Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Main Thread for Long Loading Screens

• WhisperLFE
    WhisperLFE
    ✭✭✭
    PC NA. Have noticed this since the latest patch as well, when traveling via any means (e.g., wayshrine, doors) into the overland areas in both Clockwork City and Vvardenfell. Less noticeable when traveling from overland areas into the smaller sub-zones (e.g., planetarium or wellspring in CC).
  • Geroken777
    Geroken777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As people noted above, there are long loading screens in Vvardenfell as well as Clockwork city.
    The self-righteous shall choke on their sanctimony.
  • smacky
    smacky
    ✭✭✭
    I am experiencing this issues in Auridon, just going between 3 Dolmen's and there only appears to be at most 4 other players in the area.
  • Sweetare
    Sweetare
    ✭✭✭
    For the love of Vivec, fix these loading times. Had to park my toons somewhere else cause Vvanderfell was driving me crazy.
  • nathan_bri
    nathan_bri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still two minutes to into into Vvardenfell from the characters screen on every character parked there this morning. Anything past 30 seconds is unacceptable for a modern MMO and 15 seconds should be the goal, no matter where your character happens to be. Remember that World of Warcraft can get you in in less than 15 seconds in nearly every case. Sometimes, it takes less than 8 seconds.
  • deano469
    deano469
    ✭✭✭
    smacky wrote: »
    I am experiencing this issues in Auridon, just going between 3 Dolmen's and there only appears to be at most 4 other players in the area.

Same here. PC/NA.

Trying to do the dolmen run was impossible today.
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the time getting from one zone to another takes more than a minute. This happens constantly since the server went back online after the patch.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Loading screens are much worse now, both in Cyrodiil and Pve zones.
    Server: PC Europe
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Please fix it or revert the changes you made in the last patch until this is resolved.

Thank you :)
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Adventurer
    Adventurer
    ✭✭✭
    PC EU, I couldn't even login yesterday - haven't tried today.

I tried logging in 3x times, each time I had the loading screen for 10-15 minutes before exiting the game and trying again. The first time I think I let it on for about 20-25 minutes.

Usually it always takes me longer to get into the game after a new DLC, however this time it looked like it was stuck.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] Let us know which system and megaserver you’re on if you’re currently having this issue.
    PC NA
    [*] If you’re a PC player, let us know what sort of processor you’re running.
    i7 4790K @4Ghz, 32GB
    [*] Is there any specific area or zone you consistently see a long loading screen?
    It's happening frequently for me now, whereas it almost never used to. Vvardenfell and CWC I remember clearly but it's not only them.
    [*] What are you doing when you experience a long loading screen?
    Usually fast travelling.
    [*] Are you utilizing any sort of SSD?
    Yes. 256GB system (~100GB free). ESO is on the HD.

Edited by TheRealPotoroo on February 13, 2018 1:57PM
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Login & character load have got much worse in the last day

i5-2500k @4.2GHz
    20Gb DDR3
    120GB SSD for OS 256GB SSD for games & 3D Modeling
    EU

until last night I only suffered from loading delays when doing the daily round visiting stables to train alts riding skills, where each character load would take about twice as long as the previous one
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom since this new patch the long loading screens have returned back and for worse. I have to wait between 1 to 2 minutes to load the zone. This happens every time I way shrine to a new zone map or dungeon or the first login up for any of my toons. The issue do not happen much if I use the wayshrine to port to another wayshrine inside the same zone map I am in.

In terms of time, before the patch I was able to complete 4 dailies on 6 different toons in just one hour. Since the patch, the same procedure took me 1:45 hours.

Hope you can do a emergency maintenance to address this issue.

PC/NA.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    System: PC
    Processor: i7-7700k
    Zone: Non-specific, occurs everywhere. If I load into the same area, sometimes the loading is quick other times a minute+
    SSD: Yes, forgot specific model though (at work and no by home gaming computer)
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, last night I noticed the extremely long load screens when traveling to DLC areas... but base game areas seemed to load just fine for me... but that was last night, haven't logged in to play today at all yet.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I can't even enter the game since the update. The loading screen previous to character selection screen never ends.

I'm on mac OSX with:

2,7 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M

Edited by Delpi on February 13, 2018 2:49PM
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even respawning in PvP, long load screen. Terrible. PC/NA
  • nathan_bri
    nathan_bri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vvardenfell takes 2 minutes to load, so Shornhelm is now my Crafting Writ headquarters on my posse of characters. It only takes 25 seconds or so to log in there, which is still longer than it should be (less than 15 seconds), but not disturbingly long. I did have an odd situation when logging into low-level characters that have not done very much, where they were into Vvardenfell within 25 seconds, so this MAY be like the bug after IC was released, where characters with loads of completion take forever to load.

Here is my setup:

Mac OS X Sierra
    Retina 5k, 27-inch, 2017
    4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
    Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB
    40GB RAM
    1TB PCIe SSD (about 2/3 empty)

Yes, I use a litany of add-ons, but this problem exists even without them.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PC /EU, ever since I installed the Update 17 patch, loading screens are back with a vengeance.
    Takes me several minutes to port to a friend, use a wayshrine or even open a freaking door.

Set-up:
    Windows 10 pro 64bit
    i5-6600 @ ~3.8GHz
    Sapphire Radeon RX480 NITRO+ 8G OC
    16GB RAM
    500GB SSD and 1TB HDD

ESO and OS are both installed on the SSD.

EDIT: it's not my connection as I have a solid 6ms ping with a 204mbps DL and 20mbps UL speed.
    Ping in-game is around 50, so that is not the issue.
    Edited by Saturnana on February 13, 2018 3:26PM
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks, everyone. Just confirming we've seen these posts and have pinpointed what is causing this issue. We're working on getting this fixed as quickly as we can.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, everyone. Just confirming we've seen these posts and have pinpointed what is causing this issue. We're working on getting this fixed as quickly as we can.

Great to hear that :)
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Night shift forgot to feed the hamster eh?
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA: ~2 minute loading screens going to/traveling within CWC/Vvarndefell after patch.
  • jaye63
    jaye63
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC MSI z270 Gaming Pro, twin GTX 1080s, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD drive, 200Mbps ISP and Windows 10

Time for load screen is about 5x what it was before the DLC
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am trying to do my writs in Craglorn across 8 characters. It's taking me over 2 minutes (average 2 minutes 20 seconds) to log in, and sometimes when it reaches the end of that period it disconnects me to the login screen. This is intolerable.
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Loading Times are strong with this one !
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting very long loadscreens on PC EU when trying to do writs on all my characters in VIvec City.
    Edited by MyNameIsElias on February 13, 2018 8:38PM
  • Valerien
    Valerien
    ✭✭✭
    Load times but also lag.

I kind of guess its the number of people about in outfits but my ping has doubled and spikes are now an annoyance.
  • AchlysNox
    AchlysNox
    ✭✭✭
    Very long loading time in Clockwork City and Vvardenfell.

On PC/EU.
  • Bansheedragon
    Bansheedragon
    ✭✭✭
    PC/NA

CPU I7-5820K

SSD: No, using hybrid SSHD

Logging in, using wayshrines, zoning.

No particular time of day.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I commented earlier that last night it was the DLC's that I ran into long loading screens... today I was running around more in base game areas and didn't have long loading screens there... but definitely LONG loads when going to DLC locations.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****