The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO Class Reps

• Darrett
    Darrett
    ✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Whilst I don't disagree with any of the choices, and know that their entire point is to show pain points of classes, not offer suggestions.

I really hate that this idea exists. Why don't ZOS just listen to the complaints via the PTS threads, or the subforums, anything. Pawning of that job to 10 players instead of those who actually do the class changes, meaning we will probably end up with similar ZOS-y changes.

It takes time to compile everything and sort out the wheat from the chaff. If you can get people who will consistently provide a distilled list of legitimate community concerns without expending a resource (paid employee’s time), you’re moving in the right direction as a business.

• DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is no need for jealously. Be happy for the selectees. They will help make the game better.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »
    Gprime31 wrote: »
    This is a sad day for eso when you need help to fix this mess of a game.

i think its a positive day, maybe thi will help the devs push the game in a good direction

Design by gamer-community leads to a mess in pretty much any implementation we’ve seen. The omission of any real console players makes this a farce from the get-go—that’s 2/3 or more the player base. I hope that the devs are just doing this as tokenism and continue on their own design philosophy.
  • swirve
    swirve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who is representing Magplar DPS, Warden PvE?

I do not envy you.
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who got Warden? :smirk:

Hopefully not Alcast.
    He's the one who thought deep fissure was OP (and also thought the stun was aoe lol)
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol, I see the list and know 2 of them are known exploiters. 1 of them is brazen about it...

Funny stuff.

Isn't that sad..... such a shame.

Oh well

On a positive note:

grats @Joy_Division !
    Glad to see you on the list buddy lol (Gorthax)
    Edited by OGLezard on May 26, 2018 10:55PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good stuff!
    @Checkmath where's my Templars Anonymous discord invite!
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Who got Warden? :smirk:

Hopefully not Alcast.
    He's the one who thought deep fissure was OP (and also thought the stun was aoe lol)

I can only repeat myself: No-one of us has any class they represent assigned to themselves, we are all responsible for all of them...
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I'm happy for those who were picked and love the fact that ZOS is looking for ways to get feedback from players, it does concern me that one person on this list has previously streamed a Cyrodiil terrain exploit, and can be seen in another terrain exploit video on youtube. In my opinion taking advantage of an exploit for oneself is a bit shady but it doesn't bother me. Broadcasting it online however is another thing. But then again special treatment occurs in pretty much most parts of life.

Other than that, Congrats! :)
    Edited by Voxicity on May 26, 2018 11:12PM
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations and my best wishes to all Representatives!
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Congrats lets hope this works, yes i'm new but i still can see Warden templar and Dragon knights need help badly..

Also please whoever is warden voice do not let them ruin Frost tank.. please just just make it better damage wise.

Its the one thing Warden does well and is unique.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy about 1 name
    2 names I'm like "how does getting band from the game not auto disqualify you?"
    Oh experts in exploitation?

And then a few names that should have been there.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, I don't give a #$&- why you broke the rules and got banned, you most certainly do not represent me or my ethics.

I guess ZoS is like, "ya know, they are aware of the permabands being allowed to play F- it, hire them!"
    Edited by Waffennacht on May 27, 2018 1:11AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just looking through all the chats, it's just pvp talk with little regard for pve. It's just the same drivel you see on the forums, just in real time. Complete waste of time.
    Edited by Shad0wfire99 on May 27, 2018 2:13AM

XBox NA
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was any of the people picked play on console cause certain things might be different on console vs pc/mac us console players are the ones that need a voice for us pc/mac gets all the attention while console players voice their concerns and just get ignored half the time lag is a big contributer to the way things work or don't work on console such as attacks not working etc we need people to represent us that actually know how different it is on console
    Edited by Jake1576 on May 27, 2018 1:16AM
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First opinions on the discords so far (Note this is just my personal opinion!) Note these views are as a PvPer.

Warden: Did not check this discord as I am not involved

Dragonknight: Extremely well led by @Quantum_V who looked at fair buffs and nerfs where appropriate

Templar: Pretty much empty of knowledagble magplars who play PvP on non healtanks and little activity from @Joy_Division who seemed pretty busy at the time, so can't really say. Ill see how it progresses in the next few days.

Sorceror: HEAVILY bias thread with a lot of very dodgy buffs being "strongly considered" for magsorc, specifically pets, by people with little to no pet knowledge, but also a few good Quality of Life changes to some buggy skills, lead by @Hexys. Ill see how it progresses in the next few days

Nightblade: Absolutely awful with walls of spiteful content and off topic hate, drama etc. Little to no actual discussion after the first few hours (which were actually good). Left the discord and no intentions bothering sharing my magnb experience (my main class) in that atmosphere. No idea who the main lead here was meant to be but it was shocking.

Definite winner was @Quantum_V whom im very glad won the spot!
    Edited by Blobsky on May 27, 2018 1:17AM
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just sick, ZoS had an opportunity and once again picked some hella controversial people. Wtf?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jake1576 you're right, not a single console player.

ZoS really does think of us as second class citizens.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Quantum_V
    Quantum_V
    Class Representative
    Hey all!

I just wanted to address some questions as far as console players go. As mentioned before, the class reps will serve as a bridge between ZoS and the community, basically you guys can send us videos or ideas regardless of you playing platform and we will do our best to make it heard by ZoS. Moreover, we are trying to focus on class balancing which is the same across all plataforms.

With that said, ZoS obviously has a console department to address issues in that area - we are here mainly to promote class balance and that is not limited to the console/pc boundry!

Thanks! :)
    Edited by Quantum_V on May 27, 2018 1:38AM
    Quantum - Magicka DK

Youtube Channel

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quantum_V wrote: »
    Hey all!

I just wanted to address some questions as far as console players go. As mentioned before, the class reps will serve as a bridge between ZoS and the community, basically you guys can send us videos or ideas regardless of you playing plataform and we will do our best to make it heard by ZoS. Moreover, we are trying to focus on class balancing which is the same across all plataforms.

With that said, ZoS obviously has a console department to address issues in that area - we are here mainly to promote class balance and that is not limited to the console/pc boundry!

So how do we get on this discord that was mentioned above? How can our concerns be anywhere nearly addressed? Do you understand that camera speed is locked in at a much slower pace than PC making an ability like Deep Fissue perform far differently? Do you know about the lag created by NBs Incap or have a solution that would help console or would the solution, because not a single one of you have first hand knowledge, be lackluster and tailored for PC?

While thanks for being pass along for us, I'd still far prefer ONE to be a console player, so we get TRUE representation.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Quantum_V
    Quantum_V
    Class Representative
    Quantum_V wrote: »
    Hey all!

I just wanted to address some questions as far as console players go. As mentioned before, the class reps will serve as a bridge between ZoS and the community, basically you guys can send us videos or ideas regardless of you playing plataform and we will do our best to make it heard by ZoS. Moreover, we are trying to focus on class balancing which is the same across all plataforms.

So how do we get on this discord that was mentioned above? How can our concerns be anywhere nearly addressed? Do you understand that camera speed is locked in at a much slower pace than PC making an ability like Deep Fissue perform far differently? Do you know about the lag created by NBs Incap or have a solution that would help console or would the solution, because not a single one of you have first hand knowledge, be lackluster and tailored for PC?

While thanks for being pass along for us, I'd still far prefer ONE to be a console player, so we get TRUE representation.

Thanks for the response and I understand your concerns, man!

But keep in mind the issues you mentioned go beyond balancing issues - at that point most are technical issues. Even though we will point out and try to work with ZoS on them, we're not focusing on thouse. I suggest you try to contat ZoS directly through the forums!

PS.: I'll send you the discord through PMs
    Edited by Quantum_V on May 27, 2018 1:43AM
    Quantum - Magicka DK

Youtube Channel

• Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jake1576 you're right, not a single console player.

ZoS really does think of us as second class citizens.

Yes and with all the favoritism towards pc/mac players here as of late with the twich crates only exclusive to pc/mac players now this they don't even care to hide it i'm about to take their game and tell them they can shove it even tho it won't make a difference
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Quantum_V while I do appreciate your specific courtesy,. My point is several sets or abilities act differently on console than PC.

I.e. skoria and deep fissue will be examples for now

Deep Fissue, anyone on console knows how hard to land in PvP this is, and seeing as the Developer response was PvP related, I can assume the decision to lose the stun came from a PC perspective.

Skoria is telegraphed AF on console, not so much on PC

My point is that there are nuances that only a player whom was played on console would know.

Then there's just the god damn way it feels to get a list of representatives, period, and not a single one be one of yours.

PTS
    Closed beta tests
    Crown Crates
    Release dates/world's firsts
    Class Representatives

While I, personally, understand the reasoning behind each, that doesn't change the feeling we are constantly getting over looked.

And to be told, ya you can let us know and we'll let them know, feels exactly the same way. Like second class citizens

Edit: and this discord thing, I'm so lost lmfao, I seem to only be seeing DK stuff and it also says channels can only be accessed through an invite?

I mean if it's invite only, kinda hard to say it's open to the public
    Edited by Waffennacht on May 27, 2018 1:56AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Again, I don't give a #$&- why you broke the rules and got banned, you most certainly do not represent me or my ethics.

I guess ZoS is like, "ya know, they are aware of the permabands being allowed to play F- it, hire them!"

It's a forum ban for necroing old threads which were full of PvP update ideas -- which were still relevant at the time, just super old -- and it occurred during a time of strong forum moderation crackdown. It was not an in game ban. I've never broken ToS, cheated, exploited, etc in game. Relax. :joy:

As for your concerns about console representation, console players were considered for the group but not selected based on qualifications and history. That said, you'll be plenty able to have your voice heard by us in our discords, all of which I linked on page 4 or 5 of this thread. Console makes up a large portion of the playerbase. We will be looking to raise console-specific issues to the devs' attention.

Blobsky wrote: »
    First opinions on the discords so far (Note this is just my personal opinion!) Note these views are as a PvPer.

Dragonknight: Extremely well led by @Quantum_V who looked at fair buffs and nerfs where appropriate

Templar: Pretty much empty of knowledagble magplars who play PvP on non healtanks and little activity from @Joy_Division who seemed pretty busy at the time, so can't really say. Ill see how it progresses in the next few days.

Sorceror: HEAVILY bias thread with a lot of very dodgy buffs being "strongly considered" for magsorc, specifically pets, by people with little to no pet knowledge, but also a few good Quality of Life changes to some buggy skills, lead by @Hexys. Ill see how it progresses in the next few days

Nightblade: Absolutely awful with walls of spiteful content and off topic hate, drama etc. Little to no actual discussion after the first few hours (which were actually good). Left the discord and no intentions bothering sharing my magnb experience (my main class) in that atmosphere. No idea who the main lead here was meant to be but it was shocking.

Are we looking at the same discords?
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a forum ban for necroing old threads which were full of PvP update ideas -- which were still relevant at the time, just super old -- and it occurred during a time of strong forum moderation crackdown. It was not an in game ban. I've never broken ToS, cheated, exploited, etc in game. Relax. :joy:

As for your concerns about console representation, console players were considered for the group but not selected based on qualifications and history. That said, you'll be plenty able to have your voice heard by us in our discords, all of which I linked on page 4 or 5 of this thread. Console makes up a large portion of the playerbase. We will be looking to raise console-specific issues to the devs' attention.

I didn't name any names, but if you wanna jump on that grenade be my guest
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    Hexys wrote: »
    As I didn't ask anyone to nominate myself I'm very honored to see I made it to the list of 170 and eventually got picked out to join the team. A thank you to those who nominated me! I'm looking forward to work with the team and to gather feedback from the community to make sure that in the coming time we can work together to make good improvements.

@Blobsky And no I'm not here to buff Magsorc or Stamblade, I'm not biased at all when it comes to balance, you don't have to worry. ;)

For anyone who has good ideas for Sorcerer, you can PM me and I will invite you to our sorcerer discord in which we discuss builds, have a good chat and from today also have some extra discussion regarding balance.

Once again thanks @ZOS_GinaBruno and everyone willing to put effort into improving the gameplay!

I worry greatly about the truth of that after some of the things you write about me, PvP, PvE, these classes and the game. I hope you can surprise me as it will benefit the game significantly if nobody abuses their role, but only time will tell.

nobody of the reps is buffing anything on his own and nobody can do as he likes. we all will represent the feedback and voices we get and we wont just hand in our own suggestions. in the end it will be in the hands of the devs to implement anything. now i would be cool if we can stop spreading salt and go to the constructive part of this program. hope you all will participate soon in the already existing and the coming class discords, we gladly will read any constructive feedback regarding ALL classes.

to be honest i dont trust this small group at all. the ones that shouldve been in there without fail shouldve been gilliamtherogue, woeller and alcast the ones that actually know what their doing in theorycrafting and number crunching to the extremes. but the rest of ya no you guys i dont trust at all. id rather them do a mass statistical study over letting a small handful of people(only one that ive even heard of actually understanding the game) control our game balance fate.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    There is no need for jealously. Be happy for the selectees. They will help make the game better.

im not really jealous i only trust one person out of this whole line up which is pretty bad. they ditched the ones who have zoses algorithms down to a decimal point and threw them on a fire pit
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I didn't name any names, but if you wanna jump on that grenade be my guest

@Waffennacht it's all good dude. Sorry you feel so strongly, but you should really go back and read what I wrote.

As for the discords, they are fully open to the public. Click the links, and you're in with full access. Each has about 100 members right now. Most have more. There is one for each class, one for general healing, and one for general tanking.
    Edited by NightbladeMechanics on May 27, 2018 2:29AM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get so angry about this there are things i feel like saying but would end up being banned all we want is to be treated as equals to pc/mac players it's just horrible that zos doesn't show us the same respect as they show pc/mac players
    Edited by Jake1576 on May 27, 2018 2:36AM
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's hope these people can be objective and impartial regarding class balance. Often when such "player rep" programs are done it inevitably leads to politics and people trying to favour their own class over others.

We'll see.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
This discussion has been closed.