Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Main Thread for Long Loading Screens

• Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think stuff like this will ever go away unless they majorly or completely rewrite the damn rendering part of the piece of sh.. frankenstein engine the game runs on.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember when PVE in zone loading screens were considered a problem by ZOS and were troubleshot/resolved.

So, anyone wandered abound WAYREST lately?
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    Today, for the first time in my life, I had loading screen INSIDE DESHAAN!!!!

How's that even possible?? Going from enchanter shop to blacksmith (10 seconds trip).

It's been going on, in numerous busy areas.

ZOS usta consider this a problem, and it's something they would work on.. now it's a feature? like animation canceling ;)

Seriously go to WAYREST and wander around, you can get several when walking between the UNDAUNTED area and the blacksmith.
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a game that requires a loading screen for nearly everything, they are unbearably long. It is to the point that I cringe every time I have to change zones. It is like I am back playing Skyrim on the Xbox 360. Yes the loading times are that long!
    PS4 Pro NA
  • bethsheba
    bethsheba
    ✭✭✭
    Lets hope that the fix for the next patch also helps for PVP. Each time when I leave dungeon in cryo it needs ~2 min to go out:

The client hangs always between this 2 line:

2018-02-17T16:27:52.700+01:00 Load Screen - Waiting On: CHARACTER_GEOMETRY, FIXTURE_ASSETS, DYNAMIC_OBJECTS, TEXTURES, CHARACTER_ACTIVATED,
    2018-02-17T16:27:58.325+01:00 Load Screen - CHARACTER_GEOMETRY Complete
    2018-02-17T16:27:58.325+01:00 Load Screen - Waiting On: FIXTURE_ASSETS, DYNAMIC_OBJECTS, TEXTURES, CHARACTER_ACTIVATED,
    2018-02-17T16:29:22.706+01:00 Load Screen - FIXTURE_ASSETS Complete
    2018-02-17T16:29:22.706+01:00 Load Screen - Waiting On: TEXTURES, CHARACTER_ACTIVATED,

• bethsheba
    bethsheba
    ✭✭✭
    I hope everyone is blasting the bug report in game tool as well as here. This is ridiculous
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    please fix the __________ load screens
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Elf_Boy
    Elf_Boy
    ✭✭✭
    I have been experiencing very long loads at random, dont see a pattern as yet. Will update this post if I do.

Ryzen 1800x
    Mobo Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VI
    Boot Drive is an m.2 sata 3 (pcie based)
    Game Drive is an m.2 NVME x4 (on motherboard)
    32 gb ddr4 3000
    GTX 980 ti 6gb

** Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Ryzen 1800x, 64GB DDR4 @ 3000, GTX 1080 ti, 4K Samsung 3d Display m.2 Sata 3 Boot Drive, m.2 x4 nvme Game Drive **
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Load screen is reapear's march takes a few mins, and battleground load screens can have you sitting for 5 mins at least.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pc eu extremely long screen yesterday

In bg everytime i respawn long loading screen. Overland no problem

This happened not ine one but 4 bg in a raw

Last one got me kicked due to inactivity (loading screen) got a 16min no queue penalty. Got angry at BG and went PVP where i had no issue at all
  • stvwhitewalker
    stvwhitewalker
    ✭✭✭
    xbox eu
    I'm hoping that these are still being read by the powers that be as these long loading's are still more happening maybe fingers crossed the planned maintenance will mend this as that's what maintenance is for fixing things that are broke
    my lls was from mal bor to elden root 11.20 am gmt
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XBox One X is the console I'm playing on.

The first loading screen issue I have is the near 2 minutes it takes just to start the game. 15.2 million logos, a speed bump to "Play", then another speed bump to get to character selection.

So far, the only loading screen issue I have (and this was with the XBox One as well) is with Rawl'kha. Unless I walk into the city, any other method takes longer than most.

Side note: I only returned to playing last week, so my experience has been based on load screen times since the game was released (not counting the first two weeks of actual release - my goodness, those were trying days).
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.3k worth of posts, zero effort to fix issues, minimum effort to communicate (poor community managers are in a "rock in a hard place"). And now a enforced free2play expensive gambling game model

Think zos is giving zero ####s about the quality of service (or lack of) they provide
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wherever you did this morning - revert it!
    Now it's weeks online for a move around a zone
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I figure'd I'd post this here as it might be related but ever since update 17 dropped when I steal from NPCs they now rubberband themselves. I'll steam then the NPC will continue to walk a few paces then be ported back, it will be facing one way but the game registers it as facing a different way and when trying to use the Blade of Woe they will continue walking and I'll do the animation in mid air and then they'just drop. Nothing on my end has changed and I had no issues previously while stealing around Tamriel.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously the PC-EU server now has loading screens so long I can make and drink a coffee waiting to move around Vvardenfell, this has become much worse since Tues 'Server Fix'
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU PC
    i7-4770
    R9 270 AMD

Got into a dungeon via dungeon finder.
    I'm 5 minutes in the loading screens

This happens frequently after maintenence
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Vanya
    Vanya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A summary ~

I have't had any unpleasant, insufferable unbelievably Long Loading Screen times since the very start of my Adventures.

I have been recording the game since March 14th If I recall the correct date, even at the peak Twas perhaps 30 seconds - 40 seconds with Multiple tabs open,Uploading another video on You-tube and recording another in the same time

I'v re-checked my latest video. Requesting Character Load 10 seconds the longest I've had. Login in within Deshaan/Capital pf the Ebonheart pact ~ Mournhold 38+10 {Requesting Log in} and 38 seconds on title screen The precise duration. Maximum , At the moment is 48 seconds.

Either I am indeed Blessed by Vivec or Eight or insanely Lucky Duck. I never had a crash except one memorable Connection loss in Eastmarch. Zero freezes,Delays,Glitches,Skill locks, nothing at all. 40 videos recorded with succession flawlessly,no data corruption.

Barely any lag at my side unless witnessing substantial number of players amassed at Dolmens For instance. An exception. Satisfied with FPS.

Steam Client. PC{EU} Megaserver,Realm. Though there might be some blessing from the Steam xD I've heard a few users even dare to use it for unknown reasons. Often I do not believe in rumours,Nearly never! Go steam!

I've just re-checked another video Alki'rs Desert log in less than 18 seconds.

Windows 10 64 bit
    Radeon RX 480 Graphics 8 GB RAM
    i5-6500 CPU

Maybe the "Steam" has a Dwemer technology secretly installed xD Superior Dwarven Valves!

Twh6vEj.jpg

Dnds1DU.jpg

f2JKE34.png

aDk9Y3n.jpg

Edited by Vanya on March 26, 2018 8:01PM
  • Geroken777
    Geroken777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're back in Wrothgar everywhere. Lovely.

PC EU

EVGA GTX 970, Ryzen 7 1800X, w10 64bit
    Edited by Geroken777 on April 6, 2018 1:35PM
    The self-righteous shall choke on their sanctimony.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They are just back PC/EU

just how long can you keep running in a backwater Datacentre on pre-Noah kit?
  • LKane
    LKane
    ✭✭
    Possible fix.

Install Process Hacker (it's on SourceForge) (further - PC)
    Periodically drop RAM

PC -> System information -> Memory -> More -> Empty Working Sets, Empty modified page list, Empty Standby List

I usually do this just before porting.
  • Heka Cain
    Heka Cain
    ✭✭✭
    Potato connected to a lemon with copper wire!
  • RichD62
    RichD62
    ✭✭
    I am getting hour long character loading screens. Possible it is just the internet service I have to use this week. Maybe not since I get to character select just about as fast as I do at home. Not sure what the in game performance will be since I can't get a toon to load. PC/NA
    Uthbert the Inept.
    Guild Master of Hlaalu Trading Company
  • jkolb2030
    jkolb2030
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, this thread needs to be resurrected because the loading times are getting atrocious again.

Where as i haven't been getting infinite loading screens/crashes to dashboard as often as earlier this year, the load screens are beginning to last up to 5-10 minutes on character load and zone travel. This is also not "occasional" , it is every single load screen claiming to be "an unusually long load time".

@ZOS_GinaBruno could you please re-visit this issue with the team?

XB1
    NA Server
    Edited by jkolb2030 on April 10, 2018 12:45PM
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey everyone,

We’d like to explain what happened to cause the recent issue with long loading screens, and what we’re doing to make sure it doesn’t happen again. The source of the long loading screens came down to a bug we introduced in the Clockwork City DLC.

So, what was the bug? In Update 16, we added in a new system that refined the character texture loading pipeline as part of our ongoing effort to increase performance and framerate in high-intensity situations (such as in Cyrodiil and densely-populated cities). Unfortunately, this new pipeline was causing some character textures to get lost, which was causing the load screen to never drop because there were still textures that need to be loaded.

While we continue to work on fixing this issue fully, we’re going to be making two changes to an upcoming incremental patch. First, we’re going to be reverting to the old pipeline which doesn’t have this issue, but may affect how quickly you see other characters loading in (this will essentially be the same as it was before Clockwork City). Further, we’re introducing a new failsafe that will force your load screen to drop after two minutes if it is only waiting on textures. This patch is currently with first party certification for testing; the patch for PlayStation 4 and PC/Mac will be published next Tuesday, November 28. The patch for Xbox One requires a bit more time with first party certification, and we’re targeting a publish during the week of December 4.

In the future when we have a more permanent fix, we plan to re-enable the new pipeline because it makes for better game performance, but when we do that, we’ll be adding the equivalent of a switch on our side that we can turn off (to fall back to the old system) if we see these kinds of issues crop up again, rather than make you wait for another patch.

We sincerely apologize for the disruption this has caused, and we will endeavor to make sure that problems like these aren’t introduced in the future when adding new systems or making performance enhancements.

So will console ever get this performance update from November 2017
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    I have longer loading screens this evening especially DLC zones and Morrowind.
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And this is still a thing :|
  • TiberiusTryton
    TiberiusTryton
    ✭✭✭
    Are they back? In Cyrodiil currently waiting on load screens.....
  • Dolnor
    Dolnor
    ✭✭✭
    I usually shut down all Windows 10 background functions that are not required prior to entering any online game. I disable Windows Update, Update Orchestrator for Windows, Xbox Server Auth, etc. prior to loading the game. But I also have a slow 6mbs (mega-bits-per-second) DSL so streaming the packets also are factored in.

My computer doesn't support SSD (AHCI...10 yo computer) so I am running a RAID with 2x1tb WD Black drives. My Ram is 8gb DDR3. My video card is MSi GTX 1050Ti w/4gb DDR5.

All in all, I don't get abnormal lag or long loading screens relative-speaking. If my ISP starts lagging out my connection, I will have rubber-banding and will have to log out, reboot the modem, and log back in to correct.

Example of my loading times. Yes, they are OMG-LONG compared to yours. This is a video from Sept 2017 reporting bots...but it does show loading times. It also shows I only have 2 characters...Elondra was only used during the closed beta testing!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhTMa5LoRMc

NA Megaserver, I play off-hours for here in the USA (I'm in So. Cal) of 12midnight to 6am.

I don't have the financial means to get a better system.

TQQdles™
    Edited by Dolnor on April 14, 2018 10:04AM
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just left Cyrodiil. Vivic NA server east coast U.S 4:50PM. Ported from Warden to Bleakers and went into game lockup followed by crash followed by Constant load screens followed by Unable to Connect To Server for 5 minutes and I mean 5 minutes. Finally ended up back at the Cyrodiil DC safe zone.

This crap has been going on for years. I for one am tired of ZOS's lies about working on the Cyrodiil issues. Famous line "We will be implementing some fixes next update" ya my arse.