Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Subterranean Assault Overperforming

• Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That sinking feeling you get when you find a class/weapon combo you really enjoy just to see a 12 page thread calling for nerfs. smh

Don't worry about it. Out of 12 pages only 3 people have complained about it so I don't think they will be nerfing such an easily avoidable, highly telegraphed, delayed skill any time soon.

Some people just need to learn to adapt their play styles like the rest of us have and then they will realize the skill is far from being op and very easy to counter.

• BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    That sinking feeling you get when you find a class/weapon combo you really enjoy just to see a 12 page thread calling for nerfs. smh

Don't worry about it. Out of 12 pages only 3 people have complained about it so I don't think they will be nerfing such an easily avoidable, highly telegraphed, delayed skill any time soon.

Some people just need to learn to adapt their play styles like the rest of us have and then they will realize the skill is far from being op and very easy to counter.

loool

except when you're in a bg and 4 wardens time their Sub assaults and DBOSs' :trollface:

when a 46 warden can slap on some crappy purple gear and hop into pvp and kill max cp players there's an issue

Edited by BroanBeast1215 on November 14, 2017 4:54PM
  • Hecker777
    Hecker777
    ✭✭✭
    Rohaus wrote: »
    I’d rather see buffs to the other classes... Stam DK for instance.

I actually strongly agree with this. Beetles aren't guaranteed damage because they are hard to land and if you get CC'd you can forget about that part of your combo landing. I think instead of nerfing an ability that makes wardens unique, I think the abilities that are supposed to set the other classes apart need to be re-assessed.
    No class CC and I don't run a gap closer...so yeah if you streak away from me I'll probably bird spam you WHAT ELSE AM I SUPPOSED TO DO??
    Outrider of Vokundein-Vice PvP Officer- Member of Legend Gaming
    Officer- Eastmarch Trade Company
    Officer- Order of the Bear
    Core- Fear is Failure

DK Tank - Stam Sorc DPS - Stam Warden PvP DPS- Mag DK PvP DPS
    690+ CP PC NA
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

loool

except when you're in a bg and 4 wardens time their Sub assaults and DBOSs' :trollface:

Sorry, but you don't nerf a skill just because it takes 4 players that are also using ults to kill you with it. 4 players using dbos with heavy attacks would also kill you too.

So should we nerf heavy attacks? Nerf combos? Or nerf a skill that is unable to kill anybody by itself.

Or learn to adapt and accept that sometimes you will lose to a better player or a group of players.

• BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭

loool

Sorry, but you don't nerf a skill just because it takes 4 players that are also using ults to kill you with it. 4 players using dbos with heavy attacks would also kill you too.

So should we nerf heavy attacks? Nerf combos? Or nerf a skill that is unable to kill anybody by itself.

Or learn to adapt and accept that sometimes you will lose to a better player or a group of players.

Smh lol my post was referring to your claim that the combo is easily avoided but with a bg team full of wardens hitting it around the same time, there's 0 chance you don't get at least one hitting you.

the problem itself does not stem from heavy attacks/dawnbreaker/or sub assault. it comes from the fact that you can time sub/stampede/DBoS/Reverse slice all to hit at one time and its absolutely game breaking.

go ahead and ignore the second part of my original post too.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

loool

Smh lol my post was referring to your claim that the combo is easily avoided but with a bg team full of wardens hitting it around the same time, there's 0 chance you don't get at least one hitting you.

the problem itself does not stem from heavy attacks/dawnbreaker/or sub assault. it comes from the fact that you can time sub/stampede/DBoS/Reverse slice all to hit at one time and its absolutely game breaking.

Ubless you do that to these tank builds and you both just stare at each other afterwards
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

loool

You mean the part about a level 46 beating a max cp player? Lol pleeease max cp does not mean the player is skilled. So many max cp players have no clue, they just stand there, don't buff up, and think spamming Bol or 1 damage skill is a valid counter and then they wonder why they die and make nerf posts instead of learning how to play.

A group of players coordinating ults is usually going to kill you no matter what skills they use and if your build is that vulnerable that you die to 1 combo from 1 player then you might want to re think your build.

Nothing game breaking about it.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been getting a lot of hate tells on my warden lately for running the exact same combo I was complaining about in OP.

It is still an OP combo. I hope more people will complain about it so that it gets nerfed. I just want to play my poor Stam DK again.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think you understand how ZoS works, yes you'll get warden nerfed, but your Stam DK ain't coming back lmfao
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think you understand how ZoS works, yes you'll get warden nerfed, but your Stam DK ain't coming back lmfao
    All Stam DK needs to come back is for DBoS to get the nerf hammer, which would instantly boost the DK’s take flight back to “epic” status. As is, it’s only marginally better than DBoS.

Oh and hey, a DBoS nerf would also hit wardens really hard too and ruin the combo I was complaining about in OP.

And it is an overused ultimate for Stam toons for sure... ZOS loves nerfing those.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this skill supposed to ignoreLOS? And yes it hits too hard

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Is this skill supposed to ignoreLOS? And yes it hits too hard

The secondary effects (armor debuff for Stam and stun for mag) ignore LoS, the dmg does not

• Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It hits harder than my db
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    All Stam DK needs to come back is for DBoS to get the nerf hammer, which would instantly boost the DK’s take flight back to “epic” status. As is, it’s only marginally better than DBoS.

Oh and hey, a DBoS nerf would also hit wardens really hard too and ruin the combo I was complaining about in OP.

And it is an overused ultimate for Stam toons for sure... ZOS loves nerfing those.

Gotta be a joke post. But in the event that you’re serious, the reason dbos is overused is precisely because ultimate options are so limited for stam builds. Why it was changed to stam in the first place. Also, stam dk is not bad by any means. Watch lowpolicy in action if you need an example of how the class looks in competent hands. Stam dk just lacks flavor.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but your Stam DK ain't coming back lmfao

LMFAO true asf
    PC NA
    Characters:
    Aldmeri Dominion Champion - Stamina Warden - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Ðazzler - Stamina Arcanist - AD
    Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
    Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - DC
    Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »

Gotta be a joke post. But in the event that you’re serious, the reason dbos is overused is precisely because ultimate options are so limited for stam builds. Why it was changed to stam in the first place. Also, stam dk is not bad by any means. Watch lowpolicy in action if you need an example of how the class looks in competent hands. Stam dk just lacks flavor.

It's so good that even magicka players use it.
    Tbh, both Incap and DB need adjustment. Either stun removed, but that would screw combos. Or damage reduced, like ten percent. Or ult cost increased, not sure how much and how/if that would change anything.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is all not true
    it is not OP
    I got killed this week 0 (in words: ZERO) times by this skill
    proximity detonation
    shards
    some DK-skills
    but no warden crap among it

so I say, we should focus on real problems
    like lagging in cyro
    poplocked campaigns and queues
    nightcapping factions to win a campaign
    latency and ping
    crashes in trials and dungeons

you know real stuff that matters!
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Only that this will never happen.
    And just because YOU haven't run into a competent Warden doesn't mean they're not out there. Pretty much every seasoned PvPer agrees they are quite a bit overequipped with good stuff.
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's getting ridiculous. We're seeing more and more of it.

Too many people running one-round KO stam warden builds. And they all run the same thing... stampede, dawnbreaker, beetles, and reverse slice.

Subterranean assault needs to be a 1s channel like dark flare currently is. Giving that much burst to an ability that doesn't do its damage on the global cooldown (and stun and fracture) is just a bad idea. But to give it to the class with the best pvp healing and the best pvp sustain is absurd.

Ive been posting here for over a year.. never made a QQ post.

And for those who say "Oh its telegraphed, learn to play!" yeah, the bad wardens do that. I'm talking about the good ones that activate beetles and pop an immov pot out of range, then stampede on top of you right before beetles triggers. unless youre running javelin on templar there is 0 counterplay other than dodgerolling the stampede...

Oh yeah and they have major heroism through shimmering shield, so they can do this about every 15s...

It blows my mind that this ability hasn't been nerfed yet. And thats not even factoring in the whole "ignore the Z axis" element of it. Always fun to be playing BGs in arcane university and get dropped by a beetle being cast by someone two floors above you.

Here's a pic.... but lets not pretend you don't know exactly what im talking about. Just watch kodi's stream for 10min.

its a combo that kills most players in about 1.1s (not counting the stampede travel time). Thats ridiculous.

Everyone who doesn't already have one is making a stam warden on the 2x XP event next week.

ka3lhI9.jpg

EDIT: and in case you cant tell, that is in no CP battlegrounds. Its even worse in CP.

well first of all there is no stun on sub. assault. 2nd its super easy to avoid. 3rd a stamden who runs stampede over d swing is a noob cos you can literally just walk forward when they charge you and you will avoid both attacks without spending anything. the skill is actually very balanced considering how hard it is to hit vs a good player that knows how to move and bad players who cant avoid it for whatever reason arent a factor at all when it comes to balance. wardens have weaknesses. the class is just still relatively new and the vast majority of palyers are extremely slow learners and havent adepted yet. if you wanna complain about them anyway then atleast complain about the only thing that is actually overperforming. shimmering shield! id be ok if the major heroism duration would be cut into half but given the fact how much this game favors brainless zerglings nowadays im perfectly ok with the ability as it is atm as some1 who plays solo all the time. btw the only thing wardens have that other classes dont have healing wise is bond with nature which isnt a big heal to begin with. everyone can have f. momentum/rally, vigor and most classes have access to major mending and a burst heal or a similar powerful mechanic such as crit surge. the only ones that dont are NB´s and they get cloak instead which forces crit heals on vigor.

bottomline: warden is basically balanced. ppl just need to learn how to play vs them just like they learned how to play vs all other classes. maybe slightly better solo/small scale than most except NB but way worse in groups than basically anything else.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lao wrote: »

Too many people running one-round KO stam warden builds. And they all run the same thing... stampede, dawnbreaker, beetles, and reverse slice.

Subterranean assault needs to be a 1s channel like dark flare currently is. Giving that much burst to an ability that doesn't do its damage on the global cooldown (and stun and fracture) is just a bad idea. But to give it to the class with the best pvp healing and the best pvp sustain is absurd.

And for those who say "Oh its telegraphed, learn to play!" yeah, the bad wardens do that. I'm talking about the good ones that activate beetles and pop an immov pot out of range, then stampede on top of you right before beetles triggers. unless youre running javelin on templar there is 0 counterplay other than dodgerolling the stampede...

Oh yeah and they have major heroism through shimmering shield, so they can do this about every 15s...

It blows my mind that this ability hasn't been nerfed yet. And thats not even factoring in the whole "ignore the Z axis" element of it. Always fun to be playing BGs in arcane university and get dropped by a beetle being cast by someone two floors above you.

Here's a pic.... but lets not pretend you don't know exactly what im talking about. Just watch kodi's stream for 10min.

its a combo that kills most players in about 1.1s (not counting the stampede travel time). Thats ridiculous.

Everyone who doesn't already have one is making a stam warden on the 2x XP event next week.

ka3lhI9.jpg

EDIT: and in case you cant tell, that is in no CP battlegrounds. Its even worse in CP.

well first of all there is no stun on sub. assault. 2nd its super easy to avoid. 3rd a stamden who runs stampede over d swing is a noob cos you can literally just walk forward when they charge you and you will avoid both attacks without spending anything. the skill is actually very balanced considering how hard it is to hit vs a good player that knows how to move and bad players who cant avoid it for whatever reason arent a factor at all when it comes to balance. wardens have weaknesses. the class is just still relatively new and the vast majority of palyers are extremely slow learners and havent adepted yet. if you wanna complain about them anyway then atleast complain about the only thing that is actually overperforming. shimmering shield! id be ok if the major heroism duration would be cut into half but given the fact how much this game favors brainless zerglings nowadays im perfectly ok with the ability as it is atm as some1 who plays solo all the time. btw the only thing wardens have that other classes dont have healing wise is bond with nature which isnt a big heal to begin with. everyone can have f. momentum/rally, vigor and most classes have access to major mending and a burst heal or a similar powerful mechanic such as crit surge. the only ones that dont are NB´s and they get cloak instead which forces crit heals on vigor.

bottomline: warden is basically balanced. ppl just need to learn how to play vs them just like they learned how to play vs all other classes. maybe slightly better solo/small scale than most except NB but way worse in groups than basically anything else.

Translation: Don’t take away my shiny new toy please, I have so much fun stomping others with it.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

ka3lhI9.jpg

Translation: Don’t take away my shiny new toy please, I have so much fun stomping others with it.

sry cant take an AD player from PC/EU serious at all so ill just leave it at that instead of dignifying that BS with an actual response
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

ka3lhI9.jpg

sry cant take an AD player from PC/EU serious at all so ill just leave it at that instead of dignifying that BS with an actual response

Can’t see signatures on mobile so I’m hard pressed to guess whom you take serious instead. But I’m glad we got established that AD EU/PC is not your favorite faction. Pray proceed.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »

If I had the option to play as a non classed character with weapon-guild skills only, it wouldn't be really that much different than playing a stam Dk.

And some magicka classes still prefer dawnbreaker.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on January 27, 2018 1:50AM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i posted on closed beta forums for Morrowind that this combo would be ridiculous and got ridiculed
    Edited by Lexxypwns on January 27, 2018 1:58AM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    i posted on closed beta forums for Morrowind that this combo would be ridiculous and got ridiculed

Warden will get its nerfs, (When the new class comes out in the new expansion)
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Warden will get its nerfs, (When the new class comes out in the new expansion)

I hope not, everyone thinks I’m good now that I play warden ;)
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol how is this thread still alive. People ain’t even complaining about the new sorc combo of curse, endless fury, meteor, rune prision, and frag combo. But nah you guys are right, this combo of a non class based ult combined with a skill that hits between 3-7k on a normal resis person is insanely overwhelming.
    Edited by zParallaxz on January 27, 2018 3:50AM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »
    Lol how is this thread still alive. People ain’t even complaining about the new sorc combo of curse, endless fury, meteor, rune prision, and frag combo. But nah you guys are right, this combo of a non class based ult combined with a skill that hits between 3-7k on a normal resis person is insanely overwhelming.
    Not overwhelming. But it is overperforming.

More so on PC than console. I know you console guys have trouble aiming your beetles with the joysticks and the lag and whatnot

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't like your pointless bias for wardens, but at the same time I think you are very correct here.

StamDK isn't coming back.

heavy armor meta is dying,

blockcast gets very heavy nerfs,

defile meta keeps getting buffed. (which is like %70 healing debuff and it is a total DK killer)

and ZOS just keeps ignoring the stamDK community, and expects ''constructive criticism'' from people they ignored for 8+ months.

All the signs are telling this.

@Thogard , you know whats funny? when the carebears call us pvp players ''crybabies'', they are very correct.

Whoever cries the loudest gets what they want. We didn't see those nerfs because of some ''constructive criticism'' about why it should be nerfed, but some dummies crying about it all over the place, and youtubers&streamers farming clicks with titles like ''Totally broken stamDK build'', in which they pop a lingering hp pot+troll king, and show it like its the class itself.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on January 27, 2018 5:02AM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't like your pointless bias for wardens, but at the same time I think you are very correct here.

StamDK isn't coming back.

heavy armor meta is dying,

blockcast gets very heavy nerfs,

defile meta keeps getting buffed. (which is like %70 healing debuff and it is a total DK killer)

and ZOS just keeps ignoring the stamDK community, and expects ''constructive criticism'' from people they ignored for 8+ months.

All the signs are telling this.

@Thogard , you know whats funny? when the carebears call us pvp players ''crybabies'', they are very correct.

Whoever cries the loudest gets what they want. We didn't see those nerfs because of some ''constructive criticism'' about why it should be nerfed, but some dummies crying about it all over the place, and youtubers&streamers farming clicks with titles like ''Totally broken stamDK build'', in which they pop a lingering hp pot+troll king, and show it like its the class itself.

Yeah man i totally agree.

This thread is 50% people complaining about wardens and 50% wardens saying wardens aren't OP.

A lot of people tellling me that i need to learn to play. i dont think they understand that i've been a stam warden for the last four months.

I'm not the best stam warden in the world. but i placed #1 in PC NA deathmatch leaderboard last week. That means, at the very least, that I played a lot and therefore killed a lot of people.

And all of it was stampede + sub assault + dawnbreaker + execute.

I did "l2p" and that l2p was how to cheese with a stamden.

1Mtao4C.png