The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v3.2.4

• xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xSkullfox wrote: »
    4zk8qe7qpg2v.jpg

daz7v5dd0ib2.png
    Fixtures
    • Fixed some gaps found between walls and doorframes.
    • Fixed various assets with visible seams.

4k3bqn95brta.png
    General
    • Adjusted the minimum level for the following Normal Difficulty dungeons to Level 45 for the purposes of using the Dungeon Finder:
      • Banished Cells 2 do able with low lvl
      • Bloodroot Forge
      • City of Ash 2 do able with low lvl
      • Cradle of Shadows
      • Crypt of Hearts 2 do able with low lvl
      • Darkshade Caverns 2 do able with low lvl
      • Elden Hollow 2 do able with low lvl
      • Falkreath Hold
      • Fungal Grotto 2 do able with low lvl
      • Imperial City Prison
      • Ruins of Mazzatun
      • Spindleclutch 2 do able with low lvl
      • Wayrest Sewers do able with low lvl
      • White-Gold Tower
    • Adjusted the minimum level for the following Veteran Difficulty dungeons to CP160 for the purposes of using the Dungeon Finder:
      • Veteran Bloodroot Forge
      • Veteran City of Ash 2 do able with low cp lvl
      • Veteran Cradle of Shadows
      • Veteran Crypt of Hearts 2 do able with low cp lvl
      • Veteran Falkreath Hold
      • Veteran Imperial City Prison
      • Veteran Ruins of Mazzatun
      • Veteran White-Gold Tower

We only want fu..... min lvl for dlc dungeons !!! but no one from ZOS listens..... srly its not funny anymore.

COA 2, COH 2 is harder even for CP 160. You clearly need to spend sometime with PUGS then comments @ forum..

Then they should use their brain to learn the game then, currently the game moves more into -> no brain req. direction.
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
    • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
    • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
    • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
  • steussy
    steussy
    ✭✭✭
    This is garbage, but thank you for now saving me the expense I spend on what could of been a great game. Nerfed in to the ground by people who don't have a grasp of their own game apparently.
  • kookster
    kookster
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do not agree with resto ult being cheaper than the sword and board ult. I have killed maybe 3 people with a resto ult up, and I killed way more than 20+ people with a sword and board ult up. You are almost unkillable with a resto ult up. With a sword and board ult you are very hard to kill by melee but not unkillable. Especially with how many abilities are unblockable these days I think resto should be the more expensive one not sword and board.

I think the resto ult should cost 135 and the sword and board ult cost 125.
    Potato Pact - PC NA
  • skinnycheeks
    skinnycheeks
    ✭✭✭✭
    xSkullfox wrote: »
    4zk8qe7qpg2v.jpg

daz7v5dd0ib2.png
    Fixtures
    • Fixed some gaps found between walls and doorframes.
    • Fixed various assets with visible seams.

4k3bqn95brta.png
    General
    • Adjusted the minimum level for the following Normal Difficulty dungeons to Level 45 for the purposes of using the Dungeon Finder:
      • Banished Cells 2 do able with low lvl
      • Bloodroot Forge
      • City of Ash 2 do able with low lvl
      • Cradle of Shadows
      • Crypt of Hearts 2 do able with low lvl
      • Darkshade Caverns 2 do able with low lvl
      • Elden Hollow 2 do able with low lvl
      • Falkreath Hold
      • Fungal Grotto 2 do able with low lvl
      • Imperial City Prison
      • Ruins of Mazzatun
      • Spindleclutch 2 do able with low lvl
      • Wayrest Sewers do able with low lvl
      • White-Gold Tower
    • Adjusted the minimum level for the following Veteran Difficulty dungeons to CP160 for the purposes of using the Dungeon Finder:
      • Veteran Bloodroot Forge
      • Veteran City of Ash 2 do able with low cp lvl
      • Veteran Cradle of Shadows
      • Veteran Crypt of Hearts 2 do able with low cp lvl
      • Veteran Falkreath Hold
      • Veteran Imperial City Prison
      • Veteran Ruins of Mazzatun
      • Veteran White-Gold Tower

We only want fu..... min lvl for dlc dungeons !!! but no one from ZOS listens..... srly its not funny anymore.

It's only for queuing with group finder. You can still do the dungeons at lower lvls. I think you are overreacting lol
  • sly007
    sly007
    ✭✭✭✭
    OdinForge wrote: »
    Xvorg wrote: »
    bhc0sqkk3fwc.jpg

grywrtcxceft.png
    Sorcerer
    • Dark Magic
      • Crystal Shards: This ability and the Crystal Fragments morph no longer stun the enemy hit. The Crystal Blast morph continues to stun the initial enemy hit.
        Developer Comment:
        We wanted to separate the function of abilities into more distinct roles. Crystal Shards was overloaded since it had high damage, instant cast, stun, reduced cost. Now if the sorcerer wants a stun they have to either go through a cast time or deal reduced damage.

Lol.

Funny thing, when listing the advantages of frags it seems it has as much advantages as the old WB.

It's funny when you see wrecking blow get reflected back at you, oh wait. Wrecking blow can be cast at melee range without the ability to be interrupted or reflected.

The two abilities are fundamentally different.

You can walk away from dizzy swing, wall through it. It's melee so of course it can't be reflected. The two skills may have done differences but the statement is not farfetched.
    Edited by sly007 on October 16, 2017 4:25PM
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »

It is worth looking at the bigger picture. All of the major pvp defensive ults where nerfed. As an overall change this is good for the health of the game.

Wardens are underperforming in every aspect of PVE (the majority of the game). Templars heal better, every magicka class does more DPS, and DKs tank better. The only role they do well is stamina DPS. How is nerfing the worst class good for the health of the game?

The only thing Warden sucks at in pve is dps. Warden tanks and healers are OPAF. That said, I still don't agree with these changes.
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, dozens of players over a month of PTS telling you Templar is broken and not a single fix. Ok then. Sadly, I can no longer sub to a game where class balance is not a dev priority.

The fix is so simple for them too, our execute and spammable. I agree with you that they have given ZERO attention to my main! The nail in the coffin was the 21% nerf to beam, which was an attempt at PVP balance!!! And now here we continue to be at the bottom of the list.
    Edited by itsfatbass on October 16, 2017 4:28PM
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • theamazingx
    theamazingx
    ✭✭✭✭
    What happened to reducing the Secluded Grove healing output while maintaining the low cost? So it now got a healing nerf by 33% AND a cost increase from 75 to 90?

cwUfCB3NTTg3F3WRxA7U1ruQ.jpeg
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    sly007 wrote: »
    bhc0sqkk3fwc.jpg

grywrtcxceft.png
    Sorcerer
    • Dark Magic
      • Crystal Shards: This ability and the Crystal Fragments morph no longer stun the enemy hit. The Crystal Blast morph continues to stun the initial enemy hit.
        Developer Comment:
        We wanted to separate the function of abilities into more distinct roles. Crystal Shards was overloaded since it had high damage, instant cast, stun, reduced cost. Now if the sorcerer wants a stun they have to either go through a cast time or deal reduced damage.

Lol.

Funny thing, when listing the advantages of frags it seems it has as much advantages as the old WB.

It's funny when you see wrecking blow get reflected back at you, oh wait. Wrecking blow can be cast at melee range without the ability to be interrupted or reflected.

You can walk away from dizzy swing, wall through it. It's melee so of choose it can't be rejected. Wrecking blow can ONLY be use in melee. The two skills may have done differences but the statement is not farfetched.

You will run out of resources avoiding dizzying swing, long before the caster runs out of resources casting it. If you think you can simply walk out of range from dizzying swing with the multitude of snares in this game I'm not sure what you're playing.

The logic above does not apply to crystal fragments (or crystal blast) as it has far more counters available to it. It can be interrupted at range (crushing shock, venom arrow) and at melee for far less resource consumption than trying to avoiding dizzying swing, it can be reflected, passively dodged, roll dodged or blocked and you can even walk through the crystal frag user.

It is far easier to avoid crystal fragments currently than it is dizzying swing.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Theodard
    Theodard
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    On topic of the frags nerf: Nobody is going to use crystal blast for the stun - quite frankly said: nobody is going to use crystal blast at all.

Nope not at all. I've never even used that morph on any of my Sorcs ever.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Resto ult is much stronger than snb, it should cost as much as snb one.
  • FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bhc0sqkk3fwc.jpg

grywrtcxceft.png
    Sorcerer
    • Dark Magic
        Developer Comment:

Lol.

You can walk away from dizzy swing, wall through it. It's melee so of choose it can't be rejected. Wrecking blow can ONLY be use in melee. The two skills may have done differences but the statement is not farfetched.

You will run out of resources avoiding dizzying swing, long before the caster runs out of resources casting it. If you think you can simply walk out of range from dizzying swing with the multitude of snares in this game I'm not sure what you're playing.

The logic above does not apply to crystal fragments (or crystal blast) as it has far more counters available to it. It can be interrupted at range (crushing shock, venom arrow) and at melee for far less resource consumption than trying to avoiding dizzying swing, it can be reflected, passively dodged, roll dodged or blocked and you can even walk through the crystal frag user.

It is far easier to avoid crystal fragments currently than it is dizzying swing.

Wat.

It's much more difficult to try to avoid Crystal Fragment procs without running out of stamina dodging and blocking, than it is to simply walk through someone casting Dizzying Swing or stun them mid-swing.

Dizzying Swing also doesn't have a fancy instant-cast proc with increased damage and decreased cost, and is also melee-ranged. Crystal Fragments has a ton of damage, is ranged, and has a bonus damage proc with decreased cost.
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    Zos your decision to remove wrath without adding anything in return is cruel to hybrid and niche builds and no one once said wrath was a op passive.

No one said wrath was OP? I think you had your head in the sand.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On topic of the frags nerf: Nobody is going to use crystal blast for the stun - quite frankly said: nobody is going to use crystal blast at all.
    Theodard wrote: »

Agree with both of you. I think this applies to all cast time abilities. They can nerf alternatives all they want, nobody will use a slow ability unless they turn it into an instant ability. It's the same reason everyone hates the heavy attack meta, it is slow and boring. Instant abilities are fast-paced and exciting, responsive and satisfying.

As for the stun removal from frags, I will miss it in VMA, but it won't be bad for any group PVE content. Will probably keep my tanks happier with me (they don't like stuns before chains).

Edited by WrathOfInnos on October 16, 2017 4:45PM
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish that level
    Bless the dungeon finder changes.

Indeed. Whish they did something similar for Battleground grouping as well. I am kinda sick and tired of seeing level 12 people in group. Even without a weapon equipped, i had someone trying to punch enemies with barehands in a deathmatch :/
    PC|EU
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent balance changes here, ZoS. Well done. I think resto ulti could’ve used a bump up to possibly 150 but I’m guessing this would’ve interferes with PvE too much. I think the Sorc changes were well in line and the shield ulti is much welcomed. Heavy armor looks like it’s finally where it should be, for tanking.

Overall, excellent across the board.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bhc0sqkk3fwc.jpg

grywrtcxceft.png
    Sorcerer
    • Dark Magic
        Developer Comment:

Lol.

Wat.

It's much more difficult to try to avoid Crystal Fragment procs without running out of stamina dodging and blocking, than it is to simply walk through someone casting Dizzying Swing or stun them mid-swing.

Dizzying Swing also doesn't have a fancy instant-cast proc with increased damage and decreased cost, and is also melee-ranged. Crystal Fragments has a ton of damage, is ranged, and has a bonus damage proc with decreased cost.

You don't run out of stamina blocking instant proc frag, and you cannot stun someone in CC immunity. Dizzying swing has a competitive tooltip to fragments, without the need for a self empower or instant cast because it cannot be interrupted.

If you're a magicka build you cannot argue that it's harder to avoid frags. Any magicka build worth its weight can sustain block vs instant cast frags, with a multitude of options (reflect, occasional dodge, block, shield) to deal with it.

But you cannot fight a stamina build and expect to simply walk out of dizzying swing, especially if you're snared.

And if you're a stamina build you cannot argue that frags is somehow harder to avoid with better stamina sustain, it's a literal projectile at range that can be blocked to downright passively dodged.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well looks like zos just turned one of the last dw magdk into a perma blocking one
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree with both of you. I think this applies to all cast time abilities. They can nerf alternatives all they want, nobody will use a slow ability unless they turn it into an instant ability. It's the same reason everyone hates the heavy attack meta, it is slow and boring. Instant abilities are fast-paced and exciting, responsive and satisfying.

As for the stun removal from frags, I will miss it in VMA, but it won't be bad for any group PVE content. Will probably keep my tanks happier with me (they don't like stuns before chains).

100% this. They could delete frags and i wouldn´t slot blast. I would slot a different ability altogether.

Casttime offensive skills that are interruptable do not work period.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Secluded Grove: Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs to 90 Ultimate, up from 75.

Warden PvE tanking with War Machine/Master Architect nerfed because of PvP . Great . Even though you said that it will be just a decrease in healing , you increased cost . Great job .
    We want each of the three armor types to have unique trade-offs. Heavy Armor’s main advantage is its increase to survivability, while the disadvantage is its lower damage and healing power. To emphasize this distinction, we’ve removed the Wrath passive.

Removal of Wrath hurts not only damage of HA users , but also healing done . More healing = more tankiness . By removing Wrath , you also reduce survivability . You could have nerfed certain sets that gives damage to user (7th legion , Fury , Ravager etc) but no . That's too much work , isn't it ? These heavy armor sets were covering the lack of offensive stats while the user was heavily speccing into block cost reduction and block all day . That's how you could tank and kill at the same time , even though it only works against potatos . Instead of nerfing these sets , you just nerfed every Heavy Armor user . You could at least made a small boost to Healing Taken or the Juggernaut passive . More importantly , you could have made Immovable something useful . The change you did is nowhere close to solving permablock builds issue . If you only listened to countless comments and threads about this , you could have done much better changes .
    Rune Prison: Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 16%.

This doesn't make a single difference . This will just result in less skill-required gameplay . Put your Rune Prison up and stun your enemy on cooldown automatically . This change is absolutely crazy and I don't know why you are still keeping it . Same thing with Petrify and the other Templar stun skill . Cost increase won't change anything . Just revert those .
    Panacea: Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs to 125 Ultimate from 100.

A sticky healing skill that gives Major Protection . 10 second duration if solo . What you expect is players using this more carefully and only when in real danger . Well , no . What actually happens is people not caring and still enjoy their 10 second Major Protection with overkill heals still going while getting attacked by several other players .
    Crystal Shards: This ability and the Crystal Fragments morph no longer stun the enemy hit. The Crystal Blast morph continues to stun the initial enemy hit.

No one cares ! Who would use a skill with casting time if you can automatically stun your enemy on cooldown with Rune Prison ?! Why do I even have to explain this ? Is it really so hard to see ?
    Merciless Charge (Maelstrom 2H): Increased the damage done by this Item Set’s proc to 6000 damage over 5 seconds, up from 4300 damage over 5 seconds.

600 damage per second before mitigation and purgable . LOL .

Last words about Heavy Armor . This is a quote from Wrobel I took from this thread .
    All 3 armor types must be desirable. This means Heavy Armor needs to be useful for tanking, but also effective at dealing damage.

Well , I know Heavy Armor is effective at dealing damage but not thanks to Wrath . It is some certain sets that allow this as I said before (Ravager , 7th Legion , Fury) and unless these are nerfed/gone , Heavy will still be good at dealing damage . Yes , you nerfed damage but nerfing the Healing with it was unnecessary . Heavy Armor users are supposed to be tanky and reducing their Healing Done is something completely opposite . Look from every angle before you throw changes like this .
  • rk110132
    rk110132
    ✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    Are there still balance changes coming? (stam >> mag dps, heavy attack pve combat, terrible mag warden dps, ...)

Stam should always be greater than mag dps because stam has no shields and they are mostly melee so I agree heavy attack builds are op and should be replaced with light attack ones. Mag dps should only be buffed if they are melee
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_Wrobel now that you've finally thrown Wrath into the trashcan where it belongs, could we get the original Bracing back? You know, the one that you replaced with Wrath despite much protest from the community?
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, do the changes to dungeon finder also mean, if we queue as a premade group, who is fine with everyone's level, even if some are lower than the new minimum, we can't use the dungeon finder to do e.g. a random dungeon?

I can agree that something like this makes sense if the group actually gets put together by the dungeon finder, but it shouldn't apply for an already formed group that wants to queue.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

100% this. They could delete frags and i wouldn´t slot blast. I would slot a different ability altogether.

Casttime offensive skills that are interruptable do not work period.

They could have made it so one morph was instant cast; the other is high dmg cast-time with chance for instant proc. It would still be reflect-able/dodged/blocked, so its not like counters already exist for this ability.

But even with that change no one would slot the CC morph; too many counters. Given it's AOE nature, it should have been an unblockable cc ranged spell or grants status effect similar to dark flare to offset it's cast time.

But yea, the only players that will use cast time abilities are ones that are uninterruptible melee spells.
    Edited by Minno on October 16, 2017 5:11PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you guy's really just remove wrath but replace it with nothing??
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rk110132 wrote: »
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    Are there still balance changes coming? (stam >> mag dps, heavy attack pve combat, terrible mag warden dps, ...)

Stam should always be greater than mag dps because stam has no shields and they are mostly melee so I agree heavy attack builds are op and should be replaced with light attack ones. Mag dps should only be buffed if they are melee

You know how strong blade cloak is? Also i do not get that melee should have higher dps thing. Take vmol hm for example: The range dds have to do all the dangerous mechanics while the melee can safely dps the boss.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • TheLionFromTheNorth
    1xpfk3pzsyw.jpg
    @TheLionFromTheNorth
    >Check out my Youtube channel!<

Guildmaster & Raidleader of
    PANTHERRA
    07.11.2017 - 11.01.2019

Ebonheart Pact PvP
    PC - EU Sotha Sil

PVP CHARS:
    RAID CHARS
    EP - L Î O N A - Bombblade
    EP - L I O N - Magicka Dragonknigth
    EP - Aéla Lionheart - Stamina Warden
    EP - The Lîon From The North - Templar Purge
    EP - Morrîgan - Templar Heal
    EP - Pee In Your Tea - Speedbuff

AD - L Î O N X - Bombblade

SOLO CHARS
    EP - L I O N A - Magicka Sorcerer
    EP - Bua Nó Bás - Stamina Nigthblade
    EP - Garry The Lizard - Magicka DK

> 65.000.000 AP
  • NotChuckNorris
    NotChuckNorris
    Soul Shriven
    I really like a lot of these combat balance changes, along with some of the changes from previous patch notes its a step in the right direction for improving the PvP experience. But if you wish to emphasize heavy Armors main advantage being increased survivability and having a distinct disadvantage with damage output, then please look into some of the heavy armor weapon damage sets (e.g. fury, ravager, seventh legion), even with the wrath changes heavy armor stamina builds will still be able to have pretty decent damage outputs.
    some nerd
  • gil_galad_67b16_ESO
    gil_galad_67b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Edited by gil_galad_67b16_ESO on October 16, 2017 5:38PM
  • Epicasballs
    Epicasballs
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wanted wrath gone for flavor reasons... made zero sense giving HA tanks a dps passive but I did't expect the lack of effort coming up with a "replacement" for it. It would hurt HA meta more by converting all dps sets like Fury into MA sets. Or amend battle spirit debuff to say all dmg and healing done while wearing 5p HA is reduced by an additional 25%... increase the cost of block by 50% also. If you want to nerf the HA meta go all the way... taking wrath away changes nothing while 7th Legion, Fury and Ravager exist as HA still and perma blocking can still be achieved. Foolish half measure. Or you could BUFF MA and LA...

Honestly adding another passive might have broke HA in a worse way so I don't really care. HA does slightly less dmg now... so that is a bit of progress.

On some real levels though about perma blockers...

Siphoner CP should be changed to a drain against blocking targets... drain 10% of targets max stam if they block a direct dmg attack. Make block a reactionary event you need to weigh against other options instead of holding down the block button and forgeting about it. We have CP to increase dmg done against shielded targets but no counter CP to the reduced block cost CP. We need a counter against perma blockers... give us something that increases targets block cost or drains a blocking targets resources. Siphoner only punishes high regen builds and doesn't affect HA users at all... especially perma blockers.

@ZOS_GinaBruno