The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Which is your most feared class in PVP?

• NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Well, this poll is interesting.

It seems the unavoidable burst from Stamdens and Stamblades is considered more dangerous than Sorc shields and avoidable burst, and MagDK's anti-vamp abilities and tankiness.

Also interesting to see how far behind the other classes are. Judging from that, no one's afraid of you, @NightbladeMechanics ...
    xP

giphy.gif
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina Warden

It seems the unavoidable burst from Stamdens and Stamblades is considered more dangerous than Sorc shields and avoidable burst, and MagDK's anti-vamp abilities and tankiness.

Also interesting to see how far behind the other classes are. Judging from that, no one's afraid of you, @NightbladeMechanics ...
    xP

giphy.gif

Have a Pikacookie!
    (^_^)-O
    <3
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

xP

giphy.gif

Have a Pikacookie!
    (^_^)-O
    <3

z4h0IGJ.gif
    Edited by NightbladeMechanics on November 18, 2017 4:25PM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina Warden
    (^_^)
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg... Too cute
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Ballzy321
    Ballzy321
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina Warden
    Where’s the load screen option
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭

Warden....
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you're going up against an incredibly good player I fail to see why so many of you fear facing Stam Wardens. Outside of the tree heal they lack the cheese other classes have like Fear and an Incap that kills your heals or PoL and undodgeable Jabs that permasnare. I think KodiPvP is just putting a lot of unwarranted fear in you lol.

Stamblade and Stamplars are both stronger 1v1 classes to face than Stamwarden unless you're running a class it counters well like MagSorc.

In a 1v1 a stamwarden burst (swing/sub/dawn) is an easy 15k+ dmg to a player. Don't get me wrong I'm not at all scared of the glass because I know the animation of the sub and what he's going to try and do so its pretty easy to see the combo coming and react accordingly. But the burst in on par with stamNB

Except that Dizzy Swing is one of the easiest abilities in the game to evade and Sub Assault has to be timed and lined up so while Stamwarden may have the potential for very high burst you have to actually land two of the most difficult skills to connect in the game which isn't easy when facing a high skill player that's jumping around kiting you with major expedition and roll dodging. By comparison with a Stamplar you can't dodge Power of the Light and Jabs unless you're simply outside the range. It's why you don't see many Dizzy Swingers winning dueling tournaments.
    Edited by Twohothardware on November 19, 2017 9:59PM
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Nightblade
    10 minute video as to why. Happened around Nov. 19? Yes my build extremely terrible. Thanks for noticing ;)
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    A well built, well played, Magicka Dragon Knight is my worst nightmare given physical form...

The constant, nonstop, flame attacks followed by continuously being rooted and immobilized is just too much...

I have a punchers chance against anyone else, but not these guys...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Templar
    I don't really fear any class after playing this crap game for so long, however there are certain builds I just hate to go up against and am super annoyed by. Like having a constant 15-20 DoTs and debuffs on me as a magdk and not being able to cleanse them while solo against multiple opponents.

Also certain playstyles and attitudes really bug me, like people that come at me solo and attempt to 1v1 and then wind up running into the arms of their nearest ally as soon as they realize I'm not a pushover.

However, I'm going to vote stamplar, because I got my ass kicked once or twice by a few stamplars during this patch.
    Edited by Akinos on November 22, 2017 1:22AM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • FrostFallFox
    FrostFallFox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    I don't know what it is but only against Magicka Dragonknights do I begin to struggle and can't heal myself enough compared to every other class.
    \(^-,,-^)/
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you dont fear a magic templar waiting for you to get complacent, with a 28k dark flare tooltip...theres somthing wrong with you
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most common ult on death recap in BGs: Ferocious Leap
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Warden

Yeah. They’re not doing too bad. They hurt and there are a lot of them. Was in a 2 -4 man PUG last week and there was a Zerg that would have 3 jump on you and some crit rush spam. Just nothing you could do
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Warden
    Baconlad wrote: »
    If you dont fear a magic templar waiting for you to get complacent, with a 28k dark flare tooltip...theres somthing wrong with you

Even if I choose not to bash the flare I’ve still got 3 weeks of travel time to decide if I can survive it
    Edited by Lexxypwns on November 24, 2017 5:19PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Yeah. They’re not doing too bad. They hurt and there are a lot of them. Was in a 2 -4 man PUG last week and there was a Zerg that would have 3 jump on you and some crit rush spam. Just nothing you could do

It's cool though, I'm super impressed to see a 6k leap against my build. That's gotta be a massive tooltip
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Warden
    technohic wrote: »

It's cool though, I'm super impressed to see a 6k leap against my build. That's gotta be a massive tooltip

Yeah. I think I’m generally happy with balance right now. Even saw a Stam Sorc do really awesome things. Any changes that could be made are not worth opening it up for the whining.
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other stamplars (I play that class maybe 60% of the time), and stamblades.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is true. You have DKs come in here and start whining and crying about their class. It has arguably the best survivability in game, and they have an incredibly cheap ult. Leap is straight up OP and cheap once you factor in its cost, and I will continue to acknowledge it as such.

It's true that Warden is simply a superior DK, but that does not mean that DK (both stam and mag) are not viable. Both are viable.

No, they're not stamden or stamplar. Stamden and stamplar are the two best classes- by far. But DK is viable and if built correctly, can fulfill a niche through use of leap and its survivability.

In fact any class can be played to be quite deadly, it depends most on player skill more than anything else (I am counting ability to put together a solid build as skill, it is).
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »

This is true. You have DKs come in here and start whining and crying about their class. It has arguably the best survivability in game, and they have an incredibly cheap ult. Leap is straight up OP and cheap once you factor in its cost, and I will continue to acknowledge it as such.

It's true that Warden is simply a superior DK, but that does not mean that DK (both stam and mag) are not viable. Both are viable.

No, they're not stamden or stamplar. Stamden and stamplar are the two best classes- by far. But DK is viable and if built correctly, can fulfill a niche through use of leap and its survivability.

In fact any class can be played to be quite deadly, it depends most on player skill more than anything else (I am counting ability to put together a solid build as skill, it is).

Kek. Leap is amazing, but that is honestly

DKs relying on block/tanking. Which gets nerfed repetitively, because zergbads can't instamow them down, no matter that dots and GB damage ignore it. Due to this they have lower damage (dots are for the most part laughable and purged away) and movability than most, and their entire burst relies on leap, an ult which hits as hard as sub.

Basically DK in its current state has worst damage (Unless you build full light burst MDK, but that has little defense) OK, but gradually weaker defense, and no defense outside blocking, which every class can do. The worst sustain, and worst mobility.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of them!
    I don't really take notice of what I'm up against, sure I can recognise obvs abilities aimed at me but thank goodness there various otherwise it would get a little boring so my build has a variety of counters or if I'm in a group I notice more what abilities they are using and swap some of my own for ones that aren't being used( not stupid skills ofc) making for a bit of unpredictability
    Edited by Kram8ion on November 25, 2017 5:25AM
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Warden
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Blanco wrote: »

Kek. Leap is amazing, but that is honestly

DKs relying on block/tanking. Which gets nerfed repetitively, because zergbads can't instamow them down, no matter that dots and GB damage ignore it. Due to this they have lower damage (dots are for the most part laughable and purged away) and movability than most, and their entire burst relies on leap, an ult which hits as hard as sub.

Basically DK in its current state has worst damage (Unless you build full light burst MDK, but that has little defense) OK, but gradually weaker defense, and no defense outside blocking, which every class can do. The worst sustain, and worst mobility.

Its crazy for being as bad off as you say, they are literally everywhere. Tonight it took me a while to get Templar kills even with a bunch of enemy wipes. Took a while to get NBs. DKs? I thought I had a kill player quest when I picked it up, went and had 2 good fights (one 3 way) and it was done. I can remember when they were the last you wanted because they were so tanky. Seems to be a lot of glass cannone DKs running around now.
    Edited by technohic on November 25, 2017 5:33AM
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kram8ion wrote: »
    All of them!
    I don't really take notice of what I'm up against, sure I can recognise obvs abilities aimed at me but thank goodness there various otherwise it would get a little boring so my build has a variety of counters or if I'm in a group I notice more what abilities they are using and swap some of my own for ones that aren't being used( not stupid skills off) making for a bit of unpredictability

lightning = sorc
    flames/leap = dk
    ganking and cloak = nb
    holy light type moves/jesus beam = temp
    critters/plants = warden

That's probably the simplest way to explain it.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamina Nightblade
    The sound of incap gives me shivers down my spine.

Buggy CC (sliding on floor for 1+ sec when CC breaking it)
    Major defile which can be boosted alot by befoul CP
    20% damage buff

I say no more
    EU | PC
  • ChildOfLight
    ChildOfLight
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina Warden
    StamWarden and Nb seem to be the only two classes in pvp. At least lately.

Players are really fast learning what's broken and exploit it.
    PC EU

Ross Campano - Imperial Dragonknight - Tanks and steals stuff from barrels
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Warden
    StamWarden and Nb seem to be the only two classes in pvp. At least lately.

Players are really fast learning what's broken and exploit it.

'Broken' and 'exploit' are such strong words - and very derogatory to use against those who understand the mechanics and put the effort and thought into a strong build.

Don't you mean people are really fast at learning what synergizes well and figuring how to use its strengths?

This is a big problem I have with mmo communities nowadays....

To me, broken was stuff like the TBS problem where you could have more munduses than you should be allowed. And exploiting is using that to gain a completely unintended (by the devs ) result.

A good build and playing it well is not ' exploiting'

Hard to see the real problems when terms like these are bandied around so much and so inappropriately.

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • ChildOfLight
    ChildOfLight
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina Warden
    Biro123 wrote: »
    'Broken' and 'exploit' are such strong words - and very derogatory to use against those who understand the mechanics and put the effort and thought into a strong build.

Don't you mean people are really fast at learning what synergizes well and figuring how to use its strengths?

This is a big problem I have with mmo communities nowadays....

To me, broken was stuff like the TBS problem where you could have more munduses than you should be allowed. And exploiting is using that to gain a completely unintended (by the devs ) result.

A good build and playing it well is not ' exploiting'

Hard to see the real problems when terms like these are bandied around so much and so inappropriately.

I am really surprised someone really thinks copy-pasting youtubers' builds is a great demonstration of hard guessworking and theorycrafting.

Truth is the vast majority of my encounters are StamNBs and every stamNB in cyrodill is running the same KODI's MAGNIFICENT PVP BUILD FOR OWNING YOUR OPPONENTS AND FEEL GREAT: EternalHunt , MasterBow, Asylum2H.

When every encounter is just the same, when everyone is able to make full use and derive benefit from[EXPLOIT] a clear flaw in the balance system and design, that really kills my interest and enjoy in playing pvp.

And that's too bad since it feels some part of all my PVE playing loses meaning too.
    Edited by ChildOfLight on November 25, 2017 12:32PM
    PC EU

Ross Campano - Imperial Dragonknight - Tanks and steals stuff from barrels
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Templar
    Based on duels. For me it's a tie between:

- Magicka Templar: AoEs, DoTs, Cleanse, BoL and general tankiness. A fight with them can last a while
    - Stamina DK: There are times when I can't even make a dent in their HP, yet they have no issues reducing mine
    - Magicka DK: Fire Damage due to me being a vampire

If I had to pick one of them, I would go with the Magplar mainly due to the purge they have
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NightbladeMechanics A+ for use of cute Pikachu gifs :)

As for me, it's a learn to play issue, but any stam class that uses dizzying swing/wrecking blow is the bane of my existence. It's the combination of the effect with the sound the skill makes, and I feel like a rag doll being tossed around, waiting for my death :sweat_smile: