Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »

one thing i learned from fighting against you guys last night, is we ( my guild groups ) def need work on a few things... I my self in particular originally was always building for more damage output rather than "what can I add to the group" ... ended up getting my whips at over 11-12k buffed tooltip and leap tooltip for 21k ... BUT ... that didnt "add to what is good for the grou" thing ... i think im gonna concentrate on that type of stuff from now on .... so thank you guys for "teaching" me that last night

<3:*<3:*<3 I'm very jealous of those numbers.
    Stridig wrote: »
    My favorite fight last night was with AD holding the porch at Chal, us DC in the courtyard with EP trying to push through the outer front door. That was pretty fun. Bodies everywhere.

Agreed, it was fun!
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lore_lai wrote: »
    Heya guys!
    And of course @manny254 who is an absolutely horrible lead and always makes the worst calls ever!! I dunno how we put up with him! :trollface:

:p Thanks for putting up with me, and being such a good partner. Everyone was playing very well as a team the last few days.

Rickter wrote: »
    except AD didnt seem interested in the EP dethrone at all. . .

BRK was the final keep and yet, they pushed up to Aleswell.

We where the ones to actually dethrone EP last night. While DC pvdoored Roe, and made an attempt on Alessia. Meanwhile I never saw the two groups of DC actually siege BRK.

W0lf_z13 wrote: »
    Lore_lai wrote: »
    Heya guys!
    First I would like to say that I am very happy to see Shor have good action!
    As someone who plays from EU and whose performance has gotten to almost unplayable levels these recent patches - it's good to see that there is still a place I can go to and not completely lag out.

Now, onto the matter at hand. In regards to our group comp - I wasn't the only one healing. @usmcjdking was also doing an amazing job and keeping us up and purged. And all of us were trying to be as supportive as possible when we got in trouble - having wardens in group is really strong, and all of our Wardens were amazing at helping us out!
    And while we had Uren with us he was doing a great job at off-healing when we needed it.

We had at most 2 negates, but most of the time only one.

We had one of the best magicka DKs out there @Glory with insane AoE pressure.

We didn't have a single Earthgore up until the very end when Mano hopped in on his bombblade for a bit and he had Earthgore and destro. So that was pretty much it. :p

And of course @manny254 who is an absolutely horrible lead and always makes the worst calls ever!! I dunno how we put up with him! :trollface:

I have to say I was a bit disappointed to see the amount of DC at Chalman (kinda reminiscent of Vivec size groups) - but it was still an overall great fight and we had lots of fun in trying to see what our limits are!

Overall this was the best fun we've had in PvP in a very long time, and I sincerely hope Shor stays packed with action and free of salt and toxicity!

one thing i learned from fighting against you guys last night, is we ( my guild groups ) def need work on a few things... I my self in particular originally was always building for more damage output rather than "what can I add to the group" ... ended up getting my whips at over 11-12k buffed tooltip and leap tooltip for 21k ... BUT ... that didnt "add to what is good for the grou" thing ... i think im gonna concentrate on that type of stuff from now on .... so thank you guys for "teaching" me that last night

That is very good.
    - Mojican
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glory wrote: »

<3:*<3:*<3 I'm very jealous of those numbers.

yeah the damage was great ( i think buffed my sd was 3800 ) ... but i only had about 20k spell resist and 19k phys resist ... so survive ability wasnt that great ... in PvE however... the light armor version of the setup is AWESOME ... powerlashes hitting for 24.5k ( crit )
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on November 21, 2017 7:21PM
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a few guilds that pop in Shore and create a battle group......I hate when that happens!!!. There is never a reason to run more then 12 ... To me the optimal setup is 6 to 8 ... I would say our normal numbers 3 to 6 at the moment... However I hope to be on much more..
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @manny254 I wasnt online during that Roe back cap. I can assure you 37 of my personal siege was used on BRK. LM side.

I want to say that in no way were my comments meant to devalue or point fingers. <Adamant> is indeed a formidable group and honestly, it makes me proud to see more high level small-medium scale groups taking Shor seriously.

This server is every bit as competitive as Vivec BECAUSE of you fine folk. You know, Joshlenoir isnt even that salty. Everyone is chill. Makes me wonder what all the sotha-salt was about.

Anyways guys, thank you so much for giving Shor a real chance and please spread the word how legit this server is. Im in @Crown 's discord and those guys wont give Shor any sort of credit. Its a real legit server. period. thank you all.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey hey.. with all of this awesomeness going on here. I should swap home to shore. hehe
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @manny254 I wasnt online during that Roe back cap. I can assure you 37 of my personal siege was used on BRK. LM side.

I want to say that in no way were my comments meant to devalue or point fingers. <Adamant> is indeed a formidable group and honestly, it makes me proud to see more high level small-medium scale groups taking Shor seriously.

This server is every bit as competitive as Vivec BECAUSE of you fine folk. You know, Joshlenoir isnt even that salty. Everyone is chill. Makes me wonder what all the sotha-salt was about.

Anyways guys, thank you so much for giving Shor a real chance and please spread the word how legit this server is. Im in @Crown 's discord and those guys wont give Shor any sort of credit. Its a real legit server. period. thank you all.

I only intended to represent another perspective in my comment. '

We are happy that there is multiple actual option on where to play now. Getting zerged can be and is frustrating most of the time, but we are just happy that that means there is some population in shor now. Game fps/lag performance is still far from perfect in shor, but it is much better than vivec would be.
    - Mojican
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »

We are happy that there is multiple actual option on where to play now. Getting zerged can be and is frustrating most of the time, but we are just happy that that means there is some population in shor now. Game fps/lag performance is still far from perfect in shor, but it is much better than vivec would be.

Im not going to front, at this point, its very common to see a 16 man <Requiem> group. Im not goingto apologize for it. My guild went through a split in November of last year and its been a long road to get where we are.

Regardless, I try and respect duels, and practice unwavering etiquette. If we zerg you down, its because we felt like we were out of options because you were just that good. Straight up, its a compliment. Remember that.

See you all out there!!!
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It won't be any time soon but our group WILL beat that AD group from last night at some point. Our common theme in discord was "what are they doing to beat us"? and "We really need to improve on...." . We are very motivated to improve and are going to have a blast doing it.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I try and keep any salty feelings capped at disappointed at most because you never really know what is going on on the other side when it comes to decisions. I've seen people assume a lot of things wrongly from the other side often enough. I'm sure there are a lot of times we do stuff people think is weird, but doesn't have any nefarious reason other than trying to get some good, challenging fighting going on to have fun.

Hopefully Shor does get a little more attention, though I'd honestly like to see giant groups calm down a bit. There is nothing in the game that takes a 24 man raid to do, from taking keeps to even fighting other raids. Best thing ZoS could do for pvp is cap group size at 12. Been good to see you pushing to get people in Shor playing, but hopefully it gets more small/medium scale groups and not the giant zerg balls that turn vivec into a laggy hot mess.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    Hopefully Shor does get a little more attention, though I'd honestly like to see giant groups calm down a bit. There is nothing in the game that takes a 24 man raid to do, from taking keeps to even fighting other raids. Best thing ZoS could do for pvp is cap group size at 12. Been good to see you pushing to get people in Shor playing, but hopefully it gets more small/medium scale groups and not the giant zerg balls that turn vivec into a laggy hot mess.

I agree. And the Chalman fight wasnt coordinated. I think Req and PUGz just ended up in the same place at the same time. EP has been pretty large lately and its pushing everyone else to run comparable group sizes.

3 weeks ago, Req was under 12 and Shor was small-medium paradise. We're seeing a system shock of sorts as everyone is discovering that Shor was an actual thing all along.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get your frustration on that 1v3 odds, but at the same time, you gotta expect people to show up to flagged keeps.
    Even more so if there's a scroll in it. Plus you intentionally left the FD open to keep people coming in. So that's what people did.

It's a bit like that 1vx argument that was going on earlier and I very much agree with this quote
    OdinForge wrote: »
    If you're intentionally putting yourself in a 1vX situation I think you forfeit the ability to complain about losing 1vX.

I'm not complaining tho, more organized groups means a healthier campaign!
    For a lil while, it felt like Vivec (lagcity) was the only option left for pvp and that made me really sad..
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how lone fenrir got all the credit for that argument when he was totally agreeing with my comment...
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raknosh wrote: »
    I get your frustration on that 1v3 odds, but at the same time, you gotta expect people to show up to flagged keeps.
    Even more so if there's a scroll in it. Plus you intentionally left the FD open to keep people coming in. So that's what people did.

It's a bit like that 1vx argument that was going on earlier and I very much agree with this quote
    OdinForge wrote: »
    If you're intentionally putting yourself in a 1vX situation I think you forfeit the ability to complain about losing 1vX.

I'm not complaining tho, more organized groups means a healthier campaign!
    For a lil while, it felt like Vivec (lagcity) was the only option left for pvp and that made me really sad..

Oh yeah, totally. We expect craziness when something like that goes on. I'm talking more like, 4-5 guys try to take back a home keep just to get established and start moving in the map and an emp with 12+ shows up and set up seige for defense type stuff. In the end, let's be real. I think most of us know what I mean, no matter how you want to parse the words.

And there is never a complaint about losing first off, so the quote doesn't really work here. If you pick a 3-1 fight and then a couple more jump in and make it 5-1 and then another person puts up seige on you, can you roll you eyes at the needlessness then? If you were talking about that fight and said you were disappointed that it went that way, I don't think it's a big deal and that's what I'm doing here.

Sometimes people need to do the same thing we've done on many occasions when we've seen an AD group rolling around and just walk away. Not saying walk away from an emp keep fight or something major, but I'm talking basic random fights. If you saw a 3-1 fight going on, would you feel like you need to help those three guys beat the one dude? (assuming there wasn't some other special reason to want them dead I guess) Or would you just leave or watch or whatever? That's what I'm talking about. Just that barrier point that makes a person go, "ok, there are a lot of people already here fighting whoever and it's a fight over nothing tactical, I can probably move on," seems lost on most pvpers.

Don't confuse me being disappointed at seeing that barrier point passed over quite often as some sort of angry complaint. It's just the way it is, you roll your eyes and move on. You don't see me hate whispering people from those groups to give them crap or anything. I think the only person I've ever whispered on another faction that I didn't already know was a ganker on red I ended up friendly with b/c he always tried to gank a tank build I had b/c he liked the challenge and he was able to get me a few times. And once I just said, 'stop that' as I complimented him for his patience in that particular gank and the conversation was friendly as we laughed about all the back and forth.
    Edited by xaraan on November 21, 2017 11:29PM
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »

I agree. And the Chalman fight wasnt coordinated. I think Req and PUGz just ended up in the same place at the same time. EP has been pretty large lately and its pushing everyone else to run comparable group sizes.

3 weeks ago, Req was under 12 and Shor was small-medium paradise. We're seeing a system shock of sorts as everyone is discovering that Shor was an actual thing all along.

Oh, I don't even mean those big fights. You gotta expect the whole sh-bang in certain situations and just deal with it. Heck, just the fact that there were that many blues and they were separate groups (and random pugs from all sides all over I'm sure) and not one giant mega ball group makes the fight fun and probably helps keep the lag manageable because we are all a little more spread out and clashing at various times instead of a constant 24 on 24 on 24 fight centered in a small area/tower like we see in vivec too often.
    -- @xaraan --
    AD • NA • PC
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had an awesome time Monday night on Shor! Our group was 6 to 8 people and often sandwiched in between AD and EP and it was a lot of fun, I liked the challenge of trying to keep everyone alive, as I decided to play a dedicated healer on Shor--my first ever in the game:)

I like the smaller fights that Shor appears to offer, as vivec I often feel like its just button mashing in huge zergs:) Also zone chat seems to be mostly positive with no drama, thats a plus!
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome to the Shor thread Hex :) ... thanks for saving my ass a couple of times last night ....
    Had some good fights last night, fought an ep mDK 1v1 a few times last night over at the DC mine ( i think it was the mine at least ) ... fought him 3 or 4 times he won all but the last one when i swapped to my damage setup then we just laughed about it in whispers....at one point another DC member jumped in so i waited until the other dc realized him and I wanted a 1v1 ... which was very nice of the other DC to stop attacking once he realized that ....
    Def like the mature and respectful nature of Shor, lets all hope this is a forever thing on this campaign!
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on November 22, 2017 1:19PM
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So last night. At the chalamo. Pretty crazy. we were attempting to take Chalman and a few of us went down and tried to regroup in the NW tower. That left about 9 Requiem members stuck inside the second floor of the Northwest tower and fought <Harbingers of Death>'s group (Gottbeard, Lextor, Smiff + at least 6 more) for 18 minutes straight. Was the craziest fight ever. Hands down insane, had EP sieging us from the inner postern, lots of back and forth and coordinated defensive and offensive ultimates.

They called off the assault as it was essentially a stalemate or the rest of my group were able to breach another wall and reinforce us - not really sure which actually happened, i just know we took 1 minute to recollect and regroup and catch our breath because the assault ended. DC eventually lost the momentum when I directed the group to split and siege the other side of the keep to try and split the EP defending. As Caffeine Dreams explicitly let me know in a private message, that was a bad call. i was sad.

I want to apologize to Aurbis's AD group. If you're lurking here, Aurbis, I sincerely apologize.
    They were on the East side sieging and managed to ge tthe inner wall down which is someting DC was not able to do on the West, obviously working towards a dethrone of EP. i got Requiem to stealth up and we were going to pull an ol' <Adamant> and back cap after AD cleared out most of the EP. Unfortunately, one of the AD must of had their "D" key stuck but they side stepped about 75 yards straight into our group! I had to make a call and i called a charge on the AD. We wiped most of them, but EP took the opportunity to repair the inner and I felt and still feel terrible about that.

Please understand, that I simply had to make a call. It was either that AD squeal that there was a large DC group stealthed, or DC make the first push. I believed in what you guys were trying to do, and I think if i had to redo it, I would have stayed on the west and dealt with the keep after a dethrone. I directed the group to fall back and call off the attack but you had retired the field at that point :(

in any case, it was one hell of a battle. As is the Chalman way. But this one was special. Prolonged fights are usually undesirable, people get a little antsy, its stressful on the lead, and its messy, but man, that was one hell of a battle to be proud of, for all who were there.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not been PvPing lately due to work but I am back now !!! Shore was a great place for a 3 to 6 man group.... Last night I saw basically half battle to full battle group guilds on there last night ... It was frustrating we ended up with 160k for the night but we were zerged down everywhere by superior numbers and I mean 3X our number we never exceeded 4 people.. .... I really do not wish that Shore become a smaller version of Vevic ..... We tried running with some of the disorganized groups of AD but they just attracted the larger
    groups ... We tried to go to opposite side of the map to find smaller fights but it was no use everyone on the map seemed to be Chalman :(
    I'm not totally sure the size of the largest yellow group on the map .. We tried to stay away from large groups of yellow most of the time.... The small Yellow but old guild of For Real seemed to be in the same situation as us last night!

Rickter I noticed Requiem has grown ..You guys ran smaller at one time .... You have been the biggest proponent of this server and I can see why people flock to your guild... I'm not sure how big your group was but it was much larger then I remember... How many people were you actually running last night? Does Dead Wait need to grow some? We have had a rough time with recruitment actually because the people we get tend to be hard for us to relate to or have some type of issues with hehe or maybe we have the mental issues :)

There was a RED GUILD that looked to be running a full Raid Group why I have no idea !! A good solid 12 would be more then enough !! Break your group into 2 groups and you will change the map :)

I really do not want to see some of these huge frustrated guilds from Vevic come here and setup ... please be careful with these group sizes... I know of a few Yellow guilds that would come here if larger setups start to take over I do not want that .....currently some of them are just here part time .....

We have all been apart of large guilds on this server most of us have left those types of setups ... Dead Wait is about 12 members strong with 6-8 on every night not for very long however ..... We have not lost a single member now in 1 year, we do not recruit because that has not been very successful. Some of us have gamed with each other for 15 years now ...(4) The rest of us have game together for 3 years we are pretty close group.. Shore has been a blessing for our small casual PVP guild in the past...

Edited by Durham on November 22, 2017 3:10PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we were piling into Chalman because it was the dethrone keep. i honestly dont like even going to chalman and truly, i wanted to get our scroll from arrius.

in any case, the discussion was brought up in our discord last night that splitting the group off when we reach 14+ should be considered.

it will be discussed over this week and something will be determined after the holiday. I think either way, you'll see smaller Requiem groups in the near future.

Sorry about the zerging. You know more than most i put the health of the server as a top priority.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to bring up that this needs to be a two way street. Im actively working to reduce group sizing to promote fair play and sense of meaningful PvP despite some very real reservations as to what has been proposed internally.

(putting spoiler tags because not relevant to immediate discussion)
    I have discovered there are players who prefer small scale that would like to harass and otherwise engage large groups, then whinge about it when they are essentially overwhelmed. I was told that i needed to let 1-2 players go should said harassment fail from their end, basically.

The logic behind that statement is beyond my simple mind. Im not going to let two people go to set up a camp. If you engage a force much larger than yours, accept the high potential end result. Sorry it didnt make for a good youtube video.

Additionally, i understand the accusation was in regards to an instance in which siad 4 man group did not directly engage mine (the one time they didnt) however, that 4 man was part of a larger two way conflict with EP and AD both sides numbering more than 8 and we aimed to wipe both factions. Which we were successful in. So idc if you had a 4 man, you were with 4 more AD fighting 8+ EP w/ Emperor. And Requiem is nondiscriminatory when it comes to anything not blue.
    Edited by Rickter on November 22, 2017 3:54PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and quite frankly im seeing a lot of 8-11 man groups against my near consistent 16. Most seasoned pvper's should be worth at the very least two players. i dont understand why 16 non-seasoned players are giving 9 seasoned players a hard time. I think you should look internally rather than blaming something else. <Adamant> and <ANIMOSITY> are two prime examples of smaller 6-8 mans that can absolutely handle 16 players and never whinge about it.

well i take that back, im sure the salt in ANIMOSITY flows but they dont hate whisper or teabag my group (97% of the time) and that should and is respected.

Regardless, i agree 16 players is excessive and again I am trying to work something out that works for everyone in Requiem and in turn works out for Shor.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally agree with everything you just said :) I hope I did not sound condescending in my post I'm not blaming anyone for doing anything .... I have been away so I really do not see the full picture and I realize that :)

Dead Wait is much more casual then Animosity:) And probably older lol !
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My last 2 posts were not in reference to you or the fine folks in <DEAD WAIT> @Durham and i apologize if it came off that way.

I will say this: <DEAD WAIT> has been a very consistent and friendly rival of Requiem since back on Haderus. Back when we had Regiment. You guys never gave us a hard time, you were always respectful, played hard, but honorably, and in no way do i have ill will or animosity (no pun intended) towards the FINE folk in DW. Durham, Takuto, Sheddie, Oogie, Eldorian, Eaves, im sure im missing a few (sorry /embarassed)
    Durham wrote: »
    Rickter I noticed Requiem has grown ..You guys ran smaller at one time .... You have been the biggest proponent of this server and I can see why people flock to your guild... I'm not sure how big your group was but it was much larger then I remember... How many people were you actually running last night? Does Dead Wait need to grow some? We have had a rough time with recruitment actually because the people we get tend to be hard for us to relate to or have some type of issues with hehe or maybe we have the mental issues :)

Im very glad you remember Requiem wasnt a zerg for a period.

@Shor thread: Ya'll should all remember that. Dues have been paid. Its not my fault we grew. Well, maybe it is :trollface: but regardless, growth is a double edged sword and we are going to have to face that very soon. Its called "growing pains" - yeah, ya'll know that term, dont you?

We run 16 as of 4 weeks ago.

FOUR WEEKS MOTHERFU KERS

4 weeks out of a YEAR has Requiem ran large. this is directly because of Sotha and the closing of the other servers. We are an attractive guild because im not too militant, and we are generally very easy going and easy to assimilate to. We "appeal to the masses". Bunch of casuals. . . thats why you folks bragging about wiping us, man, good job slow clap for you, real resume builder for you lol.

With that being said, this is a two way street. We can split off, but yeah, it wouldnt hurt to open your doors to the community and get some new blood.

RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you know what i see on Shor? a bunch of small-medium scale exclusive guilds. Long time friends that dont want to expand. you all are comfortable and you want everyone to conform to that.

<DEAD WAIT>
    <ANIMOSITY>
    <Adamant>
    <CAMPAIGN KILLERS>
    <Harbingers of Death>
    <STRIFE>
    <Bruma City Council>

All these guilds are comfortable exclusive hardcore min maxed exceptional pvp groups. the stuff of legends, the groups aspiring pvpers want to be.

but i mean, I dont build Requiem for that. It would be great to list Requiem amoung those guys but im not. We just dont build for it. I cant claim that status because while a few people might take it upon themselves to min/max to be competitive, most dont. I cant sink a lot of time into this game. I have a full time job, focusing on a career and caring for a kid. thats why i get 2- 2 1/2 hours a night. thats all i can put into this game so Requiem will never be amoung those names.

Not because we cant, believe me, ya'll would be complaining about something very different if we were. Ive watched other raid leaders, i have players who have run with other guilds, and my level of leadership in a fight in comparable to competitive level leadership. Im not perfect, i said "comparable". Why do you think Requiem is attractive? because a lot of players are experiencing that level of leadership for the first time. It snags their interest. It gives them something tangible in ESO PvP that they didnt think theyd get prior. Then they either stay, or they out grow it.
    Edited by Rickter on November 22, 2017 4:05PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BCC is mostly on break at the moment, but we do pick up people from time to time, and are actively looking keeping an eye open for recruits. But that's about expanding the roster so people can find others to pvp with, NOT expanding the group size.

Frankly it's hard getting a small scale group to function well as a single unit; any weaknesses will get your group killed. We don't accomplish that anywhere near as well as Animosity or Adamant, and one of the ways they get there is because it's the same few always working together.

Just adding more raw numbers won't help a small scale group play more effectively, and takes them out of the playstyle they want.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, all good points Rickter. I don't want everyone that runs a small man that thinks they can poke the zerg and the zerg shouldn't poke back to be confused with my comments being disappointed at some occasional excessive situations being on the same side the argument. If you annoy a group of any size, you shouldn't be surprised if they hunt you down when you try and escape. If you jump into a multi-sided fight, you can't be upset that numbers will grow and get crazy. If you decide to take a scroll or keep or whatever else that will get attention, you can't be upset that people show up from all over.

If we poke Rickters group, we expect them to poke back no matter how many people they have. We don't expect him to only send out equal numbers or only double numbers. We see the group size and know we what we are asking for. My comments above would be more for something like, our 5 guys pick on his 20 guys and he has called for help and some other guild has another twenty guys in stealth ready to bomb us in addition his his 20. This has happened in Vivec many a time, so my wishes about not seeing that sort of thing in Shor I think is just healthy for the campaign.
    -- @xaraan --
    AD • NA • PC
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @xaraan i appreciate that man, and I wasnt referring to Adamant. I would have been really specific but im sure someone will report me for naming and shaming. anyways, he doesnt post in the thread, lets put it that way.

I have a lot of respect for Adamant. I even used you guys as an example of a 6-8 man that absolutely handles twice your numbers and when you lose, you never complain.

so yeah. Look, just know that even Requiem is aware of their sizes and we want to do something about it. I have reservations rooted in the split we experienced back in November. i worked hard at rebuilding over the last year. maybe i was over zealous.

Which leads me to this question: If you all were in my shoes, how would you handle this issue? That's a legitimate invitation for constructive opinions. I respect most everyone's opinions in this thread and I promise to take it to heart. I think ive long windedly painted a precise picture of what Requiem is, you should go by that.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• chikenrockgod
    chikenrockgod
    Soul Shriven
    I for one thank everybody for that meaty 25.9k D tick at chalamo, solid 1.5-2 hours of action there
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is the problem in Shor? I have read much discussion about keeping things small scale but that's really all I have seen. In my brief experience with Shor, things are indeed small scale.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all