The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

PTS Patch Notes v3.2.4

• Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vesper_BR wrote: »
    I'm still really Impressed how Stam sorcs, NBS, templars and Wardens are so far away from Stam dks in pvp performance... :(
    If Zos don't like dks pls let me switch my class... I want to be a sorc so bad...

I tried it, much better for my bow setup, not worth it though IMHO. Useless ultimates, use the same 3 class skills always, and hurricane makes you look ugly. Passives are amazing though. In the end I went back to my DK, I am super jelly of some of their passives but they just don't feel right.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭
    Vesper_BR wrote: »
    I'm still really Impressed how Stam sorcs, NBS, templars and Wardens are so far away from Stam dks in pvp performance... :(
    If Zos don't like dks pls let me switch my class... I want to be a sorc so bad...

I tried it, much better for my bow setup, not worth it though IMHO. Useless ultimates, use the same 3 class skills always, and hurricane makes you look ugly. Passives are amazing though. In the end I went back to my DK, I am super jelly of some of their passives but they just don't feel right.

I really love the sustain and mobility of my stam sorc... I have them both... And I'm far superior in Ciro with sorc... Don't know why... :(
    VESPER BR - MAGICKA DRAGONKNIGHT - GRAND OVERLORD + FLAWLESS CONQUEROR (1070 CP / 01-01-2018)
    XBOX ONE - NA - EBONHEART PACT BRASIL
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wait.... so the wrath passive is being replaced with... NOTHING?

yes, wrath was much better
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bless the dungeon finder changes.

or maybe ZOS could do a super-easy mode for beginners :smile:
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sluice wrote: »
    Merciless Charge (Maelstrom 2H): Increased the damage done by this Item Set’s proc to 6000 damage over 5 seconds, up from 4300 damage over 5 seconds.

That still doesn't make the vMA 2H viable...

600 damage per second in PVP (before mitigation)..

This damage needs to be "bleed" or the total damage needs considerate increasing again.

"Can't-Heal-Stupid - Argonian Templar"

:smiley: nice name
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    or maybe ZOS could do a super-easy mode for beginners :smile:

They do. It's called sorc.
  • The_1st_Elder
    The_1st_Elder
    ✭✭
    Make medium have physical penetration. Light gets spell penetration. It would make medium much more viable compared to heavy. I guarantee that if it had physical penetration people will certainly play medium over heavy. (PVP wise)

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Wrobel
    Edited by The_1st_Elder on October 21, 2017 7:49PM
    Main EP - Caius Targaryen - Stam DK
    EP - Viselyx Targaryen - Mag NB
    DC - Tyron Targaryen - Stam Templar
    AD - Vaeron Targaryen - Stam Sorc
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Armor
    • Heavy Armor
      • Wrath: This passive ability has been replaced with the Revitalize passive, which increases the resources your Heavy Attacks restore by 12/25%.
      • Rapid Mending: This passive ability no longer increases the amount of resources your Heavy Attacks restore, as that effect has been moved to the new Revitalize passive. It continues to increase your healing received by 4/8%.
        Developer Comment:
        We want each of the three armor types to have unique trade-offs. Heavy Armor’s main advantage is its increase to survivability, while the disadvantage is its lower damage and healing power. To emphasize this distinction, we’ve removed the Wrath passive.
    The problem with your continuing fixation upon "restoring resources" with Heavy Attacks is that they still require too much time to make. Also, unless you change, or have changed, Heavy Attack to always restore resources unless the target is dead before the attack is effected, you're pushing a "perfect player" paradigm that won't do anything but alienate everyone else.

Restoring resources only when a Heavy Attack inflicts enough damage to reduce the target's health to zero might be acceptable in duels and other solo PvP situations. In PvE, however, ordinarily dungeon and trial Bosses and their adds are attacked by multiple player characters, and are subject to differing types of damage (such as indirect damage from AoEs and/or from DoT debuffs). Note also that they are subject to damage from Light Attacks, which can be effected at a relatively rapid rate, and possibly inflict more total damage than a Heavy Attack is likely to inflict during the same amount of time.

Consequently, a Heavy Attack rarely inflicts damage that reduces the target's health to zero before the target is killed by some other source of damage, or by some other player character's attack, instead. About four out of five of my character's Heavy Attacks are either void upon arrival, or halted because I released the LMB before the "wind up" was completed since the target has been killed.

In sum, short, and fine, in my experience, a Heavy Attack is very likely to be a waste of time and effort -- especially in regard to "restoring resources". Even when a Heavy Attack is effected, there's no way to know beforehand whether it will inflict enough damage to kill the target, regardless of whether my character is the only one attacking the opponent.

Note:
    Perhaps what you should do is to make a Critical Hit more likely with a Heavy Attack, insofar as the character takes some time to "aim" it more carefully than a hasty barrage of Light Attacks. So a Heavy Attack would not only do more damage than a Light Attack, but also be more likely to inflict Critical damage that will kill the target.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • strebor2095
    strebor2095
    ✭✭✭
    Heavy Armor Change:

Mounted Foe: (With 5 Piece or more of heavy armor equipped) Your riding speed is 12.5% slower than other armor types. You cannot be dismounted except by hard CC abilities. (Knights are heavy on horses)

OR:

Armored Challenge: Your bash abilities do 5% more damage for each piece of heavy armor you are wearing. (Steel gauntlets hurt more than gloves.)

OR:

Roly Poly: (With 5 Piece or more of heavy armor equipped) Dodge roll costs 25% more stamina and pushes enemies aside.

• Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @xSkullfox
    xSkullfox wrote: »
    Groupfinder: The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a resto staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.
    ROFL -- the best laugh that I have had all week!

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    Midori_Oku wrote: »
    That Merciless Charge buff though. Can't wait for it not to do anything in Cyrodiil since it will just be purged anyway.

but it wont be, as if 2H Melee wasn't poked already
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    So here might be one reason tanks are complaining about HA passive change, not because they can't kill ppl, but because you incidentally nirfed the scaling on their personal heals, like vigor. Add an increased healing buff 2 it though &... nvm
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Pinja's three server solutions:
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeap :* plus no more harness, or shuffle.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »
    What happened to reducing the Secluded Grove healing output while maintaining the low cost? So it now got a healing nerf by 33% AND a cost increase from 75 to 90?

It is worth looking at the bigger picture. All of the major pvp defensive ults where nerfed. As an overall change this is good for the health of the game.

nah, I don't agree but enjoy the two classes u have to play with. Hint* one of them will be playing hide an seek.

Plz nerf incaps cost it's way too low, an soul assault nerf that too, and get rid of perma stealth builds. You know for balance and all that. Oh, and remove resource poisons. Thank you.

We need more nerfs for the health of the game<3 Hurray! :p

Edited by Girl_Number8 on October 23, 2017 3:06PM
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

What did you expect??

Some flowers, maybe a little a dinner first before they :o me. Just sayin'.
    Edited by Girl_Number8 on October 23, 2017 3:05PM
  • AzraelAcid
    AzraelAcid
    ✭✭✭
    @AzraelAcid I've defaulted to neither since Morrowind. With the sustain changes, and the rise in heavy attack builds with the fall of spammable skills, frags just does not proc very often. Combine that with the previous 10% damage reduction, and it is hard to justify giving frags a skill slot. Especially considering the very full sorc bars in the era of pets > everything for DPS, and just slotting inner light or bound aegis will outperform the occasional frag proc.

The stun removal will not affect group PVE much, but I think one of the most fun and class defining skills in the sorc toolset has been dead for months.

@WrathOfInnos I couldn't agree more. If they were to remove the previous damage nerf, I might consider it. However as it stands, I'll be saying adios to this ability.
    You can not earn Respect by tolerating Disrespect.
    Death is the graduation of the soul
    .- Sylvia Browne

Aleawyn - CP810 - Sorcorer - AD - North American Megasever
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This Wrath nerf thing, SO unnecessary. Making heavy armor users not being able to use Shuffle was good, and it makes perfect sense - but this TOO? At the same time? Why? It would have been well enough to just take Shuffle from them (I am heavy armor user, but I never used Shuffle), ZOS seems to have a thing for overkill. Why not just change the Shuffle thing to start with, and then perhaps go for a Wrath nerf? Everyone running heavy armor isn't an annoying permablocking tank, some use it just for general survivability. Not being one shotted all the time, is pretty nice you know.

I am getting increasingly fed up with all these big changes all the time, as soon as you got your gear in order, and got used to a setup, it's time to change again... SERIOUSLY reconsider this please, it's just so stupid.
    Edited by Raudgrani on October 26, 2017 6:30AM
  • TheMystid
    TheMystid
    ✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    This Wrath nerf thing, SO unnecessary. Making heavy armor users not being able to use Shuffle was good, and it makes perfect sense - but this TOO? At the same time? Why? It would have been well enough to just take Shuffle from them (I am heavy armor user, but I never used Shuffle), ZOS seems to have a thing for overkill. Why not just change the Shuffle thing to start with, and then perhaps go for a Wrath nerf? Everyone running heavy armor isn't an annoying permablocking tank, some use it just for general survivability. Not being one shotted all the time, is pretty nice you know.

I am getting increasingly fed up with all these big changes all the time, as soon as you got your gear in order, and got used to a setup, it's time to change again... SERIOUSLY reconsider this please, it's just so stupid.

Well, but they gave us over 200 new furnishings! My stamina DK can now sit in a beautiful house... instead of getting smashed by any other stamina class in Cyro...
    PC EU

Nostalgic StamDk
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I'm online playing today (Yeah, I am hahaha) I've only seen the Nix-Ox Fabricant Steed at a stable, are we at some point going to get this as a mount or was it already released and I missed where it is?
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • Danse_Mayhem
    Danse_Mayhem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree strongly with everything here! Lots of QQ from payers who want to 1vX by the looks of it but you have to remember, the game was never intended for people to 1vX, pvp was always down as a numbers game. Also the whole 1vX thing only lasts until the masses catch up with the meta...

Examples ; I made one of the first bomb blades on PS4EU at imperial city update and was ploughing through everyone I found because no one knew how to deal with it.
    Another example ; A bunch from my guild started using heavy armour on DKs and magplars around a year ago and found that they were bunching together and dropping anyone they found with ease because they were in light or medium with zero impen...

And then, other people started using heavy builds, high health builds and "1vX" builds. You cannot 1vX a good player, only impatient ones that aren't using a meta build YET or aren't used to their class YET. 1vX is mostly just bashing on noobs who aren't as informed as to what to do YET.

So the end result is that if nothing changes with stuff like heavy armour and shield ult, people will continue to get better at the game, use more meta builds, and everyone will be impossible to kill. Small scale 5v5 will just end in a stand off or rest entirely on a well placed negate and pvp will go stale AF. A change is a good change to keep things moving IMO.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY!
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

YouTube.com/DarkProjectMayhem
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adjusted the minimum level for the following Veteran Difficulty dungeons to CP160 for the purposes of using the Dungeon Finder:
    • Veteran Bloodroot Forge
    • Veteran City of Ash 2
    • Veteran Cradle of Shadows
    • Veteran Crypt of Hearts 2
    • Veteran Falkreath Hold
    • Veteran Imperial City Prison
    • Veteran Ruins of Mazzatun
    • Veteran White-Gold Tower
    All "2"s veteran should have a minimum of 160CP. Really, can you imagine a CP10 in FG2? Or against the sweet Grobull? Or Rilis and friends at the end og BC2. The amount of time we waste and penalties we suffer because of this is ridicolous.

Veteran DLCs should be way higher than 160.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    On topic of the frags nerf: Nobody is going to use crystal blast for the stun - quite frankly said: nobody is going to use crystal blast at all.

3 months later...

still nobody is so DUMB to use crystal blast. It's just bad.

Even crystal frags, in these days when base regen is dead, is a resource sponge that may only be sustained by PvP gear.

You play PvE? Use a trillion of tri-pots or die.

Only result you achieved?

You stripped off a class the only signature ability they had. Like you did to DKs. Well played!
    Edited by Vahrokh on January 8, 2018 7:06AM
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »
    On topic of the frags nerf: Nobody is going to use crystal blast for the stun - quite frankly said: nobody is going to use crystal blast at all.

3 months later...

still nobody is so DUMB to use crystal blast. It's just bad.

Even crystal frags, in these days when base regen is dead, is a resource sponge that may only be sustained by PvP gear.

You play PvE? Use a trillion of tri-pots or die.

Only result you achieved?

You stripped off a class the only signature ability they had. Like you did to DKs. Well played!

Make frags (And Streak) great again.

Stun and 10% damage.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.