Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Main Thread for Long Loading Screens

• jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    vvardenfell, entering tombs, rooms etc

intel i7 6700k and m2 ssd
  • ravendies
    ravendies
    ✭✭✭
    Seems the Devs left out a major point in the patch notes:
    The Infamous Loading Screen Boss has returned with a vengeance!!! LOL
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting timeout disconnects (PC-NA) trying to load characters, especially in Deshaan / Mournhold. Most are parked next to the master writ NPC.

It's been happening for the last couple of weeks, but it's been way worse since the weekend.

EDIT: And there we go...Error 303: Connection to the server has timed out. The game is virtually unplayable at the moment.
    Edited by OldManJim on February 14, 2018 6:59AM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC

Boot SSD but game is on HDD

any time im zoning, or just randomly in CRY-odiil (most often after dieing, however sometimes just when i was running around)

I5-5500k
    Edited by Orjix on February 14, 2018 3:08AM
  • Tinolyn
    Tinolyn
    ✭✭✭
    PC/NA

Long loading screen everywhere -- logging in, zoning within a zone, going to an instance.

Especially terrible trying to get into (or do anything in) Clockwork City or Vvardenfell. I'm just avoiding both until you do something about this.

EDIT: I am currently unable to finish a quest because I just sit at a loading screen. Emeric's Dream, if you are curious.
    Edited by Tinolyn on February 14, 2018 3:42AM
  • SaucyMcSauceface
    SaucyMcSauceface
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC/NA

i7-7700K

NVMe

Infinite loading screens in Cyroodil, almost every time when trying to res at a keep, and often when trying to port from one keep to another.
    Edited by SaucyMcSauceface on February 14, 2018 3:56AM
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/NA, also getting very long load screens when rezoning since update 17. Inconsistent, haven't figured out the pattern.
    SSD hd, i5 CPU with 16GB ram.
  • DarkLylith
    DarkLylith
    ✭✭✭
    PC EU&NA Long load screens on both. I run ESO on SSD. Only started with dragonbones patch. Longest loadscreen are going from zone to zone (Eg: Deshaan to Eastmarch) Not so bad if just porting to different wayshrine in same zone. Very long load screens in and out of battleground.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear God, they're worse than I've ever seen. I could eat a whole meal while waiting to zone into Clockwork!
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • gabormezo
    gabormezo
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm that loading screens took atleast twice as long on PC/EU. Zone switch, BG in/out, Cryo, all of them. I have a decent rig, and I run no addons atm. So it is a new bug definitely. So, please devs, don't even try to speed up loading ever, it just getting worse. Roll back to Morrowind, and stay there.
    Edited by gabormezo on February 14, 2018 7:25AM
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Character load takes a lot longer as well - maybe it is not just related to connecting with a zone, but a general issue with the responsiveness of asset servers. It takes sometimes as well quite some time for NPCs to react to a "talk" request and audio of their speech is as well delayed. Then I experienced that a lot more NPCs than before are missing at first and slowly fade in and their services are as well just delayed available. Same goes for NPC traders, which might just not react to a search request, if one does not wait a few seconds after the trade interface shows up.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These new improved loading times make me want to uninstall the game and come back in a few months.
    Seriously, what were you doing during testing? You ONLY make it progressively worse.
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time the game is patched, I receive an endless loading screen the first time I log in.

I have to close the game and restart it. Then it works.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same for me - PvE loading screens became a bit longer overall (from 5 sec average to 10 sec average), and awfully longer in Vvardenfell (from 5 sec average to 1 minute average). I also noticed same on PTS but I thought it's just some PTS bug and it won't be on live :/
    Just confirming we've seen these posts and have pinpointed what is causing this issue. We're working on getting this fixed as quickly as we can.

I noticed one improvement though... I have game behave differently after I travel to new zone.

- before CWC update, my character would be instantly loaded, NPCs loaded fast, other players were loading slowly and looking as black silhouettes
    - after CWC update, my character was invisible, other players were loading first (slowly) from black silhouettes, my own character and NPCs were loaded last and approximately at the some time
    - after Dragon Bones update, my character, other players and NPCs are loaded almost instantly (like 1-2 sec) and all at the same time. Also the issue when textures on NPCs and players would be blurred even if you look at them seems to have disappeared (for now). Even though I don't like new longer loading screens, I like fast appearance of characters and NPCs afterwards and I hope this part of update will stay even if you can fix long loading screens :'( It makes me feel like I have more powerful hardware at least at those moments :D

I was in Cyrodiil only few hours since update, and didn't notice change in length of loading screens for now (luckily they all were ~5 sec).
    Edited by Fischblut on February 14, 2018 10:12AM
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Adernath wrote: »
    Every time the game is patched, I receive an endless loading screen the first time I log in.

I have to close the game and restart it. Then it works.

The first time you start the game after a patch, it has to rebuild the shaders cache, it can take a couple of minutes.
  • Pendrillion
    Pendrillion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also troubles with the long wait... But gladly no disconnects yet and stable ping at 200-260 in populated outdoors areas...
    CPU AMD FX 4350 GPU Geforce 980 GTX 8 GB Ram

Edit: Concerning: PC/NA
    Edited by Pendrillion on February 14, 2018 9:45PM
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,

[*] Are you utilizing any sort of SSD?

Surely you guys aren't blaming SSD's which load data faster than old fashioned hard drives!
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Since Dragon Bones patch, the games takes 3 times as much to start! Every start, not just the first.

Furthermore, Cyrodil endless screens keep to happen. Sometimes I am "lucky" and the screen "just" lasts 5-6 minutes. So I find myself dead (we are in a PvP area after all) and have to ress and... guess what... another endless screen while I port to the respawn keep!,
    Other times I am not "as lucky" and I have to restart the game and redo the 30 minutes queue all over again.

Disgusting! I am playing ESO since open beta and I pay a sub to get this ridicolous service.
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... you know what's wrong and how to fix it, but I guess you'll just wait until next Monday to fix it? That's not exactly what I thought would happen.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... you know what's wrong and how to fix it, but I guess you'll just wait until next Monday to fix it? That's not exactly what I thought would happen.

Not to be a counter roll, but they said "We're working on getting this fixed as quickly as we can." It might well be something they can fix without taking the system down. Just brain storming here. :)
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • nathan_bri
    nathan_bri
    ✭✭✭✭

Look at me, Mister Internet Smart Guy who knows how everything should be done and on what timetable, especially when I misinterpret what was originally written.
  • necropola
    necropola
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, everyone. Just confirming we've seen these posts and have pinpointed what is causing this issue. We're working on getting this fixed as quickly as we can.
    This is an insult to everyone actually doing something quickly, because he or she cares.
    Also it's not "what" but "who" and we know who "who" is.
    I am the beginning. The end. The one who is many
    PC/MAC-EU, Radeon RX 580 GPU pass through + Win 10 x64 on Linux KVM/QEMU, 100 Mbit/s VDSL
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks again for your continued patience, and we'll be sure to give you another update when we get some news.

Patience? I lost my patience years ago with this load screen issue. If I recall and correct me if I an wrong there was a patch that was going to be introduced in Update 17 as a load screen fix. Guess that did not work or the patch was a bunch of white wash.
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nathan_bri wrote: »
    Look at me, Mister Internet Smart Guy who knows how everything should be done and on what timetable, especially when I misinterpret what was originally written.

Yep, I see now that it's my fault for thinking that this kind of issue deserves a 'within 24 hours' kind of fix when somebody says 'as quickly as possible'. Let me assure you that i won't make it again and will do my part to not support a company that thinks this is acceptable.
  • molecule
    molecule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    System: PC
    Processor: i5 4670k
    Zone: Any loading screen - Log-in / Wayshrine / Entering Dungeon seems OK/Normal
    Doing: Any loading screen - Start / Wayshrine
    SSD: Yes, Samsung 960 EVO
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    To give you all an update for today, we were able to implement a fix for the longer load screens mainly affecting Clockwork City and Vvardenfell, and we're in the process of testing. If all goes well, we'll include it in our patch next week.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To give you all an update for today, we were able to implement a fix for the longer load screens mainly affecting Clockwork City and Vvardenfell, and we're in the process of testing. If all goes well, we'll include it in our patch next week.

Now do the one where many Xbox players crash without fail every day in DLC areas.

I'll wait.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to hear the problem's already being tackled on the more populated zones :) (they're the busier ones from my experience, at least), but the problem doesn't limit itself to those. Hope your fix also applies to the older zones, as I was mainly running into the loading screens while questing in the Alik'r Desert and Bangkorai.
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Natches!
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you share with us what caused it?