The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which is your most feared class in PVP?

• EdmundTowers
    EdmundTowers
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorcerer
    As magplar main, I fear running into a magsorc in an enemy group the most. By themselves, my purges counter most of their abilities. I can handle them. However, if they're in a group, they can drop a negate on me while they're group focuses me down and due to magsorc execute, their group only has to bring me down to like half health before my health bar just disappears and I go wtfboom.
    Co GM of Imperium of the Eagle, PvP Guild NA PC, ~Aldmeri Dominion~
    Tyrael Allynna Aldmeri Magplar
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Nightblade
    good stambaldes gives me anxiety. you know the ones who literally dodge your burst every frigging time.
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    Mag dk and its not even close. As long as block works the way it does msg dk will be op. It also doesn't help that everyone is a vampire
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so confused right now, Stamden and Stamblade are the "most feared" things, yet every PTS cycle I see a train of nerf sorc threads. What even is this?

Anyway, wouldn't say I necessarily 'fear' any one class more than another, it all comes down to the skill and build of the player; anyone can be scary if they're skilled and happen to be running a build that hard counters your own. But as far as most frequently died to, that'd probably be stamblades, if for no other reason than the countless times Incap seems to bug out and take forever to CC break.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    I'm so confused right now, Stamden and Stamblade are the "most feared" things, yet every PTS cycle I see a train of nerf sorc threads. What even is this?

Anyway, wouldn't say I necessarily 'fear' any one class more than another, it all comes down to the skill and build of the player; anyone can be scary if they're skilled and happen to be running a build that hard counters your own. But as far as most frequently died to, that'd probably be stamblades, if for no other reason than the countless times Incap seems to bug out and take forever to CC break.

A lot of it has to do with people maining classes that are hard countered by the class or build they fear. For example with Stamwarden Shimmering Shield makes a strong counter to MagSorcs attacks and give the Warden very fast Ult regen. But against another class like a Stamplar Shimmering Shield does a whole lot of nothin against PoL and Jabs.
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Templar
    As a magSorc main whose played a fair amount in BGs, I chose Stam Templar. Stam Wardens are certainly up there too, but of all the people I've come up against, Hermit Purple is the only one I've ever felt completely helpless facing. The level of tankiness combined with the massive burst he is able to pull off makes me fear Stam Templars the most, though Ive certainly faced plenty less skilled ones that were not problematic.
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now this is an interesting poll..

On my magsorc my main weakness is probably a good stamNB who can time their fear and incap. On my stamplar probably magDK, all the dots and CCs I use up a lot of magic and stam. On my stamNB a good magsorc or another NB can be trouble some..sorc for obvious reasons and NB because my burst tends to miss a lot with the constant cloak/roll.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dpencil1 wrote: »
    As a magSorc main whose played a fair amount in BGs, I chose Stam Templar. Stam Wardens are certainly up there too, but of all the people I've come up against, Hermit Purple is the only one I've ever felt completely helpless facing. The level of tankiness combined with the massive burst he is able to pull off makes me fear Stam Templars the most, though Ive certainly faced plenty less skilled ones that were not problematic.

I agree with this 100%.

Finally someone that didn't say stamblade. Stamplars are OP and extremely dangerous. They're probably the most underrated class in PvP atm. The heals, tankiness and burst is just too deadly.
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you're going up against an incredibly good player I fail to see why so many of you fear facing Stam Wardens. Outside of the tree heal they lack the cheese other classes have like Fear and an Incap that kills your heals or PoL and undodgeable Jabs that permasnare. I think KodiPvP is just putting a lot of unwarranted fear in you lol.

Stamblade and Stamplars are both stronger 1v1 classes to face than Stamwarden unless you're running a class it counters well like MagSorc.

In a 1v1 a stamwarden burst (swing/sub/dawn) is an easy 15k+ dmg to a player. Don't get me wrong I'm not at all scared of the glass because I know the animation of the sub and what he's going to try and do so its pretty easy to see the combo coming and react accordingly. But the burst in on par with stamNB
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorcerer

So long story short... you don't actually fear any class... but still decided to vote magsorc as OP... good stuff

If I had a nickel for every clueless sorc whiner on the forum...

You and everyone else that voted Magsorc need a healthy dose of L2P, with a side dish of git gud

And if I had a nickel for every smart alec thinking themselves so slick with their L2P and git gud remarks, without any actual attempt to engage in the discussion, or to back up their opinions with arguments, I'd be so rich I could buy whole of Zenimax and then hire some competent people to develop ESO.

It's a poll - you pick one, and if you want to partake in the discussion, present your reasoning behind your choice. My choice was between the various tar pit builds and mag Sorcs. Sorcs win since they have the ability to get scot free out form any hairy situation, without sactificign their ability to burst. Tar pits will go down eventually, with enough numbers, but sorcs will just run away.

But I do enjoy how sorcbois keep whining about shield bypassing mechanics, so there is at least that.
    Edited by Hymzir on November 15, 2017 10:28AM
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Templar
    I play No-CP and i play a Proctard Stamina Sorcerer.

There is no class that i specifically have more respect for, than others. In a 1v1 i will kill any class and spec easily. The problem are the good players - and they can come in any class and spec.

The builds that i "fear" or just try to avoid, are the Healbot / Disruptor builds, which are usually Mag Templars or Mag DK's. They are the one's that cannot be killed before more people show up, and will then proceed to chain you in or just heal all their mates, ruining you 1vX opportunity.

The class that i find the most on my DeathRecap are Sorcerers though. But that is due to them being frequent in Zergs. Next are NB's. But same reason.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Nightblade
    Eternal Hunt / Stealth Stamblade.

My hate is becoming unhealthy
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every class has a pro and con to fight against. I am not "Afraid" to battle any of them. I would prefer to get into a fight that is not easy so getting killed by someone is just fine by me.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Warden
    Hymzir wrote: »

So long story short... you don't actually fear any class... but still decided to vote magsorc as OP... good stuff

You and everyone else that voted Magsorc need a healthy dose of L2P, with a side dish of git gud

And if I had a nickel for every smart alec thinking themselves so slick with their L2P and git gud remarks, without any actual attempt to engage in the discussion, or to back up their opinions with arguments, I'd be so rich I could buy whole of Zenimax and then hire some competent people to develop ESO.

It's a poll - you pick one, and if you want to partake in the discussion, present your reasoning behind your choice. My choice was between the various tar pit builds and mag Sorcs. Sorcs win since they have the ability to get scot free out form any hairy situation, without sactificign their ability to burst. Tar pits will go down eventually, with enough numbers, but sorcs will just run away.

But I do enjoy how sorcbois keep whining about shield bypassing mechanics, so there is at least that.

L2P
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorcerer
    Now this is an interesting poll..

On my magsorc my main weakness is probably a good stamNB who can time their fear and incap. On my stamplar probably magDK, all the dots and CCs I use up a lot of magic and stam. On my stamNB a good magsorc or another NB can be trouble some..sorc for obvious reasons and NB because my burst tends to miss a lot with the constant cloak/roll.

Thank you, I try~ No matter how many people complain about my polls.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorcerer
    @Hymzir Gets another nickle.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorcerer
    grannas211 wrote: »
    Hymzir wrote: »

L2P

And ka-ching would go the tiller once more. Such depth of wisdom, such insight and stellar argumentation.
    coop500 wrote: »
    @Hymzir Gets another nickle.

Thanks for the notification, would have prolly missed it otherwise since wasn't really paying attention to this thread. Reading that "eloquent" retort given to my case made me smile, and it's always nice to find something funny to lighten one's daily life.

And since I know reading is difficult, all you sorcbois out there, do note that I am not calling nerfs to sorcs. All I want is to give all classes access to mobility in a game that emphasizes movement and placement on the battlefield. And maybe stop taking stuns away from templar while handing more of them to other classes. Also reign down the excess in possible builds, 'cause they really are kinda getting out off hand.

Personally speaking, I really did like this game lot more back when we had soft caps. Wasn't perfect either, and had it's share of flaws, but it sure was more fun that this current nonsense. You're free to disagree, I wont mind. I'm not the kinda person whose life crumbles when I realize that someone has a different opinion.

But if you want to convince someone to your point of vies, you are gonna have to do bit more to present your case.
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get feared on my DK a lot. Comes with always being at melee range. Pls nerf fear.

Did i do that right?
    PCNA

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Warden
    del9 wrote: »
    I get feared on my DK a lot. Comes with always being at melee range. Pls nerf fear.

Did i do that right?

Nothing I hate more when on my NB is when immovable pots are up on a DK and some managed a flame reach stun they quickly break and go back to blocking.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    del9 wrote: »

Did i do that right?

So your DK is the most feared?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In BGs, I fear a sorc on my team...

I ain't getting any killing blow points
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • gabormezo
    gabormezo
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina Dragonknight
    Nerf sorcs.
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Templar
    Hands down. Any organized group knows to call out healers. Drop them and the whole group falls.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None, because I don't give a ***.
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    LOL @stam sorc 1%
    Some say speed kills, I hope to be proof of that.

Main- Speed Kills Nord Stamina Sorcerer
    +11 alts (every class, mag+stam)
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorcerer
    LOL @stam sorc 1%

It's hard to believe a very short while ago the forums were full of tears regarding Stam Sorc being OP. Perhaps it was viper black rose and tremorscale that was over performing.

I'd still love a stamina spammable for the class. Hurricane and dark deal are fine but having to rely on weapon class skills pigeon holes Stamsorcs into the same cookie cutter builds every update.

For a game centered on build diversity this class is the most lacking in it.
    Psn l---Salty---l

Patiently waiting to make a Stankcromancer.
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    _Salty_ wrote: »
    LOL @stam sorc 1%

It's hard to believe a very short while ago the forums were full of tears regarding Stam Sorc being OP. Perhaps it was viper black rose and tremorscale that was over performing.

I'd still love a stamina spammable for the class. Hurricane and dark deal are fine but having to rely on weapon class skills pigeon holes Stamsorcs into the same cookie cutter builds every update.

Dizzyings are easy to avoid, but the way they scale on stamsorc orc+ huricane you dont really need one. Stamsorcs have some of the most devastating burst still
    PCNA

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    _Salty_ wrote: »
    LOL @stam sorc 1%

It was when hurricane was stronger, maj exp was 40% and procs were mad, so a good stamsorc could run in, veli/db and deal high AoE damage. Far from OP though. And blackrose was never OP. (in 7 heavy around 260 unbuffable regen and 140dmg, but at a cost of 4% undaunted.) But alas, hurricane and black rose was cried to death.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorcerer
    Mag sorc is most trouble for me personally. As a stam ward I can typically hold my own against most but their kit definitely has some strong passives and skills that have good synergy together. Either way not OP or anything, just my own L2P issues. If I really had to name like 1 thing I would complain about just for the sake of it, I would argue that I feel implosion shouldn't proc with endless fury. But that's just a person vendetta more so then a balance issue.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina Warden
    Well, this poll is interesting.

It seems the unavoidable burst from Stamdens and Stamblades is considered more dangerous than Sorc shields and avoidable burst, and MagDK's anti-vamp abilities and tankiness.

Also interesting to see how far behind the other classes are. Judging from that, no one's afraid of you, @NightbladeMechanics ...
    xP