The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Which is your most feared class in PVP?

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Warden
    Biro123 wrote: »
    'Broken' and 'exploit' are such strong words - and very derogatory to use against those who understand the mechanics and put the effort and thought into a strong build.

Don't you mean people are really fast at learning what synergizes well and figuring how to use its strengths?

This is a big problem I have with mmo communities nowadays....

To me, broken was stuff like the TBS problem where you could have more munduses than you should be allowed. And exploiting is using that to gain a completely unintended (by the devs ) result.

A good build and playing it well is not ' exploiting'

Hard to see the real problems when terms like these are bandied around so much and so inappropriately.

I am really surprised someone really thinks copy-pasting youtubers' builds is a great demonstration of hard guessworking and theorycrafting.

Truth is the vast majority of my encounters are StamNBs and every stamNB in cyrodill is running the same KODI's MAGNIFICENT PVP BUILD FOR OWNING YOUR OPPONENTS AND FEEL GREAT: EternalHunt , MasterBow, Asylum2H.

When every encounter is just the same, when everyone is able to make full use and derive benefit from[EXPLOIT] a clear flaw in the balance system and design, that really kills my interest and enjoy in playing pvp.

And that's too bad since it feels some part of all my PVE playing loses meaning too.

And I was thinking you were aiming mostly at stamens.

Anyway you just changed your argument. How does the speed at which players identify what's broken and exploit it equate to hordes of people copying YouTube builds?

They are VERY different things.

Honestly, most of the better pvpers use their own builds and they do well because the fully understand it.

I don't think any class or mechanic is broken. They all work quite well - but there is always room for balance tweaks.

*edit* actually I think magblade is currently broken due to things like shade not working and concealed weapon not stunning from stealth etc... But not broken in an overpowered way. Broken in a broken way...

Edited by Biro123 on November 25, 2017 12:57PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Alphaa
    Alphaa
    ✭✭✭
    Its about who is playing them
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Warden
    What’s broken is how there still issues of being rooted and stunned at the same time and not being able to break free. Or just long delay before you can break free.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    What’s broken is how there still issues of being rooted and stunned at the same time and not being able to break free. Or just long delay before you can break free.

It's an old bug that some how made its way back into existence. Pissed me right off last night.

The whole sliding on the ground thing... Gr.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    @NightbladeMechanics A+ for use of cute Pikachu gifs :)

As for me, it's a learn to play issue, but any stam class that uses dizzying swing/wrecking blow is the bane of my existence. It's the combination of the effect with the sound the skill makes, and I feel like a rag doll being tossed around, waiting for my death :sweat_smile:

<3

As for dizzying swing, practice dueling them a lot! You'll get used to seeing the animation, blocking it, or learn to sidestep behind them to clip the animation and cancel the attack. You can similarly kite back every so slowly out of its range to cancel it.

Or you'll learn your limits a bit better and start eating them deliberately when you know you are high enough health that you won't die.

Dizzying is awful in a 1v1 fight against players who are used to fighting against it, but it takes time to get used to its range and aoe cone and can be very intimidating and punishing in the meantime.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

<3

As for dizzying swing, practice dueling them a lot! You'll get used to seeing the animation, blocking it, or learn to sidestep behind them to clip the animation and cancel the attack. You can similarly kite back every so slowly out of its range to cancel it.

Or you'll learn your limits a bit better and start eating them deliberately when you know you are high enough health that you won't die.

Dizzying is awful in a 1v1 fight against players who are used to fighting against it, but it takes time to get used to its range and aoe cone and can be very intimidating and punishing in the meantime.

Thank you for the advice! I definitely need more practice.

Also, congratulations on your epic win yesterday :) The tournament was really fun to watch!
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Warden
    Decptive class, have amazing burst and defence, most of the time I need to leave them alone or look for a help to kill one :)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • ichibe
    ichibe
    ✭✭
    Stamina Sorcerer
    I’ve been PVPing on my Stam Sorc for a while now and I’m suprised how few I see anymore. I’m not the best by any means, but I can say I pack up more people than I get beaten by. Overload while traveling with magelight up and streak to leave a quick stun to reassert myself sends 8/10 gankers back into cloak to find someone else to prey on.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Warden
    ichibe wrote: »
    I’ve been PVPing on my Stam Sorc for a while now and I’m suprised how few I see anymore. I’m not the best by any means, but I can say I pack up more people than I get beaten by. Overload while traveling with magelight up and streak to leave a quick stun to reassert myself sends 8/10 gankers back into cloak to find someone else to prey on.

Defensive rune is all you need for that :-) I'd often run overload just to be my 'travelling bar' or 'chokepoint bar' - with rapids/defensive rune for travelling, and caltrops/trap for chokepoints.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Warden
    ichibe wrote: »

Defensive rune is all you need for that :-) I'd often run overload just to be my 'travelling bar' or 'chokepoint bar' - with rapids/defensive rune for travelling, and caltrops/trap for chokepoints.

Thats a good idea for my fledgling stamsorc. I dislike shieldstacking (not other people but doing it myself) and I like my magblade better when running no shields so took my sorc stam. Will have to give this a try once I get the weapon lines all leveled up.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamina Warden
    'Broken' and 'exploit' are such strong words - and very derogatory to use against those who understand the mechanics and put the effort and thought into a strong build.

Don't you mean people are really fast at learning what synergizes well and figuring how to use its strengths?

This is a big problem I have with mmo communities nowadays....

To me, broken was stuff like the TBS problem where you could have more munduses than you should be allowed. And exploiting is using that to gain a completely unintended (by the devs ) result.

A good build and playing it well is not ' exploiting'

Hard to see the real problems when terms like these are bandied around so much and so inappropriately.

I am really surprised someone really thinks copy-pasting youtubers' builds is a great demonstration of hard guessworking and theorycrafting.

Truth is the vast majority of my encounters are StamNBs and every stamNB in cyrodill is running the same KODI's MAGNIFICENT PVP BUILD FOR OWNING YOUR OPPONENTS AND FEEL GREAT: EternalHunt , MasterBow, Asylum2H.

When every encounter is just the same, when everyone is able to make full use and derive benefit from[EXPLOIT] a clear flaw in the balance system and design, that really kills my interest and enjoy in playing pvp.

And that's too bad since it feels some part of all my PVE playing loses meaning too.

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of players you encoutner do not run around with Master/Asylum weapons...
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Templar
    I really dislike meeting Templars, especially the jabs spamming ones, or the ridiculously tanky ones that still deal damage. The most annoying ones though, are the bird spammers (Wardens). If you are rooted or snared, and one or several or them send their stinking birds at you over and over again, I usually just give up and try to die as quickly as possible.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Templar
    Most common ult on death recap in BGs: Ferocious Leap

Yeah. They’re not doing too bad. They hurt and there are a lot of them. Was in a 2 -4 man PUG last week and there was a Zerg that would have 3 jump on you and some crit rush spam. Just nothing you could do

I think you are confused good sir, ferocious leap is the mDK morph, take flight is the stamina one.
    That being said stamina Dk leaps are just as dangerous as the magicka one.
    In the end all you have to do is press your block button to counter it.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 30, 2017 3:11PM
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah. They’re not doing too bad. They hurt and there are a lot of them. Was in a 2 -4 man PUG last week and there was a Zerg that would have 3 jump on you and some crit rush spam. Just nothing you could do

I think you are confused good sir, ferocious leap is the mDK morph, take flight is the stamina one.

What is your reasoning? I've used take flight with success on Mag. And Freocious gives shields but mag has access to good sized shield where stam doesn't. Care to elaborate?
    PCNA

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    del9 wrote: »

What is your reasoning? I've used take flight with success on Mag. And Freocious gives shields but mag has access to good sized shield where stam doesn't. Care to elaborate?

TF on mag is only really viable in noCP. Since the damage increase from TF is overshadowed by the ele expert combined with MDK/Dunmer passives. Though the cheaper cost and extra range can be useful in some areas the shield is also makes it a good oh *** button.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're not saying warden by this point you're flat out wrong, especially if you're saying nb.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is good players get lazy. We just want to log in & have fun wrecking people for an hour or so.
    So if we've taken the time to level a stamden to try out & it's OP AF then it accomplished the goal.
    Sure using whatever is OP/meta is a crutch but it seems like when good players play the meta, they are playing on GOD mode.
    However it almost becomes hard to tell if a player is good just because they always play what's OP, or if they can handle themselves on weaker/harder to play classes?

The answer is a simple "aaiint nobody got time fo dat"
    Why work really hard just to win against 1 person on an under powered class & still get jumped by his buddy when you can easily take them both on with a meta-class?

The Dev's have to know it's broken OP by now. If they're going to allow it the best you can do is jump on the train or don't play.
    It's a matter of winning is fun & working hard just to lose in the end isn't.
    Edited by kaithuzar on December 1, 2017 10:44AM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't fear any Class in particular because I do not PvP. It is far too stressful at many levels and it upsets the 'Chi'.

I play ESO for enjoyment and to relieve stress - not to increase it. o:)

PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Magicka templar seem to never die

2nd

clense and resto staff..GG
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stam NB the burst is real easy to pick up and master and the reason everyone went to heavy armor. We all needed to protect ourselves from that burst the meta switch bc of it.

LOL have you seen the NB's latley..Hardly think they are masters.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Totally depends on what class I am playing. Rock/paper/scissors is real.
  • lappas
    lappas
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    1v1 vs a good magdk you're just not going to win.