The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Pyandonean (Maormer) Motif!

• Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. Thanks for giving me less and less reasons to ever consider a crown crate. Never buying one ever again lol. Remove the consumables junk and i will reconsider.
    PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    Remember when crown store exclusive full motifs were controversial? Now we have crown crate individual chapters. This all reminds me of the story of the frog boiled alive.

Crown motifs must not have sold well the first time. One was worst value than the first, and then we went over a year without any more. With their return the following year on a seasonal schedule there was probably a lot more bought.

This is ZOS trying again to push the envelope.

That’s not surprising when they priced them in the range of a full DLC.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • DaGhostDS
    DaGhostDS
    ✭✭✭
    Wtf, It will only be fine if it replace *** consumable that are in EVERY crates and even there it will be a stretch.
    Options
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone check your email inboxes. Sure this stuff is just cosmetic to some, but it's also where ZOS has decided to make their profits. Customers who care about this stuff are just as important to them as those who sub or buy DLC and Chapters. ZOS wants to keep both players as customers, and they just emailed out customer surveys.

I sub and I haven't gotten a survey. Wonder where mine is hiding? Lol
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
    Options
  • Sadique
    Sadique
    ✭✭✭
    I have not seen one yet either. Will certainly be filling it out in regards to this though, if I get it.
    Options
  • Raz415
    Raz415
    ✭✭✭
    Adding my voice to the "this is a horrible idea" group.

Sorry ZOS, but your cash shop is one of the worst I have ever encountered, and that's even BEFORE I knew about this decision. People WILL be very upset over this.

Friendly advice: abandon lootchests. People hate them.
    Options
  • MaddPowered
    MaddPowered
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smaxx wrote: »
    Makes me think about it. What if it's meant to get people wanting to buy store exclusive motifs to try crates? Let's just play with these thoughts for a moment in a "what if" scenario. Not saying I'm okay with this, just thinking about it.

To repeat myself: This is pure speculation. This might be true, but I might be completely wrong!
    • Previous Crown Store exclusive motives were sold at 5,000 crowns.
    • 15 Crown Crates cost you 5,000 crowns.
    • A full motif set includes 14 chapters (7 armor pieces, 6 weapon categories, 1 shield)

So what if every Crown Crate is guaranteed to include one Pyandonean motif chapter you do not own yet?

While this would set a precedence for Crown Crates, a system like this is already in place with the new Battleground rewards:
    Outfit Style Pages of Fanged Worm and Horned Dragon equipment can be occasionally obtained from Battlemaster Rivyn's Reward Boxes, which are obtained by completing your first Battleground LFG in a day on that character. These Style Pages are account bound, and will not drop if you already have that item in your inventory or that outfit style unlocked.

So in this situation the whole thing might not be that bad. It wouldn't be "awesome" or anything like that, but I'd still feel far less annoyed about it and I might even get it anyway.

Previous crown store exclusive motifs were NOT 5,000. They were 2,000. Lol. (Frost caster and Grim Harlequin)
    World's First Planesbreaker
    World's First Bugged Planesbreaker
    World's First Dawnbringer
    World's Third Godslayer
    World's Second Immortal Redeemer
    World's Third Gryphon Heart

Top scores :
    vAA - 4D (PC NA) - 154,068 - 8:31 Greymoor
    vSO - 4D (PC NA) - 180,238 - 11:28 Greymoor
    vHRC - 4D (PC NA) - 163,258 - 8:28 Greymoor
    vMOL - Calamity (PC NA) - 174,680 - 9:42 Stonethorn
    vHOF - 4D (PC NA) - 232,362 - 14:11 Greymoor
    vAS - 4D (PC NA) - 117,014 - 2:41 Stonethorn
    vCR - Calamity (PC NA) - 136,091 - 3:45 Stonethorn
    vSS - 4D (PC NA) - 255,552 - 21:34 Greymoor
    vKA - 4D (PC NA) - 247,292 - 16:19 Greymoor
    vRG - Calamity (PC NA) - 301,438 - 24:21 Blackwood
    Options
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, we've talked about this earlier,, going to edit my post just to be sure.

Options
  • Sarnni
    Sarnni
    ✭✭
    If anyone has one of these please post a pic are they bound to character or bound to account? Either way, the idea is really poor. I kind of like the boxes but would not buy more crates for a chance to get a page of the motif.

But one thing about this idea, I currently have farmed, bought and have obtained every motif currently in the game, and I am happy to be a completionist there, the sheer volume of furniture recipes has discouraged me from attempting to be a completionist in that respect and I love crafting.

This new marketing concept of per page for motif will ruin any hope of being any type of crafting completionist.

ZOS .... Goals should be obtainable.
    Options
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarnni wrote: »
    If anyone has one of these please post a pic are they bound to character or bound to account? Either way, the idea is really poor. I kind of like the boxes but would not buy more crates for a chance to get a page of the motif.

But one thing about this idea, I currently have farmed, bought and have obtained every motif currently in the game, and I am happy to be a completionist there, the sheer volume of furniture recipes has discouraged me from attempting to be a completionist in that respect and I love crafting.

This new marketing concept of per page for motif will ruin any hope of being any type of crafting completionist.

ZOS .... Goals should be obtainable.

I used mine in PTS, but it's a Crown Crate item, and all Crown Crate items are account bound, so... I don't see it being an exception.
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would be careful posting a pic since your screen should be watermarked.

Looks like I didn't get one, so I can't test for myself. Can someone who did tell me, is it in fact a crafting motif and not just something for the outfit system, and is it learn per character or per account?
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Options
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Theyve done gone off the deep end. It was inevitable...But geez I guess apart of me hoped they would have enough sense up there to know that there was a line that should not be crossed. And here they are.

Pages of a motif in a crown crate instead of the book itself. It was bad enough that they were putting Motifs behind the crates.

Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    If I read the datamine right, the full book is also in the crates. If this is so, you can just buy it for gems, no?

Or its like the mounts you cant get with gems and you can only buy each chapter for 100 gems a piece.
    Options
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am against anything related to gamble crates. You created a game with zero nudity and strong language for a wider playerbase and now you teach kids and adults how to gamble. If your intention is to lead more and more players to the exit till you have non and shut down, you can be sincere once and let us know now.
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
    Options
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I'm happy to see the outrage and how this topic blew up. I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks a crown crate exclusive motif is utter bull ***!

While some of you say you've seen it coming with the implementation of the outfit system, I cannot say the same. Nonetheless, I think it's a foul and greedy practice for those of us within the community that love the way our characters can look.

Currently on live, I have every available motif and outfit style available, save Grim Harlequin and the currently unavailable Tsaesci styles. Though it is vain, I love having all those options for all my characters and their appearances and one thing I love to see in patch notes are motifs that are being added.

When the next crown crate season starts, the Psijic Vault(?), you'll be able to look at everything available within, including the Pyandonean motif, which is also currently view-able in the PTS in the Sunhold public dungeon. Had I not opened my crate before going there, I would've thought that motif would've been available with update 19, as ZOS likes to withhold some motif styles for the next update. Sadly that is not the case with this style, but something even worse. Each individual page, all 14 of them, can be obtained from the Psijic crates. Will the whole book be purchase-able with gems? Or will it be clumped into that excruciatingly rare "Radiant Apex" section of the crates, so only a small portion of those that get lucky or have a large surplus of money they'd be willing to spare on the game (whales) can obtain it?

The initial crown store exclusive motifs were a blow and slap in the face to me and others that love collecting them. I was quite unhappy, dare I even say distraught, when I found out Grim Harlequin and Frostcaster were crown store exclusive motifs. Though I had the crown necessary to purchase Frostcaster this past year, and have saved crowns for Tsaesci and Grim Harlequin, the odds of me using what crowns I still have left to obtain pages for the Pyandeonean is slim to none. Yes, you already have my money, but with this happening, what's stopping you from putting more in the crates? People already hate crown crates, this is just more reason to rally against them.

Though I cannot petition in the forums, I ask ZOS the company and @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, @ZOS_RichLambert, @ZOS_MattFiror to please reconsider this course of action. If you must have the Pyandonean motif available for crowns in any form, have it be the full book available for crowns, the same as Grim Harlequin, the same as Frostcaster, and hopefully the same as Tsaesci, and do not put any motif that is not already available in the game in any way in crown crates.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember when crown store exclusive full motifs were controversial? Now we have crown crate individual chapters. This all reminds me of the story of the frog boiled alive.

A ton of people bought the crown store ones, so they feel they can get away with this.

The only way they'll stop doing this is if people stop buying them, but that will never happen.
    Options
  • Highlor3
    Highlor3
    ✭✭✭✭
    fXeIuk9.png
    [PC-NA] CP 1400+ The Conquest of Tamriel, UESP & Taverna do Mestre
    The Scientia Consortium:
    • Rodbertus Quercus, Imperial, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Robert Bethencourt, Breton, Templar [DC]
    • Karlindah Telvanni, Dunmer, Sorcerer [AD]
    • Hejthuxis (former Raises-Her-Rear), Argonian, Nightblade [EP]
    • Limeril Bravewind, Altmer, Warden [AD]
    • Isilarelen, Dunmer, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Elindael, Bosmer, Warden [AD]
    • Hrodberaht Bright-Fame, "Nordguard", Warden [EP]
    • Ra'Kham, Khajiit, Nightblade [DC]
    • Brazilia gra-Bagol, Orsimer, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Nirrah al-Hegathe, Redguard, Necromancer [DC]
    • Theodora Quercus, Imperial, Templar [DC]
    • Cuddles-In-The-Water, Argonian, Templar [EP]
    • Cainneach the Pale, Reachman, Necromancer [AD]
    • Dughlas af-Fearley, Redguard, Sorcerer [DC]
    • Roze Cloturier, Breton, Arcanist [AD]
    • Alvyrspic the Remnant, Nord, Arcanist [DC]
    [PC-EU] No CP THE CAPS ARMY
    • Adaltos Indoril, Dunmer, Templar [EP]
    • Geralt of Evermore, Breton, Nightblade [DC]
    • Feainneweedd, Altmer, Sorcerer [AD]
    • Robert Cloturier-Baudiae, Breton, Arcanist [DC]
    • M'ahnurr the Elusive, Khajiit, Arcanist [AD]
    Options
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bad move, zos
    Options
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now we wait to see if they read the answers to those surveys, as there certainly were a lot of questions about the crown store in there.

the sad truth is there are people who are already ready to buy these crates in bulk. which makes it impossible to send a unified message that we do not approve, because someones money is talking and that is the only thing they are hearing.
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
    Options
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Putting motif chapters instead of full books in crown crates...
    giphy.gif

As if crate-only stuff wasn't bad enough...
    Edited by N00BxV1 on April 19, 2018 5:25AM
    Options
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is ZOS that desperate for money? Should we be concerned? Sticking motif pages in the whale crates is a really low move.
    PS4 Pro NA
    Options
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like there's something really off/fishy about the new crown crates, since they can obviously include base character creation assets now?

I'm confused.Could this all be a bug after all? I could indeed imagine all the extra Pyandonean article images etc. for a preview list (just like you can preview the contents of furnishing packs), but then again why isn't there a simple reply like "Be patient, it's a bug."? Hmpf…
    Options
  • LittlePumpkin030
    LittlePumpkin030
    ✭✭✭

so you mean, we just all get used to it and bow?
    I would be careful posting a pic since your screen should be watermarked.

Looks like I didn't get one, so I can't test for myself. Can someone who did tell me, is it in fact a crafting motif and not just something for the outfit system, and is it learn per character or per account?

It is a crafting motif as well.
    This one has wares if you have coins, yes!

ESO-Streamerin https://www.twitch.tv/littlepumpkin030
    Options
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Smaxx wrote: »
    Seems like there's something really off/fishy about the new crown crates, since they can obviously include base character creation assets now?

I'm confused.Could this all be a bug after all? I could indeed imagine all the extra Pyandonean article images etc. for a preview list (just like you can preview the contents of furnishing packs), but then again why isn't there a simple reply like "Be patient, it's a bug."? Hmpf…

They have done lost their ever loving minds - between crown motif crate PAGES and base game markings in crates? Sorry ZOS, i think I'll be showing myself to the door.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
    Options
  • LittlePumpkin030
    LittlePumpkin030
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I am again kindly asking for a response, explanation or what so ever. Is this really the way ZOS wanna go ahead with?

Options
  • Pinesy
    Pinesy
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who has spent literally thousands on this game, has been around since beta, and even just filled out the survey saying I had been relatively happy with the crown store & crates ...

This is upsetting. Chapters from crown crates? What if you get a duplicate? LOL

ZoS you've gone too far. No more extra spending from me.
    Edited by Pinesy on April 19, 2018 12:57PM
    Beezenees IGN (PC/NA)
    Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Yinmaigao wrote: »
    nouagea wrote: »
    Froil wrote: »
    Opened the crown crate that's going to be available with Summerset and I got Pyandonean Swords. Ooh this'll be a fun style!

Single chapter drops in horrible RNG crown crates? Oh man, I don't know about this...

And, bonus, getting a page doesn't remove it from the drop table, so not only do you have to get 14 different drops, you also have to hope that you don't get duplicates. But you're just as likely to get the exact same motif chapter 14 times as you to get all the pieces.

But hey, nothing buying a very reasonable couple hundred crates for $1000 USD won't solve, right? /s

Has anyone confirmed that you can get duplicate chapters?

... if so, this is getting more maddening by the minute ::grabs pitchfork::
    I don't think anyone can confirm it, we don't have multiple crates to work with.

However, every other item in the Crown Store can drop duplicates, so this would literally be the only exception to that rule. I sincerely doubt they'll make it the solitary exception.

Which is already a bad thing about the crates. It's a really hard blow to the gutt when you see the same exact Apex mount drop that you already got when you wanted another Apex mount, and they don't even give you enough gems to buy the other. It's 400 gems for an Apex mount and I think you get 33 gems for a repeat automatic refund. That's BS!
    Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    Thread is five (5) pages deep now and no reply from ZOS ...

Not sure if I should be ashamed, not surprised, or both ...

They never reply to anything involving crown crates or crown store contents except very rarely when it's related to a bug or glitch. Makes me think that there is company-wide directive to not engage.

I know there is, because every company I work for has this, written or unwritten, rule that you can't say anything about company policy, especially when it comes to billing, because it is taken as an official statement.
    This one would probably have to go through legal especially since they would be posting it to live forever in Google.
    Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raz415 wrote: »

Sorry ZOS, but your cash shop is one of the worst I have ever encountered, and that's even BEFORE I knew about this decision. People WILL be very upset over this.

They won't abandon lootboxes/crown crates until the court system steps in and smack the hand of another greedy bigger company, or ZOS, but currently has only happened to smaller companies or mobile games mostly, or outside the US.
    I think it may take one of the "whales" of this game suing them for their money back when they don't get what they want or feel they lost too much money.
    Options
  • LittlePumpkin030
    LittlePumpkin030
    ✭✭✭
    Raz415 wrote: »

They won't abandon lootboxes/crown crates until the court system steps in and smack the hand of another greedy bigger company, or ZOS, but currently has only happened to smaller companies or mobile games mostly, or outside the US.
    I think it may take one of the "whales" of this game suing them for their money back when they don't get what they want or feel they lost too much money.

The issue is, as long as people still buy them, they will keep existing.

Options