Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    except AD didnt seem interested in the EP dethrone at all. . .

BRK was the final keep and yet, they pushed up to Aleswell.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm finally off nights at the peds ER and I'm excited to scoot around in Shor. I got to play only a smidge of vivec yesterday and could barely handle the ping. Running a dizzying swing build with high ping isn't a death sentence, but it sure makes it hard to close out kills in a smart way.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shor was great yesterday afternoon and evening. I logged off when DC was (still) trying to dethrone at BRK -- how did that fight turn out?

Highlights of the day:
    - The EP Emp seemed like a good person. I can't say they were particularly formidable in a fight, but they seemed to be having a whole lot of fun and not taking things too seriously. The emp was fun to fight and very low-sodium. I hope they take away fond memories from their time as Emp.
    - I had some of the best small-scale experiences I've ever had. @CavalryPK and his friend and I consistently wiped larger groups of EP and AD while EP were pushing Roe and Fare. @Jaysins also gave us some really challenging fights. :D #nerfjaysins
    - I found (and lost) some long, drawn-out 1v1 fights, but learned a lot about how2templar and figured out some things I need to change. While dueling a stamblade near Roe mine, he saw another AD crouched in stealth near us, so when I dropped a meteor on him, he immediately moved over to the stealthed AD, whom I promptly destroyed before I even knew he was there. :D We had to pause the duel just to laugh about it.

All in all, one of the most satisfying days of PVP I've ever had.
    Edited by casparian on November 20, 2017 3:03PM
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    def had some good fights last night... even though the changes for my toon aren't fully finished it was nice being able to stay in a fight a little bit longer before dying
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    except AD didnt seem interested in the EP dethrone at all. . .

BRK was the final keep and yet, they pushed up to Aleswell.

As usual we are not very organized has an Alliance ehe..... Last night Dead Wait was running we were not in Alliance mode lastnight ....we actually killed a blue trying to dethrone the emp I thought he was burning our siege lol but he was actually firing seige next to our siege line .... Felt a little bad after we killed him especially since after a crit dragon leap he almost killed me and he didnt :(

But in our chat we were not discussing a emp dethrone we were just looking for people to kill honestly .... In fact we were argueing with each other about cars, fantasy football, politics, prescription drugs, obama care, girls , who macro's, who is drunk, who still wants to get married, who wants to get a divorce, who still pays Zennimax, who wants to PVE, who sucks at PVP... WHo kids are agrivating , whats the best dog breed....

:) Yep typical Dead Wait chat... So when you run into us dont think we are really organized we are most of the time laughing at each other when we die ... In fact sometime we teabag each other !!! However there are times we do call targets and are really firing on all 8 !!! Usually that is when Takuto is leading ....

:)

PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    Shor was great yesterday afternoon and evening. I logged off when DC was (still) trying to dethrone at BRK -- how did that fight turn out?

Highlights of the day:
    - The EP Emp seemed like a good person. I can't say they were particularly formidable in a fight, but they seemed to be having a whole lot of fun and not taking things too seriously. The emp was fun to fight and very low-sodium. I hope they take away fond memories from their time as Emp.
    - I had some of the best small-scale experiences I've ever had. @CavalryPK and his friend and I consistently wiped larger groups of EP and AD while EP were pushing Roe and Fare. @Jaysins also gave us some really challenging fights. :D #nerfjaysins
    - I found (and lost) some long, drawn-out 1v1 fights, but learned a lot about how2templar and figured out some things I need to change. While dueling a stamblade near Roe mine, he saw another AD crouched in stealth near us, so when I dropped a meteor on him, he immediately moved over to the stealthed AD, whom I promptly destroyed before I even knew he was there. :D We had to pause the duel just to laugh about it.

All in all, one of the most satisfying days of PVP I've ever had.

Yea Red Emp seemed like a good guy! But he was also a Stam DK emp so that always nice hehe :)
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • jaysins
    jaysins
    ✭✭✭
    @casparian That was a fun fight and I'm always down for duels and what not if you want to test anything out. Lol please don't as that toon is my favorite and as a medium armor stam sorc I've nerfed myself
    Jaisins -AD Stamsorc. Can't outrun an orc sorc
    Bearingitall -EP Warden. Lions and tigers and especially Bears oh my
  • jaysins
    jaysins
    ✭✭✭
    Last night was fun though till a certain AD guild got going. I stopped hitting keeps as I didn't want to help emp one of their players. Got to duel the EP emp in a 1v1 with both AD and EP watching on in a sort of dueling pit which was amazing till an EP player started healing him, which wasn't what he wanted. I came pretty close to getting him and would have loved to have finished it and found out if I could. He was a great sport so kudos to him.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    I logged off when DC was (still) trying to dethrone at BRK -- how did that fight turn out?

It went pretty poorly. We tried a few times to make something happen on the Lumbermill side of BRK, but it just wasnt in the cards.

small groups of EP were successful in pulling apart the group, AD guild <Adamant> pushed in behind us and we got sandwiched between well over 20 EP and however large the AD group was. We took Arrius to try and cut them off and Mojican's 6 man dominated the mine.

Meanwhile AD pushed Alessia, Roe, Nikel, Aleswell and then harassed us at BRK almost like they were completely uninterested in fighting EP.

then <Mischievous> came in around 10:30PM EST and it was no contest as we helplessly tried to defend bleakers. I had 9 in discord and 16 in group so you can imagine how that went.

It was hard fighting for DC around 9PM EST and onwards. not sure what was happening on Shor prior to that.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we missed most of the action that you guys are talking about ... We were on 6pm to 8:45 and started winding down I think the rest of my group was done by 9:30 pm basically....
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the highlights from the weekend fights. The shor clips start after the initial IC montage.

Loved fighting @jaysins. Still remember how he overloaded me to death lolz around the resource.

https://youtu.be/sNaCM6Ibw8E

THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • jaysins
    jaysins
    ✭✭✭
    CavalryPK wrote: »
    Some of the highlights from the weekend fights. The shor clips start after the initial IC montage.

Loved fighting @jaysins. Still remember how he overloaded me to death lolz around the resource.

https://youtu.be/sNaCM6Ibw8E

Lmao, I felt pretty damn good about that one. I couldn't get you down but got you pretty low. I figured you wouldn't expect it, as who expects that from a Stam sorc, and let a few fly hoping the distance between us would cause you to let your gaurd down. It's a last ditch effort I do when I've thrown everything else I have at someone. It definitely catches people off guard. Great fights, I really enjoyed them.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good stuff tonight. Still trying to figure out how some people have infinite sustain, deal huge amounts of damage and take virtually no damage all at the same time, but besides that it was great fun.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    Good stuff tonight. Still trying to figure out how some people have infinite sustain, deal huge amounts of damage and take virtually no damage all at the same time, but besides that it was great fun.

hmm. tell more. what class and what specifically happened?
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CavalryPK wrote: »

hmm. tell more. what class and what specifically happened?

We fought a really good group of AD tonight. Wardens. I'm not shouting foul play or anything. They were just an outstanding group. Huge damage output and our group was like a random normal to them. We learned some lessons but at the same time I have played since launch and still have never figured out the OP status of some of these people. It just baffles me.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's talking about Mojican and <Adamant>

They have a really great healer (Meraki) that takes a lot to take down, and even when you do get them low, they have that templar Remembrance to make you feel stupid. You've got to focus targets, get out of their negates and destro (tbf i think they only ran one destro ult), and coordinate ultimates.

90% of our wipes to them were to their coordinated negates. simply as that. Mojican and Meraki are tough to kill, so much so you should probably focus one of the other guys like Darkness but even then they know exactly when to bug out of a fight and kite.

My frustration last night was that not once did we fight a two way battle. When we pushed Red, AD was always behind us to back cap, when we pushed Yellow, Reds were literally behind us shooting us with siege.

The group felt like a pendulum, back and forth, back and forth. fought on two fronts on literally every encounter the entire night. AD were like vultures, always coming in for the back cap. Everything on the map that was Blue by 10:30PM EST was hard earned and uphill the entire way.

RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    We have recently removed a handful of posts that were combative and a bit off-topic. While we allow for some competitive razzing and rivalry on the forums, please be sure that this thread doesn't dissolve into naming and shaming.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    def some good fights last night.... a bit confused about the above though
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on November 21, 2017 2:30PM
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rickter I think there is more to it than having (a) as in 1 good healer and some negates. We are new to CP PvP but not new to Cyrodiil. We were certainly outplayed but not because we were standing in a negate. We were debating whether or not their whole team was wearing Earth Gore.
    Edited by Stridig on November 21, 2017 2:33PM
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rickter I think there is more to it than having (a) as in 1 good healer and some negates. We are new to CP PvP but not new to Cyrodiil. We were certainly outplayed but not because we were standing in a negate. We were debating whether or not their whole team was wearing Earth Gore.

obviously there is more to it. its how you use the good healer and negates. positioning, execution.

Sorry i didnt go into more detail. But I did say for my group thats what it was. your group of course would have different experiences. Whether it was luring us into a tower second floor and destro/negate ulti'ing us before we could get defensive ultimates up, or stealthing up and pushing in while we were on the second floor fighting reds and hitting us with said negates and ultis before we could react, either way, i had to call "spread out" more times than ever by the end of the night. "get out of those negates" was a common call too. The strat we were trying to develop (on the fly mind you) was spreading out and letting them dump, then pushing in and dumping ourselves. Sounds very "Vivec-y" and not something I necessarily have fun doing.

Problem is, Meraki was ID'd as the healer but it was so hard to kill them. Mojican is well known, tried focusing them and met with the same issue. So its like you kind of have to go after the ones that can actually die, but then you are in between a rock and a hard place because the ones that actually can die dont die because you cant kill the healer.

Keep in mind, my group generally doesnt have any negates or destro ults. We just dont. unless someone feels like running it. So its whatever, you take it all in stride.
    Edited by Rickter on November 21, 2017 2:59PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :D
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

We had no destro ultimates and no earthgores at the time.
    Edited by usmcjdking on November 21, 2017 6:20PM
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Rickter wrote: »
    He's talking about Mojican and <Adamant>

They have a really great healer (Meraki) that takes a lot to take down, and even when you do get them low, they have that templar Remembrance to make you feel stupid. You've got to focus targets, get out of their negates and destro (tbf i think they only ran one destro ult), and coordinate ultimates.

90% of our wipes to them were to their coordinated negates. simply as that. Mojican and Meraki are tough to kill, so much so you should probably focus one of the other guys like Darkness but even then they know exactly when to bug out of a fight and kite.

My frustration last night was that not once did we fight a two way battle. When we pushed Red, AD was always behind us to back cap, when we pushed Yellow, Reds were literally behind us shooting us with siege.

The group felt like a pendulum, back and forth, back and forth. fought on two fronts on literally every encounter the entire night. AD were like vultures, always coming in for the back cap. Everything on the map that was Blue by 10:30PM EST was hard earned and uphill the entire way.

We generally like to go where there's action. We've been trying to PvP on Shor more often (when there's good population), and I feel like we sieged a ton of places. In the earlier hours we actually had a lot of two-way battles against EP as they had a majority of the map. Once DC became the most population faction we felt that we had more pressing matters preventing DC from taking all the Emperor keeps even if that meant not dethroning EP (at one point there was only BRK left as emp keep, but DC had all the ring except Alessia and BRK!).

Until the last hour or so of playtime (around 10PM EST) we had anywhere from 4-8 players, 0 Earth Gore, 0 destro ultimates, 1-2 negates throughout the night. The last bit we had your friendly neighborhood Manoekin join in with a destro ultimate/Earthgore nightblade spec. For reference in case you were curious!

Overall we've had a lot of fun in Shor lately. Seems like less PvDoor required and more good fights. We encountered some "okay both those groups are stacking" moments but it is nowhere near as laggy or zergy as Vivec has been.

EDIT: Also, less salt. Still a good amount of salt, but less.
    Edited by Glory on November 21, 2017 6:27PM
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »

you guys run a VERY tight group I must say, it was fun as hell fighting you guys last night!

• xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glory wrote: »
    We generally like to go where there's action. We've been trying to PvP on Shor more often (when there's good population), and I feel like we sieged a ton of places. In the earlier hours we actually had a lot of two-way battles against EP as they had a majority of the map. Once DC became the most population faction we felt that we had more pressing matters preventing DC from taking all the Emperor keeps even if that meant not dethroning EP (at one point there was only BRK left as emp keep, but DC had all the ring except Alessia and BRK!).

Not only that, but while the red and blue groups were sized enough to fight each other fairly, blue decided to backcap Roe while the smaller AD group took the last emp keep and dethroned red.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heya guys!
    First I would like to say that I am very happy to see Shor have good action!
    As someone who plays from EU and whose performance has gotten to almost unplayable levels these recent patches - it's good to see that there is still a place I can go to and not completely lag out.

Now, onto the matter at hand. In regards to our group comp - I wasn't the only one healing. @usmcjdking was also doing an amazing job and keeping us up and purged. And all of us were trying to be as supportive as possible when we got in trouble - having wardens in group is really strong, and all of our Wardens were amazing at helping us out!
    And while we had Uren with us he was doing a great job at off-healing when we needed it.

We had at most 2 negates, but most of the time only one.

We had one of the best magicka DKs out there @Glory with insane AoE pressure.

We didn't have a single Earthgore up until the very end when Mano hopped in on his bombblade for a bit and he had Earthgore and destro. So that was pretty much it. :p

And of course @manny254 who is an absolutely horrible lead and always makes the worst calls ever!! I dunno how we put up with him! :trollface:

I have to say I was a bit disappointed to see the amount of DC at Chalman (kinda reminiscent of Vivec size groups) - but it was still an overall great fight and we had lots of fun in trying to see what our limits are!

Overall this was the best fun we've had in PvP in a very long time, and I sincerely hope Shor stays packed with action and free of salt and toxicity!
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »
    usmcjdking wrote: »

you guys run a VERY tight group I must say, it was fun as hell fighting you guys last night!

I agree. I was not trying to imply any funny business going on. We got beat up. What I appreciate though is how gracious they were with their victories. Pretty classy.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore_lai wrote: »
    Heya guys!
    First I would like to say that I am very happy to see Shor have good action!
    As someone who plays from EU and whose performance has gotten to almost unplayable levels these recent patches - it's good to see that there is still a place I can go to and not completely lag out.

Now, onto the matter at hand. In regards to our group comp - I wasn't the only one healing. @usmcjdking was also doing an amazing job and keeping us up and purged. And all of us were trying to be as supportive as possible when we got in trouble - having wardens in group is really strong, and all of our Wardens were amazing at helping us out!
    And while we had Uren with us he was doing a great job at off-healing when we needed it.

We had at most 2 negates, but most of the time only one.

We had one of the best magicka DKs out there @Glory with insane AoE pressure.

We didn't have a single Earthgore up until the very end when Mano hopped in on his bombblade for a bit and he had Earthgore and destro. So that was pretty much it. :p

And of course @manny254 who is an absolutely horrible lead and always makes the worst calls ever!! I dunno how we put up with him! :trollface:

I have to say I was a bit disappointed to see the amount of DC at Chalman (kinda reminiscent of Vivec size groups) - but it was still an overall great fight and we had lots of fun in trying to see what our limits are!

Overall this was the best fun we've had in PvP in a very long time, and I sincerely hope Shor stays packed with action and free of salt and toxicity!

one thing i learned from fighting against you guys last night, is we ( my guild groups ) def need work on a few things... I my self in particular originally was always building for more damage output rather than "what can I add to the group" ... ended up getting my whips at over 11-12k buffed tooltip and leap tooltip for 21k ... BUT ... that didnt "add to what is good for the grou" thing ... i think im gonna concentrate on that type of stuff from now on .... so thank you guys for "teaching" me that last night

• xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, my number one goal when I go to pvp isn't to win a campaign or get emp or whatever, (though helping to control the map and not get destroyed is still part of the overall goal) it's to have fun. But this is why we do stuff like take a keep and not repair the front door while there is a scroll in it to attract a good battle (and yes, it was tactical and not just about AP or yolo fighting in that we couldn't pick the scroll up anyway and red had all scrolls and emp, so letting blue push some and get a chance to fight for their scroll helps even things out overall).

Shor was a lot more fun than Vivec has been in a long time. Much less lag, probably due to less pop obviously and less zerg on zerg on zerg fights at one location. You expect to see a huge battle at key points, last emp keep or whatever, but all too often it's the norm even to take a resource. Even when most of the pop did show up in one area for a big fight, the lag was still minimal. The no sound bug is annoying however, tired of hearing nothing from the game everytime a big fight is going on especially when a lot of abilities have auditory queues.

I was a bit disappointed to see some of the groups that were there yesterday with as little pop as there was showing up in groups of 15-25 at various times to fight 4-5 people and setting up seige in addition to being triple our numbers lol. Or to see the same old larger factions not fighting each other b/c it's easier to backcap/pvdoor the smallest factions stuff, but it did seem like that was lesser than it usually is. All that being said, we like fighting outnumbered, so we had a lot of fun trying to hold back the wave at various points, even if it eventually washes over us.
    -- @xaraan --
    AD • NA • PC
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite fight last night was with AD holding the porch at Chal, us DC in the courtyard with EP trying to push through the outer front door. That was pretty fun. Bodies everywhere.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all