The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Main Thread for Long Loading Screens

• Geekgirl
    Geekgirl
    ✭✭✭
    PC/NA this gives me hope.

I was afraid my laptop was dying. My load screens are long enough to allow me to make a coffee and come back and still wait...

My husband is experiencing the long load screens and disconnects.
    PC/NA - Perpetually casual. Furniture and fish collector. Lover of exploration and opener of urns.
    Maxed CPs, still no clue how to endgame, too much time opening urns, prolly.
    Eve Morrison - Templar DPS - Furniture Crafter/Maker of Arms - Co-op w/hubby/achievements/crafting
    Jilly Narraway - MagDK DPS - Delves/Dungeons/Dolmans - She murders ALL THE THINGS!
    Fynn the Lucky - Warden Tank -- Seer of things/Explorer of places - RP/Solo/Storyline/Completionist
    Siluna Southpaw - StamDK DPS slippery-fingered type/Murder hobo - RP/Solo/Storyline
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to admit, I haven't experienced a long/endless load screen in many months myself. Load time (especially on logon) are still much longer than they were in the early years, but I no longer encounter any 2+ minutes load screen like I'd often encounter about a year ago.

Still experiencing crashes/disconnects when entering an area with heavy combat in PvP however.
  • Granicus
    Granicus
    ✭✭✭
    PC/NA - In my experience long loading screens have tripled in time since the last patch (not checked the one this morning yet). And I’ve noticed in some DF loads that others have had an even longer load than me. A couple of times I’d wondered if they were ever going to load. None of this is likely anywhere near as bad as EU has been apparently, but it is definitely not a good trend.
    PC/NA
    PvE
    Intel I9-9900K
    32GB RAM
    2x 1TB Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 SSDs
    Nvidia RTX 2080 TI 11GB
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I usually don't have these load screen problems I always hear about but last night I had a bunch of issues. Forever loading screen, resulting in logout, then trouble reconnecting (saying I was already logged in, or that there was a connection error). PC NA. i7-6700K. SSD. I believe I was simply trying to travel via wayshrine when it happened.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am hoping that whatever it is about Mayhem that causes endless loading screens in PVE zones goes away next week...
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • OrionSamson
    OrionSamson
    ✭✭
    Extreme Loading Times!.... Enabled Mods or Disabled Mods Doesn't Matter! I have done everything short of complete Uninstall to Reinstalling the Game... Would leave my Specs but can not upload the Direct X Dialog to you so....
  • Keledus
    Keledus
    ✭✭✭
    loading screens get longer after every update, it's bad.
    PC - EU
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    November 2017 post, it's Jun 2020 and I'm still waiting for the updates on this especially after the long wait involving last year's roadmap for "performance improvements". Any news?
  • Eifleber
    Eifleber
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My loading screen duration usually is acceptable .. if it wasn't that it sometimes gets stuck infinitely and I have to hard stop the program manually.

Playing since dec 2019 | PC EU
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No loading screen is acceptable
    more so the loading screen for no reason - and they are no longer PvP only (Vivic City, Craglorn worst), but they are silly common in Northern Cyrodil - every 5-20secs
    or the PC-EU Hamster is dead (yet again ones)

Edited by Gythral on June 28, 2020 8:42AM
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno maybe make a main thread for short loading screens now.
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »
    No loading screen is acceptable
    more so the loading screen for no reason - and they are no longer PvP only (Vivic City, Craglorn worst), but they are silly common in Northern Cyrodil - every 5-20secs
    or the PC-EU Hamster is dead (yet again ones)

You will never get away from loading screens in this game. Moving from zone to zone is always going to require a loading screen. Entering buildings, and other areas separated from the main zone, will always require a loading screen.

These less-than-a-second loading screens that are popping up are a different story and are for a different reason. As I recall, ZOS added them to the game a few years back, and yes, they can happen in any zone. From what I remember, they are there because the client and server are out of sync and the loading screen is there until that is resolved, which usually takes less than a second.

Yes, they are very annoying, and why I am not participating in Cyrodiil. especially around the EP and EP-DC borders.
  • DTStormfox
    DTStormfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e4726e4b443658a32e4e25c0aa8d14c7cddc2fd7ab3&rid=giphy.webp
    Please wait while this comment is loading
    Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
    Veteran PvP player

• Gylzyn
    Gylzyn
    ✭✭✭
    I have previously played MMOs, the main one recently being Lord of the Rings Online which I played until last Christmas for nearly 10 years, playing full endgame, so I have experienced large group playing. My computer is a gaming one and recent. My broadband is fibre-to-the-home and a speed test this afternoon showed 145MBps download. I have been playing ESO since Christmas and so far have done things mostly solo, including dungeons where I can. This afternoon I thought I would join a group for the Midyear Mayhem in order, largely, to survive (PvP is not something I overly enjoy but I will have a go - isn't that the idea!) and also to try to get style pages from bosses, etc. I joined a reasonably large group in Imperial City. Suddenly I started getting ridiculously long loading screens as I moved between districts so I thought I would measure their timing. I measured 20. The shortest was just over a minute. The longest was nearly 2 minutes. When I got past the loading screen I had died to enemy players a third of the time. When I tried to re-spawn at one of the safe spots in the same district, I got another long loading screen. The only good thing from this experience was that I had collected all of the dailies from others sharing. And, whilst waiting for the loading screens I managed to complete almost all of the dailies (by the other players) without me doing anything! Are these loading screens normal?
  • emeraldshado
    emeraldshado
    ✭✭✭
    Launch PS4.
    Generally the issue of long loading screens is only in cyrodil, for my anyway.

250G SATA Solid state.

Yesterday, Malacath, ~40 people at Roebeck, I was in northern gate. I took the transitus shrine from northern gate down to Alessia, to try and get to the party . it felt like it took me 2 minutes to load there, it was "longer than normal"

There are a couple of instances where running along the ground would result in mini load screens, like west of burma for example, and other instances where using the elevation to jump to continue distance / speed on minor cliffs and hitting a load screen would indefinable freeze you in place in the air. The player who jumped would see a loading screen, and the friends would see them chilling there, standing as if on flat ground, in mid air, on their mount. there is 1 location for this east , south east Chalman , between Arrius and Chalman. This is on PS4. and you're not going to get many bug reports for it, as the player model is frozen in place but they can't use their UI due to a contigious loading screen, and other players wont run up to them to create a bug report as they don't want to get the infinite circle either.

yesterday a couple people got loading screens and were placed back at northern morrowwind gate, presumably they were on the ground and not floating in the air, they did not give that detail, nor did i ask at the time, busy killing / being killed.

sometimes loading into the enchanted snow globe takes extra long too.

zoned into normal asylum sanctum yesterday, no issues.
  • WySoSirius
    WySoSirius
    ✭✭✭✭
    whats the point of a Midyear mayhem event , if you are mostly in load screens for the duration????
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WySoSirius wrote: »
    whats the point of a Midyear mayhem event , if you are mostly in load screens for the duration????

Less work for the poor EU hamster if every player is watching a loading screen... :wink:
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lambert did mention in a stream chat recently that they think they have a fix for loading screens. He did not elaborate further, other than to say it could be in a future patch.
  • JoLeSi
    JoLeSi
    ✭✭
    Running a brand new MBP - i7, 16GB Memory, SSD, AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4GB - and while I more often than not make it to character selection, my request for character load ALWAYS takes me back to login. No error message, nothing. This started sometime since last Friday as this is the first time I've tried playing since then, and had had no issues for a while. This particular issue is new.
    Long Live the King!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JoLeSi wrote: »
    Running a brand new MBP - i7, 16GB Memory, SSD, AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4GB - and while I more often than not make it to character selection, my request for character load ALWAYS takes me back to login. No error message, nothing. This started sometime since last Friday as this is the first time I've tried playing since then, and had had no issues for a while. This particular issue is new.

This probably requires a ticket to customer support.
  • JoLeSi
    JoLeSi
    ✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Cool, so I can't play then. The Game Consultant refuses to work so I can't attach the file, therefore I can't submit a ticket.
    Edited by JoLeSi on July 9, 2020 11:58AM
    Long Live the King!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Cool, so I can't play then. The Game Consultant refuses to work so I can't attach the file, therefore I can't submit a ticket! Yay! Uninstalling, I guess.

Sounds like you might have more problems than just the game logging you out during character loading. Have you tried repairing?

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3330

• thegreat_one
    thegreat_one
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had one infinite load screen in cyro, After turning off my non-Pvp related addons, it never happened again.
    Infinite loads Only happen when I'm in a group.

How about those tiny ones that roam free in the northern parts of cyrodiil?
  • JoLeSi
    JoLeSi
    ✭✭
    Edited by JoLeSi on July 27, 2020 4:51PM
    Long Live the King!