The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

PTS Patch Notes v4.0.0

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile, in Cyrodiil...
    Campaign Scoring
    • Emperors associated with closed Campaigns will now find they are Former Emperors.
    You snuck that one in there without much fanfare ;)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BASE GAME

Battlegrounds Moving to Base Game
    Battlegrounds are now available to all ESO players! We’ve also implemented several improvements for Battlegrounds to go along with this change.
    • Battleground match making now adds an additional multiplier to the value of players who are grouped. This value scales differently between 2, 3, and 4 player groups.
      • This change is intended to improve the quality of matches between players. Pre-formed groups will generally be pitted against pre-formed groups, and solo players will generally be pitted against other solo players.
    • Decreased the rate at which the system expands the range of players to be evaluated for a potential match.
      • These changes were done in an effort to make Battleground matches more competitive.  With these adjustments, there may be longer queue times to produce better competition in Battlegrounds, but we will be monitoring their impact and adjusting if necessary.
    • The Activity Finder now includes a Daily reward for completing Random Battlegrounds, as well as bonus XP. You must come in 1st or 2nd place to earn these rewards. Further queuing for the Random Battleground will give bonus XP if you come in 1st or 2nd.
    • You can now choose to queue for specific game types, similar to choosing specific Dungeons in the Dungeon Finder. No bonus rewards are granted for using this queue method, but you are guaranteed to get a game of your choosing when picking Deathmatch, Flag Games or Land Grab games. You can also choose to queue for more than one game type.

Morrowind and the Warden Available in the Crown Store
    The zone of Vvardenfell and its associated story content are now available in the in-game Crown Store for crowns and is also accessible with an active ESO Plus membership. The Warden class is available for purchase separately in the Crown Store. Note if you already own Morrowind, this will not affect you or how you access the content or class.

New Motifs
    There are four new Motifs coming for crafters with Update 18: Psijic, Sapiarch, Fang Lair and Scalecaller.
    • The Psijic Motif chapters (or very rarely, the full book) will come from adventuring around Summerset.
      • Activities that may reward a Psijic Motif chapter are, in order of most to least likely:
        • Completing Abyssal Geysers
        • Killing World Bosses
        • Completing Abyssal Pools
        • Treasure Chests (with higher-difficulty locks being more likely, and easier locks being less likely)
        • Killing Delve bosses
        • Killing monsters
      • The chance to obtain a Psijic Motif chapter or book from these sources increases with your rank in the Psijic Order skill line, with Rank 10 giving you a ten times increase over those not versed in the ways of the Psijic Order.
      • The Style Item for the Psijic Motif, Vitrified Malondo, drops from the same sources as above, more commonly than do the Chapters.
    • The Sapiarch Motif chapters (or very rarely, the full book) come from completing Daily Quests for the Divine Prosecution in Alinor.
      • The Style Item for Sapiarch Motifs, Culanda Lacquer, come from those same daily quests, but much more commonly than the Chapters.
      [*]The Fang Lair and Scalecaller Motif chapters and Style Items will begin dropping from their respective dungeons shortly after the launch of Summerset.
      • The Fang Lair motif chapters drop from the final boss in Fang Lair; rarely on Normal, more often on Veteran, and guaranteed on Veteran Hard Mode. The Style Item, Dragon Bone, drops from all bosses in the dungeon; more often on Veteran than on Normal, always from the final boss, and more from the final boss on Veteran Hard mode.
      • The Scalecaller motif chapters drop from the final boss in Scalecaller Peak; rarely on Normal, more often on Veteran, and guaranteed on Veteran Hard Mode. The Style Item, Infected Flesh, drops from all bosses in the dungeon; more often on Veteran than on Normal, always from the final boss, and more from the final boss on Veteran Hard mode.

New Achievements
    We've added a new series of achievements and a new meta-achievement.
    • "Fledgling Style Master", "Budding Style Master", and "True Style Master" require 10, 25, and 50 Motifs fully learned, respectively. Completing the True Style Master achievement will earn you the title, "Style Master".
    • Completing the "Grand Master Crafter" meta-achievement requires mastery of all tradeskills, including Jewelry Crafting, and will grant you the long-sought-after title, "Grand Master Crafter" as well as a new Outfit Style for one-handed weapons, the Skyforge Smith Hammer.

New Alliance War and Battleground Collectibles
    This update brings a number of new Collectibles for PvP players to obtain from Cyrodiil and Battlegrounds:
    • The Arena Gladiator Helm, a Hat collectible, can be earned by acquiring 20 Arena Gladiator Proofs from the new Conquest Board dailies in Cyrodiil, and then consuming an Arena Gladiator's Recognition, available for purchase from the War Researchers in Cyrodiil base camps. This creates a Runebox of the Arena Gladiator Helm, which you may use, sell, or trade.
    • Outfit Style Pages of Fanged Worm and Horned Dragon equipment can be occasionally obtained from Battlemaster Rivyn's Reward Boxes, which are obtained by completing your first Battleground LFG in a day on that character. These Style Pages are account bound, and will not drop if you already have that item in your inventory or that outfit style unlocked.

New Alchemy Reagents
    In your travels along the shores of Summerset you may run across giant clams. These clams, when looted, may yield up to two of the following:
    • Two new alchemy reagents: Powdered Mother of Pearl and Clam Gall
      • Clam Gall is an offensively oriented reagent, while Powdered Mother of Pearl is more defensively oriented, granting new combinations of survival effects
    • Fish meat, for provisioning
    • Bait, including fish roe, guts, and worms
    • Grease solvents for alchemical poisons
    • Or, very rarely, clam-themed furnishings for your home

Crown Store Gifting
    Beginning with Update 18, many Crown Store products (with the exception of Houses and Instant Unlocks such as Vampire bites) will be available to gift to other players!
    • When a gift is received, the recipient is notified via the notifications system, and receives a link to take them directly to their gift inventory where they can open the gift.
    • When a gift is sent, the sending player retains a receipt of the transaction within their “Sent Gifts” section of the gift box.
      • The Gift Inventory for sent gifts is categorized into Unclaimed and Claimed gifts.
      • The Gift Inventory is found within the Crown Store UI.
    • All gifts have a 14 day expiration timer, at which point the gift is returned to the gifting player.
      • Returned gifts live within the “Returns” section of the Gift Inventory.
      • Returned gifts cannot be claimed by the player who purchased the gift originally, but can be gifted to another player.

Champion Point Increase
    The Champion Point cap has been raised by a total of 30 points (10 in each red/blue/green constellation) for a total of 750 Champion Points. The Champion Point experience curve has been automatically adjusted with this new cap, so that earlier Champion Points require less experience and can be earned faster.

So these don’t drop with the Expansion?
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    Werewolf still in the dumpster.

May be not with Light/Heavy attack scaling!

Great. Spend 300 ultimate so my light attacks can critical for 25k instead of 18k while simultaneously lowering my DPS. On the flip side I get a heal that has half of the tooltip of vigor.
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding Cyrodiil changes..

-If your character dies, you will not be cleared from a credit list, but logging out of the game will.

This is not fair. Many players get disconnected constantly in battles due to the server lag. This is not players' fault! WTF is this change? Allow at least 10 min to be able to connect to the game again (since most of the time it's not possible to connect immediately) and don't remove disconnected players from the credit list for this 10 min time.

This was the first thing that came to my mind when i read it.

@ZOS_GinaBruno I have a nice suggestion, keep the player on the list as long as his character still is "inside" cyro, in the way he will be there when logging back, this will enable people that crashed or dc'd from lag to have a few mins to come back and get their ticks.
  • Ladislao
    Ladislao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Will there be any changes related to Silver Lash? As testers said, it should pull targets to you (Like Chains do) in Summerset patch.
    Everything is viable
  • Wihuri
    Wihuri
    ✭✭✭
    N A T C H

P O T E S
  • Millz
    Millz
    ✭✭✭
    that new crafted set.... i already see problems with it, 4000 health every 2 seconds you dodge an attack? weow
    Brenhji
    PC NA - 400 cp
    (Retired) XBOX NA - 1006 cp

---Say no to standardization---
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of these new sets look like they have the potential to be pretty overpowered.

"5 – Damaging an enemy has a 10% chance to put a Leeching Shadow on them, dealing 853 Oblivion Damage every 1 second for 6 seconds. This effect can occur every 6 seconds."

Isn't this now the BIS DOT proc set in the game as far as PVP is concerned? Viper only does 1.6k a tick before Battle Spirit, is affected by resists, and doesn't go through wards. Sheer Venom does 1.4k a tick before Battle Spirit, Unfathomable Darkness does the equivalent of 1.3k a second before Battle Spirit, etc. This set seems out of line in comparison.

I'm glad someone else spotted this too.

That said, Viper is guaranteed proc on damage. This is 10%. But once you stack 3 dots and start LA+Skill weaving...it won't matter . You'll have 90% uptime easy.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Millz wrote: »
    that new crafted set.... i already see problems with it, 4000 health every 2 seconds you dodge an attack? weow

Use 3 swift jewellry, be an orc, use minor expedition, use 7 medium armor pieces, now take the chaos ball, Dodge with your bow, and dodge again and again arround the battleground map with the chaos ball.

• Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just can't get over that Adept Rider set...I know there are a lot of pointless sets in the game, but this one just seems like someone really put in the work to make it absolutely ridiculous. Well done.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »

Use 3 swift jewellry, be an orc, use minor expedition, use 7 medium armor pieces, now take the chaos ball, Dodge with your bow, and dodge again and again arround the battleground map with the chaos ball.

This would put you way over the 200% cap. The jewelry traits won’t/aren’t needed
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And magblades, always one of the underdogs in pvp, are getting their spammable nerfed into uselessness (go force pulse now) and don't get snare removal even though they sorely need it!

word

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm mildly disappointed, mainly because I hyped myself about this "big balance changing patch". Maybe next week...
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    Werewolf still in the dumpster.

The changes to light/heavy attacks scaling more off of max magicka/stamina is a buff to WWs who get a 30% bonus to max stam while in wolf form, this is a pretty good patch for them IMO

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • BlackStar300
    BlackStar300
    ✭✭
    So it looks like Maelstrom/Asylum/Master weapons aren't getting a buff. This is nice. I understand the frustration of those wanting these to be godly, but when 1% of this stuff is locked (even paid because some ppl don't have money for the carries) it really makes it nice to others able to use other means.

Least that is what I read from that bit about the weapons. We will see if ZOS caves in and buffs...them... -_-

Also, amen to that CP300 DLC dungeon cap. That SS info was great, but these are my 2 take away points from the whole notes!
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    with staff now being 2 set peices .im thinking resto could potentially be better than sword and board on a magplar back bar ?
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why, why is magdk getting snare removal?!

Magdk a very strong pvp class gets several powerful buffs and now is the only magicka class to have acess to snare removal! What happened to the "protect your house approach to dk"?

And magblades, always one of the underdogs in pvp, are getting their spammable nerfed into uselessness (go force pulse now) and don't get snare removal even though they sorely need it!

Tell me which magicka class does not need Snare removal?
    EU | PC | AD
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't play magblade, but increasing the cost of Strife seems odd. Strife is a skill that makes magblade unique. Making it cost more to be "more in line" with Force Pulse is making it a less attractive option, owing to the fact that weaving it is, by all accounts, relatively hard. This will encourage more players to choose Force Pulse over Strife, thus taking a very un-needed step away from class diversity.

Having Strife be a cheap ranged spammable is good, changing this seems to be mostly unwanted and bad.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    Destruent wrote: »
    Strife: Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs to 2700 Magicka from 1891 Magicka.

hello force pulse my old friend

tbh i'm really waiting for the nerfs to whip, so every magicka-build can use force pulse for best results. I guess ZOS will then call it diversity or balance or whatever...

You can try and be witty about it but the reality is it has nothing to do with dps. Strife for its cost was under budgeted. Pulse and strife are both 28 meter ranged casts, one deals more damage, unreflectable benefits from the destro penetration passive, and the other hits for less, heals, and benefits from all the siphoning passives.

Your snide remark for whip getting nerfed is baseless.

Is it really baseless? strife and whip where the only 2 class spammables which were competitive in terms of pve-dps, now it's only whip...think about that.
    Noobplar
  • sebbe_orggb16_ESO
    Added additional geometry to assets to improve the game’s visual appearance.
    Improved the level of detail on some models to help with the overall visual quality and performance

Care to elaborate?
  • venomsky
    venomsky
    ✭✭✭
    how about giving stamdk burst healing skill?why magicadk got so many healing skills? change GB to stamina cost.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that assumes the 4k health will stay 4k health in pvp. and also assumes that health can crit.

My assumption, it will only be a 2k heal in PVP but crit. And with critial dmg modifiers not impacting heals anymore, I see the 2 second cooldown about right for balance (along with the dodge roll cost increase mechanic).
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't play magblade, but increasing the cost of Strife seems odd. Strife is a skill that makes magblade unique. Making it cost more to be "more in line" with Force Pulse is making it a less attractive option, owing to the fact that weaving it is, by all accounts, relatively hard. This will encourage more players to choose Force Pulse over Strife, thus taking a very un-needed step away from class diversity.

Having Strife be a cheap ranged spammable is good, changing this seems to be mostly unwanted and bad.

This. Strife was already nerfed. Now they nerf even more. It's a horrible change that will kill the nb's diversity.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks overall very promising. Will test out on the PTS now with a New Toon created and, seeing that on Live, Im currently cp701, will probl try also a max lvl toon out. Also, love that the Game gets more to collect :) Lets test :)
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    This in PvP..

If your character dies, you will not be cleared from a credit list, but logging out of the game will..

Crashing, which happens in large keep fights, will potentially be more hair pulling more aggravation
    I hope this is only if someone clicks the log off button or is timed out.

Other than that I'm looking forward to it a lot.
    Edited by Goshua on April 16, 2018 7:38PM
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why, why is magdk getting snare removal?!

Magdk a very strong pvp class gets several powerful buffs and now is the only magicka class to have acess to snare removal! What happened to the "protect your house approach to dk"?

Maybe because the "protect your house" design was intended for Templars? Not that it's a good design, but at least get your facts straight.

Also qq poor nb
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • AmericanSpy
    AmericanSpy
    ✭✭✭
    Performance
    Increased the amount of CPU cores used by the client, which will improve the overall framerate for players on mid- to high-end CPUs. This will be most notable in PvP or graphically intense scenarios.

Can we get some more clarification on this improvement? How MANY cores exactly? This could be valuable information for anyone looking to enter the game potentially, or looking to upgrade a current system.

Are these improvements handling proper core/thread assignment?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • JHartEllis
    JHartEllis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

There's nothing in the patch notes about new furnishing plans other than that jewelry plans now exist. Are there new Summerset-themed plans for other crafts as well?
    Guild leader of Spicy Economics and Spicy Life on PC/NA
    ESO Stream Team Partner on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/jhartellis
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/JHartEllis
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/JHartEllis
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Btw. is someone else also missing the note for NBs critdmg-increase not effecting their crithealing? or do NBs now have the highest crithealing ingame?
    Is this intended @ZOS_GinaBruno ?
    Noobplar
  • Pendrillion
    Pendrillion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Download speed is a bit abysmal... Just saying that I am way better able than 500 kbit/s-1 mbit/s