Pyandonean (Maormer) Motif!

• driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Smaxx wrote: »
    driosketch wrote: »
    Motifs you can get in game are often sold for 5,000 crowns. Exclusive motifs are sold for around 2,200 crowns. The Oct one also has so many mimic stones it rivals the big stone pack for value.

Were they at 2,200? Okay, then my whole idea is obsolete. :P
    xbobx wrote: »
    "So what if every Crown Crate is guaranteed to include one Pyandonean motif chapter you do not own yet?"

Were you on drugs when you wrote that?

No? Why exactly?

Because you clearly have no idea about the topic you are talking about.

Prior Crown Store exclusives have not cost anytwhere near 5k crowns. They also came with mimic stones.

You are not guaranteed a drop from the crates, and the idea that you somehow cannot get duplicates and will instead get a motif piece you don't already know is just your wishful thinking, it's pulled out of thin air.

Why do you want to defend something when you don't even have the slightest idea how this works?

No need to beat them up for playing a little Devil's Advocate. With new info, no guarantee of drop and the past cost they have acknowledge the idea is bunk themselves.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Options
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To quote myself:
    First obligatory my opinion in general:

I will not buy any single gift for friends, guild mates, or anyone else, if we're indeed now getting crafting/outfit motifs exclusive to the randomness of the Crown Crate system. Add all the costumes, emotes, mounts, etc. you want, but adding single motif chapters is asking too much (and also diluting the system even more). Just felt like this is important to add, since for me this greatly diminishes the attractiveness of the new gifting system. I couldn't resist any Crown Store exclusive styles so far, but that's asking for too much now.
    Not saying I'm okay with this, just thinking about it.

I was just speculating that it could be less worse than it looks like. Still ***, but not as *** (and yes, still not better). But overall, no, I'm not defending this and I'd rather avoid it as a whole as well.
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Thalmor style looks lit. Is that also crate exclusive?
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. The other two styles are once again reward/quest based like others.
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good. Thanks @Smaxx. Definitely want that Sapiarch/Thalmor style.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

@Feanor

As far as I know, it will be available for daily quests. The Sapiarch style :)
    It indeed looks as lit as Magnus. I was going to wear the Divine Prosecution style, but as a full hearted Thalmor, I must wear this until the end of time.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
    Options
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Morrowind added 7 motifs, and Summerset adds 3 (3 obtainable in game) +1 (split up in a crown crate). I'm usually, generally, all for ZOS, but when a motif this cool comes out, it's despicable to split it up in the crown crates.

Edit: Honestly, what did they think would happen? That everyone would kneel and praise them for finally giving Maormer a style? No. Obviously not.
    Edited by SilverIce58 on April 18, 2018 2:08PM
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
    Options
  • LittlePumpkin030
    LittlePumpkin030
    ✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

@Feanor

As far as I know, it will be available for daily quests. The Sapiarch style :)
    It indeed looks as lit as Magnus. I was going to wear the Divine Prosecution style, but as a full hearted Thalmor, I must wear this until the end of time.

Wrong Thread...
    This one has wares if you have coins, yes!

ESO-Streamerin https://www.twitch.tv/littlepumpkin030
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dracane

I‘m a little wary when it comes to artwork pictures ever since that Divayth Fyr costume got released :lol: But that robe simply looks gorgeous on the pic.

I just hope the dailies won’t be a chore, the only ones I could stomach were the clockwork city ones so far.
    Options
  • LittlePumpkin030
    LittlePumpkin030
    ✭✭✭
    @Dracane

I‘m a little wary when it comes to artwork pictures ever since that Divayth Fyr costume got released :lol: But that robe simply looks gorgeous on the pic.

I just hope the dailies won’t be a chore, the only ones I could stomach were the clockwork city ones so far.

This is not a general discussion about robes or costumes. please stick to the original thematic. Thank you

Options
  • LittlePumpkin030
    LittlePumpkin030
    ✭✭✭
    So Morrowind added 7 motifs, and Summerset adds 3 (3 obtainable in game) +1 (split up in a crown crate). I'm usually, generally, all for ZOS, but when a motif this cool comes out, it's despicable to split it up in the crown crates.

Edit: Honestly, what did they think would happen? That everyone would kneel and praise them for finally giving Maormer a style? No. Obviously not.

I really like the Style of the Maormer, but the way they set this up is just to much. An RNG drop with real money is not acceptable.

Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dracane

Hang on my dear, I shall reveal to you.

30715349_1504324256356653_1843094239081136128_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=a269586c7ca3ebbb29753c01c94b94bc&oe=5B72219D

This is the full heavy armor :) (Yes, the head is Psijic, sorry) The heavy armor actually looks more light than the light armor version.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dracane

This is not a general discussion about robes or costumes. please stick to the original thematic. Thank you

The original thematic being splitting up a motif into 14 pages and putting these into a crate without a guaranteed drop as a thing the player base despises? What more is there to say about that?
    Options
  • LittlePumpkin030
    LittlePumpkin030
    ✭✭✭
    @Dracane

The original thematic being splitting up a motif into 14 pages and putting these into a crate without a guaranteed drop as a thing the player base despises? What more is there to say about that?

Well when you don't have to say anything to the thematic and want to discuss about general costumes, please open a new thread for it.

Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dracane

Well when you don't have to say anything to the thematic and want to discuss about general costumes, please open a new thread for it.

I apologize for being off topic. I just got excited for a moment.
    Options
  • LittlePumpkin030
    LittlePumpkin030
    ✭✭✭
    @Dracane

I apologize for being off topic. I just got excited for a moment.

accepted ^_^

Options
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I really like the Style of the Maormer, but the way they set this up is just to much. An RNG drop with real money is not acceptable.

Yeah, I love the style too, especially more so now that Maormer aren't wearing a darker, sleeveless version of Ancient Elf.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Options
  • Highlor3
    Highlor3
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the first Crown Crate exclusive motif, the first time a Crown motif is used by NPCs in the game. Stalhrim Frostcaster, Grim Harlequin or the not-yet-released Tsaesci aren't used by NPCs.

Morrowind's Motifs available at launch (with achievements): Buoyant Armiger, Militant Ordinator, Ashlander and Morag Tong (conversion included in CE);
    Morrowind's Motifs added later in an update (with achievements): Telvanni, Redoran and Hlaalu;
    Morrowind's Motif only present in trial gear: Clockwork.

Summerset's Motifs available at launch (with achievements): Psijic and Sapiarch;
    Summerset's Outfit Style exclusive to CE: Divine Prosecution;
    Summerset's Motif used by enemy NPC, sold exclusively in Crown Crates: Pyandonean;
    Summerset's Motif only present in trial gear: Welkynar.

Noticed something?! Less motifs obtainable in the Chapter, more being sold separately.

They might add more motifs in a future update, maybe Divine Prosecution, Pyandonean or Welkynar,... or they might not.
    Edited by Highlor3 on April 18, 2018 2:32PM
    [PC-NA] CP 1400+ The Conquest of Tamriel, UESP & Taverna do Mestre
    The Scientia Consortium:
    • Rodbertus Quercus, Imperial, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Robert Bethencourt, Breton, Templar [DC]
    • Karlindah Telvanni, Dunmer, Sorcerer [AD]
    • Hejthuxis (former Raises-Her-Rear), Argonian, Nightblade [EP]
    • Limeril Bravewind, Altmer, Warden [AD]
    • Isilarelen, Dunmer, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Elindael, Bosmer, Warden [AD]
    • Hrodberaht Bright-Fame, "Nordguard", Warden [EP]
    • Ra'Kham, Khajiit, Nightblade [DC]
    • Brazilia gra-Bagol, Orsimer, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Nirrah al-Hegathe, Redguard, Necromancer [DC]
    • Theodora Quercus, Imperial, Templar [DC]
    • Cuddles-In-The-Water, Argonian, Templar [EP]
    • Cainneach the Pale, Reachman, Necromancer [AD]
    • Dughlas af-Fearley, Redguard, Sorcerer [DC]
    • Roze Cloturier, Breton, Arcanist [AD]
    • Alvyrspic the Remnant, Nord, Arcanist [DC]
    [PC-EU] No CP THE CAPS ARMY
    • Adaltos Indoril, Dunmer, Templar [EP]
    • Geralt of Evermore, Breton, Nightblade [DC]
    • Feainneweedd, Altmer, Sorcerer [AD]
    • Robert Cloturier-Baudiae, Breton, Arcanist [DC]
    • M'ahnurr the Elusive, Khajiit, Arcanist [AD]
    Options
  • LittlePumpkin030
    LittlePumpkin030
    ✭✭✭
    Highlor3 wrote: »
    This is the first Crown Crate exclusive motif, the first time a Crown motif is used by NPCs in the game. Stalhrim Frostcaster, Grim Harlequin or the not-yet-released Tsaesci aren't used by NPCs.

Morrowind's Motifs available at launch (with achievements): Buoyant Armiger, Militant Ordinator, Ashlander and Morag Tong (conversion included in CE);
    Morrowind's Motifs added later in an update (with achievements): Telvanni, Redoran and Hlaalu;

Summerset's Motifs available at launch (with achievements): Psijic and Sapiarch;
    Summerset's Motif used by enemy NPC, sold exclusively in Crown Crates: Pyandonean;

Noticed something?! Less motifs obtainable in the Chapter, more being sold separately.

They might add more motifs in a future update, maybe Divine Prosecution, Pyandonean or Welkynar,... or they might not.

possible.

Options
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Highlor3 wrote: »

I thought the Divine Prosecution from the CE wasn't a motif, and instead just a style. Isn't it obtainable in-game?

Anyhow, if they were to add more motifs in an update similar to the Great Houses of Morrowind, what would they even add besides Pyandonean? Some type of Sload style? Maybe the Welkynar?
    Edited by SilverIce58 on April 18, 2018 2:36PM
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Options
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I read the datamine right, the full book is also in the crates. If this is so, you can just buy it for gems, no?
    Options
  • LittlePumpkin030
    LittlePumpkin030
    ✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    If I read the datamine right, the full book is also in the crates. If this is so, you can just buy it for gems, no?

Cannot test it on PTS as crates are not there. just realized it through the "free" crate. But also this doesn't make the fact any better, does it?

Options
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why "it's just cosmetic" is a TERRIBLE TERRIBLE excuse. When people keep parroting that it basically tells ZOS that they have carte blanche to *** people over to ever increasing degrees, since after all, it's "just cosmetic".

But it's not just cosmetic, now that outfits are a thing. People spend time and money perfecting their character's looks and appearances. True, cosmetics don't increase your stats or make you better at the game, but having a nice looking character makes you enjoy the game more, which is the true goal of every game - to let the player have fun.

Look how the motif grind has been steadily increasing over time - first it was complete books (racial styles), then rare complete books (Imperial, Daedric etc.), then rare pages (Dwemer was the first to do this), then rare page fragments (Glass), then rare pages in boxes (Worm Cult). Given that ZOS released two completely Crown exclusive motifs - Stalhrim and Grim Harlequin - and that the player base just rolled over and took it, it's sent the message that ZOS is free to push this lootbox rubbish even further. Now you pay real money and don't even get the full motif, you get the CHANCE of a FRAGMENT of the motif. And given how ZOS will never ever release lootbox odds, you can't even make an informed wager like you would at any other casino in real life.

How is this even acceptable any more? Doesn't ZOS make enough money though the preorders and deluxe editions and the collector's editions and crown store and subscriptions and etc.? The word "microtransaction" suggests that the amount you pay should be smaller than what you originally spent to get the game hence "micro", but now with 100 dollar houses and other crap in the crown store, and now this, there really is no defense anymore.

As a crafter and a motif collector, and most importantly as a PLAYER of the game I would want more opportunities to earn and work towards content in game. I do not want my subscription money going towards something that is going to be locked off, something that I have to pay MORE MONEY to get in the end. These Crown motifs should be available in game. Stop locking off content behind a paywall when it has absolutely no reason to be there in the first place.

HOLY ****! You nailed it, perfection! Nothing about $50-100 is micro. Well said, I wish I could give you gold.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
    Options
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Cannot test it on PTS as crates are not there. just realized it through the "free" crate. But also this doesn't make the fact any better, does it?

That entirely depends in if you can gift crown crate items. Would you rather have a purple lipstick, or send a staff motif to a friend?

If no gifting, its just no worse off imho. Unless they remove the ENTIRE BOOK, at which point yeah, slimey.
    Options
  • LittlePumpkin030
    LittlePumpkin030
    ✭✭✭

That entirely depends in if you can gift crown crate items. Would you rather have a purple lipstick, or send a staff motif to a friend?

If no gifting, its just no worse off imho. Unless they remove the ENTIRE BOOK, at which point yeah, slimey.

no I think it does not depend if... Even if I technically BUY the book with gems, means I HAVE TO BUY Crown Crates as this is the only way to get gems.

Options
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

no I think it does not depend if... Even if I technically BUY the book with gems, means I HAVE TO BUY Crown Crates as this is the only way to get gems.

True. I don't think I've bought a single crate since the wild hunt, and even then only the four pack. I have 90 gems and have purchased plenty of low tier cosmetics (woo, Rothmeth hair!) thanks to getting tons of free crates. But then I suppose it is a bummer that it is inside the crates exclusively, if this is so.

I just don't think I'll lose sleep over it.
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everyone check your email inboxes. Sure this stuff is just cosmetic to some, but it's also where ZOS has decided to make their profits. Customers who care about this stuff are just as important to them as those who sub or buy DLC and Chapters. ZOS wants to keep both players as customers, and they just emailed out customer surveys.
    Edited by driosketch on April 18, 2018 3:15PM
    Options
  • LittlePumpkin030
    LittlePumpkin030
    ✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    Everyone check your email inboxes. Sure this stuff is just cosmetic to some, but it's also where ZOS has decided to make their profits. Customers who care about this stuff are just as important to them as those who sub or buy DLC and Chapters. ZOS wants to keep both players as customers, and they just emailed out customer surveys.

I will definitely check this.

Options
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remember when crown store exclusive full motifs were controversial? Now we have crown crate individual chapters. This all reminds me of the story of the frog boiled alive.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remember when crown store exclusive full motifs were controversial? Now we have crown crate individual chapters. This all reminds me of the story of the frog boiled alive.

Crown motifs must not have sold well the first time. One was worst value than the first, and then we went over a year without any more. With their return the following year on a seasonal schedule there was probably a lot more bought.

This is ZOS trying again to push the envelope.
    Options