Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which is your most feared class in PVP?

• TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina Nightblade
    Damm gankers...
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorcerer
    Mag Sorc not feared but just OP.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everybody
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hate fighting DK's in general. Either I spend ages smacking them for negative damage or I have to deal with talon spam
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Warden
    Close run between stamden and stamplar for me.
    But stamden edges it since seeing more and more small-scale groups of mostly stamden...
    Unkillable + nasty burst.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorcerer
    In a duel if you have a shielding mag sorc with pets, mines, and burst.......c'mon what are you gonna do?
  • Yarlenzey
    Yarlenzey
    ✭✭✭✭
    PVP players
    I got suspenders for saying "Testicular Mass" instead of "Balls". like, rilly.

• Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorcerer
    Wow I didn't know people feared my class that much
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorcerer
    Not fear because I just don't fight them as a stamblade, unless they are a n00b
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any class played by a non AFK player
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on sets I am wearing.
    Depends on how good is player Im facing.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Warden
    In a duel if you have a shielding mag sorc with pets, mines, and burst.......c'mon what are you gonna do?

Though the question was for open-world random 1v1 encounters... not duelling builds.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't fear classes, I fear the name of the person playing that class. If you PVP long enough you get to know who the good guys are and whether or not you have a chance to beat them. Can I beat that player on his tank? no. Can I beat that player on his tank with allies? Yes. Wait for backup :)
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fear? LOL

I treat everyone the same. I play stealth. In a chance 1v1 encounter, if they see me I run away. If they don't see me I shoot them in the back a few times, and if they aren't dead then I run away.

Why do I avoid death in PvP? Because being dead is such an awful waste of time.

PC EU
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None,
    it is the lag spike that normally hits you as you engage the target that i fear the most.
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• pdebie64b16_ESO
    pdebie64b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    I fear nbs and I don't use that *** add-on that kills their playstyle

Thats the spirit, you deserve an awesome from me.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on my class and build at any given time,
    typically concern myself most with builds that are good at countering my setup
    and hold less concern for builds that are good at being countered by my setup
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade in general because of that EXTREMELY BROKEN fear ability.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Warden
    TBH Stamina anything with the dull CC and whacka-whacka-whacka

Non-CP Warden seem OP as heck. Less in CP oddly - might just be conjecture.

also NB Fear is OP as hell, so scared of that lol
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • SpearDusk
    SpearDusk
    ✭✭✭
    None, Bring it :p
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorcerer
    Magsorcs are just as tanky as someone wearing all heavy impen, but unlike tanks you can't ignore them because they have the burst of a stamblade. If I see a magsorc they become my primary target otherwise I'm going to be cursed, and fragged until I hit 20% then I'm dead to a passive execute.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magicka Sorcerer
    Magsorc emp.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Morvane
    Morvane
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Sorcerer
    voted for stamsorc because it doesnt exist in PvP
    DC Dunmer Sorcerer since 2014
    @morvayn54, PC/EU
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Warden
    Wardens and I think as more get leveled and gear, people will finally realize.

• FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need of "None " option for players like myself who fear no class or player.
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorcerer
    Feared is not quite the right word...

But anyway, Magicka based Sorcs are the ones I find most annoying and the ones I mostly just ignore.

They have ridiculous burst, huge survivability, and the option to bolt away and reset the fight when they make a mistake and might actually find themselves in any kind of real danger.

Chasing them is even more futile waste of my time. Doing so would just leave me out of resources and facing their burst and dying.

And those sorc players know this, even though on the forums they keep telling us how hard it is to play as a sorc, and how easy it is for others to kill them. But every time I go to Cyro, I encounter tons of sorcs jumping about solo, trying to rile people up and give them a chase. And there are always those who fall for this and do run after them. I tend to just sit on the keep walls and shake my head. A minute or so later the player who gave chase re-spawns at the keep and rushes out the doors with fury and thunder and runs again for the hills after the sorc, only to re-spawn moment after at the keep again.

I'm not saying that playing a sorc is an automatic win button, but it is the easy mode in this game. The main skill you need, to pull the solo jumping sorc skit, is to know how to bait people to follow you and knowledge of the terrain, so that you know where you can bolt and the people chasing you can't follow. Rest is just watching when the chaser is starting to lose steam, line up your burst and claim your AP. Oh, and whining about shield ignoring damage on the forums.

Which is the the real reason I dislike magsorcs - due to way shields work, there is very little one can do against such a build and playstyle. I can, and do sometimes, spec my whole build and gear set to thwart such nonsense, but that will leave me weak against almost everything else, and useless in the things that I actually want to play PVP in this game for - i.e. Massed battles.

So most of the time, when i see another sorc twerp bouncing about trying to bait fools in to giving chase, I just mount up and ride somewhere else to find and actual battle to fight. The only time I tend to engage with these types is when they are hovering on the outskirts of a big battle preying on stragglers and on people who have just used all their resources to dodge a destro spamming zerg train. They really are like vultures, and like the scavengers they are, they scatter at the first signs of any real trouble.

I do also detest those stamina NB gankers. Never saw the fun in ambushing an unaware foe, and even less fun in bursting stunned target from stealth to zero in 1 sec and then running to the hills like a yellow bellied coward. It's just not something I find in any way or shape entertaining, especially since I know how annoying it is to the one getting ganked. I just don't see any point in making someone else's life crappier than it needs to be.

But at the end of the day, I don't really worry about NB gankers all that much. I can take pre-emptive steps against them without gimping myself in other areas. And more often than not, the cowardly loser trying to gank me, finds a target who is not defenseless, and who does in fact polish the floor with their broken and bloodied corpse. Most Stamina Nighblades are one trick ponies who are squishy as hell, and who tend to drop like flies when they actually have to fight.

There are few, whose names I've learned to recognize who I've learned to avoid though. They often run in packs, gang gank solitary low CP players, and tend to have pocket healers lurking about. But since they almost never play the map, and only farm people in resource towers, they are easy enough to ignore and avoid. In the grand scheme of things, they are irrelevant.

There are also those few, who seem to over perform to such a crazy margin, that one does wonder whether they are utterly devoid of any other life than ESO, or are they macro abusing nitwits, or do they just simply cheat their asses off. I am not familiar enough with the Nightblades to say for sure if the crap they pull off is doable withing the framework of the game, or are they using other options to boost their combat effectiveness. But the ganker type NB seems like the kind of choice, a player who has no qualms about cheating, would pick for their character.

Tanky wardens, DKs and Tempalrs are also pretty annoying and something I'd be happier if they weren't a thing that is possible in the game. Some of them are tanky to such ridiculous degree that 10 guys wailing on them can't even bring them to execute range. But the key to fighting that type is to not run after them as they keep running around the tree. When you see 4 or 5 players running after a tree hugging tank, stop and prepare some ground based stuff for them, so that they will run into your ground based AoE and mines on their next lap. Also, any block ignoring CC is useful too - too bad not all classes get such options though...

But as annoying as those tanky types are, they are not something one would fear. They can only kill you if you fall into their trap and play the game the way they want you to. They depend on gear procs and ulti build up to burst down chasers one at a time. If your build does not contain tank bursting options, just mount up and ride a way and leave them hugging their trees. They rarely pose any actual danger to anyone who just ignores them.

So... to sum all that up - it's not as much that one would "fear" any particular class. The haphazard way balance tweaks are handed out by the devs in this game, leaves some classes on top of the heap and others at the bottom patch by patch. And with each update it's a new thing that finds itself to be OP. The real things that one learns to "fear" are the broken cancerous builds that enable utter nonsense play styles. But for the most part of this games existence, barring the launch era vampire mag DKs, sorcs are the ones that have been consistently allowed to pull of some utterly cancerous nonsense. The other classes have had their days of utterly broken glory too, but it's the sorc that has always been on the top part of the heap.
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loading Screens.
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheat Engine.

ROFL this one really made me laugh!!

However, I usually avoid the class of the LOAD SCREEN. The load screen is the op-ness class out there. Kills me every time I encounter. I think there is a bit of cheat engine in use there though.
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I forgot to add the runners. That's always nice. They come up and hit you in the back and then run away when they realize that you really will stand and fight them. That's always fun. I don't know why, but every time I see them I think of Monty Python.

"ATTACK .... RUN AWAY RUN AWAY!!!!!"
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on NoCP camp (stamblade-procblade) or CP (magsorc).
    Edited by gepe87 on November 14, 2017 1:11PM
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language