Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773
We will be performing maintenance on the PTS on Wednesday at 3:00AM EDT (7:00 UTC).

Pyandonean (Maormer) Motif!

• xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    Chapters of a motif in crown crates, that's a new low.

@VaranisArano we got the outfit system...what did you actually expect LOL. Yea I saw this coming a mile away. A new low does not even come CLOSE to describe what this actually is.

Bethesdas E3 is coming out soon...THAT's where I will be waiting to decide if I'm buying summerset or not.

Utterly agree. I called it. The moment how the outfit system was revealed I said it.

Yeah, and on top of it, I noticed they added the new monster style outfit weapon sets in the crown store-- which, kind of meh on the idea, but whatever, not as bad as the ind. page crown motif thing with Moermer.

But what did kind of bug me about them was the "effects" that disappeared from weapons like the black glow with moondancer/alkosh weapons that ZoS said was not intended and they'd look at and hasn't gotten fixed.... well, would you look at that! These new weapon styles you can buy come with those sort of effects! What a coincidence.

I'm sure players will soon be able to buy the sorcerer bound armor glow that is gone from characters now that the ability is not a toggle.

We've already seen the remove little things like levitation from the azura/morrowind momento and then add it into crown crate momentos.
    Edited by xaraan on April 17, 2018 5:46PM
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, this entire debacle is making me reconsider my preorder. I was on the fence about preordering for awhile (normally I just wait and get stuff when it goes on sale). I decided I was going to get Summerset with my paycheck this weekend and actually enjoy it when it first comes out, rather than wait.

I don't want it anymore. ZOS can take their crates with their exceedingly hostile marketing practices and shove it where the sun don't shine.

Crafting is the one thing I REALLY enjoy in this game. I don't do it for profit; I generally make stuff free for people if they have the mats (and even without mats if it's lower tier stuff). I just enjoy finding new motifs and completing my collections of different stuff. To put a motif behind a paywall BEHIND AN RNG GAMBLE SYSTEM is a low I can't deal with. I already disliked crates and have never bought them; only opened my free ones (of which I received ONE thing I wanted so it's not like I was tempted anyway) - the one thing I would want is behind the crate wall and ripped into 14 pieces as well. Maormer skin is probably in the crates (going off zombie skin and fire skin, etc) as well as most of the other datamined stuff from this update. Direct purchase gets less and less (unless it's ZOMG LIMITED TIME ONLY!!!!!!!!!) and what is there is usually pulled and added to crates later.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
    Options
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always been anti motif pages, from any source. They annoy me. Do you remember how hard it was to find an Imperial book, or one of the purple books way back in the day? That was fine. I mean, it sucked at the time, but when you found one it was a totally awesome moment. But now. We get to hope for a piece of a motif. Yay.

I am really not a fan of adding pages to crates, for any reason. Books or get out. People buying crates are doing so with real money. Stop acting like they aren't. Whats next, ya gonna sell PAGES in the crown store too? Again, books or get out.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes it sucks that you have to fight the rng, but over the course of a few seasons of crates it would be possible to collect them. However having a new crate motif every season would be a little nonsensical.

This is probably the second worst thing about it, RNG being the first. Only two seasons of crates have ever made even a limited return, and they did so without their gem store. Once Psijic season ends, the chance to get those missing pages for gems goes with it.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Options
  • Franieck
    Franieck
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they really make it crown crate exclusive that will really be a *** move. With that said, if they made crowns trade-able (like warframe's platinum), at least everybody could simply play the game and work towards getting these RNG rewards (it's still pretty bad, but at least you can acquire it through effort). Also, that would redistribute "wealth" in the community from the whales to people who can't afford . It could be an "alleviation" . Granted, a complete new market would be created and would undoubtedly re-conceive the current economy with just gold. I do believe there is a way to implement this though.
    Options
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, no, go away with Warframe's Platinum. This would basically kill the economy that's not trading Crowns. Keep in Mind din Warframe you can't trade with credits, and you don't really need credits either.
    Options
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    But what did kind of bug me about them was the "effects" that disappeared from weapons like the black glow with moondancer/alkosh weapons that ZoS said was not intended and they'd look at and hasn't gotten fixed.... well, would you look at that! These new weapon styles you can buy come with those sort of effects! What a coincidence.

Actually, check the patch notes under Crafting & Economy > Outfit System:
    "Fixed an issue that caused weapons to fail to display the visual effects for their enchants when part of an outfit."

I don't know that it -is- fixed, as I haven't got any moondancer or alkosh, but they claim it is fixed. Maybe they needed to fix it to make sure their new skins would work, but regardless, this part doesn't seem to be a money grab.

Individual pages in crown crates, though, yeah. I sure hope this is a misunderstanding and not actually the only way to get the motif set.
    Options
  • grizzledcroc
    grizzledcroc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please dont do this ZOS this belongs as a drop in sunhold where its shown off on the enemy npcs. Come on.
    Options
  • CMFan1966
    CMFan1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really enjoy the crown crates, but I must agree....motif pages in the crates rather than the books is pretty lame. I don't have that much money OR that much luck. Plus you can't usually put your crown crate items up for sale in a guild store, so you are stuck either saving it for an alt, gifting it to a friend or guildie if gifting crate items is allowed or trashing it. Seems a waste to me.
    Options
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the Elder Shop Online.

An awesome place to gamble with your money, gift your rewards and trade with others.

How may I help you?
    Options
  • Franieck
    Franieck
    ✭✭✭✭
    Smaxx wrote: »
    Oh, no, go away with Warframe's Platinum. This would basically kill the economy that's not trading Crowns. Keep in Mind din Warframe you can't trade with credits, and you don't really need credits either.

You need credits to upgrade gear, as tax fee for trading and to purchase stuff inside the game. Why does all trading have to be carried out with gold? There are enough gold sinks already. Imagine you could trade motifs or tempers for crowns (and those were the only things you could trade for crowns). You don't need to go overboard with it. Nonetheless, I do think that adding some things to be able to be traded with crowns would add value to the majority of players. The current gold economy isn't anything to be proud of or look up to to begin with. Now, I do admit, my suggestion is far from being fleshed out or viable at its state. But as a concept it could be developed to be implemented in a successful manner.
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donari wrote: »
    xaraan wrote: »

Actually, check the patch notes under Crafting & Economy > Outfit System:
    "Fixed an issue that caused weapons to fail to display the visual effects for their enchants when part of an outfit."

I don't know that it -is- fixed, as I haven't got any moondancer or alkosh, but they claim it is fixed. Maybe they needed to fix it to make sure their new skins would work, but regardless, this part doesn't seem to be a money grab.

Individual pages in crown crates, though, yeah. I sure hope this is a misunderstanding and not actually the only way to get the motif set.

Well, that's one minor thing that annoys me less about crown crap. But I'll check it on PTS, thanks for heads up.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • nouagea
    nouagea
    Soul Shriven
    Froil wrote: »
    Opened the crown crate that's going to be available with Summerset and I got Pyandonean Swords. Ooh this'll be a fun style!

Single chapter drops in horrible RNG crown crates? Oh man, I don't know about this...
    "May the waters of perdition part your resolve."
    Options
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nouagea wrote: »
    Opened the crown crate that's going to be available with Summerset and I got Pyandonean Swords. Ooh this'll be a fun style!

Single chapter drops in horrible RNG crown crates? Oh man, I don't know about this...

And, bonus, getting a page doesn't remove it from the drop table, so not only do you have to get 14 different drops, you also have to hope that you don't get duplicates. But you're just as likely to get the exact same motif chapter 14 times as you to get all the pieces.

But hey, nothing buying a very reasonable couple hundred crates for $1000 USD won't solve, right? /s
    Edited by OrdoHermetica on April 17, 2018 7:21PM
    Options
  • Yinmaigao
    Yinmaigao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And, bonus, getting a page doesn't remove it from the drop table, so not only do you have to get 14 different drops, you also have to hope that you don't get duplicates. But you're just as likely to get the exact same motif chapter 14 times as you to get all the pieces.

But hey, nothing buying a very reasonable couple hundred crates for $1000 USD won't solve, right? /s

Has anyone confirmed that you can get duplicate chapters?

... if so, this is getting more maddening by the minute ::grabs pitchfork::
    Options
  • david19979
    david19979
    ✭✭✭
    I swear each crown crate they are intentionally trying to push the envelope further and further to see when their whales finally snap. You'd think the radiant apex mounts would of been the point where people called BS.

Yup, first there were emotes, now they are putting individual motif pages inside of them. They are getting worse all the time
    Options
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'member when content was included in the expansion you purchased?

Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcaceresw wrote: »
    Smaxx wrote: »
    Anyone who got a page, can you actually get gems from it? If so, that would allow us to determine the most likely tier/cost associated with them.

No, you can't deconstruct for gems. I checked.

That's probably a bug. The existing payouts, including motif books, can be handed over for gems, last I checked.
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yinmaigao wrote: »

Well this is coming from the preorder bonus crate, so we can only get one for now. Who knows what will happen. Someone earlier said you can't exchange it for gems. So unless it doesn't dup (which isn't how crates work for anything else) or it's somehow learned account wide, you're going to end up with characters knowing random pages before you get a complete set for your crafter.
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't think anyone can confirm it, we don't have multiple crates to work with.
    Options
  • Yinmaigao
    Yinmaigao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »

I don't think anyone can confirm it, we don't have multiple crates to work with.

I know someone who can...

@zos
    Options
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭

However, every other item in the Crown Store can drop duplicates, so this would literally be the only exception to that rule. I sincerely doubt they'll make it the solitary exception.
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

However, every other item in the Crown Store can drop duplicates, so this would literally be the only exception to that rule. I sincerely doubt they'll make it the solitary exception.
    At the very least they should make it convert into the full gem value, allowing us to buy a different page instead. It would effectively eliminate the problem of getting a duplicate.
    Options
  • Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a thought here. We should be thankful that ZoS at least put this on the PTS. It could be because they are trying to gauge the player feedback on it. Unlike the BS they pulled with the ludicrous outfit slot pricing.
    Options
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

At the very least they should make it convert into the full gem value, allowing us to buy a different page instead. It would effectively eliminate the problem of getting a duplicate.

It would elevate that issue, however the underlying issue remains. THEY ARE PUTTING MOTIF PAGES IN THE CROWN $TORE INSIDE CROWN CRATES!!
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
    Options
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wayshuba wrote: »
    Just a thought here. We should be thankful that ZoS at least put this on the PTS. It could be because they are trying to gauge the player feedback on it. Unlike the BS they pulled with the ludicrous outfit slot pricing.

When has PTS feedback ever influenced live launch? Other than bug feedback I mean. (Look at outfit slots, they were initially 350 on PTS and people gave a lot of feedback saying no thanks and ZOS said "oh, you mean you want to pay more? OKAY!")
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
    Options
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gauging player feedback about the crown store/crates? That would be a first :D I'll eat my glasses if they listen to our feedback regarding how utterly wrong this move is.
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well if that's what the want, I did mention this specifically in the customer survey they just emailed me.

Fingers crossed and hope I guess, but not holding my breath.
    Options
  • DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont see any problem with this. Will make the motif just more exclusive and as a company you need to make money.

Looking forward to this :)
    Options
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion, this move makes crown crates less appealing, not more appealing.

The only way having individual pages drop would be a positive change in crown crates is if they were of WHITE quality, and had a chance to drop in place of an otherwise useless consumable that everyone converts to gems. Making a white quality drop that people actually wanted and would be pleased to get would be an awesome change.

This change, not awesome.

Since there is no way I am going to spend and spend until I get enough random drops to finish the book, going to live in this state would pretty much make me stop caring about filling motif books - and that is a pretty big part of my gameplay.
    Options