Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Main Thread for Long Loading Screens

• MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lnsane wrote: »
    To give you all an update for today, we were able to implement a fix for the longer load screens mainly affecting Clockwork City and Vvardenfell, and we're in the process of testing. If all goes well, we'll include it in our patch next week.

Glad to hear the problem's already being tackled on the more populated zones :) (they're the busier ones from my experience, at least), but the problem doesn't limit itself to those. Hope your fix also applies to the older zones, as I was mainly running into the loading screens while questing in the Alik'r Desert and Bangkorai.

Yeah, I read War and Peace while waiting to zone into Hew's Bane last night.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Theodard
    Theodard
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I read War and Peace while waiting to zone into Hew's Bane last night.

Yeah but you also did that because of how much you enjoy that book.

• Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    Adernath wrote: »
    Every time the game is patched, I receive an endless loading screen the first time I log in.

I have to close the game and restart it. Then it works.

The first time you start the game after a patch, it has to rebuild the shaders cache, it can take a couple of minutes.

I thought so, but once or twice I waited and after around 15 minues I got dropped to the game login screen.
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is this issue of ridiculously long login screens affects the entire game...not just two zones!! I've noticed it since the previous patch!! Does it have something to do with launcher update? it's crazy!!!!
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • wrrn519_ESO
    wrrn519_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I was in the public dungeon with my wife and I could not leave for a day or so. Finally it let me out after about 15 minute loading screen of death but I did not deter and let it load and it finally let me out. The wife did not have much of an issue like that but she did have a very long load screen. PC for me and Mac for her.
  • Bazeric
    Bazeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    They're back for me. Still waiting to zone into Glenumbra.
    Looking for broken things in hopes they may be fixed. I've given up, my game literally works differently from yours.
    64M+ AP across 9 toons... kinda makes me a GO
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lnsane wrote: »
    To give you all an update for today, we were able to implement a fix for the longer load screens mainly affecting Clockwork City and Vvardenfell, and we're in the process of testing. If all goes well, we'll include it in our patch next week.

Glad to hear the problem's already being tackled on the more populated zones :) (they're the busier ones from my experience, at least), but the problem doesn't limit itself to those. Hope your fix also applies to the older zones, as I was mainly running into the loading screens while questing in the Alik'r Desert and Bangkorai.

Yeah, it's not region specific - it happens as well in less crowded regions.
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bazeric wrote: »
    They're back for me. Still waiting to zone into Glenumbra.

Yeah, it's not like the issue isn't everywhere, but it's really bad for some areas.They'll put a plaster on it alright, but don't expect a proper fix.
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get server timeout disconnects even when trying to load from the character select screen into housing (Hakkvild's High Hall).

So it's not necessarily a population error.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What about Cyrodil?
    I am a 99% PvE player, but the 1% I do PvP, I get absurd loading screens every day. I get annoyed more playing this 1% PvP than the 99% PvE!
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    Every time the game is patched, I receive an endless loading screen the first time I log in.

I have to close the game and restart it. Then it works.

The first time you start the game after a patch, it has to rebuild the shaders cache, it can take a couple of minutes.

I thought so, but once or twice I waited and after around 15 minues I got dropped to the game login screen.

That's another issue. Sometimes the server fails to "grab you up" in the zone you are meant to spawn in.
    In elder games (Doom!!! and others), we had "Unix like" text scrolling up and showing the exact operation the game was performing. In case of crash, it was easy to pinpoint the exact spot. Now it's covered by pictures and you have to look at the log file.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To give you all an update for today, we were able to implement a fix for the longer load screen

Started off with about 4min load screen on my 119mbs line using the medium textures. Switched to low textures as I had seen the thread on Cyrodill that said it had helped them with lag. It did cut the load time by roughly half.

Logged on another character in the same zone, Vvardenfell and had about a 3 minute load. Checked, still on low textures, relogged and found time was cut in about half after having that first time character load.

I have 13 characters now, they all reacted the same. So why is the UI video control account wide but the zone load info per character? Least seems to be, if this is the case then there is no wonder the game lags. Streamlined code runs much better than bloatware. Zone shaders , textures and other video quality should all be account wide.

This may not be all the problem but it looks to be a contributing factor.

PS: having to run in Low settings is unacceptable. I don't have to be maxed out and don't but I do like a bit higher than low.
    Edited by Grimm13 on February 15, 2018 12:39AM
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • DMBCML
    DMBCML
    ✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,

We’re creating this thread so there’s a central place to have discussions and provide updates on the long loading screens that many of you have been experiencing. We know this issue is extremely frustrating, and for some, ""snip..snip""

As of now, our only update is that our engineers and programmers are still working to pin point exactly what’s causing this. Until we know, we won’t be able to put in a fix. As for what you can do to help…
    • Let us know which system and megaserver you’re on if you’re currently having this issue.
        NA
      • If you’re on PS4, please specify if you’re on a regular PS4 or PS4 Pro. PC
      • If on Xbox, please specify if you’re using an Xbox One, Xbox One S, or Xbox One X.

• If you’re a PC player, let us know what sort of processor you’re running.

Intel i7-6700xq
    • Is there any specific area or zone you consistently see a long loading screen?

No specific area.
    • What are you doing when you experience a long loading screen?
        Changing characters, or reloading the same character, or using the way shrines.
      • I.e.: Using a wayshrine, resurrecting, looting, etc.
    • Are you utilizing any sort of SSD?

Yes, we have SSD running in the default configuration.
    • If you play on Xbox, is the game installed on the internal hard drive or an external hard drive?
    • If you’re on PS4, are you using the first party hard drive or a replacement?
    Thanks for your patience on this, everyone. To reiterate, our priority right now is fixing this issue as soon as we can. We’ll provide updates in this thread as we receive them.

• Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh we have to put up with the mess for several more days. Why not do a hotfix. ZOS your game support is really lacking.
  • Nucklez
    Nucklez
    ✭✭
    System: PC
    Processor: i7-6700k
    RAM: 16GB
    SSD: Yes, Samsung 120GB M.2 nVME for OS (Windows 10 1709).
    SSD: Steam and ESO is installed on a 1Tb Seagate Hybrid.

Zone: Seems to happen more in Vardenfell than anywhere else
    Doing: Leaving Vardenfell is accectable, less than 30 seconds. Going to Vardenfell is a guaranteed minute + at least. Enough time to go get more drink, use the restroom come back and it's still loading.
    Also have had a handfull of infinite load screens, but not enough to remember where they were. Will update if it happens again.

Notes: I use Windows Defender for AV, and have excluded the Steamapps directory to cut down on disk usage while gaming. I've had other games where this is required so I tried it here and it didn't help.
    Edited by Nucklez on February 15, 2018 2:14AM
  • di_rty
    di_rty
    ✭✭✭
    System: PC NA
    Processor: FX-8350
    Zone: Vvardenfell and Clockwork City
    Doing: Wayshrine/teleport into those 2 areas
    SSD: Yes, ADATA SSD
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix this problem now. I am sick and tired of looking at an ESO icon in the lower left corner of my screen for 45 sec to over a minute to get from one zone to another or to enter or leave a dungeon. I am getting ready to just walk away from this game and check back when the problem has been resolved. I will go back and play BDO where you do not have to deal with this crap.

Another point I would like to make is the new DLC and update created this extensive load screen problem so why ask what players were doing or what their systems are. It doesn't matter where they were in your game or what they are doing the problem is game wide. Wake up. The problem is on your end like it always has been.

I can see why console players are begging you not to implement this new DLC and update until all problems are worked out.
    ZOS your desire to implement new content without extensive QA testing and bug fixes has created one big pain in the arse for your players. There is no excuse for your actions and it seems you cannot learn from your mistakes.

Prior to this new DLC and update I had no load screen problems going into Clockwork City or Vvanderfel and any where in the game for that matter. The exception was in Cyrodiil depending on the campaign during prime time which has had a load screen nightmare that you cannot get a handle on for years.
    Edited by Palidon on February 15, 2018 9:43AM
  • Kokor_hekkus
    Kokor_hekkus
    Soul Shriven
    EU-server
    Ryzen7 1700
    Area:Clockwork City
    Jumping between Wayshrines: 96-100 sec
    Random jump to Wayshrine: 105-113 sec
    Normal time for these is 35-40 sec
    System disk: NV Me Samsung SSD 960 500Gig, free space ca 45%
    Internet connection Fiber 100/10
    Just adding to Your statisics
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC-NA

AMD A6-3600 APU Processor
    8GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series
    1024 MB Video RAM
    Memory Bandwidth 76.8 GByte/s

Cable Modem 114.65 Mbps/ 13.48 Mbps
    Latency 10ms

Login, Port to Wayshrine, Port to Player, Zone through doors.

Vvardenfell (one quest had 4 zones to go through doors to get to NPC, each was about 3 minutes)
    CWC
    Bankoari
    House: Mournoth

The more populated an area the worse it is. Vvardenfell I saw an improvement around the 2 - 4 am EST as had a lot fewer people on, even less with the steam issue.

Not on Steam. I use the launcher.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Dysturbed
    Dysturbed
    ✭✭✭
    8 minutes so far trying to get in to Balizors Tower/
  • Path
    Path
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC NA
    Intel Core i7-4770k CPU@ 3.5GHz
    16 GB RAM
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Hardwired. Cable.
    Not on Steam.

Slow while initially loading the game.
    Slow when using Wayshrines to all destinations.
    Using SSD for OS and GPU software. Game is not on SSD.
    Edited by Path on February 16, 2018 12:14AM
    Fairy Tales Really Do Come True...Kinda.
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Load screens for every zone are atrocious tonight.
  • Navras
    Navras
    ✭✭✭
    Let us know which system and megaserver you’re on if you’re currently having this issue.

PC-EU
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise
    Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32,0 GB

Model Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
    Model ST3000DM001-1ER166

Eso is installed on the 3TB non SSD drive
    Not using STEAM

Is there any specific area or zone you consistently see a long loading screen?
    What are you doing when you experience a long loading screen?

Loading takes usually 15 to 30 seconds if I'm already in-game, which sounds more than acceptable to me.
    What is taking forever is often the first logon of the day, which may take up to 7/8 minutes.

Cheers, thanks

EU-PC
    cp 1500+
    Flawless Conqueror & Spirit Slayer

Main: Templar
    Alt: Stamblade, StamDK
  • Darcwolf
    Darcwolf
    ✭✭✭
    PC-NA

8700k @4.9GHz
    Samsung evo 960 nvme drive 500GB with 150gb free
    gtx 1080ti
    16GB of 3200mhz ram

300 down 10 up connection wired

Playing the game in 4k max settings, always runs at 60 fps no problem, but I timed it tonight while questing in clockwork city, a minute and 40 seconds just to load the brass fortress. When I load up other zones it's a little under 15 seconds. I could understand if I was doing this on low end hardware, but there is no reason at all to take that long to load on my pcs specs
    Edited by Darcwolf on February 16, 2018 9:11AM
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My question is why do players always have to wait for a possible and I say possible fix in ZOS' next patch. In this case at least a week before the nightmare load screen problem with Vvanderfel and Clockwork City to include other areas of the game might be fixed. Game support is way below standard when it comes to ZOS. So as usual they ask where did the problem happen, what were you doing and your computer specs as they shuffle thru layers of bugged game code trying to find the problem. Funny a lot of this crap going on now was not happening prior to the new DLC and Update. So again new content was released before being thoroughly tested and the bugs ironed out. And again the players have to suffer because of it.
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The load screens are now to the point where I can no longer do my writs. It takes 3-5 minutes per login attempt and half the time it reaches the end of the loading process only to boot me back to login. It just isn't worth it to do writs on my 8 characters until this is fixed... if it ever will be. This is extremely disappointing, though, since writs were my primary source of income, and now I'm kind of screwed.

It's to the point where if I actually manage to log in with a character I dread the thought of swapping to an alt and starting the attempt to log in and repeated disconnects at the end of massive loading screens all over again.

Also, hearing about a fix for Vvardenfell and Clockwork City isn't reassuring considering I haven't gone to those regions at all since the patch. The load screens are just as bad in Craglorn, the base game zones, and my houses. So...

Edited by bellatrixed on February 16, 2018 10:02AM
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Porting to dlc zones take long time. Porting to Vvardenfell take extremely long time now.
  • RemiNatuRe
    RemiNatuRe
    ✭✭
    System: PC Windows 10 x64 Professional
    Processor: Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake Socket-LGA1151, Quad Core 4.0GHz
    Zone: Most zones. Clockwork City is very slow.
    SSD: Samsung 850 PRO 2TB SSD
    EU - Reminator Templar Heal Veteran 14 / Champion 140 (inactive march2014-june2015)
    NA - Alpha Remi - Nightblade Stamina DPS Champion 810 (active June 2017 -present)

PC

NA EP @AlphaRemi Active
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Server: PC/NA
    - CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.0GHz
    - RAM: 32GB
    - GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1080
    - OS Storage: 512GB Samsung 950 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD
    - ESO Storage: 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
    - Connection (wired): 50Mbps download / 5Mbps upload

Since the latest update log and travel times are significantly longer than before. I've tested logging in/out with/without addons and the difference is only a couple of seconds. I've only tested logging and traveling of these zones because that's where my characters are parked.

Log location and time:
    - Deshaan/Mournhold (in): ~45 seconds
    - Deshaan/Mournhold (out): ~10 seconds
    - Vvardenfell/Vivec (in): ~2 minutes
    - Vvardenfell/Vivec (out): ~10 seconds

Wayshrine travel location and time:
    - From Deshaan/Mournhold to Vvardenfell/Vivec: ~2 minutes
    - From Vvardenfell/Vivec to Deshaan/Mournhold: ~10 seconds

Glad to see you have a possible fix already. Logging into 13/14 characters parked in Vvardenfell just to train mounts was becoming a real nightmare. I guess I'll move them all to another location until this fix is applied.
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA. SSD

Fix please. BGs are taking forever to load.