Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shor PC/NA "Official" Discussion

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
If you run a small group, solo, run a medium group we need you in a Shor. I’m not talking about weekend spill over from Vivec, but people who legit want to play regularly on weekdays even if it’s just two or three nights. I’ve talked with some EP players who believe the campaign is healthy and balanced even though EP currently has over 8k pts and AD sits at around 3k, DC currently over 6k due to some guilds coming over from Vivec occasionally. It was extremely refreshing to see some AD on earlier. I wish I had the time to put into running a consistent group, but unfortunately we need multiple people to come together to improve the population balance especially on AD. We lost some good people/guilds in recent weeks and it would be great to see Shor come back to what is was starting to become.
Edited by Vapirko on November 14, 2017 2:17AM
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played in Shor a little bit. I can see why DC (and AD especially) needs help, but the thing is it just lacks action. There's a core group EP group that'll show up if you try to de-emp their emp of the day, but if you succeed at that the action gets as tame as it was when you took their first 2-3 keeps.
    Edited by gabriebe on October 29, 2017 10:44AM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need DC in Sotha Sil :):/
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every faction brings a zerg sometimes. You should have seen the massive DC zerg Friday night. 50-60 DC in a blob, causing audio to cut out anytime you got near them. And DC already had emp.

Shor's biggest problem is that people quit and leave as soon as numbers are against them or if they are losing.
    gabriebe wrote: »
    I played in Shor a little bit. I can see why DC (and AD especially) needs help, but the thing is it just lacks action. There's a core group EP group that'll show up if you try to de-emp their emp of the day, but if you succeed at that the action gets as tame as it was when you took their first 2-3 keeps.

Because that core EP group is choosing not to push scrolls or trikeeps and mostly only shows up if someone wants to fight. Anyway we're going to AD Monday.

EP really only has a pug horde at this point. They may vanish as soon as EP is not dominant anymore, but with any luck they will stay and the AD pugs will get a morale boost and stick around too. AD did have (at least) 3 organized groups running last night, but that has not been the norm.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Every faction brings a zerg sometimes. You should have seen the massive DC zerg Friday night. 50-60 DC in a blob, causing audio to cut out anytime you got near them. And DC already had emp.

Shor's biggest problem is that people quit and leave as soon as numbers are against them or if they are losing.

Because that core EP group is choosing not to push scrolls or trikeeps and mostly only shows up if someone wants to fight. Anyway we're going to AD Monday.

EP really only has a pug horde at this point. They may vanish as soon as EP is not dominant anymore, but with any luck they will stay and the AD pugs will get a morale boost and stick around too. AD did have (at least) 3 organized groups running last night, but that has not been the norm.

Yeah I heard about the Friday Zerg, LOM I think? But again weekend is weekend. The problem also is a smallish group of EP that log on very late/early EST. I’m in Asia so I caught them today, they just pvdoor the whole map right to scrolls. It’s very poor form but they seem to not speak English super well or maybe at all. Shor is just in bad shape in terms of the kind of fights. It’s either be zerged down or have a fight and if you win the other group tends to just disappear like you say.

@morgul I probably won’t set foot in Sotha anytime soon. It was so toxic and full of bomb guilds that I’ll never go back so long as that is the case and judging my the Sotha thread here not much has changed.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LoM, some guilds that appeared to be PvE oriented, some Requiem and CTG people there no doubt there to support Wolvesmire's emp, and tons of untabarded DC. I have no idea what prompted it all at once. If it was just LoM, I'd say they were waiting for a Vivec queue.

Chatted with some DC friends and they were also mystified but saying DC zone chat was all about how it was great and they might stay. Ugh; if we wanted Vivec-sized zergs we'd play there. Faced with that huge stack and the other DC group elsewhere, all the EP pugs logged off. Not much we could do but we at least stayed and tried to defend on principle. A couple of the Judgement guys also stayed to the bitter end.

On the up side, population has been up this week for all 3 factions. Cultivating a culture where you don't push the other factions too hard is tough when the majority of players are not in groups or guilds, they are AP hungry, and "but DC/AD/EP does it to us."
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LoM, some guilds that appeared to be PvE oriented, some Requiem and CTG people there no doubt there to support Wolvesmire's emp, and tons of untabarded DC. I have no idea what prompted it all at once. If it was just LoM, I'd say they were waiting for a Vivec queue.

Chatted with some DC friends and they were also mystified but saying DC zone chat was all about how it was great and they might stay. Ugh; if we wanted Vivec-sized zergs we'd play there. Faced with that huge stack and the other DC group elsewhere, all the EP pugs logged off. Not much we could do but we at least stayed and tried to defend on principle. A couple of the Judgement guys also stayed to the bitter end.

On the up side, population has been up this week for all 3 factions. Cultivating a culture where you don't push the other factions too hard is tough when the majority of players are not in groups or guilds, they are AP hungry, and "but DC/AD/EP does it to us."

Agreed on all points. I don’t really know who the main EP group is, but so far every time I’ve logged on to play on weekends (again playing on se Asia time) it’s been max 5 dc defending against 15-20 EP mostly with emp. Hopefully things stabilize a little once the festival is over.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Yeah I heard about the Friday Zerg, LOM I think? But again weekend is weekend. The problem also is a smallish group of EP that log on very late/early EST. I’m in Asia so I caught them today, they just pvdoor the whole map right to scrolls. It’s very poor form but they seem to not speak English super well or maybe at all. Shor is just in bad shape in terms of the kind of fights. It’s either be zerged down or have a fight and if you win the other group tends to just disappear like you say.

@morgul I probably won’t set foot in Sotha anytime soon. It was so toxic and full of bomb guilds that I’ll never go back so long as that is the case and judging my the Sotha thread here not much has changed.

I agree it was pretty bad. But I went back just to see a few days ago and found it was better. Now im getting back in there as we have no more non cp BG and I feel the fights are better. Not sure yet as its only been a few days
    Edited by Morgul667 on October 30, 2017 4:22AM
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LoM went to Shor last Friday for like 30-60 minutes because we kept lagging/crashing in Vivec, and these days we only run a proper raid about once a week on Fridays. We called it a night really early when we got the inner 6 back. We had about 20, not 60 lol.
    Edited by gabriebe on October 30, 2017 1:23PM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Too bad you can't screen shot both pins. Pay no attention to those other guilds stacked with you at Arrius.

MDGaREH.jpg
  • Montayva
    Montayva
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yah I didn’t realise arrius was an emp keep, but the more you know!
    Montayva: EP, AD, DC Magplar | Mistress Montayva: AD, DC, EP Mag DK | Rharhey: EP, AD Mag Sorccrafters
    Nirnrewt/ Nutella/Nirncrux: AD, EP, DC Stamblades+Stamdens
    ES Cosplayer wannabe

Beholder of the power to unleash the QAM HAM
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, that's hardly 60. I count 38.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's one of 2 pins.

Anyway zerg happens, that's a side issue. More groups like yours, @DeadlyRecluse are what Shor needs. You were running like 10-12 the other night? Maybe less with pugs tagging along?
    Edited by NBrookus on October 30, 2017 9:28PM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been to shor yesterday afternoon and it was quite fun ^^

Might come back :-D

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked the facts it was small group fights. We were 3, 4 or 5 depending on the time. And fighting similar size groups (slightly bigger ;) ) and it was fun :)
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's one of 2 pins.

Anyway zerg happens, that's a side issue. More groups like yours, @DeadlyRecluse are what Shor needs. You were running like 10-12 the other night? Maybe less with pugs tagging along?

We typically hit 6, with occasionally about 10. 12 only really happens if we have some kind of event.

We'll *probably* get back in from time to time, but it was just so inconsistent that it's not really worth "homing" for us right now. Even Sotha has gotten so inconsistent it seems like there isn't much to do besides settle into Vivec.

At the moment, our standard operating procedure is to play Sotha on PvP nights (but that's only 2-3 nights a week) unless it's too yellow, in which case we'll try Shor. We were in there for a couple hours last week during one of Son of Grimfire's emps and had a great time.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    I liked the facts it was small group fights. We were 3, 4 or 5 depending on the time. And fighting similar size groups (slightly bigger ;) ) and it was fun :)

Exactly! This is what many of us want Shor to be and it has been for the most part. If you want big group and zergs vivec is there, Sotha for all your no cp needs, and Shor for small to medium scale fights. I think the other day defending emp at ales we fought ad and ep at once and every team had around 20 as a rough estimate. AD maybe a little less, it was hard to tell but it was a great fight.
    Edited by Vapirko on October 31, 2017 4:18AM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tonight was pretty good aside from Monday emp madness. AD had a lot of numbers early and unfortunately pushed EP to their gates, but EP still had two separate emps in one evening. Which said less about the EP than the large group of AD holding Warden instead of home keeps. :|

Welcome back, @Rickter and Requiem.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonight was pretty good aside from Monday emp madness. AD had a lot of numbers early and unfortunately pushed EP to their gates, but EP still had two separate emps in one evening. Which said less about the EP than the large group of AD holding Warden instead of home keeps. :|

Welcome back, @Rickter and Requiem.

Requiems back already? :D that’s great, I joke.

There hasn’t been some issue with certain AD pushing into our tri keeps for no reason such as when ep is holding emp. Likely EP logged onto AD toons I would assume.

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this the new Shor thread?

Fantastic!

Ya'll ready for a book? It's time we had a little good ol fashioned story time in this thread!!

Yes <Requiem> is back on Shor. For the foreseeable future. We fielded 14 guild members, plus 5 from <Call to Glory> plus 2 from zone chat rounding out the group to 21. That was huge for us. However, only 14 out of that 21 were actually in Discord and we had a group of 3-5 trying to back cap while we held the main AD force at bay via Blue Road Keep so I cant say we ever had a full force of 21 at any one time.

It is good to be back. But please do not let one week diminish or otherwise discredit anything I've tried to do on Shor. I hate that our flawless record of standing vigilant sentinel on Shor is over, but it appears we all have to take a break to see that the grass is not greener on the other side, even <Requiem>. Its not that long of a story. Basically, This comment by @Takuto summed it up for us as well. And i certainly do not mean to be calling anyone out, Brookus, it was just unfortunately, the general consensus amoungst the guild at the time. I do appreciate and commemorate your guild's efforts to uphold "codes of honor" as QAM put it. I'm not being sarcastic either and trust me, please, I did bring it up many times that even though your group was a tough cookie, it was far better than some alternatives.

In any case, I moved the guild over to Sotha because of that growing contempt within Requiem, and because I genuinely thought we could do some good over there.

In the one week we were away from Shor, we discovered an environment we were not prepared for, or even necessarily wanted to conform to on Sotha Sil. But an indepth analysis that I will also post in the Sotha Thread is as follows:
    Kill Enemy Nightblades = Kill Enemy Players. That is a fact on Sotha Sil. What that means? every single engagement we're taking a hail of arrow fire and when attempting to deal with that "tactic" the nbs just cloak away and popping innerlight/camo hunter immediately is seemingly useless, due to the innate server lag that is unavoidable and not specific to ESO.

As if that wasnt frustrating enough, the players on Sotha have been thoroughly trained to lay copious amounts of fire siege immediately on enemy contact due to their months having to fight off true 60 man zergs.

So a stand up, straight up fight is nigh non-existent on Sotha Sil and I admit, as a raid leader I did not adapt by designating siegers, or necessarily adjust our positioning to handle the nb archers and sieging. It's just not an environment we were used to, equipped for, or expecting. It would take dedication, hard work, and a true focus to adapt/adjust/conform to the server's combat demands.

The politics were present but not as much of a nuisance as the forums make it out to be. We just wanted to fight and push objectives and have fun. Instead, we found groups excluding @DeadlyRecluse 's (who always came out and romped with the best of them :wink: ), cowering in keeps, firing siege like there was no tomorrow and cloaking nightblades picking off people from max distance but crumble under 2 dizzying swings IF you catch them. I honestly have never seen the knee jerk, instinctual reaction to lay siege immediately upon enemy contact as I have in Sotha. I believe it's become the "new thing" and that makes me very sad and worried.

So yes, <Requiem> is back and we plan on upholding all "codes of honor" as before as well as "pvping through example". We had absolutely amazing 5 combat exchanges with the fine folks at <Darkest Requiem> and mad props to @Dutchessx and @pzschrek and all of you fine gentlemen and ladies. Getting whispers like "that was a great fight!" after a solid 8 minutes of pure 15 v 15 ++ combat was the most exhilarating and refreshing pvp ive experienced in ESO in the year of 2017. And that was just one of the 5 exchanges we had.

@NBrookus props to you and yours for going to AD and attempting to balance things out. It was a pleasure fighting you all as well and I do appreciate the warm welcome. Lextor is an old school player and his quality is well known amoung his enemies as is the QAM HAM. I dont really know the numbers, just that most of the fighting was rather one sided. Hopefully we get more chances to test our mettle.

The End.
    Edited by Rickter on October 31, 2017 12:24PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    excluding @DeadlyRecluse 's (who always came out and romped with the best of them :wink: ).

Ayyy appreciate the props...even though I dropped coldfire on y'all in like 3 field fights : P

We'll see you periodically, I'm sure.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, there ya go folks, siege was dropped on us so stealthily we didnt even notice.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep @Rickter those were some good fights.

I don't play Shor too often, I missed the DC zerg I guess, I logged on as usual around 8c and we just had two or our tri keeps but in the fights to reestablish position on the map it seemed pretty even DC and EP at that point, but there weren't much AD around.

When Requiem logged we puttered around a bit and broke up because there wasn't really anyone around for a 10-12 person group to fight.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pzschrek wrote: »
    Yep @Rickter those were some good fights.

I don't play Shor too often, I missed the DC zerg I guess, I logged on as usual around 8c and we just had two or our tri keeps but in the fights to reestablish position on the map it seemed pretty even DC and EP at that point, but there weren't much AD around.

When Requiem logged we puttered around a bit and broke up because there wasn't really anyone around for a 10-12 person group to fight.

which is strange, because we counted 17 at the very least AD. Lextor had a medium sized group and there were those from <BCC> as well. We were pretty out gunned for most of the night. AD was taking Warden and Rayles which we got back before calling it a night but as I logged, Warden was flagged again by AD.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I don't know then, maybe they were picking on you guys or something. We PvDoored both BRK and sej back without a response and decided that meant the AD were gone.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pzschrek wrote: »
    Yeah I don't know then, maybe they were picking on you guys or something. We PvDoored both BRK and sej back without a response and decided that meant the AD were gone.

I didnt want to jump to any conclusions, but Warden did have Requiem's name on it. meh, it's whatever I suppose.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There was a period in the night when DC was a whisker away from emp, but I'd agree that DC was a little lean on numbers particularly before and after Requiem was running. Still, it may have been the closest to even population Shor has seen in a long time. A positive sign, I hope.

@pzschrek BCC was 3-5, Lextor's group was mid-sized and there were maybe a dozen-ish AD that were either pugs or untabarded that were bouncing around to wherever they saw action. Dead Wait also had a small group but I think they logged about the time DR got past Arrius. It was a lot of AD compared to recent weeks.
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Likely EP logged onto AD toons I would assume.

Only the handful of us; the @ names we were seeing on AD weren't EP names. I really think (this time) it was just AP farming without considering the overall health of the campaign.

The weekly Monday AP feeding frenzy is a good argument for making Shor a 30 day campaign. But I suspect ZOS considers that a "feature" to make emp a little more achieveable for the majority of players.

BTW @Rickter , Requiem's camp and rez discipline has become a source of frustration, admiration and a running joke about "if I were Rickter, where would I drop this camp." :D

Fair warning for any of your guildies with Leap PTSD... we may have been on templars last night but we also have AD DKs. >:)
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im going to start laying them in bizarre places. ;)

Requiem wont be on tonight, at least in full raid format. Were going to do the new trial and get everyone asylum weapons
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday was good again, small scales fights.

Was nice
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Yesterday was good again, small scales fights.

Was nice

Awesome! Welcome to the potential of Shor. This week has been really well balanced compared to the previous week or two and its good to see. Had a lot of fun soloing around for a little tonight, practicing my magplar, blocking transit lines to defend emp. EP was putting up a good fight and had some real good AD players on too, including a strong duo and a solid 4 or 5 person group. Surprisingly DC had two bars to AD/EP one bar when I got on.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For many of us, it was a fruitful night in Asylum Sanctorium. <Requiem> will be on tonight en raid.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE: