The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v4.0.0

• Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sky_WK wrote: »
    Sunderflame completely removes the viability of a stamina templar in raids.

Nah, most raids will take one skill>5 piece set

Only if a stamplar does more DPS than a stamblade with this set.
    Noobplar
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surak73 wrote: »
    Nocturnal’s Favor
    2 – 129 Max Stamina
    3 – 1206 Max Health
    4 – 1206 Max Health
    5 – Whenever you successfully Dodge, heal yourself for 4000. This effect can occur every 2 seconds.

Is this a joke, isn't it? Don't we have enough players running around rocks and trees dodging everything?...
    Yep this seems a bit OP... Imagine this set + Eternal Hunt... It all depends if it will count roll-dodges as well (dodge from Evasion buff is different thing a "passive" chance). - But anyway healing is cut in half in Cyrodiil & proc sets cant crit so it will be like 2K
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on April 16, 2018 8:32PM
  • Sky_WK
    Sky_WK
    ✭✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »

Yea, depends on how good your Stamblades and Stamplars are.
    Surak73 wrote: »
    Nocturnal’s Favor
    2 – 129 Max Stamina
    3 – 1206 Max Health
    4 – 1206 Max Health
    5 – Whenever you successfully Dodge, heal yourself for 4000. This effect can occur every 2 seconds.

Is this a joke, isn't it? Don't we have enough players running around rocks and trees dodging everything?...
    Yep this seems a bit OP... Imagine this set + Eternal Hunt... It all depends if it will count roll-dodges as well (dodge from Evasion buff is different thing a "passive" chance). - But anyway healing is cut in half in Cyrodiil & proc sets cant crit so it will be like 2K

They're going to need it tbh, since vigor->cloak only crits the first tick now.
    i do not read replies. still playing stamdk for some reason.
  • tthhyyss
    tthhyyss
    ✭✭✭
    So bound arnaments does not give the % more max stamina anymore?
  • Animus-ESO
    Animus-ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tthhyyss wrote: »
    So bound arnaments does not give the % more max stamina anymore?

It does
    Dude Where's My Guar?
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still looking over the notes. As always, some good, some "What the hell are they thinking?" in there.

Then I came across this, buried amongst the changes, perhaps the single most gloriously wonderful piece of minutia in the notes:
    • Attacking or killing a critter no longer takes you into combat.

Praise be to ZOS!!!!!!!!!
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yea, depends on how good your Stamblades and Stamplars are.

Nope, it solely depends on class balance between stamblade and stamplar. Bc if the stamplar in your group pulls more DPS than the NB, he would obviously pull even more when playing nightblade. And on top of that you can kick the bad nightblade and replace with a better one.

Noobplar
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would like to see the new Wings morph give immunity to snares for it's duration as well, but other than that, pretty good stuff.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    Strife: Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs to 2700 Magicka from 1891 Magicka.

hello force pulse my old friend

tbh i'm really waiting for the nerfs to whip, so every magicka-build can use force pulse for best results. I guess ZOS will then call it diversity or balance or whatever...

You can try and be witty about it but the reality is it has nothing to do with dps. Strife for its cost was under budgeted. Pulse and strife are both 28 meter ranged casts, one deals more damage, unreflectable benefits from the destro penetration passive, and the other hits for less, heals, and benefits from all the siphoning passives.

Your snide remark for whip getting nerfed is baseless.

Is it really baseless? strife and whip where the only 2 class spammables which were competitive in terms of pve-dps, now it's only whip...think about that.

Force pulse was always the better option for the best possible dps output over strife for magblades. Whip is a melee ability and thus is not weighted under the same scale as a 28 meter ranged instant cast magicka ability. Them being class skills is entirely irrelevant since class abilities are not weighted any differently than universally available skills are.

Do you want the advatange of more damage of the base skill on top of added damage for slotting pulse (on fire destro) or do you want a weaker hitting alternative thst nets you ultimate bonus generation, increased overall healing just for slotting it, and the heal for yourself and potentially others? Take you pick, there is nothing to "think about"....

This nerf hits NB healers harder than anyone else, and as someone who regularly heals vet trials, the increased resource tax is still quite manageable, where as before, resource management was VERY generous.
    Edited by exeeter702 on April 16, 2018 8:47PM
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    umagon wrote: »
    For the fighter’s guild skill silver leash morph will this be changed to pull targets to you or was that plan changed? And thanks for the tankblade buffs.

Im curious on this too

I just checked it's changed. It pulls the target to you and slows them by 40% for 6sec. Costs my char 3510 stam to use.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Wrobel be like "I heard you all hate passive dodge... here's 5 new sets that grant passive dodge"
  • SupremeRissole
    SupremeRissole
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »
    Larsay wrote: »
    I fail to understand the changes to Sunderflame and Nightmothers Gaze. I do understand that from a balance standpoint the move away from unique buffs/de-buffs to a standardized system makes developer life easy...

However, these two sets added a layer of diversity and required optimization for trial groups. Simply put these two sets required a level of team cooperation you just remove with one fell swoop.

Further more, these two sets were really there to balance out the fact that medium armor gets no innate penetration like light armor gets.

All you did with this change is not force all stamina users in trials to want to run Two-Fang Snake, at least until you (ZoS) opt to remove its unique penetration buff as well.

But medium armor gets way more Wpn Damage and more Crit.

By having one debuffer in the raid, apart from the tank, it allowed the other Stam DDs to hit the boss with full penetration despite wearing two damage sets. Thus putting stam DDs' DPS numbers far above what mag DDs could achieve.

Either having to sacrifice one damage set or having to hit with less penetration, the result is the same. Stam DPS will drop and fall more in line with Mag DPS.

Stam is supposed to hit harder, thats the whole point. They sacrifice range for damage, solo dps and mag are pretty well balanced already with stamblade being an exception.
    If stam hit the same as mag in raid there will not be any benefit to having stam in there, which is a bit of a shock coming from a pretty well balanced 4/4 ratio meta.
    Edited by SupremeRissole on April 16, 2018 8:43PM
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭
    spiiros wrote: »
    "Path of Darkness: Reduced the damage and healing done by this ability and Refreshing Path morph by approximately 5%, and reduced the damage done by the Twisting Path morph by approximately 9%."

Why

My NB healer cries.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completing the "Grand Master Crafter" meta-achievement requires mastery of all tradeskills, including Jewelry Crafting, and will grant you the long-sought-after title, "Grand Master Crafter" as well as a new Outfit Style for one-handed weapons, the Skyforge Smith Hammer.

yyyyyyeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    Edited by method__01 on April 16, 2018 8:44PM
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Darrett
    Darrett
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t played in about 3.5 years, just jumping back in. Is the intention generally to keep going down the path of a strong line between Magicka and Stamina builds, rather than allowing for viable hybrid setups? Compared to release, there definitely is less room for hybrid utility now, and these notes seem to read like that’s the intention in how they’re worded and the changes made.

As an example, my initial build coming up to the VR grind was Magicka based but provided good weapon damage and had several usable 2H skills in the bar. Utilizing both pools made it pretty effective, and it worked fine as a split-spec. Doesn’t seem like that’s viable anymore, and these notes seem to indicate that’s by design (too many varied builds leads to balance issues I suppose).
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Strife: Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs to 2700 Magicka from 1891 Magicka.

tbh i'm really waiting for the nerfs to whip, so every magicka-build can use force pulse for best results. I guess ZOS will then call it diversity or balance or whatever...

You can try and be witty about it but the reality is it has nothing to do with dps. Strife for its cost was under budgeted. Pulse and strife are both 28 meter ranged casts, one deals more damage, unreflectable benefits from the destro penetration passive, and the other hits for less, heals, and benefits from all the siphoning passives.

Is it really baseless? strife and whip where the only 2 class spammables which were competitive in terms of pve-dps, now it's only whip...think about that.

Force pulse was always the better option for the best possible dps output over strife for magblades. Whip is a melee ability and thus is not weighted under the same scale as a 28 meter ranged instant cast magicka ability. Them being class skills is entirely irrelevant since class abilities are not weighted any differently than universally available skills are.

Do you want the advatange of more damage of the base skill on top of added damage for slotting pulse (on fire destro) or do you want a weaker hitting alternative thst nets you ultimate bonus generation, increased overall healing just for slotting it, and the heal for yourself and potentially others? Take you pick, there is nothing to "think about"....

Tell that to magplars who want to use sweeps or dark flare. Both of them are worse than forcepulse and will be even worse in next patch. And both of them have disadvantages when used compared to forcepulse: both channeled (hinders movement, no blockcasting) and sweeps is meelee.
    Noobplar
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    Werewolf still in the dumpster.

May be not with Light/Heavy attack scaling!

Great. Spend 300 ultimate so my light attacks can critical for 25k instead of 18k while simultaneously lowering my DPS. On the flip side I get a heal that has half of the tooltip of vigor.

WW light attacks are very powerful and imagine spamming them on 5k WD and 50k Stam.
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on April 16, 2018 8:52PM
  • Rmmichael95
    Rmmichael95
    ✭✭
    I see the "Breath of Life" heal NBs got does not hit the NB. That's not a breath of life heal, that is worse than the skill was before. Killing crit heals kills sorc healing (already had to double bar pet, now the heal will be worthless). Never gonna see a non temp healer again.
    Edited by Rmmichael95 on April 16, 2018 11:44PM
    Masters of the Imperial Harem

CP 660+

50 Magicka Dunmer Dragon Knight
    50 Magicka Altmer Sorceror
    50 Magicka Breton Templar
    50 Magicka Altmer Templar
    50 Stamina Orc Dragon Knight
    50 Stamina Khajiit Night Blade
    50 Stamina Redguard Sorceror
    50 Argonian Sap Tank - retired
    50 Templar Hybrid Redguard Werewolf
    50 Magicka Altmer Proxy Night Blade
    50 Argonian Balzing Shield
    50 Stamina Bosmer Bow
    50 Warden Argonian Tank Heals
    50 Warden Hybrid Orc Werewolf
  • Hg_9_5b16_ESO
    Hg_9_5b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    A lot of these new sets look like they have the potential to be pretty overpowered.

"5 – Damaging an enemy has a 10% chance to put a Leeching Shadow on them, dealing 853 Oblivion Damage every 1 second for 6 seconds. This effect can occur every 6 seconds."

Isn't this now the BIS DOT proc set in the game as far as PVP is concerned? Viper only does 1.6k a tick before Battle Spirit, is affected by resists, and doesn't go through wards. Sheer Venom does 1.4k a tick before Battle Spirit, Unfathomable Darkness does the equivalent of 1.3k a second before Battle Spirit, etc. This set seems out of line in comparison.

Keep in mind that viper has a 100% proc chance...while this set only has a 10% chance. So yes the proc is stronger, but wont occur as often:) Guessing it will be tested on PTS to see how it works out.
    PC EU - PvP Player
    Tactia Fatum - StamBlade
    Keeper of Chalman Farm - StamSorc
    Silent Sorc - MagSorc
    Dominion Tank - MagTemp

YT: /watch?v=1R4YLsJO6iE
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can now obtain Jewelry Crafting Stations from Faustina Curio, the Achievement Mediator.
    • A normal Jewelry Crafting station costs 125 Vouchers and requires the "Jewelry Crafter" achievement.
    • An Attunable Jewelry Crafting Station costs 250 Vouchers, and requires the "Jewelry Crafter" achievement. Attunable Stations can be used at any Set Crafting location in the world to attain that location's special set properties.
    • Reminder: You must own ESO: Summerset in order to use a Jewelry Crafting station.

Hold on; we were previously told we didn't need Summerset to buy these (and potentially sell them) only to use them. Having a Summerset-specific-skill requirement seems to contradict that.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hopefully the server & client performance improvements will help.
    There is a need to test cyrodiil's grand battles on PTS with many players, 2-3 players won't be enough to get real results.

Finally there is no need to sit like noobs waiting for the AP ticks to happen, it was really silly.
    I'm glad you changed it! :)

Overall, I see a lot of buffs to all classes and only a few nerfs.
    Magicka DK received the highest buff while Warden received a few nerfs and some buff.
    There is no justification for some of the buffs :/
    I hope there will be much more class balancing with PTS incremental patches, since mag dk should not be OP and warden should receive additional nerfs(especially nerfs affecting stamina wardens).
    Other classes require additional balancing too.
    Some additional item sets require balancing too, like the OP Zaan and Shield breaker.

I don't like the change to empower, really unnecessary.

The change to make 2 handed weapons to be counted as 2 items for the set bonus is awesome <3
    Edited by Universe on April 16, 2018 9:18PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Tell that to magplars who want to use sweeps or dark flare. Both of them are worse than forcepulse and will be even worse in next patch. And both of them have disadvantages when used compared to forcepulse: both channeled (hinders movement, no blockcasting) and sweeps is meelee.

But thats on you for lumping 2 separate issues into one. Strife being nerfed has nothing to do with reducing diversity or homogenizing magicka dps builds. It was entriely about strife for its budget was rather generous and has been put in line with skills that are anagolous to it.

Melee magicka spammables, channels and hard casts underperforming is an entirely seperate discussion.
    Edited by exeeter702 on April 16, 2018 9:11PM
  • AmericanSpy
    AmericanSpy
    ✭✭✭
    Werewolf still in the dumpster.

May be not with Light/Heavy attack scaling!

Great. Spend 300 ultimate so my light attacks can critical for 25k instead of 18k while simultaneously lowering my DPS. On the flip side I get a heal that has half of the tooltip of vigor.

WW light attacks are very powerful and imagine spamming them on 5k WD and 50k Stam.

The point isnt that WW suffered from a weak LA. But increasing the LA and saying "be happy it's a buff" completely disregards the classes actual shortcomings.

There are 5 abilities, and 50% of those abilities morphs are useless(or rarely used). The class has no depth. With all of the tweaks to other classes "less used skills" it's just insulting WW still exists with the vast majority of the player base only ever using 1 morph of a given skill.

How to play a WW:
    Hircins Rage, Rousing Roar, claws(morph depending on utility), Howl of Agony, LA, HoA, LA ... (Incert pounce as needed for time) ... rinse and repeat.

They have an ability with a synergy! WW can't even use them! Like WTF, a lot of WW players play in a pack and you STILL can't use this skill.

And to top the cake, WW still cannot use some weapon and armor passives. This is unique to WW. This is why people voice frustration over the class. It is severely limited even on niche standards. This is why people keep expecting a true rework.
    Edited by AmericanSpy on April 16, 2018 9:16PM
  • Thrudra_Magia
    Thrudra_Magia
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

For the most part, I really like all the changes with the exception of the following:
    • Renamed the “Facial Accessories” category to “Major Adornments”, and the “Jewelry” category to “Minor Adornments” to better reflect the variety of options found in these categories.

The renaming makes absolutely no sense to your customer base. There is nothing intuitive in calling a facial adornment 'major'. Differentiating between 'major' and 'minor' adds no descriptive value, especially when going through a long list of Collections.
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But thats on you for lumping 2 separate issues into one. Strife being nerfed has nothing to do with reducing diversity or homogenizing magicka dps builds. It was entriely about strife for its budget was rather generous and has been put in line with skills that are anagolous to it.

Melee magicka spammables, channels and hard casts underperforming is an entirely seperate discussion.

lol...magblades will switch from strife to forcepulse...and this dosn't reduce diversity? Really?
    Noobplar
  • Bladefyr
    Bladefyr
    ✭✭✭
    There does not appear to be any mention of implementing the fix to damage scaling for magplars - Puncturing Sweeps and Radiant Oppression - that were supposed to be put in last patch that either weren't or are not functioning.

Will this be fixed in Summerset or is magplar dps going languish in mediocrity forever?

And rough estimates seem to indicate the 9% increase to Burning Light damage will account for a < 1% increase for Burning Light over the course of a boss fight. So that makes this almost negligible.
    Bladefyr - Shadowed Legion
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great job on patch. Looks promising.

The warden is still a *** disgrace of game design though.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    beetleklee wrote: »
    waitwhat wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Does the development team plan on adjusting racial passives with Summerset? Light and heavy attacks scaling with stamina removes any possible advantage Khajiit would have as higher damage/lower sustain DPS vis-a-vis Redguard's theoretical lower damage/higher sustain passive configuration.

I feel like khajiit are being coded out of the game, and there's no place for us anymore.

Yeah the health recovery passive on Khajiit needs to be changed to something more useful for DPS. Health recovery is useless.
    Khajiit needs to pull higher DPS to balance out Redguard's better sustain, that way if you can sustain a rotation on a Khajiit, it will be worth it. Right now Redguard pulls higher DPS with better sustain and more stamina...it's simply the safer and smarter choice.

Redguard has been the best choice for a long time now for Stam builds, both in PVE and PVP. The other stam races need changes, not just Khajiit.

I will change my dear Ra'ra-rasputin the Khajiit StamDK to a Redguard over my dead body, lol.

Hopefully they'll get adjusted soon. Redguard has reigned as #1 for too long. And not by a tiny bit, by a lot.

They changed last time Health Recovery to 6% Stam increase and there was soo much QQ on forum and resulted into revert change.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    funguy wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I think you forgot about Silver Bolt (Fighters Guild). There are were rumors it now works as DKs chains.

@funguy, I made that suggestion. I think @Alcast accidentally marked that down as a change in his notes.
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Increased the Ballista damage versus Siege weapons by approximately 17%.
    Reduced the Ballista damage versus players by 10%.
    You can once again destroy siege weapons without being interrupted when getting hit by virtually anything.
    Developer Comment:
    Spoiler
    Ballista Damage versus players was higher than intended because the weapon’s main purpose is to attack and destroy other siege weapons. It was underperforming in that aspect, which is why the damage versus siege was increased.

Can we get some clarification on this as ballista (stone) are used mainly for walls and doors. Is this functionality being altered?

How are fire and cold fire ballista being treated? Are they intended as anti siege only? I did watch the eso live show and yes as mentioned the fire dot obviously will still hurt players, but is this the intended use or just a side effect of ballista now?

Also there was no mention of oils. Will oils also have a persistent damage and defile aspect for 8 seconds like the other anti-personnel siege?