The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Class Reps

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, I don't think this is good idea. On the contrary - I think this is a terrible idea - and here is why:

Every single one of those people are min - max-ers. They want to use best gear, have best dps, have best party & skill composition etc. Now all of those players heave their own play style. I REALLY don't want to see certain play styles to be nerfed & other to be buffed just so those people have "their" play style buffed and could become even better - while the "average joe" will be still struggling - unless of course he/she will use meta - copy/paste build and be forced to play differently.
    And humans - are only humans - and the have what is called a human nature - In the long run I don't think this will be healthy for the game.

All in all - I think that balancing skills & classes should be a part of ZOS job... And what I fear is they might just stop to listen to all players feedback - and only listen to those 12 people that are not for sure representing ALL eso players & play styles.

Rant over. Only thing left is to hope I am terribly wrong and this will be actually good for the game & it's balance.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on May 26, 2018 9:09AM
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    small update for you guys.
    we already opened a tank discord server, which is maintained by @Liofa atm, we also got the warden discord ruled by @stileanima, a sorc discord from @GandTheImpaler, and i recently opened up the discord for templars. if you want to join, send me a message in here or on discord via Checkmath#0478. dont worry, if you post into one discord, all reps will read your feedback sooner or later.

those discords are free for all to join and to give in their feedback. because of various reasons we like to get good quality feedback, preferable with numbers, screenshots and clips, and not only mere opinions. we also would like to see no discussing, mimimi and salty messages in those discords.

as a small reminder, we reps all only are human beings, we all have a job or do some studies, we have family, friends and other hobbies too. so please keep your feedbacks short and clear, dont start discussions, since we would like to read through this. we cant spend 24/7 with reading your comments, but we really appreciate good feedbacks and will read them. if you really want to help us out and the game, please think about us reps too, since we are in need of your help and want to consider your words too.

once more thank you all for your work and we are glad to hear from you guys.
    Edited by Checkmath on May 26, 2018 9:12AM
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol, I see the list and know 2 of them are known exploiters. 1 of them is brazen about it...

Funny stuff.

Thank god I'm not the only one that is baffled by the choices zos makes.
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Isojukka wrote: »
    Mureel wrote: »
    @Joy_Division <3 YAY! YAY! YAY!

I cannot think of anyone better!

<3 Islyn

@alcast

*For Templars* 'fraid not.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    To be honest, I don't think this is good idea. On the contrary - I think this is a terrible idea - and here is why:

Every single one of those people are min - max-ers. They want to use best gear, have best dps, have best party & skill composition etc. Now all of those players heave their own play style. I REALLY don't want to see certain play styles to be nerfed & other to be buffed just so those people have "their" play style buffed and could become even better - while the "average joe" will be still struggling - unless of course he/she will use meta - copy/paste build and be forced to play differently.
    And humans - are only humans - and the have what is called a human nature - In the long run I don't think this will be healthy for the game.

All in all - I think that balancing skills & classes should be a part of ZOS job... And what I fear is they might just stop to listen to all players feedback - and only listen to those 12 people that are not for sure representing ALL eso players & play styles.

Rant over. Only thing left is to hope I am terribly wrong and this will be actually good for the game & it's balance.

Don't assume you know us, because a min-maxer is exactly the opposite of what I am...

I speak for all of us if I say that the goal is to improve balance and to make as many playstyles viable as possible.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hexys wrote: »
    As I didn't ask anyone to nominate myself I'm very honored to see I made it to the list of 170 and eventually got picked out to join the team. A thank you to those who nominated me! I'm looking forward to work with the team and to gather feedback from the community to make sure that in the coming time we can work together to make good improvements.

@Blobsky And no I'm not here to buff Magsorc or Stamblade, I'm not biased at all when it comes to balance, you don't have to worry. ;)

For anyone who has good ideas for Sorcerer, you can PM me and I will invite you to our sorcerer discord in which we discuss builds, have a good chat and from today also have some extra discussion regarding balance.

Once again thanks @ZOS_GinaBruno and everyone willing to put effort into improving the gameplay!

I worry greatly about the truth of that after some of the things you write about me, PvP, PvE, these classes and the game. I hope you can surprise me as it will benefit the game significantly if nobody abuses their role, but only time will tell.
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blobsky wrote: »
    As I didn't ask anyone to nominate myself I'm very honored to see I made it to the list of 170 and eventually got picked out to join the team. A thank you to those who nominated me! I'm looking forward to work with the team and to gather feedback from the community to make sure that in the coming time we can work together to make good improvements.

@Blobsky And no I'm not here to buff Magsorc or Stamblade, I'm not biased at all when it comes to balance, you don't have to worry. ;)

For anyone who has good ideas for Sorcerer, you can PM me and I will invite you to our sorcerer discord in which we discuss builds, have a good chat and from today also have some extra discussion regarding balance.

Once again thanks @ZOS_GinaBruno and everyone willing to put effort into improving the gameplay!

I worry greatly about the truth of that after some of the things you write about me, PvP, PvE, these classes and the game. I hope you can surprise me as it will benefit the game significantly if nobody abuses their role, but only time will tell.

nobody of the reps is buffing anything on his own and nobody can do as he likes. we all will represent the feedback and voices we get and we wont just hand in our own suggestions. in the end it will be in the hands of the devs to implement anything. now i would be cool if we can stop spreading salt and go to the constructive part of this program. hope you all will participate soon in the already existing and the coming class discords, we gladly will read any constructive feedback regarding ALL classes.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is anyone on the list playing on console?

Whilst I appreciate this, it would be good to have input from players from both of the console community to add that pov.
  • Lichbourne90
    Lichbourne90
    ✭✭✭
    So is it safe at this point to assume that stamsorc is not being represented by a stamsorc main? If so that's just fantastic....
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    woul
    Hallothiel wrote: »

Whilst I appreciate this, it would be good to have input from players from both of the console community to add that pov.

I think the reps will still be interacting with the console community
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I like to give my congratulations and condolences to all the class-reps. ;)

Happy you agreed to take the job. <3

• Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »
    woul
    Hallothiel wrote: »

I think the reps will still be interacting with the console community

We may be doing that already :)

28v9co8.png
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is it safe at this point to assume that stamsorc is not being represented by a stamsorc main? If so that's just fantastic....

Pretty clear I think

Stamsorc is somehow low population
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsterchen wrote: »
    Well, I like to give my congratulations and condolences to all the class-reps. ;)

Happy you agreed to take the job. <3

sry to disappoint you @Elsterchen , but we all got forced into the representative program.....
    nah only joking, we all agreed to do this and we all are happy to represent your voices as representatives.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »

Pretty clear I think

Stamsorc is somehow low population

Actually stamsorcs are having an explosion in population nowadays. Its just that they are not so vocal on forums.
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

GandTheImpaler is a sorc main, both Stamina and Magicka. Repeating this again, we are covering pretty much everything. Best thing for you to do is joining those discord channels Reps created for collecting feedback from community :)
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We’re excited to let everyone know we’re ready to announce the members of the ESO Class Representative Program! Everyone in the program has played ESO for years, and has hundreds, if not over a thousand days played. While some of these players may specialize in one or two classes in particular, everyone has max level characters in every class and is experienced in both PvP and PvE. It was a difficult decision to make and there were many qualified players, but we’re very thrilled to have these 12 players kicking off this new program.

After combing through almost 170 player nominations, we’d like to present the new ESO Class Representatives:
    • Alcast
    • Checkmath
    • FearTurbo
    • GandTheImpaler
    • Hexys
    • JoyDivision
    • KenaPK
    • Liofa
    • Masel92
    • Quantum_V
    • Stileanima
    • Tasear
    As a reminder, the class reps will be collating top concerns for every class to present to the Dev Team; they will not be making game-altering decisions, but they will make sure your voice is heard. After each quarterly meeting, the plan will be to publish notes so everyone can see what was discussed, and you can ask questions to the group. We’re tentatively scheduling the first meeting around the middle of June.

Please join us in congratulating and welcoming this group to the program!

you missed gilliamtherogue i dont trust over half of those selections with my gameplay so this should be good...........
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »

nobody of the reps is buffing anything on his own and nobody can do as he likes. we all will represent the feedback and voices we get and we wont just hand in our own suggestions. in the end it will be in the hands of the devs to implement anything. now i would be cool if we can stop spreading salt and go to the constructive part of this program. hope you all will participate soon in the already existing and the coming class discords, we gladly will read any constructive feedback regarding ALL classes.

Isn't exploiting the most legit of concerns when it is about being representative for anything? Dont't try to put that into "salt" category. Because I am for sure very concerned to have someone being selected that has repeatedly chosen to abuse any shady or outright exploity mechanic to his advantage over the course of 4 years.

I do get that you guys feel somehow responsible for defending your newly founded inner circle and its integrity. But blindly defending due to being uninformed is not the way to go, you are in fact further undermining said integrity. I do hope that it is unintentional and you are indeed not aware what has happened.

It's an insult to anyone who has chosen to not abuse any exploit and values fair-play.
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on May 26, 2018 12:34PM
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well it doesnt help that ive heard one of them actually uses macros and thats floating all over the place so that doesnt help at all
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »

Isn't exploiting the most legit of concerns when it is about being representative for anything? Dont't try to put that into "salt" category. Because I am for sure very concerned to have someone being selected that has repeatedly chosen to abuse any shady or outright exploity mechanic to his advantage over the course of 4 years.

I do get that you guys feel somehow responsible for defending your newly founded inner circle and its integrity. But blindly defending due to being uninformed is not the way to go, you are in fact further undermining said integrity. I do hope that it is unintentional and you are indeed not aware what has happened.

It's an insult to anyone who has chosen to not abuse any exploit and values fair-play.

i wasnt talking about exploits at all in my previous comment. i just wanted to state, what we will be capable of and what we are meant to do. some people have the feeling, that we could actually use our position in a wrong way. this wont happen, because its not possible. we will collect feedback all together and will make a list of conclusions together. so therefore we have the voices of hopefully a lot of people from the community united in one list. no one of the representatives will be able to manipulate anything here, since we will present our conclusion as a group to the devs and not as a single person.
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Asayre should be at the top of that list, but I sadly think he has stopped playing :'(

Would also like to see @Gilliamtherogue on there as he has deep knowledge of the game.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which one is the Australian representative?

Doesn't matter how many class reps you have if none know what it's like with our latency.
    Edited by VilniusNastavnik on May 26, 2018 12:57PM
    Active Toons:
    NA - VilniusNastavnik - Magsorc DPS - Altmer
    NA - Ko'h Nehko'h - Stamblade Archer - Khajit
    NA - Arwyn Winterlight - MagPlar Healer - Breton
    NA - Urog Blackfang - DK Tank - Orc
    NA - Elen Windsong - Stamsorc DPS - Bosmer
    NA - Eats-Strange-Fungus - Magden HealzTank- Argonian
    NA - Harwyn Northwind - MagWarden DPS - High Elf
    NA - Raises-Many-Families - Necro HealzTank - Argonian

Picture of my Active Toons.

Obligatory ESO Fashion website plug: Vil's Portfolio
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Who is this KenaPK fellow and what has he done with the real Kena?
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Greevir
    Greevir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who on the list is representing trial healing? I am unfamiliar with many of the names.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Greevir wrote: »
    Who on the list is representing trial healing? I am unfamiliar with many of the names.

Trial healing isn't a class, but multiple players on that list have a ton of experience in trial guilds and know the ins and outs of healing very well.

Also don't forget that the class reps' job isn't to tell ZOS what they personally would change about the classes. It's to gather and sift feedback from players and present it to ZOS. So if you care about trial healing, participate in the class discords the reps are putting together and get your feedback heard.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Greevir
    Greevir
    ✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »

Trial healing isn't a class, but multiple players on that list have a ton of experience in trial guilds and know the ins and outs of healing very well.

Also don't forget that the class reps' job isn't to tell ZOS what they personally would change about the classes. It's to gather and sift feedback from players and present it to ZOS. So if you care about trial healing, participate in the class discords the reps are putting together and get your feedback heard.

Yeah, I know. It's just that trials are really the only content healers are needed for still. And I'm afraid that won't even be true in the future.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which one is the Australian representative?

Doesn't matter how many class reps you have if none know what it's like with our latency.

Good point

Hope someone is experiencing high ping

Would help to understand some issues (dizzying swing?)

Anyway lets give them some congrats and focus on the good

We ll see what happens from here
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »

Yeah, I know. It's just that trials are really the only content healers are needed for still. And I'm afraid that won't even be true in the future.

I would say that healers are extremely important in PvP content. While every class can heal, there are times where only a dedicated healer can save your skin from certain death.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on May 26, 2018 1:18PM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liofa wrote: »

GandTheImpaler is a sorc main, both Stamina and Magicka. Repeating this again, we are covering pretty much everything. Best thing for you to do is joining those discord channels Reps created for collecting feedback from community :)

Thanks for sharing
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We’re excited to let everyone know we’re ready to announce the members of the ESO Class Representative Program! Everyone in the program has played ESO for years, and has hundreds, if not over a thousand days played. While some of these players may specialize in one or two classes in particular, everyone has max level characters in every class and is experienced in both PvP and PvE. It was a difficult decision to make and there were many qualified players, but we’re very thrilled to have these 12 players kicking off this new program.

After combing through almost 170 player nominations, we’d like to present the new ESO Class Representatives:
    • Alcast
    • Checkmath
    • FearTurbo
    • GandTheImpaler
    • Hexys
    • JoyDivision
    • KenaPK
    • Liofa
    • Masel92
    • Quantum_V
    • Stileanima
    • Tasear
    As a reminder, the class reps will be collating top concerns for every class to present to the Dev Team; they will not be making game-altering decisions, but they will make sure your voice is heard. After each quarterly meeting, the plan will be to publish notes so everyone can see what was discussed, and you can ask questions to the group. We’re tentatively scheduling the first meeting around the middle of June.

Please join us in congratulating and welcoming this group to the program!

I'll book mark this page, I do forget sure. But do feel bad tagging others. Alcast though, think he mostly pvp?
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
This discussion has been closed.