Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Subterranean Assault Overperforming

• Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    I'm fairly confident you won't see a change any time soon, better start learning to deal

SA will get nerfed. It’s either nerf SA or nerf the entire sustain kit consisting of multiple skills, or adjust SA in a way that lowers its burst synergy with dawnbreaker but increases its overall DPS to make the PvE people happy. That’s definitely the path of least resistance.

Take off Major Fracture, add sneak cost reduction while slotted. Done.

make it bashable and you have yourself a deal.

Also make it so it doesn't appear on my screen a second AFTER the hit was calculated, and we're game.
    (^_-)
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about some how making it where it can't be combined with a gap closer?

I dunno, I want my ability to be playable without 2H, I just have visions of a nerf that make it have to be paired with a closer

Most likely they'll eliminate
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    Hopefully they'll find some way to tone down Stamina Warden without completely ruining Magicka Warden at the same time.
    Hopefully they'll find some way to tone down Stamina Warden without completely ruining Magicka Warden at the same time.

It's really not all that complicated. It's a single ability that circumvents the GCD one time. It's no different than Curse only for stamina and AoE. If LoS is such a big deal then that's a fine change.

curse is also purgeable, and can easily be prehealed by paying attention to your debuff bar. Furthermore, it makes the caster select there target, go in range, and be vulnerable for the 3s before it goes off... and sorcs are a bit easier to kill than stam wardens.

stam wardens just pop it before going into the fight and then stampede whoever they think is the easiest target 2s later.
    If LoS is such a big deal then that's a fine change.

All jokes aside, if I needed a target for sub I wouldn't slot it.

15-20% damage reduction is the only smart choice. Then ganking/bombing on stamden stays alive but tanky builds can't 1 shot people.

It's the best solution imo. @thogard your suggestions make sub unusable in pvp
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

I dunno, I want my ability to be playable without 2H, I just have visions of a nerf that make it have to be paired with a closer

It's really not all that complicated. It's a single ability that circumvents the GCD one time. It's no different than Curse only for stamina and AoE. If LoS is such a big deal then that's a fine change.

curse is also purgeable, and can easily be prehealed by paying attention to your debuff bar. Furthermore, it makes the caster select there target, go in range, and be vulnerable for the 3s before it goes off... and sorcs are a bit easier to kill than stam wardens.

stam wardens just pop it before going into the fight and then stampede whoever they think is the easiest target 2s later.

15-20% damage reduction is the only smart choice. Then ganking/bombing on stamden stays alive but tanky builds can't 1 shot people.

Yeah i know. Throwing some DK angst at the stam warden. Just be grateful there's a stamina morph on it ;)
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah i know. Throwing some DK angst at the stam warden. Just be grateful there's a stamina morph on it ;)

If there wasn't I'd just run double SnB full cancer.

TBH, the most offensive part of the stam warden tool kit hasn't ever been mentioned on the forums.

How tf is it ok to give me aoe major defile(45% tooltip in CP with permablock and perfect sustain) on a class that can also deliver 13k+++ aoe burst lol?
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The solution I came to was to cut the up front damage to 60-80% of what it is now, and then deal additional damage over time, while buffing the overall damage of the skill by about 20%.

So if the skill hit for 10000 now, it would then deal 6000-8000 up front damage with another 6000-4000 over 5 seconds.

That's a pretty substantial buff for PVE warden, along with a decent nerf to the burst combo in PVP, which I'd say is the right way to go about tweaking the skill.

Having the beetles appear a second before they do damage would be another way to go about it, but honestly that would just feel really bad to play with, even if it does add counterplay to the skill.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    The solution I came to was to cut the up front damage to 60-80% of what it is now, and then deal additional damage over time, while buffing the overall damage of the skill by about 20%.

So if the skill hit for 10000 now, it would then deal 6000-8000 up front damage with another 6000-4000 over 5 seconds.

That's a pretty substantial buff for PVE warden, along with a decent nerf to the burst combo in PVP, which I'd say is the right way to go about tweaking the skill.

Having the beetles appear a second before they do damage would be another way to go about it, but honestly that would just feel really bad to play with, even if it does add counterplay to the skill.

You don't need to buff the back end damage, a 15-20% damage reduction keeps it viable for all builds. You can still go glass cannon and bomb, but the counterplay is that if your DB gets blocked you get killed quick. You can still build tanky and put out good damage but not "1 shot" people with the combo.

That way, You can't sustain your buffs + corrupting in medium without giving up damage and you can't have enough damage to nuke people 100-0 in heavy.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on October 28, 2017 4:54AM
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You don't need to buff the back end damage, a 15-20% damage reduction keeps it viable for all builds. You can still go glass cannon and bomb, but the counterplay is that if your DB gets blocked you get killed quick. You can still build tanky and put out good damage but not "1 shot" people with the combo.

That way, You can't sustain your buffs + corrupting in medium without giving up damage and you can't have enough damage to nuke people 100-0 in heavy.

Straight up nerfing Shalks hurts PVE warden DPS who are already struggling.

The back end damage is a pretty small DOT, which isn't really going to kill anyone in PVP, but helps to flesh out Wardens rotation in PVE as well as boosting their numbers a little.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The back end damage is a pretty small DOT, which isn't really going to kill anyone in PVP, but helps to flesh out Wardens rotation in PVE as well as boosting their numbers a little.

An aoe DoT attached to the same GCD as your burst damage combined with aoe major defile is obviously too strong. Stam warden needs pve buffs but the suggested change is bad
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

An aoe DoT attached to the same GCD as your burst damage combined with aoe major defile is obviously too strong. Stam warden needs pve buffs but the suggested change is bad

Yes it is, but that is why Shalks don't apply major defile.

And yes, while the skill does sound overloaded with burst, damage over time and major fracture, I'd say it would be more powerful than the current iteration.

I mean Initial hit + Dot + CC is a formula that is already in the game with Destructive Touch and Crippling Grasp, and while the AOE portion does make Shalks stronger, they also come with a 3 second delay.

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If there wasn't I'd just run double SnB full cancer.

TBH, the most offensive part of the stam warden tool kit hasn't ever been mentioned on the forums.

How tf is it ok to give me aoe major defile(45% tooltip in CP with permablock and perfect sustain) on a class that can also deliver 13k+++ aoe burst lol?

SSHhhh lol
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shalk can be avoided when you know how to
  • AAbrigo
    AAbrigo
    ✭✭✭
    Haha love all the people who just say block.

Like I wrote in another thread.

Dizzying swing(you are now CC'ed), then you must be a god to block sub assault and dawnbreaker which come right after and at last a beautiful executioner. If you are tanky enough you can with luck heal the before executioner, but block aint a option in the case.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AAbrigo wrote: »

Dizzying swing(you are now CC'ed), then you must be a god to block sub assault and dawnbreaker which come right after and at last a beautiful executioner. If you are tanky enough you can with luck heal the before executioner, but block aint a option in the case.

Block dizzy swing?

What is with people. I am not even good PVP player, but I would rarely die If people could not burst me down during CC. That is kinda the point of CC to burst.
    Like if you wont burst some stamNB down with dawnbreaker into sub assault into possible execute good luck killing them ever.
    Edited by SodanTok on October 28, 2017 10:01AM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    AAbrigo wrote: »

Block dizzy swing?

What is with people. I am not even good PVP player, but I would rarely die If people could not burst me down during CC. That is kinda the point of CC to burst.
    Like if you wont burst some stamNB down with dawnbreaker into sub assault into possible execute good luck killing them ever.

well some classes have skills that they can use to track down the stam nbs as theyre running away. Warden shalks would be one. DK volatile armor. Templar jabs, etc. but you have to kinda guess where they're running to and really stay on top of them as they try to escape.

but yeah in general youre right. only difference is wardens are really really tanky and still have great burst, so its really hard to burst them down.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lexxypwns only pugs don't purge defile or simply just walk out if the AoE + Roll Dodge so the 3 secs is over.

Against good players Corrupting Pollen is worthless
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW go a head and nerf wardens, picked up my Templar again. Omg instant abilities?! CCs?! What... What are these? A PURGE?!

yeah, Stam warden has it's one set up, and it's not a ranger
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Lexxypwns only pugs don't purge defile or simply just walk out if the AoE + Roll Dodge so the 3 secs is over.

You're defiled for 4 seconds after leaving the aoe. You could not be more wrong and imo, any stamden not slotting corrupting is making a mistake. You cannot purge the defile while inside the aoe and it lasts for 4 seconds after leaving it. It's a cheap skill and brutally effective and it shuts down other wardens and all melee builds. You disengage or you die,
    period. Especially since you can keep the subs rolling while being defensive.

I think you'd have a different opinion of this skill after dueling me.(no reverb isn't better you can purge it without having to leave melee range)

Edit: it's the combination of corrupting and shimmering that gives stam warden the ability to shut down ranged and melee builds offensively and imo keeps it "perfectly balanced" you either stay in melee range hoping to get the kill and risk eating a sub+DB combo while heal debuffed(42%+ tooltip) or you back up and let him heal. Same for ranged, except if he's low and has shimmering up + blocks then he'll have trees before you can drain his stamina and the fight will be reset. I'm gonna stream some this weekend I think and showcase how ridiculously talented I am to get kills on such a poor class
    Edited by Lexxypwns on October 28, 2017 4:59PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're defiled for 4 seconds after leaving the aoe. You could not be more wrong and imo, any stamden not slotting corrupting is making a mistake. You cannot purge the defile while inside the aoe and it lasts for 4 seconds after leaving it. It's a cheap skill and brutally effective and it shuts down other wardens and all melee builds. You disengage or you die,

I think you'd have a different opinion of this skill after dueling me.(no reverb isn't better you can purge it without having to leave melee range)

Edit: it's the combination of corrupting and shimmering that gives stam warden the ability to shut down ranged and melee builds offensively and imo keeps it "perfectly balanced" you either stay in melee range hoping to get the kill and risk eating a sub+DB combo while heal debuffed(42%+ tooltip) or you back up and let him heal. Same for ranged, except if he's low and has shimmering up + blocks then he'll have trees before you can drain his stamina and the fight will be reset. I'm gonna stream some this weekend I think and showcase how ridiculously talented I am to get kills on such a poor class

Mag NB will not stay in the AoE. Templar will not stay in AoE. Sorc doesn't care.

Sure against melee range opponents it can be good (DK? Other Wardens?) But that's it (lol at DK)

Shimmering gets popped by Light attacks. All you gotta do is LA, LA, CC burst and shimmering is gone.

I have used these abilities extensively in BGs, where they are far less effective, duels far better, but that's just a duel

Edit: retreating and sniping a warden from a distance is a very viable option. In BGs I go "RUN!!!"
    Edited by Waffennacht on October 28, 2017 5:34PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mag NB will not stay in the AoE. Templar will not stay in AoE. Sorc doesn't care.

Sure against melee range opponents it can be good (DK? Other Wardens?) But that's it (lol at DK)

Shimmering gets popped by Light attacks. All you gotta do is LA, LA, CC burst and shimmering is gone.

I have used these abilities extensively in BGs, where they are far less effective, duels far better, but that's just a duel

Edit: retreating and sniping a warden from a distance is a very viable option. In BGs I go "RUN!!!"

It's ok, Warden will be nerfed, not saying that to get your goat, just accept it pls and stop defending the undefendable
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's ok, Warden will be nerfed, not saying that to get your goat, just accept it pls and stop defending the undefendable

I already moved away from warden - the droves of new ones solidified my choice.

I'm not defending Corrupting Pollen. It doesn't need it lol, every time I used it, the Fury Seventh crowd just hold block and walks back a few steps, and it's been completely negates.

I am all for a Los component on shalk, that just seems fair. A DoT change is silly, same with a DMG Reduction
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not defending Corrupting Pollen. It doesn't need it lol, every time I used it, the Fury Seventh crowd just hold block and walks back a few steps, and it's been completely negates.

I am all for a Los component on shalk, that just seems fair. A DoT change is silly, same with a DMG Reduction

Warden's defensive tools are more problematic imo than shalk. If Shimmering Shield and permablock (I know, not warden exclusive) are toned down Shalks might not even need a nerf (unfortunately I doubt it as the dmg coefficient is very high and it's also AoE)

I really don't want to advocate for nerfs so that's all I'll say for now
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Mageblade stays in the aoe or can't burst you. Same with Templar. Sorc - see shield, shimmering. Basically all stam builds are melee

Proc'ing shimmering with light attacks isn't a good play either since you stop your pressure to allow the warden to regain ultimate.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mageblade stays in the aoe or can't burst you. Same with Templar. Sorc - see shield, shimmering. Basically all stam builds are melee

Proc'ing shimmering with light attacks isn't a good play either since you stop your pressure to allow the warden to regain ultimate.

With the cost increase to trees not too worried about 3 ult every 1.5 secs (doesn't matter if you proc one or all shimmering Major heroism will stay the same)

Basically all Stam builds are stupid (jk) (but seriously anyone charging into AoE defile against Lexxypwns' group is a potato)

My Templar is pure ranger muhahaha 43 m is outta your range!
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah Lexxypwns is right. There’s a Stam warden on PC NA who plays like that and I haven’t seen him have a single death in the 10+ BGs I’ve fought him in. My stamplar runs hundings, agility, and clever alchemist with a nirnhoned greatsword... I can kill ***. But I can’t kill him. And I’ve wasted so much magicka trying to purge that stupid defile that just keeps getting reapplied. That Stam warden doesn’t kill me instantly but i know that if I don’t disengage then I’ll die eventually. I worry what would happen if a less tanky and more capable player were to run the same build.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah Lexxypwns is right. There’s a Stam warden on PC NA who plays like that and I haven’t seen him have a single death in the 10+ BGs I’ve fought him in. My stamplar runs hundings, agility, and clever alchemist with a nirnhoned greatsword... I can kill ***. But I can’t kill him. And I’ve wasted so much magicka trying to purge that stupid defile that just keeps getting reapplied. That Stam warden doesn’t kill me instantly but i know that if I don’t disengage then I’ll die eventually. I worry what would happen if a less tanky and more capable player were to run the same build.

Bow...

Go bow

Edit: join me!

Edit edit: please...

Edit edit edit: I'll just cry on this post instead of a new one...

Bow...

Go bow

What kind of peasant do you take me for?

:cry:

Edited by Waffennacht on October 28, 2017 7:38PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bow...

Go bow

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok fine, Wardens are OP, especially thanks to infinite Sprint...

That's right, I just gave up one of my secrets
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

With the cost increase to trees not too worried about 3 ult every 1.5 secs (doesn't matter if you proc one or all shimmering Major heroism will stay the same)

Basically all Stam builds are stupid (jk) (but seriously anyone charging into AoE defile against Lexxypwns' group is a potato)

I can usually carry any 3 pugs on my platform to compete with pre-made groups. As long as they stay near, the off heals and the heal buff means that points like ulara side flags or ale carac mid are 100% mine to control, you either leave that point or you die.

It's especially potent when you are the chaos ball carrier and popping trees on cooldown because the corrupting gets lost in the trees and you can use los to prevent ranged burst
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can usually carry any 3 pugs on my platform to compete with pre-made groups. As long as they stay near, the off heals and the heal buff means that points like ulara side flags or ale carac mid are 100% mine to control, you either leave that point or you die.

It's especially potent when you are the chaos ball carrier and popping trees on cooldown because the corrupting gets lost in the trees and you can use los to prevent ranged burst

I still don't know why people fight over flags, so much better just to run and cap two instead of fighting for one.

I get so upset at my PuGs for fighting over a worthless spot.

Edit: if you're on my team, stay away from me, I'll take one half, you other three can deal with the other half.

If we stay together you will get us both killed. And with the flags, it's awesome to snipe players as they fight each other!

Edited by Waffennacht on October 28, 2017 10:00PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Bow...

Go bow

Edit edit: please...

Edit edit edit: I'll just cry on this post instead of a new one...

Bow...

Go bow

:cry:

Bow vs melee stamwarden is literally just waiting game. Waiting game you cant win with bow. Eventually the one with 400WD more, nonstop Major Heroism and projectile shield wins. Have done several fights against wardens (1v1, but in openworld gear) and you either lose after ~30sec or give up after 10 min.
    Edited by SodanTok on October 28, 2017 10:20PM