Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Subterranean Assault Overperforming

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Thogard wrote: »
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    @Lexxypwns only pugs don't purge defile or simply just walk out if the AoE + Roll Dodge so the 3 secs is over.

Against good players Corrupting Pollen is worthless

You're defiled for 4 seconds after leaving the aoe. You could not be more wrong and imo, any stamden not slotting corrupting is making a mistake. You cannot purge the defile while inside the aoe and it lasts for 4 seconds after leaving it. It's a cheap skill and brutally effective and it shuts down other wardens and all melee builds. You disengage or you die,
    period. Especially since you can keep the subs rolling while being defensive.

I think you'd have a different opinion of this skill after dueling me.(no reverb isn't better you can purge it without having to leave melee range)

Edit: it's the combination of corrupting and shimmering that gives stam warden the ability to shut down ranged and melee builds offensively and imo keeps it "perfectly balanced" you either stay in melee range hoping to get the kill and risk eating a sub+DB combo while heal debuffed(42%+ tooltip) or you back up and let him heal. Same for ranged, except if he's low and has shimmering up + blocks then he'll have trees before you can drain his stamina and the fight will be reset. I'm gonna stream some this weekend I think and showcase how ridiculously talented I am to get kills on such a poor class

Mag NB will not stay in the AoE. Templar will not stay in AoE. Sorc doesn't care.

Sure against melee range opponents it can be good (DK? Other Wardens?) But that's it (lol at DK)

Shimmering gets popped by Light attacks. All you gotta do is LA, LA, CC burst and shimmering is gone.

I have used these abilities extensively in BGs, where they are far less effective, duels far better, but that's just a duel

Edit: retreating and sniping a warden from a distance is a very viable option. In BGs I go "RUN!!!"

Mageblade stays in the aoe or can't burst you. Same with Templar. Sorc - see shield, shimmering. Basically all stam builds are melee

Proc'ing shimmering with light attacks isn't a good play either since you stop your pressure to allow the warden to regain ultimate.
    Yeah Lexxypwns is right. There’s a Stam warden on PC NA who plays like that and I haven’t seen him have a single death in the 10+ BGs I’ve fought him in. My stamplar runs hundings, agility, and clever alchemist with a nirnhoned greatsword... I can kill ***. But I can’t kill him. And I’ve wasted so much magicka trying to purge that stupid defile that just keeps getting reapplied. That Stam warden doesn’t kill me instantly but i know that if I don’t disengage then I’ll die eventually. I worry what would happen if a less tanky and more capable player were to run the same build.

Bow...

Go bow

Edit: join me!

Edit edit: please...

Edit edit edit: I'll just cry on this post instead of a new one...
    @Lexxypwns only pugs don't purge defile or simply just walk out if the AoE + Roll Dodge so the 3 secs is over.

You're defiled for 4 seconds after leaving the aoe. You could not be more wrong and imo, any stamden not slotting corrupting is making a mistake. You cannot purge the defile while inside the aoe and it lasts for 4 seconds after leaving it. It's a cheap skill and brutally effective and it shuts down other wardens and all melee builds. You disengage or you die,

I think you'd have a different opinion of this skill after dueling me.(no reverb isn't better you can purge it without having to leave melee range)

Edit: it's the combination of corrupting and shimmering that gives stam warden the ability to shut down ranged and melee builds offensively and imo keeps it "perfectly balanced" you either stay in melee range hoping to get the kill and risk eating a sub+DB combo while heal debuffed(42%+ tooltip) or you back up and let him heal. Same for ranged, except if he's low and has shimmering up + blocks then he'll have trees before you can drain his stamina and the fight will be reset. I'm gonna stream some this weekend I think and showcase how ridiculously talented I am to get kills on such a poor class

Mag NB will not stay in the AoE. Templar will not stay in AoE. Sorc doesn't care.

Sure against melee range opponents it can be good (DK? Other Wardens?) But that's it (lol at DK)

Shimmering gets popped by Light attacks. All you gotta do is LA, LA, CC burst and shimmering is gone.

I have used these abilities extensively in BGs, where they are far less effective, duels far better, but that's just a duel

Edit: retreating and sniping a warden from a distance is a very viable option. In BGs I go "RUN!!!"

Mageblade stays in the aoe or can't burst you. Same with Templar. Sorc - see shield, shimmering. Basically all stam builds are melee

Proc'ing shimmering with light attacks isn't a good play either since you stop your pressure to allow the warden to regain ultimate.
    Yeah Lexxypwns is right. There’s a Stam warden on PC NA who plays like that and I haven’t seen him have a single death in the 10+ BGs I’ve fought him in. My stamplar runs hundings, agility, and clever alchemist with a nirnhoned greatsword... I can kill ***. But I can’t kill him. And I’ve wasted so much magicka trying to purge that stupid defile that just keeps getting reapplied. That Stam warden doesn’t kill me instantly but i know that if I don’t disengage then I’ll die eventually. I worry what would happen if a less tanky and more capable player were to run the same build.

Bow...

Go bow

What kind of peasant do you take me for?

:cry:

Bow vs melee stamwarden is literally just waiting game. Waiting game you cant win with bow. Eventually the one with 400WD more, nonstop Major Heroism and projectile shield wins. Have done several fights against wardens (1v1, but in openworld gear) and you either lose after ~30sec or give up after 10 min.

Well you're engaging them without the advantage. In the scenario you listed, which I too have encountered, I run - then reengage to my advantage.

Gap closer is a (I believe) 28m ability, Shalk is 20m, dive is 28 or 32. Snipe is 42m, all except scattered shot bow abilities I believe 32m. You must retain this 10 - 14m range gap, and with speed buffs that shouldn't be a problem.

Each shield only Reduces a limited amount of damage. On my Warden, fully buffed, no stealth, my lethal arrow has around 20k tool tip. Landing two should prove very difficult for a warden to deal with (even with the shimmering up) they can't purge the defile making trees even weaker.

As they come in range I set up my own shalk combo with a dodge roll leaving an eternal hunt rune for their closer followed up by draining shot hard CC Shalk dive DboS

Now, if they get into range prior to you being aware/ready you better run
    Edited by Waffennacht on October 28, 2017 11:14PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    If you play sorc or DK. Root, turn around. They can heavy attack to turn, but then it fks their burst. If you play NB. Cloak and move. If you play templar. Javelin them? (Less usability tbh.) If you play warden, well, then you are probably using it.

I can do the same as a DK, my ST burst combo is prebuff inferno. Talons, deep breath, whip, power whip. Deep breath, power whip, and inferno pop at the same time. Thats 2 abilities ignoring GCD. 3 if you count a random skoria proc. Or more close to the warden example. Breath, talons, leap. with DB explosion and a probable skoria popping to deal decent damage to groups. But mine is full AoE ;)

Same with POTL or curse. Imo shalk is fine and doesn't need a nerf. IF ANYTHING. Then it has to be within range to cast.

I dont know how many times i have to say it.

The stam warden activates shalks off screen and out of range. 2 seconds later, the stam warden moves into range and uses stampede. The shalks hit right when stampede hits. There is zero counterplay.

EDIT: took out some mean things i said. i apologize for that.

1 counter play would be use a shield if mag
    Another would be block
    Another is have more than 20k health

I just can't feel bad about a DD being dealt damage, that's your trade off, you can kill like non other, but you die just as easily as you kill.

If you had 30-40k health or were defensive oriented you wouldn't have these issues.

I think too many players are too offensively oriented and lead this game into pure glass cannons.

Everyone wants to be a 1vXer which isn't good for the game

Stop thinking about it in terms of whether its possible or not, and think of it in terms of "If any class should be able to do it, which one is that?"

It should be a stam blade. Or a mag sorc.

But certainly not the class with the best pvp healing and sustain in the game...... ...... ..........

I am curious. Can you define "Best PvP Healing" and "Best PvP Sustain" ?

I mean it. I don't play Warden. But i have looked at their skills and passives. The Netch is worth about 300 Regen. So is the Templar rune. And it does not even touch Dark Deal. And DK Battleroar? Only NB is inferior, since they ruined Siphoning. And for the healing, i don't see that either? Are you talking about the OP Ultimate that is getting nerfed now? Or am i missing something else. Because everything else they have, is Magicka, right?

The times i have been fighting them, they seem pretty "meh" to me.

Sustain:

Warden=NB>Temp>Sorc>DK

Warden has netch and restore on heal passive. NB has siphoning, refreshing and executioner. Both really strong.

Templar has rune for mag or repent for stam.

DD is a sacrifice and an ability,

Healing
    What about some how making it where it can't be combined with a gap closer?

I dunno, I want my ability to be playable without 2H, I just have visions of a nerf that make it have to be paired with a closer

Most likely they'll eliminate
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    Hopefully they'll find some way to tone down Stamina Warden without completely ruining Magicka Warden at the same time.
    Hopefully they'll find some way to tone down Stamina Warden without completely ruining Magicka Warden at the same time.

It's really not all that complicated. It's a single ability that circumvents the GCD one time. It's no different than Curse only for stamina and AoE. If LoS is such a big deal then that's a fine change.

curse is also purgeable, and can easily be prehealed by paying attention to your debuff bar. Furthermore, it makes the caster select there target, go in range, and be vulnerable for the 3s before it goes off... and sorcs are a bit easier to kill than stam wardens.

stam wardens just pop it before going into the fight and then stampede whoever they think is the easiest target 2s later.
    If LoS is such a big deal then that's a fine change.

All jokes aside, if I needed a target for sub I wouldn't slot it.

15-20% damage reduction is the only smart choice. Then ganking/bombing on stamden stays alive but tanky builds can't 1 shot people.

It's the best solution imo. @thogard your suggestions make sub unusable in pvp

No.

No its not. That would be a change just for the sake of change. One that would affect PvE heavily and not much to PvP. Sort of like the change to frags.

Just make it have to be in combat to be used. Stops the bomb/ganking.
    Edited by ak_pvp on October 29, 2017 12:06AM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you play sorc or DK. Root, turn around. They can heavy attack to turn, but then it fks their burst. If you play NB. Cloak and move. If you play templar. Javelin them? (Less usability tbh.) If you play warden, well, then you are probably using it.

I can do the same as a DK, my ST burst combo is prebuff inferno. Talons, deep breath, whip, power whip. Deep breath, power whip, and inferno pop at the same time. Thats 2 abilities ignoring GCD. 3 if you count a random skoria proc. Or more close to the warden example. Breath, talons, leap. with DB explosion and a probable skoria popping to deal decent damage to groups. But mine is full AoE ;)

Same with POTL or curse. Imo shalk is fine and doesn't need a nerf. IF ANYTHING. Then it has to be within range to cast.

The stam warden activates shalks off screen and out of range. 2 seconds later, the stam warden moves into range and uses stampede. The shalks hit right when stampede hits. There is zero counterplay.

Another would be block

I just can't feel bad about a DD being dealt damage, that's your trade off, you can kill like non other, but you die just as easily as you kill.

If you had 30-40k health or were defensive oriented you wouldn't have these issues.

I think too many players are too offensively oriented and lead this game into pure glass cannons.

Stop thinking about it in terms of whether its possible or not, and think of it in terms of "If any class should be able to do it, which one is that?"

But certainly not the class with the best pvp healing and sustain in the game...... ...... ..........

I mean it. I don't play Warden. But i have looked at their skills and passives. The Netch is worth about 300 Regen. So is the Templar rune. And it does not even touch Dark Deal. And DK Battleroar? Only NB is inferior, since they ruined Siphoning. And for the healing, i don't see that either? Are you talking about the OP Ultimate that is getting nerfed now? Or am i missing something else. Because everything else they have, is Magicka, right?

Sustain:

Warden=NB>Temp>Sorc>DK

Warden has netch and restore on heal passive. NB has siphoning, refreshing and executioner. Both really strong.

Healing

I dunno, I want my ability to be playable without 2H, I just have visions of a nerf that make it have to be paired with a closer

It's really not all that complicated. It's a single ability that circumvents the GCD one time. It's no different than Curse only for stamina and AoE. If LoS is such a big deal then that's a fine change.

curse is also purgeable, and can easily be prehealed by paying attention to your debuff bar. Furthermore, it makes the caster select there target, go in range, and be vulnerable for the 3s before it goes off... and sorcs are a bit easier to kill than stam wardens.

stam wardens just pop it before going into the fight and then stampede whoever they think is the easiest target 2s later.

15-20% damage reduction is the only smart choice. Then ganking/bombing on stamden stays alive but tanky builds can't 1 shot people.

No.

No its not. That would be a change just for the sake of change. One that would affect PvE heavily and not much to PvP. Sort of like the change to frags.

Bombing and tanking are viable play styles.

It's simple, to buff warden in pve just add a stam morph of gripping
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Another would be block

Sustain:

Warden=NB>Temp>Sorc>DK

Healing

No.

They painted warden in a corner, gripping is "suppose" to be for healthden. They gave 2 abilities for each "resource" type or as close as possible. Like the bow tree, trying to cover all bases. So they made each superior to make up for the lack of availability imo
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My solution tends to be to ignore the tanky POS and go take on another objective.

Though that doesn't work so well now that the only game mode with solo-able objectives is domination.

Then again, I joined the dark side and run 7th Legion and Malubeth now.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Another would be block

Sustain:

Warden=NB>Temp>Sorc>DK

Healing

No.

They painted warden in a corner, gripping is "suppose" to be for healthden. They gave 2 abilities for each "resource" type or as close as possible. Like the bow tree, trying to cover all bases. So they made each superior to make up for the lack of availability imo

Stacking health is strong enough with no class abilities to scale off it
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bow...

Go bow

Bow...

Go bow

Bow vs melee stamwarden is literally just waiting game. Waiting game you cant win with bow. Eventually the one with 400WD more, nonstop Major Heroism and projectile shield wins. Have done several fights against wardens (1v1, but in openworld gear) and you either lose after ~30sec or give up after 10 min.

Well you're engaging them without the advantage. In the scenario you listed, which I too have encountered, I run - then reengage to my advantage.

Gap closer is a (I believe) 28m ability, Shalk is 20m, dive is 28 or 32. Snipe is 42m, all except scattered shot bow abilities I believe 32m. You must retain this 10 - 14m range gap, and with speed buffs that shouldn't be a problem.

Each shield only Reduces a limited amount of damage. On my Warden, fully buffed, no stealth, my lethal arrow has around 20k tool tip. Landing two should prove very difficult for a warden to deal with (even with the shimmering up) they can't purge the defile making trees even weaker.

As they come in range I set up my own shalk combo with a dodge roll leaving an eternal hunt rune for their closer followed up by draining shot hard CC Shalk dive DboS

I thought you were a mag warden.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bow...

Go bow

Bow...

Go bow

I thought you were a mag warden.

Well I made a bow warden before the droves and was having fun with that, but now I'm gonna be using my Templar.

What happened was I was working on a healthden but my idea is getting/got nerfed so I wanted to use my Nord warden, tried doing the Stam healer thing, didn't have fun, so made a bow build.

Now I just moved everything to my Templar.

Edit: I don't use things generally considered OP
    Edited by Waffennacht on October 29, 2017 3:38AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht I'm curious how you feel about corrupting, in conjunction with shimmering now?

Imo, the ability to drop it at range where a target is moving and land a sub-DB as they're entering the field is ridiculous.

You also saw me nuke people with a sub-DB combo while playing a guard tank build, I'm curious if you still think stam warden is balanced?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht I'm curious how you feel about corrupting, in conjunction with shimmering now?

Imo, the ability to drop it at range where a target is moving and land a sub-DB as they're entering the field is ridiculous.

You also saw me nuke people with a sub-DB combo while playing a guard tank build, I'm curious if you still think stam warden is balanced?

Wait, in the match you got less kills than me or the one where you had just one more than my bow build ;)

I don't recall using trees honestly, just DboS.

Honestly I'll take on your Warden any day over your NB. I actually almost killed you in the duel with my purp bow (nirn gold now!). And It took you forever to get me, where your NB would have taken 5 secs

I actually feel Stam warden is weaker after that performance. You easily do way more DMG and healing on your NB.

Edit: let me put it this way. Where I felt I had a good chance of killing you (both of is were on unfamiliar classes) against your Warden. I feel almost entirely helpless against your NB.
    Edited by Waffennacht on October 30, 2017 9:01AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sit at 2.8k wpn DMG unbuffed and 2k Stam Regen unbuffed, do I need more Regen?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I sit at 2.8k wpn DMG unbuffed and 2k Stam Regen unbuffed, do I need more Regen?

2k regen is a boatload if you are running 5 heavy.

Warden especially doesn't need a lot of regen, since they get free passive regen from the netch as well as that stupid green balance passive.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »

Warden especially doesn't need a lot of regen, since they get free passive regen from the netch as well as that stupid green balance passive.
    Don’t forget easy access to major endurance through the falcons swiftness buff. They don’t even need to run Stam pots.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »

Don’t forget easy access to major endurance through the falcons swiftness buff. They don’t even need to run Stam pots.

That too.

Plus the fact that all of their major buff skills cost magicka, or in the case of the netch are free.

• MonoAlv96
    MonoAlv96
    ✭✭
    I agree, wardens are too op right now, panic dodge once and ur dead lol.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump - more and more people are starting to see wardens for what they are.

Also I set a new high dmg record for myself in a BG on my Stam warden. Using sub assault. Hooray for me.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also I set a new high dmg record for myself in a BG on my Stam warden. Using sub assault. Hooray for me.

After facing, I dunno how many, Stam warden is overrated.

I even started recording every time I face one.

Doesn't hold a candle to the SA + Selene + Viper + Incap combo
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do people still run that on Xbox? I haven’t seen that since the proc set nerf.

Also on PC they fixed Selene so the proc doesn’t rotate to follow you anymore, which finally has made it really easy to dodge.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also on PC they fixed Selene so the proc doesn’t rotate to follow you anymore, which finally has made it really easy to dodge.

Lol I meant the old school proc build, not modern.

It's not as good as that combo, which people make it sound like.

I'm not saying it's subpar or anything. It's not the death sentence of old.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol I meant the old school proc build, not modern.

It's not as good as that combo, which people make it sound like.

I'm not saying it's subpar or anything. It's not the death sentence of old.

True but back then a non-permablock tank could still hold block for 3-4s without running out of Stam and losing the fight

• NegativeVibes
    NegativeVibes
    ✭✭✭
    It's getting ridiculous. We're seeing more and more of it.

Too many people running one-round KO stam warden builds. And they all run the same thing... stampede, dawnbreaker, beetles, and reverse slice.

Subterranean assault needs to be a 1s channel like dark flare currently is. Giving that much burst to an ability that doesn't do its damage on the global cooldown (and stun and fracture) is just a bad idea. But to give it to the class with the best pvp healing and the best pvp sustain is absurd.

Ive been posting here for over a year.. never made a QQ post.

And for those who say "Oh its telegraphed, learn to play!" yeah, the bad wardens do that. I'm talking about the good ones that activate beetles and pop an immov pot out of range, then stampede on top of you right before beetles triggers. unless youre running javelin on templar there is 0 counterplay other than dodgerolling the stampede...

Oh yeah and they have major heroism through shimmering shield, so they can do this about every 15s...

It blows my mind that this ability hasn't been nerfed yet. And thats not even factoring in the whole "ignore the Z axis" element of it. Always fun to be playing BGs in arcane university and get dropped by a beetle being cast by someone two floors above you.

Here's a pic.... but lets not pretend you don't know exactly what im talking about. Just watch kodi's stream for 10min.

its a combo that kills most players in about 1.1s (not counting the stampede travel time). Thats ridiculous.

Everyone who doesn't already have one is making a stam warden on the 2x XP event next week.

ka3lhI9.jpg

EDIT: and in case you cant tell, that is in no CP battlegrounds. Its even worse in CP.

I honestly couldnt agree more. Having things like this in pvp with no real counter or ability to react ruins the game. Wardens get nearly every buff in the game and have a burst heal, cheap ultimates, unsane burst damage, crazy ult gain, and so much flexibility. At this point I quit playing my stam warden after everyone has meta hopped to it.
  • NegativeVibes
    NegativeVibes
    ✭✭✭
    Let’s all be honest here. Any class can do this type of burst setup. An Stamblade can cloak, HA, SA, IC, KB with animation canceling and kill someone in a second and a half. A mage blade will hit with a 13k assassins will and impale. A DK will whip or wrecking blow, leap, executioner, all canceled animation and dead in a second and a half or less. Templar spams Jabs until dawn breaker is up, use it, then radiant. A sorc will have curse on you, mages fury, and procced frags, and as you hit low HP mages fury’s second effect occurs to execute.

Literally all the above combos can kill someone in 1.5 seconds. But let me rephrase that...any of the above combos will kill a MEDIUM armor wearer in 1.5 seconds. There’s the issue.

All these heavy armor super tank builds that are running around these days can have damn near all the above happen at the same time and if someone wasn’t clever enough to CC them they block through it and laugh (slightly exaggerating here lol). You wear medium? You’re in a world of hurt. Now don’t get me wrong. I wear medium and do more than fine. But I have to work twice as hard to survive and no matter what, when a persons timing is just right they can melt me or anyone else wearing medium in a second because there is no counter play as the majority of the above combos have at least one or two huge damage attacks that are undodgable. Personally, I hold block and usually survive. But like I said, there are plenty of times where everything is going fine and above 90% HP then suddenly dead and it’s like “wtf just happened” and it all took place in one second, even faster than the break free animation trying to get away and heal.

People over exaggerate saying taking away major evasion from people in 5 heavy will some how be a huge nerf to these super tanks but that’s a load of crap. It will slightly help and maybe force some people to choose between forward momentum and rally if they want to remove snares, but overall these people are already so spec’d into block cost reduction they don’t need to evade anything.

Call me salty all you want, but heavy out performs medium. Light out performs medium. Keeping shuffle to just medium armor is not a buff to medium armor. If anything, wearing 5 or more medium dodge roll fatigue should be reduced by 50% and if you receive AoE damage while dodging the damage is reduced by 50%. NB no longer gets the 30% stamina recovery bonus and cost for everything has been increased in general so the ancient infinite dodge rollers would never be as bad as they were in the past. Honestly, shuffles snare immunity to give a flat 6 seconds of snare removal if 5 or more medium is worn. It’s expensive as it is so don’t think people will just spam it endlessly.

That’s my 2 cents.

Thats the problem. Light has more survivability becausd of high damage shields and heavy gets tons of mitigation. Medium is expected to be using roll dodge often but how are you supposed to do damage if you have to constantly roll and drain your stamina just to survive. Running medium makes using abilities like dizzying swing difficult due to the cast time, meaning you have to tank whatever damage coming your way before you can attack. Honestly, they need to remove the nerf shuffle was given. They nerfed it because heavy armor players were using it but now they cant. With the nerf in place it left medium armor as the worst armor class in pvp. Not to mention the crit bonuses from medium mean next to nothing when everyone wears impen. Its almost pointless to run medium on stam dk or stam sorc due to the lack of hand in hand support between the abilities the classes use and the passives of medium.
    Edited by NegativeVibes on November 12, 2017 1:12AM
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subterranean Assault is too strong right now, but heavy armor and S&B's offensive potential need to be nerfed as well. Otherwise it will make little difference.

@ZOS_Wrobel

I humbly request that the combat balance team look into the issue of being able to easily spec to permablock and also put out serious damage. This is literally a handicap for any not wearing S&B and heavy armor. It makes medium much less competitive than heavy, and while light isn't in a bad place in a vacuum, heavy armor builds are still able to check too many boxes in PvP.

I'm not so sure there is a combat balance team.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sinking feeling you get when you find a class/weapon combo you really enjoy just to see a 12 page thread calling for nerfs. smh
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sinking feeling you get when you find a class/weapon combo you really enjoy just to see a 12 page thread calling for nerfs. smh

Hey man, for what it’s worth, I really enjoy it too. But it is overperforming and the rest of the wardens toolkit is spread out over too many skills that would need to be redesigned.. (nerf lotus flower? I’ll run leeching vines, etc).

Sub assault is the one skill every warden uses. With how great the warden toolkit is, that fact alone should let you know it should be the first skill to be examined.

• Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh i think stam warden is the best thing to happen to open world PvP. Earlier tonight my DK buddy and i had 6 players chasing us around a rock for a minute till they ran outta stam then we turned around sub, HA, DB, execute while the whole group crumbled in front of us. Its nice to finally be able to combat the zerg mentality at least till the full raid shows up. No gap closer or ravager required. just one well placed combo timed in sync with a friend's ultimate. Pugs SHOULD be punished for clumping up for my sub assault/DB. #removeAOEcaps
  • Ultimate_Overlord
    Ultimate_Overlord
    ✭✭✭
    Stam warden is the best thing to happen to average players who want to do open world pvp and perform well.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on November 14, 2017 10:36AM
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d rather see buffs to the other classes... Stam DK for instance.
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rohaus wrote: »
    I’d rather see buffs to the other classes... Stam DK for instance.

That leap though
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds