Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @casparian i've seen a few "nice looking" dk builds ... but.... i'm trying to avoid going off of what someone else is running ... if I can i'd rather come up with something from my own mind ... thankfully at my fulltime job i'm the only one in the room i work in so a good chunk of the day ... EVERY day ... i spend on http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEdito testing combos out and researching stuff
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is probably why the thalmor win and exist as the dominant party in Skyrim.
  • jaysins
    jaysins
    ✭✭✭
    The AD players in Shor were roasting and relentlessly disparaging the RUINers of the map and pretty damn unhappy about what they were doing. Many of the remarks made about that group were funny so you missed some of the most best fighting all night if you couldn't see AD zone chat. You're going to see a lot of faction swapping, self included, if they're going to come into Shor with those numbers. Last night started out great though and was a blast till that point. Fighting on the side winning in such an outnumbered and lopsided fashion is no fun, so I'll just go after the good times.
    Jaisins -AD Stamsorc. Can't outrun an orc sorc
    Bearingitall -EP Warden. Lions and tigers and especially Bears oh my
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey guys who does Unruh run with usually?
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Kaeriz
    Kaeriz
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I’m definitely keen on policing the groups that come into Shor and destroy it for sake of the meaningless Former Emperor title (albeit with a cool costume). Anyone who is at least bifaction can do that. Half of BCC logged out last night because we didn’t want to push anything with AD owning so much. And with that, we were just distracting from the focus on Ruin. Wasn’t that much fun either.

I have zero issue in being merciless with groups that ruin everyone’s fun for sake of farming achievements. It’s a selfishness that should be expelled.
    Edited by Kaeriz on November 16, 2017 4:02PM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By themselves, <RG> isnt a threat. its when they are reinforced which is why i asked about Unruh. had a 35 min fight at Nikel last night which is what @technohic was asking about, fought so long that so many of us had to just call it a night and give them the outpost, pretty sure they had a satisfying O tick.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• Kaeriz
    Kaeriz
    ✭✭✭
    Ruin is some hot potatoe-y goodness. Problem is they are being reinforced. When we first moved to AD, we’d be to trikeeps and at times only see like 3 or 4 other AD on. That’s definitely changing. Maybe it’s a good thing for how long AD had suffered, but doesn’t feel like too much fun when Ruin is sapping the action. I suppose that’s my own brand of selfishness.

Plus, I resent Shor being treated like an achievement farm. The only reason at this point I still play the game is because of Shor.
    Edited by Kaeriz on November 16, 2017 4:23PM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaeriz wrote: »
    Maybe it’s a good thing for how long AD had suffered

I was pretty enthusiastic to see more AD on Shor tbh. But yeah, this wasnt what I was hoping for. Maybe beggars cant be choosers?
    Kaeriz wrote: »
    Plus, I resent Shor being treated like an achievement farm. The only reason at this point I still play the game is because of Shor.

Well thats how Haderus was in the end days. not sure how to stop it. The pop definitely picked up, but tht kind of made it worse
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    "<Ruin Gaming> moved from Vivec to Shor because the AD on Shor were complaining that <Requiem> was zerging down Shor"

@Rickter That is straight up garbage. They are here to emp swap, end of story.

FWIW, they don't talk in zone either except to advertise.
    But Alessia was a complete disaster for multiple reasons, some good three way fighting, but ultimately a high stress point for me as the raid leader. I wanted to go back organized but when we looked at the map, we lost Roe, Nikel and Ash to AD, then Ales was being hit. So like, what the hell?

Sorry, Roe-Nikel-Ash was us trying to prevent AD from being dethroned so they couldn't emp swap. The "why don't we have emp" confusion in zone later was hilarious. We relocated when we saw Ales being hit.

Ruin has been on Shor for 4 days, and EP and DC have done a helluva lot of emp swapping in recent weeks too. This too shall pass.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    "<Ruin Gaming> moved from Vivec to Shor because the AD on Shor were complaining that <Requiem> was zerging down Shor"

@Rickter That is straight up garbage. They are here to emp swap, end of story.

FWIW, they don't talk in zone either except to advertise.
    But Alessia was a complete disaster for multiple reasons, some good three way fighting, but ultimately a high stress point for me as the raid leader. I wanted to go back organized but when we looked at the map, we lost Roe, Nikel and Ash to AD, then Ales was being hit. So like, what the hell?

Sorry, Roe-Nikel-Ash was us trying to prevent AD from being dethroned so they couldn't emp swap. The "why don't we have emp" confusion in zone later was hilarious. We relocated when we saw Ales being hit.

Ruin has been on Shor for 4 days, and EP and DC have done a helluva lot of emp swapping in recent weeks too. This too shall pass.

Ah ok thanks for the clarification. Yeah im not sweating it too much at this point. Tryin to manage my raids is my priority. Every <RG> exclusive group weve run across has been fodder. Is the small man gankers that come in stealthed while were engaging them that are giving us a hard time.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw them 2 nights ago when I was with 1 - 5 or so PUGs that we all just joined together here and there down south while Req was getting the scroll across the north. They’d Zerg down 1 or 2 guys with ultimate-bomb. I keep watching Campaign Killers and some of the other small man and soloers fight when I can because I want to learn how to deal with that better. Also what leads me stray in big battles. lol

Been having fun on Shor though. Enough that I’ve been ignoring my early access for BF2
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well thats how Haderus was in the end days. not sure how to stop it. The pop definitely picked up, but tht kind of made it worse

It's also what happened to Thornblade in the weeks leading up to its closure. Dead for months (100% AD), week before IC dropped the population blew up like a wildfire, got replaced with Axe shortly after.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I remember correctly from Vivec zone chat I think I saw Ruin advertising a twitch stream. In case you need a good laugh you might check it out.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Kaeriz
    Kaeriz
    ✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    If I remember correctly from Vivec zone chat I think I saw Ruin advertising a twitch stream. In case you need a good laugh you might check it out.

Did a bit of investigating. Suppose it's something to keep an eye on.

Edited by Kaeriz on November 16, 2017 8:19PM
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭

You cannot be serious, you happen to have a link you could DM me?
    NVM found and followed, gotta follow this for updates.
    Edited by A_G_G_R_O on November 16, 2017 10:18PM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont want to subscribe, can you guys just give me the highlights here?
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone would be interested for duels? I need practice with vet CP. Just PM or add me @AcMaiden
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm Ruin is trying to emp their players. When I was #1 in Shor, they purposely whispered me and told me that they would help me cap inner keeps if i let them emp their people.
    Edited by StaticWave on November 17, 2017 2:52AM
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where was Requiem tonight? Having 10v10 GvG with the VERY FINE folk of <Evil Hearts>!!! Omg very solid players just met them today, have my eternal respect for stopping what they were doing, meeting at the thief stone, and having good old fashion GvG!!! Wow!!

Went about 4-5 rounds. Very good fights. Perfect way to round off the week.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Removed snark.

Had a good time in Shor tonight.

Edited by DeadlyRecluse on November 17, 2017 3:54AM
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raknosh wrote: »
    Anyone would be interested for duels? I need practice with vet CP. Just PM or add me @AcMaiden

(>.x)O---('.'Q)
    ^Rak. ^Datthaw

You gotta just stand there like a potato though
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Removed snark.

Aw come on @DeadlyRecluse dont be like that. When we fought you at that AD back cap at Ash, I had a group of 5 and we werent really prepared to go up against any coordinated groups. We were relaxed and talking about Derrick's emperorship and how you cant really build for emp until youve been emp etc and then boom we're fighting you guys. We had just started for the night and I didnt even know it was your group until i dragon leaped onto 4 guys only to have the other 5 of you unstealth from it lol!

Sure Godshifter and Speed Kills were there but they literally came into the fight after i think 3 of us were already dead and we in no way coordinated with them.

After that Ash cap, I guess you guys went north to take that scroll? In any case it was <Evil Hearts> that we fought continuously at Ash Lumbermill. They wiped us, we camped, wiped them, they respawned came back and we wiped them again just south of the resource. This is when the AD group with the scroll PLOWED THROUGH US AT THE LM!! ugh . .. anyways, We rezzed at Aleswell, and rode back only to meet them in the field south of the lumbermill in which they wiped us (due to a very well played bottle neck between a tree and a rock) we managed to battle rez, then wiped them.

During this whole thing, I was in contact with Sombien and introducing myself and asking about their group. We were whispering each other "good fight!" etc - it was great!! well after that last exchange i detailed above, Sombien whispered me and said "If you still want to GvG, meet us at the Thief Stone" - So i asked Requiem if thats what they wanted to do and they all said yes and we did it!! well, before we could take off, two of my team wanted to duel these other two AD so we waited for that only to have you, Deadly, start sieging us in open field in the back. So we pushed you hard and that was all she wrote.

Afterwards, we rode to the thief stone, EH was there and we set up camps and legit GvG'd. I know ya'll saw the cross swords and camp on the map.

I will admit: Requiem had 11 and EH had 9 - so it wasnt like a full on sanctioned GvG - it was impromptu as hell and FOR FUN. Furthermore, EH had two dedicated healers (Reza and Mongoe) and Requiem only had one (Nlaru) so I think the small number gap was negligible.

Requiem went 4 -0 and I was very proud of my team and delighted to find that kind of mutual-for fun-respect on the field of battle.

I will say this, the final round we went, we did indeed have equal numbers as EH and we still won.

So here is a shout out to the Brazilian AD former Sotha guild: <Evil Hearts> you guys are solid, awesome players that have my eternal respect!!
    Edited by Rickter on November 17, 2017 12:49PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Removed snark.

Aw come on @DeadlyRecluse dont be like that.

That's why I removed the snark : )
    After that Ash cap, I guess you guys went north to take that scroll?

Yeah, turned out to be really boring though.
    only to have you, Deadly, start sieging us in open field in the back. So we pushed you hard and that was all she wrote.

TS quote from someone who shall remain unnamed: "You know what would be funny? If we all dropped siege right here." I contend that it was.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah Shor seemed pretty docile last night. I fully planned on pushing the map more, but this was one of those really rare gems of time that we couldnt pass up. i logged early so im not sure what happened after 9:45PM EST.

Im sure this friday and saturday will be a mad house of raging tempest war though.

TS quote from someone who shall remain unnamed: "You know what would be funny? If we all dropped siege right here." I contend that it was.

aw :-(
    Edited by Rickter on November 17, 2017 1:17PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Removed snark.

Aw come on @DeadlyRecluse dont be like that. When we fought you at that AD back cap at Ash, I had a group of 5 and we werent really prepared to go up against any coordinated groups. We were relaxed and talking about Derrick's emperorship and how you cant really build for emp until youve been emp etc and then boom we're fighting you guys. We had just started for the night and I didnt even know it was your group until i dragon leaped onto 4 guys only to have the other 5 of you unstealth from it lol!

Sure Godshifter and Speed Kills were there but they literally came into the fight after i think 3 of us were already dead and we in no way coordinated with them.

After that Ash cap, I guess you guys went north to take that scroll? In any case it was <Evil Hearts> that we fought continuously at Ash Lumbermill. They wiped us, we camped, wiped them, they respawned came back and we wiped them again just south of the resource. This is when the AD group with the scroll PLOWED THROUGH US AT THE LM!! ugh . .. anyways, We rezzed at Aleswell, and rode back only to meet them in the field south of the lumbermill in which they wiped us (due to a very well played bottle neck between a tree and a rock) we managed to battle rez, then wiped them.

During this whole thing, I was in contact with Sombien and introducing myself and asking about their group. We were whispering each other "good fight!" etc - it was great!! well after that last exchange i detailed above, Sombien whispered me and said "If you still want to GvG, meet us at the Thief Stone" - So i asked Requiem if thats what they wanted to do and they all said yes and we did it!! well, before we could take off, two of my team wanted to duel these other two AD so we waited for that only to have you, Deadly, start sieging us in open field in the back. So we pushed you hard and that was all she wrote.

Afterwards, we rode to the thief stone, EH was there and we set up camps and legit GvG'd. I know ya'll saw the cross swords and camp on the map.

I will admit: Requiem had 11 and EH had 9 - so it wasnt like a full on sanctioned GvG - it was impromptu as hell and FOR FUN. Furthermore, EH had two dedicated healers (Reza and Mongoe) and Requiem only had one (Nlaru) so I think the small number gap was negligible.

Requiem went 4 -0 and I was very proud of my team and delighted to find that kind of mutual-for fun-respect on the field of battle.

I will say this, the final round we went, we did indeed have equal numbers as EH and we still won.

So here is a shout out to the Brazilian AD former Sotha guild: <Evil Hearts> you guys are solid, awesome players that have my eternal respect!!

Wow, you are a long winded one aren’t you? Lol TLDR versions pls. or maybe just set yourself a timer, like 3 min or so. When it goes off, no more typing hah

***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - throws a pie at @Valen_Byte -
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭

No need, I already get all my laughs from watching TM's pvp YouTube videos
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »

Wow, you are a long winded one aren’t you? Lol TLDR versions pls. or maybe just set yourself a timer, like 3 min or so. When it goes off, no more typing hah

I like to be thorough. Considering no one’s typed in this thread for well over 8 hours, id reckon you have plenty of time for a story.

But yes i am very long winded. Always have been. Ive been told i needed to have my own stream broadcast many times.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joshlenoir wrote: »

No need, I already get all my laughs from watching TM's pvp YouTube videos

Damn that was a pretty good burn.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makes for a long job interview.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all