The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Which is your most feared class in PVP?

• LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually avoid troll tanks, but not because I fear them. Fighting them is a waste of time and its quite boring.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Daedric_NB_187
    Daedric_NB_187
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valykc wrote: »
    Loading Screens.

Beat me to it.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorcerer
    Hymzir wrote: »
    Feared is not quite the right word...

But anyway, Magicka based Sorcs are the ones I find most annoying and the ones I mostly just ignore.

They have ridiculous burst, huge survivability, and the option to bolt away and reset the fight when they make a mistake and might actually find themselves in any kind of real danger.

Chasing them is even more futile waste of my time. Doing so would just leave me out of resources and facing their burst and dying.

And those sorc players know this, even though on the forums they keep telling us how hard it is to play as a sorc, and how easy it is for others to kill them. But every time I go to Cyro, I encounter tons of sorcs jumping about solo, trying to rile people up and give them a chase. And there are always those who fall for this and do run after them. I tend to just sit on the keep walls and shake my head. A minute or so later the player who gave chase re-spawns at the keep and rushes out the doors with fury and thunder and runs again for the hills after the sorc, only to re-spawn moment after at the keep again.

I'm not saying that playing a sorc is an automatic win button, but it is the easy mode in this game. The main skill you need, to pull the solo jumping sorc skit, is to know how to bait people to follow you and knowledge of the terrain, so that you know where you can bolt and the people chasing you can't follow. Rest is just watching when the chaser is starting to lose steam, line up your burst and claim your AP. Oh, and whining about shield ignoring damage on the forums.

Which is the the real reason I dislike magsorcs - due to way shields work, there is very little one can do against such a build and playstyle. I can, and do sometimes, spec my whole build and gear set to thwart such nonsense, but that will leave me weak against almost everything else, and useless in the things that I actually want to play PVP in this game for - i.e. Massed battles.

So most of the time, when i see another sorc twerp bouncing about trying to bait fools in to giving chase, I just mount up and ride somewhere else to find and actual battle to fight. The only time I tend to engage with these types is when they are hovering on the outskirts of a big battle preying on stragglers and on people who have just used all their resources to dodge a destro spamming zerg train. They really are like vultures, and like the scavengers they are, they scatter at the first signs of any real trouble.

I do also detest those stamina NB gankers. Never saw the fun in ambushing an unaware foe, and even less fun in bursting stunned target from stealth to zero in 1 sec and then running to the hills like a yellow bellied coward. It's just not something I find in any way or shape entertaining, especially since I know how annoying it is to the one getting ganked. I just don't see any point in making someone else's life crappier than it needs to be.

But at the end of the day, I don't really worry about NB gankers all that much. I can take pre-emptive steps against them without gimping myself in other areas. And more often than not, the cowardly loser trying to gank me, finds a target who is not defenseless, and who does in fact polish the floor with their broken and bloodied corpse. Most Stamina Nighblades are one trick ponies who are squishy as hell, and who tend to drop like flies when they actually have to fight.

There are few, whose names I've learned to recognize who I've learned to avoid though. They often run in packs, gang gank solitary low CP players, and tend to have pocket healers lurking about. But since they almost never play the map, and only farm people in resource towers, they are easy enough to ignore and avoid. In the grand scheme of things, they are irrelevant.

There are also those few, who seem to over perform to such a crazy margin, that one does wonder whether they are utterly devoid of any other life than ESO, or are they macro abusing nitwits, or do they just simply cheat their asses off. I am not familiar enough with the Nightblades to say for sure if the crap they pull off is doable withing the framework of the game, or are they using other options to boost their combat effectiveness. But the ganker type NB seems like the kind of choice, a player who has no qualms about cheating, would pick for their character.

Tanky wardens, DKs and Tempalrs are also pretty annoying and something I'd be happier if they weren't a thing that is possible in the game. Some of them are tanky to such ridiculous degree that 10 guys wailing on them can't even bring them to execute range. But the key to fighting that type is to not run after them as they keep running around the tree. When you see 4 or 5 players running after a tree hugging tank, stop and prepare some ground based stuff for them, so that they will run into your ground based AoE and mines on their next lap. Also, any block ignoring CC is useful too - too bad not all classes get such options though...

But as annoying as those tanky types are, they are not something one would fear. They can only kill you if you fall into their trap and play the game the way they want you to. They depend on gear procs and ulti build up to burst down chasers one at a time. If your build does not contain tank bursting options, just mount up and ride a way and leave them hugging their trees. They rarely pose any actual danger to anyone who just ignores them.

So... to sum all that up - it's not as much that one would "fear" any particular class. The haphazard way balance tweaks are handed out by the devs in this game, leaves some classes on top of the heap and others at the bottom patch by patch. And with each update it's a new thing that finds itself to be OP. The real things that one learns to "fear" are the broken cancerous builds that enable utter nonsense play styles. But for the most part of this games existence, barring the launch era vampire mag DKs, sorcs are the ones that have been consistently allowed to pull of some utterly cancerous nonsense. The other classes have had their days of utterly broken glory too, but it's the sorc that has always been on the top part of the heap.

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Warden
    In a duel if you have a shielding mag sorc with pets, mines, and burst.......c'mon what are you gonna do?

Though the question was for open-world random 1v1 encounters... not duelling builds.

But anyway, Magicka based Sorcs are the ones I find most annoying and the ones I mostly just ignore.

They have ridiculous burst, huge survivability, and the option to bolt away and reset the fight when they make a mistake and might actually find themselves in any kind of real danger.

Chasing them is even more futile waste of my time. Doing so would just leave me out of resources and facing their burst and dying.

And those sorc players know this, even though on the forums they keep telling us how hard it is to play as a sorc, and how easy it is for others to kill them. But every time I go to Cyro, I encounter tons of sorcs jumping about solo, trying to rile people up and give them a chase. And there are always those who fall for this and do run after them. I tend to just sit on the keep walls and shake my head. A minute or so later the player who gave chase re-spawns at the keep and rushes out the doors with fury and thunder and runs again for the hills after the sorc, only to re-spawn moment after at the keep again.

I'm not saying that playing a sorc is an automatic win button, but it is the easy mode in this game. The main skill you need, to pull the solo jumping sorc skit, is to know how to bait people to follow you and knowledge of the terrain, so that you know where you can bolt and the people chasing you can't follow. Rest is just watching when the chaser is starting to lose steam, line up your burst and claim your AP. Oh, and whining about shield ignoring damage on the forums.

Which is the the real reason I dislike magsorcs - due to way shields work, there is very little one can do against such a build and playstyle. I can, and do sometimes, spec my whole build and gear set to thwart such nonsense, but that will leave me weak against almost everything else, and useless in the things that I actually want to play PVP in this game for - i.e. Massed battles.

So most of the time, when i see another sorc twerp bouncing about trying to bait fools in to giving chase, I just mount up and ride somewhere else to find and actual battle to fight. The only time I tend to engage with these types is when they are hovering on the outskirts of a big battle preying on stragglers and on people who have just used all their resources to dodge a destro spamming zerg train. They really are like vultures, and like the scavengers they are, they scatter at the first signs of any real trouble.

I do also detest those stamina NB gankers. Never saw the fun in ambushing an unaware foe, and even less fun in bursting stunned target from stealth to zero in 1 sec and then running to the hills like a yellow bellied coward. It's just not something I find in any way or shape entertaining, especially since I know how annoying it is to the one getting ganked. I just don't see any point in making someone else's life crappier than it needs to be.

But at the end of the day, I don't really worry about NB gankers all that much. I can take pre-emptive steps against them without gimping myself in other areas. And more often than not, the cowardly loser trying to gank me, finds a target who is not defenseless, and who does in fact polish the floor with their broken and bloodied corpse. Most Stamina Nighblades are one trick ponies who are squishy as hell, and who tend to drop like flies when they actually have to fight.

There are few, whose names I've learned to recognize who I've learned to avoid though. They often run in packs, gang gank solitary low CP players, and tend to have pocket healers lurking about. But since they almost never play the map, and only farm people in resource towers, they are easy enough to ignore and avoid. In the grand scheme of things, they are irrelevant.

There are also those few, who seem to over perform to such a crazy margin, that one does wonder whether they are utterly devoid of any other life than ESO, or are they macro abusing nitwits, or do they just simply cheat their asses off. I am not familiar enough with the Nightblades to say for sure if the crap they pull off is doable withing the framework of the game, or are they using other options to boost their combat effectiveness. But the ganker type NB seems like the kind of choice, a player who has no qualms about cheating, would pick for their character.

Tanky wardens, DKs and Tempalrs are also pretty annoying and something I'd be happier if they weren't a thing that is possible in the game. Some of them are tanky to such ridiculous degree that 10 guys wailing on them can't even bring them to execute range. But the key to fighting that type is to not run after them as they keep running around the tree. When you see 4 or 5 players running after a tree hugging tank, stop and prepare some ground based stuff for them, so that they will run into your ground based AoE and mines on their next lap. Also, any block ignoring CC is useful too - too bad not all classes get such options though...

But as annoying as those tanky types are, they are not something one would fear. They can only kill you if you fall into their trap and play the game the way they want you to. They depend on gear procs and ulti build up to burst down chasers one at a time. If your build does not contain tank bursting options, just mount up and ride a way and leave them hugging their trees. They rarely pose any actual danger to anyone who just ignores them.

So... to sum all that up - it's not as much that one would "fear" any particular class. The haphazard way balance tweaks are handed out by the devs in this game, leaves some classes on top of the heap and others at the bottom patch by patch. And with each update it's a new thing that finds itself to be OP. The real things that one learns to "fear" are the broken cancerous builds that enable utter nonsense play styles. But for the most part of this games existence, barring the launch era vampire mag DKs, sorcs are the ones that have been consistently allowed to pull of some utterly cancerous nonsense. The other classes have had their days of utterly broken glory too, but it's the sorc that has always been on the top part of the heap.

Well, as a sorc I kind of avoid ANY player that uses sustain/survivability to kite you out of resources before bursting.. its not just sorcs.. Only difference is that sorcs will do it more over distance, while everyone else does it by running around rocks/towers. Plenty of magDK's and Templars doing this with mistform, plenty of stam builds doing it with roll-dodge/sprint.. And in a lot of cases - a big helper is pots.. vs the chasers possibly only using ghetto pots.
    Its not to do with any specific class - just a playstyle that involves trying to get people to fight on your terms.(btw, sorcs can't win... here I hear 'too much sustain/mobility' where on other threads I hear 'too much def - they should have more mobility instead'... idk.. But that's the nature of shields - they are only useful in small encounters - when it gets over 2 opponents - sorc has to run and try to kite.. I guess what you see is people using the right abilities at the right time. Some call it skill, other say 'nerf that class!'
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Warden
    Right now, it's not close IMHO
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Warden
    Depends on who the player is I guess. A good Dragonknight or Templar keeps me on my toes.
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Warden
    I’ll jump on anyone. Lol

But if the stam warden is just as skilled as you then you won't beat him
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina Nightblade
    I didn't choose mag sorc because as someone explained they usually just try and bait people away so I avoid them, and the NB fear/stealth stuns are more annoying to me. people keep talking about stam wardens lately but I never run into wardens at all wtf
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Dragonknight
    Heavy armor
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • ajcorbell
    ajcorbell
    ✭✭✭
    I don't particularly enjoy fighting magDK's
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina Nightblade
    I am just guessing as I have never been able to ask the player who kills me, "Hey, what class are you playing?"

you don't look at your death recaps?
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    The only build I felt comfortable using and could handle good magDKs without me going into a fetal position got nerfed pretty hard when they removed the DoT from Elemental Ring.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No CP. No one. CP magsorcs or templars because they can negate damage like no other. Doesn't mean they will kill me, just annoy me to death.

Purge, bol, bol, repeat. Shield, streak, repeat. My poor DK has to waste so much time reapplying or catching. Not even a class nerf call, just triggered with TTK nowadays.

At least SDK pure tanks take dots/ground based dmg to their health, nbs are broken by a stiff wind, and wardens are eh.
    Edited by ak_pvp on November 14, 2017 4:53PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    As a vamp magsorc, it's not really a class so much as a build style that scares me.

Damage shields are fantastic against burst damage, but they are wrecked by dots, so any builds made around dealing dot damage will be fairly hard to handle on an average open world magsorc build.

As such, magickaDk and stamina templar are probably the two worst classes for me to fight on average.

MagDK does 25% extra damage against me and that leap, whip and skoria can hit really hard while dots whittle away my shields.

Stamplar can pump out high sustained pressure, they have a moral equivalent to sorc curse, a non execute equivalent of disintegrate, everything is a snare, AND none of their damage is magicka based, so stacking enough shields to survive more than 2 seconds becomes prohibitively expensive very quickly. Also when wearing sets like 7th, they are tanky on top of their high damage output. A good stamplar nearly hard counters a sorc.
    Edited by Drummerx04 on November 14, 2017 5:04PM
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamina Warden
    Honestly it's the easy no brainer combo of subterranean assault, cliff racer, charge, dawnbreaker. It's just... so painfully easy to land and it's at least a 1 person kill. Often times coupled with a lil spin to win you can clear clumped up people.

See normally I would fear magblade as a skilled magblade will make EVERYONE her [redacted] but even a amateur stamden can set up that combo and get a quick kill.
    Edited by ParaNostram on November 14, 2017 5:20PM
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am afraid of any tank with gap closer or strong snares.

I can not kill you. You can not kill me. Please do not waste my time.

Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamina Warden
    Stam Warden becuase they have little to no counter player. Stamblade cuz burst is a pain but I find it more managable
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorcerer
    Morvane wrote: »
    voted for stamsorc because it doesnt exist in PvP

Are they really that non existent?
    Psn l---Salty---l

Patiently waiting to make a Stankcromancer.
  • TheWalkinDread
    Stamina Dragonknight
    Not been playing long but so far only PvP on stamina classes to get Vigor. Only class i really struggle against is DK, stam and mag...just cannot win against them!
    Edited by TheWalkinDread on November 14, 2017 7:30PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With my bow build... Anyone running shield wall...

Literally ran around a BG two laps with one chasing me. Straight up flee
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorcerer
    Biro123 wrote: »

Well, as a sorc I kind of avoid ANY player that uses sustain/survivability to kite you out of resources before bursting.. its not just sorcs.. Only difference is that sorcs will do it more over distance, while everyone else does it by running around rocks/towers. Plenty of magDK's and Templars doing this with mistform, plenty of stam builds doing it with roll-dodge/sprint.. And in a lot of cases - a big helper is pots.. vs the chasers possibly only using ghetto pots.

Never claimed it was just sorcs that do it. Sorcs just do it better, since bolting gives sorcs venues of movement not available to other classes. And sorcs do indeed have the option to just get the hell outta dodge, bolting away to safety. The reason they can do it is due to the amount you can stack magicka these days. And as an added benefit, sorcs get the most out of it - damage, survivability and mobility. Other classes do not get away with the same monomaniacal stat stacking that sorcs do.

And it really really really chafes me that the suggested solution is to go vamp. I will never go vamp. End of discussion. I do not want to play as a vamp. I especially do not want to pick up something I do not like just to cover a glaring design hole in my class. In a fast based game that is all about moving and positioning, it's inane to have stand your ground type classes. No wonder so many go full turtle.

And as for pots... Just like everyone else who has any experience in cyro, I am constantly jugging down magic juice. Trying to stay alive in an environment dominated by destro trains spamming indiscriminate roots, snares and stuns, you need to have immovability potions up all the time and constantly purge snares. Pots will still do jack *** against a target that can line up massive burst with a passive execute. So getting out of LoS wont save your ass either. Been there, experienced that. Was not amused.
    Its not to do with any specific class - just a playstyle that involves trying to get people to fight on your terms.(btw, sorcs can't win... here I hear 'too much sustain/mobility' where on other threads I hear 'too much def - they should have more mobility instead'... idk.. But that's the nature of shields - they are only useful in small encounters - when it gets over 2 opponents - sorc has to run and try to kite.. I guess what you see is people using the right abilities at the right time. Some call it skill, other say 'nerf that class!'

I play sorcs too - but since my interest is in massed battles, I've never bothered to run around in that typical "solo hopping about baiting others to chase and then burst them down when low on resources" build. It just aint my thing. Both my sorcs are support characters. And one is going full healer even. And know what, I enjoy playing them both. Not as much as my templar and DK characters or even my warden. But still, it's a different experience and fun for me at least.

I do not PVP on my NB since... Well as I stated, all that sneaking about and ganking just isn't something I can relate to. I play for fun, and part of my fun is to ensure that I am not taking fun away from other players. In a real life combat situation, where it was kill or be killed, I'd be the sneakiest and most underhanded git you can imagine. Since that would be the most prudent course to take in an actual war. But this is a game, and what I want is roughly even sided fun battles, not winning at all costs and getting easy kills. Hell, I've even walked away from a glitched foe more than once. Sometimes, if their name is easy to spell, I'll whisper them and ask "Are you glitched. Do you want to try to unglitch yourself or do you want me to kill you and let you respawn in a keep?" But that's just me, and I realize that others have a different approach to the game.

And every class gets it's fair share of "this thing is too much, they need to be that isntead of this" and so on. The problem is that ZOS has no clue as to what their balance tweaks actually end up doing, and they lack an over all vision. Or more accurately, that vision seems to change constantly from one thing to another. From "we do not want to homogenize the classes" to giving all classes the same tools. From distinctive class premises to each should have a tanking, DPS and healing skill tree. And what about the notion of DK's and templars being stand your ground, and then deciding that free wheeling fast based highly mobile combat was the hallmark of ESO.

All of that leads to a gaming environment where it is possible to build some utterly cancerous builds. Builds that are little value in the massed melee that the game is supposedly trying to offer in Cyrodiil. You have gankers galore, bunny hopping sorc taunters, and various iterations of the tar pit tank unit that drains all your resources and lets his armor kill you.

But I suppose I can understand people playing those to some extend, seeing as the destro trains are ruining the massed battle aspect of PVP. I remember this one destro ball that we wiped at ales mine... About 20 of them, and eating fire from several sieges and about 30 enemy players. And not even one of them dropping for minutes and minutes of constant barrage. Then one of them made a mistake, strayed form the pack and died. And suddenly the whole ball collapsed like the house of cards it was. That's the problem running around blindly spamming skills indiscriminately. When something goes wrong, you simply are unable to adapt and change your actions to fit the situation.

I remember this so well because I had kill enemy templars quest active that time. And when the first guy went down I got credit for slaying an enemy templar. And when the rest of the ball wiped, I got, in rapid succession, credit for slaying 8 more templars. The ball was composed of 50% healers. That is nuts. How one earth are we supposed to kill something like that. Most of them had 30k health and no doubt running in heavy armor. All their kills were from destro ulti spamming. It's ridiculous, but ZOS seems blind to the issue.

I used to avoid those blobs since they suck out all the fun from the game. But since they are so common these days, I specialized into zerg busting. Sure killing them takes time and I tend to die 3 or 4 times to them when I miss a crucial immovability potion due to lag. But in the end I get 20 to 30 kills form them since they also keep re-spawning via tents like cockroaches. So it's good AP for me.

In the end it really isn't about skill - it's the game enabling builds that require specific builds to counter them, builds that then gimp you against everything else. Builds that specialize in bursting and then running away to reset the fight and then lining up burst to take out a single target again. Rinse and repeat ad nauseam with minimum risk. And very rarely do the people running such builds seem to engage one another. 'Prolly since they know how futile it is. Like two tar-pit tanks duking it out for 15 minutes with no winner in the end. Or two sorcs trying to bait each other to give chase. In the end they just bolt away in different directions looking for more easy kills.

And you very rarely see players running these builds taking part in the big battles, since that is where their builds do not excel. They just hover about the battles and try to pick up targets on the outskirts. It's a completely different set of players that run the zerg ball nonsense builds - well for the most part at least.

Look, this is turning into a rant, and that was not my intentions. Guess yesterdays PVP session just bummed me out with all the crap and nonsense it has devolved to. PVP can still be fun and cool and sort of like it used to be. As long as no destro train comes along and as long as you ignore all those players running utterly broken builds of infinite excess. And I've come across such builds from all classes, but for me at least (since most of my characters lack decent mobility due to stupid class design choices) sorcs are the most annoying with their ability to just zoom away at the first sign of trouble.
  • ItsMeToo
    ItsMeToo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Deer Class
    FYI - There is no such thing as 'night capping' in a world wide MMO.
    FYI - There was no paid Beta. When they launched the game the Beta was over, even if you don't think it was.
    FYI - It's B2P not F2P. There is a difference.
    FYI - It doesn't take any player skill to mash keys or buttons in this game. The ones that stay alive longer have the better internet connection and speed.
    FYI - The game is not broken, it still works. It just has 'bugs' that need to be fixed.
    Balance is a "Bad" thing.

Example: There were hundreds of Jedi and only two Sith in Star Wars. The Jedi wanted, "Balance in the Force" and they got it. Now there are only two Jedi and two Sith.

Balance is a "Bad" thing.
    Is the glass half full or half empty?
    I say, "Get a smaller glass."
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The most frightening class is perhaps the one that can spam fear.

But hoping we get a new illusionist type class next year with something like a charm spell that makes enemies walk toward you. That will be the most charming class in PVP.

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on November 14, 2017 9:35PM
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Warden
    8k Spammed undodgeable birds....will drop you faster than you can heal
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So long story short... you don't actually fear any class... but still decided to vote magsorc as OP... good stuff

If I had a nickel for every clueless sorc whiner on the forum...

You and everyone else that voted Magsorc need a healthy dose of L2P, with a side dish of git gud
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Warden
    It’s interesting to see what people select as most feared and to associate that with their skill level (if I can recognize them).

Definitely seeing some patterns.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Nightblade
    Good stamblades and Stamplars in cyrodiil.
    Duels it's more build dependant.
  • BladedMischief
    BladedMischief
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina Nightblade
    Just nightblades in general.
    If I'm killed in Cyrodiil, chances are it was a nightblade. Doesn't matter whether they're stamina or magicka.
    Nightblades are just a sworn enemy of my character. It's not that I fear them either, I just hate coming up against them. Especially if I'm alone xD
    ~We're a community of adventurers. No matter which banner we fight under~
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can stamina Warden and stam nightblade be tied as the most feared classes when one is insanely good and one is literal garbage?

Stamina nightblade in medium is one of the worst classes in PvP. Medium stamblade is the actual walking/talking form of garbage. Almost nothing is worse.

Heavy stamblade is good but is outclassed by stamplar and stam warden, the two best classes in PvP. It isn't even close

With stam warden being as good as it is, it simply does not make sense why so many people chose stamblade, but apparently this thread has shown me that people can't play against them despite them being miles worse than stamplar or stam warden. I'll keep that in mind.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Warden
    Thogard wrote: »
    It’s interesting to see what people select as most feared and to associate that with their skill level (if I can recognize them).

Definitely seeing some patterns.

A lot of times; I think it depends on the class you play. Running my magblade; DKs with reflect can be annoying but escapeablr. Warden with reflect takes that up another notch with a range spammable I don’t have much answer to and with my HOT not giving me much. Annulment shield stacker are also annoying as I just feed them magicka until they burst me.

Now if I run magicka Templar; I can Cleanse DKs quite a bit, and can heal the birds damage but wardens are still tough. Stam NB or Templar and I can knock those sorc shields down

Just seems to me that Wardens just don’t have that hard if a counter as the others but maybe I just haven’t figured it out