Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v3.2.4

• Larsay
    Larsay
    ✭✭✭
    CSessions wrote: »
    9zrbea6c4mxx.jpg

i3xtdh5u49ri.png
    Warden
    • Green Balance
      • Secluded Grove: Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs to 90 Ultimate, up from 75.

You keep nerfing our heals which currently is the only thing that a Warden is good at, but yet you will not address the low/no dps that mag wardens face. On my Templar healer using same gear as my warden I can hybrid heal/dps and pull twice the damage that my warden can. If I go full out DPS my warden can barely pull 20k dps on target dummy.

Please quit nerfing the only thing a warden is good at without providing something on the other end.

You need warden ult heal for pve?

It is not a terrible Ultimate in PvE. Was the only Healing Ultimate in PvE worth using if you were going to use a Healing Ultimate. But, I think whether or not people were or were not using it in pve is not the point. The real point is that a skill was nerfed for the sake of PvP and PvP alone with no though as to if it had any benefit or loss in PvE.

This is the problem. Ultimately you get out into PvP and everyone complains that ZoS cares nothing about the Health of PvP.... get into a decent PvE group and the same complaint is present; ZoS cares nothing about the health of PvE. Just from simple polling most players think ZoS does not care about having a fun a balance game.

The whole damn problem with the system is PvP will always be unbalanced if skills are balanced around PvE.... PvE will always feel like a watered down mess if the game is balanced around PvP.

Just split the function of skills up already like every other decent game and call it a day. It already started when Battle Spirit was first put in and added upon when the reduced healing etc was added to it.

Just ZoS do everyone a favor, especially yourselves. Split PvP and PvE balancing already.
    Guild Leader of CtrlAltElite
    Heidi Oakheart - Nord - Dragon Knight - Trial Tank - Stormproof
    Drinda Ebonheart - Imperial - Nightblade - Trial Tank - Stormproof
    Larsay Faithhealer - Breton - Templar - Trial Healer - Stormproof
    Ingrid Winterborn - Redguard - Dragon Knight - Stamina DPS -Stormproof
    Elina Hailstorm - Bosmer - Sorcerer - Stamina DPS - Stormproof
    Gwen Stormarrow - Breton - Sorcerer - Magicka DPS - Stormproof
    Regina Lightbringer - Redguard - Templar - Stamina DPS - Stormproof

Notable Clears vHRC HM, vAA HM, vSO HM, vMoL, vAS
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic move on the heavy armor passives. Cyrodiil may actually be fun again. At the very least that's making great strides in that direction.

I'd buy you all a steak dinner if I lived closer... and wasn't broke.

200 weapon damage isn't going to make any noticeable difference one way or another except for maybe the few heavy armor builds that rely on lower damage like some of the MagDK and Magplar. For others that are wearing sets like Warriors Fury and proc'ing up to 750 weapon damage on one set it's nothing.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who can spot which one of all these changes was suggested by player feedback?
    I'm having a really hard time finding one that zos used due to player discussion

Stun on scatter shot, was player feedback. Could really use a lot more but ill take the stun over disorient and be pleasantly surprised that they addressed bows at all.

1.5s stun is worse than the disorient.

Need to test if that stun is unblockable. If it is, then bow users got a nice little buff.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    I'm having a really hard time finding one that zos used due to player discussion

Stun on scatter shot, was player feedback. Could really use a lot more but ill take the stun over disorient and be pleasantly surprised that they addressed bows at all.

Need to test if that stun is unblockable. If it is, then bow users got a nice little buff.

Scattershot has knockback before disorient/stun. SO it was never unblockable (and still is not)
    Edited by SodanTok on October 16, 2017 8:30PM
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Maybe I'm thinking about the wrong thing, but doesn't the disorient allow you to be "double-cc'd" Didn't they change another skill in the past to take away the disorient for this reason, reverb bash used to disorient.

And with both you could "double-cc".
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    Rohaus wrote: »
    It is already difficult for 1vX these days with the Zerg trains... ZOS just keeps nerfing to the point where the game will eventually just be Zerg to kill or GTFO.

You know what? That's what they always wanted; alliance versus alliance; army versus army.
    Nobody was ever meant to solo or small group in pvp until dueling was added and then Battlegrounds.

Great so, then, why is the server melting down when "alliance versus alliance" fights occur? If that's how Cyrodiil is meant to be played.

And oh, while I do get what you are trying to say, the trouble is, the zergs are usually mindless and you get bored doing them or fighting them very fast and very quickly.
    So small grouping in PVP should be also possible and encouraged, even by some small campaigns that are currently dead or abused by clans for easy wins.

That was my point. They messed it up from the very start.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Disorient gave free CC immunity as 99% of times they will be broken out of disorient before they have a chance to break free, more than 50% of the time they will be broken free before they even land from the short knockback.

I use it extensively, the primary advantage of the skill up till now was the potential to delay the cast of a heal or mitigation by 0.5 seconds or so and thus allow your burst to possibly kill them.

The stun wont break on damage which means almost half of my ballista can land instead of 1-2 ticks. Landing a Dragon leap on a target that isnt blocking or shielding will be significantly more likely.

I can actually get a snipe off on them if they fail to break free. With disorient they would be broken free by my own dots, much less anyone elses dots/damage almost instantly.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To all the people who complain about the problem with heavy sets adding too much WD:

Fury, 7th, truth and ravager can all be worn paired with a medium set. I ran ravager and draugr with 1 ravager neck chest legs and dual weapons. You cam get truth in robust rings and do the same idea without sacrificing stamina and pair it with hundings or any other medium set of your choosing.

Going with 1 or 2 healthy jewelry can allow you to use lava foot instead of dubious for a better overall setup.

Just my 2 cents.
    Psn l---Salty---l

Patiently waiting to make a Stankcromancer.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OdinForge wrote: »

Maybe I'm thinking about the wrong thing, but doesn't the disorient allow you to be "double-cc'd" Didn't they change another skill in the past to take away the disorient for this reason, reverb bash used to disorient.

And with both you could "double-cc".

It occiasionally bugged out, but that isnt supposed to be the design and was unreliable at best. Maybe 1 put of every 20 would allow second CC on CC immune target. When the game is operating properly they get immunity as soon as they come out of the disorient and you cant CC them again for a period of time.

Edit: there was a period of time where you could spam scatter shot and get two knock backs. But only when casted back to back which was useless most of the time. After the second one your opponent would already have immunity without needig to break free, essentially it was only worthwhile to try and knock them back further. I believe they attempted to patch it out completely at one point, but double CC still happens just not as reliably as it did for a bit there.
    Edited by Toc de Malsvi on October 16, 2017 8:51PM
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    The pvp community is what is ruining this game. Nerf this buff that..thats all people write on these forums. Then zos buffs/ nerfs stuff and you are still complaining...if you shut up every once in awhile we might be able to have nice things!
  • Fuxo
    Fuxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess we won't see any real balance changes until Q1/18. With the PvE content DLC and witches festival (and expected price drop), there will be tons of new players throwing cash at ZOS. Let's hope they will use a bit of that cash and deliver a few solid patches next year.
  • RandomName123
    RandomName123
    ✭✭✭
    _Salty_ wrote: »
    To all the people who complain about the problem with heavy sets adding too much WD:

Fury, 7th, truth and ravager can all be worn paired with a medium set. I ran ravager and draugr with 1 ravager neck chest legs and dual weapons. You cam get truth in robust rings and do the same idea without sacrificing stamina and pair it with hundings or any other medium set of your choosing.

Going with 1 or 2 healthy jewelry can allow you to use lava foot instead of dubious for a better overall setup.

Just my 2 cents.

I agree. And the other thing is that you don't get to start a fight, or even the first few attacks, with the WD added or fully added from Wrath, and even when it is up, its not always up 100% at max either. But I also agree with the design of Heavy lending itself more to absorbing damage than dealing it. They should have increased mending to 5/10% to compensate or add even more resistance to heavy. I think the true problem, which many have stated, are the sets themselves.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone complaining about not being able to have a stackable damage buff in armor that you are supposed to be a tank with. Change is way past due in my opinion.

If only they would have said "tank armor" instead of calling it "heavy armor" and actually wanting it viable for dps....

FYI, somebody pulled a quote from Wrobel himself saying heavy has to be viable for dps. So, you're actually wrong. Every armor has to be viable at every role, as they have stated.
    They can be viable at every role with creative building and skills that support it, such as the super expensive heal from the Clannfear pet for sorcerers requiring a lot of cost reduction, which is common in light armor, and damage shields which are buffed by magicka stats rather than health.

This game is not like other games, but sadly players like you want it to be like other games that aren't as fun either, and the developers have lost sight of what is really important due to all the early feedback that was the same. People didn't really want a different game when this game was coming out and after it came out. They wanted more of the same that they asked for and the devs have been trying to shoehorn that in ever since.

I'm tired of the same old resource management more important than actually having fun, specific tank/healer/dps "unholy trinity", grindy as hell, over-complicated fake stats game.
    They should simplify all the stats down to the essentials, remove weapon attacking altogether(with spammable instant better looking class skills), remove resource recovery reducing debuffs so passive recovery can be balanced at all the same amount and condense it down to just health and one resource pool like ultimate, if any resource pool, for the best stuff and bring back dynamic ultimate to encourage fun. That's just a quick framework to go with of things that would improve the gameplay by getting rid of the boring crap.

I very very much miss City of Heroes where you could spam your best looking fun stuff with a build to maximize efficiency and dps and survivability all at the same time when you were at endgame. Most single player games are developed better also because of the lack of pvp, though some have pvp made just for fun also. FPS games are better balanced than this, but somehow they don't recognize how similar this gameplay is and how they can just change gun visuals out for magic/lightning/flame/ice/etc visuals and have a super easily balanced fun game.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy armor looks like it’s finally where it should be, for tanking.

No, it's still going to be used for damage because even tanks need stats that help damage because they also help their skills they rely on for defenses. For example, most class damage shields are based on max magicka unless you want a templar tank with sun shield or only use bone shield. They also need stamina to block and bash and dodge and stamina helps damage.

So, the real reason heavy armor can compete in dps is because of the necessity of damage dealing stats that are also provided by sets that are specifically only heavy armor and made for damage role primarily.

That's not the problem here. The glaring issue is that heavy armor can deal near close to as much damage as medium armor with sets like ravager and fury and we're WAY more survivable, sustain is easy as cake on heavy armor with the heavy attack restore passive.

Every armor needs sustain. Heavy just trades cost reduction ahead of time and recovery buffs for active restore from heavy attacks, heavy plus heavy very fittingly.

And you actually reinforced my point. They built those sets like ravager and fury to give dps stats because even tanks need dps stats for many skills to be usable in their tanking toolkit.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on October 16, 2017 8:54PM
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just my 2 cents.

I agree. And the other thing is that you don't get to start a fight, or even the first few attacks, with the WD added or fully added from Wrath, and even when it is up, its not always up 100% at max either. But I also agree with the design of Heavy lending itself more to absorbing damage than dealing it. They should have increased mending to 5/10% to compensate or add even more resistance to heavy. I think the true problem, which many have stated, are the sets themselves.

I disagree about the sets being the problem due to my statement above that says that every heavy set can be worn with 5 medium to create a medium build with more weapon damage than a heavy build with full wrath.

Strider roshin has a build using 5 truth and 5 hundings in medium. He uses 2 robust truth rings and 1 truth neck. His weapon damage is 4700 fully buffed with 1900 stam regen and high resists. This is a medium build using heavy jewelry slots. Anyone can use heavy sets paired however they please.
    Psn l---Salty---l

• SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just my 2 cents.

I disagree about the sets being the problem due to my statement above that says that every heavy set can be worn with 5 medium to create a medium build with more weapon damage than a heavy build with full wrath.

Strider roshin has a build using 5 truth and 5 hundings in medium. He uses 2 robust truth rings and 1 truth neck. His weapon damage is 4700 fully buffed with 1900 stam regen and high resists. This is a medium build using heavy jewelry slots. Anyone can use heavy sets paired however they please.

They can but except Truth (which I am using with great success on medium) they arent good for medium (not as good as on heavy). Either you are getting healthy jewelry or you have to use 2 heavy pieces instead of one (losing recovery, crit, cost reduction, dodge roll reduction, sprint speed, ...) and most of them are based on receiving damage, which you dont want to do on medium. Sure, DoT will make sure you arent playing without the buff, but overall your aim on medium is to receive least possible amount of damage which goes against the design of these sets.

True damage buffing sets would be those based around different metrics than damage received or even damage done (you want to have guaranteed way to buff it, not wait for the proc and then go ham). Thats why truth works now (thanks to CP). Other sets that would match that are sets like senche or way of air.. except they are trash with low damage and low duration.
    Edited by SodanTok on October 16, 2017 9:08PM
  • chlamchowder
    chlamchowder
    Soul Shriven
    Larsay wrote: »
    CSessions wrote: »
    9zrbea6c4mxx.jpg

i3xtdh5u49ri.png
    Warden
    • Green Balance
      • Secluded Grove: Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs to 90 Ultimate, up from 75.

You keep nerfing our heals which currently is the only thing that a Warden is good at, but yet you will not address the low/no dps that mag wardens face. On my Templar healer using same gear as my warden I can hybrid heal/dps and pull twice the damage that my warden can. If I go full out DPS my warden can barely pull 20k dps on target dummy.

Please quit nerfing the only thing a warden is good at without providing something on the other end.

You need warden ult heal for pve?

It is not a terrible Ultimate in PvE. Was the only Healing Ultimate in PvE worth using if you were going to use a Healing Ultimate. <snip>
    We're missing that trees are the best way to give out master architect's major slayer buff. Rstaff ult comes in second for this, and it's awful that major slayer sets are getting indirectly nerfed. Master architect's already really hard to use because the buff can easily be wasted on the tank (tight position coordination with pugs just doesn't happen), and only goes to two other people (making it impractical in trials).

For PvE, I don't care if the trees did no healing at all. Stacking springs gives plenty of reliable healing output. If springs can't keep up, it's better to use permafrost because people are probably getting one or two-shot at that point and reducing incoming damage would help more.
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

Just my 2 cents.

They can but except Truth (which I am using with great success on medium) they arent good for medium (not as good as on heavy). Either you are getting healthy jewelry or you have to use 2 heavy pieces instead of one (losing recovery, crit, cost reduction, dodge roll reduction, sprint speed, ...) and most of them are based on receiving damage, which you dont want to do on medium. Sure, DoT will make sure you arent playing without the buff, but overall your aim on medium is to receive least possible amount of damage which goes against the design of these sets.

True damage buffing sets would be those based around different metrics than damage received or even damage done (you want to have guaranteed way to buff it, not wait for the proc and then go ham). Thats why truth works now (thanks to CP). Other sets that would match that are sets like senche or way of air.. except they are trash with low damage and low duration.

You missed Ravager which is unreal on a stamplar in medium. 1 healthy ring isn't going to be felt in comparison to adding 700+ weapon damage which now other set other than fury and CA can provide.
    Psn l---Salty---l

• maxlacab16_ESO
    maxlacab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Total NERF BS!

Just halve all of player stats and get your BALANCING ACT over with!
    Total incompetence!
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just my 2 cents.

You missed Ravager which is unreal on a stamplar in medium. 1 healthy ring isn't going to be felt in comparison to adding 700+ weapon damage which now other set other than fury and CA can provide.

I guess it has chance to proc on each tick of jabs? Because thats the only way I can see myself waiting for 8% chance to proc damage on medium build.
  • Darsaga
    Darsaga
    ✭✭✭
    First off I do not play Mag Sorc. I love how the reason behind the Frag nerf is because the skill does to many things, yet NB's skills all do multiple things.
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just my 2 cents.

I guess it has chance to proc on each tick of jabs? Because thats the only way I can see myself waiting for 8% chance to proc damage on medium build.

Ravager has almost constant uptime on stamplar. Its the go to set for stamplar in this current meta. Ive made alot of money selling it on traders.
    Psn l---Salty---l

• Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Removed wrath from heavy armor: OK

Did they increase it's survaivability tho?
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just my 2 cents.

Ravager has almost constant uptime on stamplar. Its the go to set for stamplar in this current meta. Ive made alot of money selling it on traders.

Actually it may be because of the burning passive procing it. Still it is very very specific. You already have one health from set, then you need DW(1h+s) to avoid having 2 healthy or 2heavy pieces and lucky passive that keeps high uptime. Does not really makes these sets good on medium, just usable under specific conditions. Heavy profits much more from them (damage they lack damage they get) and if heavy build wants medium armor set it has always something useful. Overall all medium sets are trash, be it PVP oriented damage, sustain or survivability. Bone pirate and spriggan are probably the only really good sets that come exclusively in medium.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darsaga wrote: »
    First off I do not play Mag Sorc. I love how the reason behind the Frag nerf is because the skill does to many things, yet NB's skills all do multiple things.

It depends on what they do. Crystal Fragments is their highest burst damage, and it had a free stun. It was instant when procced and really cheap cost. Fewer people were slotting Rune Cage because of it.
    It needed to not be the "jack of all trades" against the enemy. It's not very fun to get high damage smacked and stunned so you can't respond, especially with no way to see it coming with a cast.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heavy armour change is terrible.

Just, horrible.
    So unhappy about it.

There is no upside to it. It's just a flat out nerf making heavy armour boring and "tank only".
    Yawn.

you can basically bin all the dps focused heavy armour sets. They have no purpose in the game anymore.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    wait.... so the wrath passive is being replaced with... NOTHING?

You...you noticed? But how, it was so well hidden..

• M1SH3LL3
    M1SH3LL3
    ✭✭✭
    As usual, nerfs to skills to please the PVPers (not that you'll ever achieve that)

I appreciate it's difficult to appease both communities. Is it possible that maybe, just maybe, sets/skills cannot be all things to all people? Trying to make the same sets/skills work for both PVP and PVE.

Imagine how great both PVP and PVE could be if they weren't being forced to coexist!
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they are going to remove wrath from heavy than bring back bracing and remove that passive from the sword and shield line.

Reduced block cost should always be a perk for heavy builds. There needs to be a trade off.
    Psn l---Salty---l

• brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Will the new HA Wrath passive benefit players in WW form too?
    Edited by brandonv516 on October 16, 2017 9:54PM