The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Sotha Sil NAPC Part VII

• Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    Why would you ask members of a zerg group to 1v1? That seems like a pointless exercise. You're going to win, they're going to lose. Does that somehow make you feel validated even if you know the outcome?

To clear things up, this screenshot shows the types of individuals I would ask to 1v1 after they outnumber us and tbag.
    JmKfjyo.png

I usually don't care for tbags but this is one of the few individuals that repeatedly tbags my group so I thought I'd find out why. Not to mention they constantly send hate tells while offline. Coincidently, they're also the type of people that appear in my outnumbered pvp clips.

inb4 warned for somehow naming and shaming with name censored.
    Edited by Sylphie on October 9, 2017 1:29PM
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno, I guess just water over a duck's back. Block 'em. There are things worth getting incensed about and then there's someone pressing crouch on a video game character.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sylphie wrote: »
    Why would you ask members of a zerg group to 1v1? That seems like a pointless exercise. You're going to win, they're going to lose. Does that somehow make you feel validated even if you know the outcome?

To clear things up, this screenshot shows the types of individuals I would ask to 1v1 after they outnumber us and tbag.
    JmKfjyo.png

I usually don't care for tbags but this is one of the few individuals that repeatedly tbags my group so I thought I'd find out why. Not to mention they constantly send hate tells while offline. Coincidently, they're also the type of people that appear in my outnumbered pvp clips.

Your 39 unread mails are triggering me. Also gotta love the talons hate.

Kind-of-sort-of on-topic: This cycle is trash. I hopped on 3-4 times this weekend, and within any 2 hours of playing AD recapped everything besides tris and started pushing tris for no reason, so I dipped (or AFKed outside keeps for Oticks...).

But another issue--primetime on Saturday was 2 bar AD and a handful of EP and DC on (as @Mihael mentions). Lopsided, zergy mess...but that was primetime on a saturday, on the 2nd most active campaign, and 2 bars was enough pop to zerg down the server. Obviously gatecamping tamps down casual players from logging on, but at that time EP held all trikeeps and Chalman, DC had all trikeeps and Aleswell (those rapidly got zerged down, but right around 9 that was the map).

So gatecamping wasn't pushing people to log off during primetime--they just weren't logging on (or were wiping to the bananazerg once and logging off, but tbh there was a lot of soft meat in that bananazerg--many new names and low pvp ranks).
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • kynseon
    kynseon
    ✭✭✭
    @Sylphie brooooo clear your messages.
  • Sovi3tKitsch
    Sovi3tKitsch
    ✭✭✭
    I log in to an all Yellow map 3bars vs 1bar v 1bar and there's tons of AD in zone typing LFG lol. RIP Sotha. I don't recognize a lot of these people that are in zone now. It's none of the AD regulars I usually see. Bunch of bandwagon faction hoppers who only want to play on whatever side is winning I bet. I've been in Vivec lately. Lag sucks but at least their are players to fight.

Maybe you don't recognize the pugs because you run so many guild-only groups and a lot of pugs would rather run IV or Pantsless?

Sttb2T4.gif
    I might be trash but "garbage can" not "garbage can't".
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, 39 unread mails is madness.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So has the DC horror on Sotha subsided? Is the Long Night over?
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This campaign is dead. Most people are in the game for fun fights. Plenty of those in Vivec, and the wait times aren't horrible. Battlegrounds are pretty fun too when you don't face a premade all stamplar/stamsorc.

Edited by gabriebe on October 9, 2017 2:05PM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont understand.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• Patches760
    Patches760
    ✭✭
    What’s with the low pop bonus putting dc in 2nd tho

• Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    This campaign is dead. Most people are in the game for fun fights. Plenty of those in Vivec, and the wait times aren't horrible. Battlegrounds are pretty fun too when you don't face a premade all stamplar/stamsorc.

The fact that Zos keeps 7 freaking campaign doesn't help either. At this point, we should probly be down to 3 campaign looking at the low pops. At very least back to 4 like it was before mayhem. If the point of double AP was to give a new life to pvp well it sure did the exact opposite.
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

JmKfjyo.png

This is the type of post that leads to the thread being closed. Someone will recognize the other party, be amicable with them, and start the echo chamber madness that appears in this place.
    Edited by usmcjdking on October 9, 2017 2:29PM
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please let's try to keep this thread open....

When it gets to bad in Sotha we go to another server. Yesterday we played on Shor for a bit until the map got zerged red by another EP group & then I took the scroll I had and dropped it down a cave. We went back to Sotha played there some until we got zerged down at BRK & Arrius, it seemed that EP that were helping logged when someone said AD had logged in. Everyone needs to work together not just log out on EP imo. I also have connection issues when I go to Vivec but I do manage to play in there some.
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    So gatecamping wasn't pushing people to log off during primetime--they just weren't logging on (or were wiping to the bananazerg once and logging off, but tbh there was a lot of soft meat in that bananazerg--many new names and low pvp ranks).

^This.

I logged on EP Saturday and went Arrius or some such...about 15 AD showed up on FD. All lowbies, the sort that are sub-2 or 300 CP and run 1 siege at a time.

This was the only fight on the map, and 3 EP showed up. We got lots of kills but there were too many... even 6 EP regulars would've wiped them all very easily in about 60 seconds. Then keep flags and the banana zerg shows up, about 15 more on top of that and a steady trickle.

Only fight on the map and only 3 EP.

GG, queue for Vivec
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    I would sort out the mail but they're all rewards of the worthy and I have no inventory space.

One plus side about being gate camped is that I was able to get plenty of outnumbered clips for this video.

https://youtu.be/tZME5Buz964

Some pvp clips feat. The B Team, random friends and questionable music taste.
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One plus side about being gate camped is that I was able to get plenty of outnumbered clips for this video.
    Yep, this is definitely a plus for times like these. I got my best (only) two solo/small group stamblade vids over a year ago when DC was dominating the campaign.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Borelock762
    Borelock762
    ✭✭
    I've pretty much giving up on this cup cake forum and the censorship of its users. About to give up on this broken game as well . Rip broken scrolls online .
    They should spend more time banning exploiters, and not allow add ons like miats.
    Edited by Borelock762 on October 9, 2017 6:20PM
  • Sovi3tKitsch
    Sovi3tKitsch
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone please explain to me all the salt about "zerging"? I have never seen anyone take a keep with less than 2-3 people. Grouping is a necessary function in PvP to achieve objectives sometimes and all factions do it. I've seen red zergs, blue zergs, and yellow zergs. Everybody zergs, some people zerg surf, but you will never ever see one person take a defended keep by themselves. If you should happen upon a enemy zerg, just remember: "Fleeing is a perfectly valid tactic if you wander into a tough situation. Find or craft better gear, use skill points, or level up a bit more, then come back to fight another day.".
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont understand.
    Can someone please explain to me all the salt about "zerging"? I have never seen anyone take a keep with less than 2-3 people. Grouping is a necessary function in PvP to achieve objectives sometimes and all factions do it. I've seen red zergs, blue zergs, and yellow zergs. Everybody zergs, some people zerg surf, but you will never ever see one person take a defended keep by themselves. If you should happen upon a enemy zerg, just remember: "Fleeing is a perfectly valid tactic if you wander into a tough situation. Find or craft better gear, use skill points, or level up a bit more, then come back to fight another day.".

Oh boy, here it comes....

5560307605_20d7d60de9_b.jpg
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rickter , you guys should come back to the campaign! We need more DC and you guys were a pleasure to fight.
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RE: Gate Camping, and factions holding all the map and zerging down any player that even tries to go near a keep or resource to try and take just one thing back on the map back.

I don't know what you can do to prevent this. On one side "All's fair in love and war", and the game already has a 'safe space' built in where you can't be attacked, so you will always have some individuals that think this tactic is ok no matter what. On the other, it clearly discourages people from playing PVP (and especially disappointingly, discourages new players) no matter which faction they are from.

As you are never going to change human nature, perhaps some in game mechanic could be devised to prevent the problem? Maybe have a demarcation zone around each gate and its associated home keep where 30 minutes (or some other arbitrary time period) after the gate is opened, you no longer score AP for killing players? Have this zone reset only after the gate is closed. That way there would be no incentive for players to gate camp or hold the oppositions keeps nearest the gate unless they are still after the scroll. Or maybe people can come up with better suggestions?
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rickter , you guys should come back to the campaign! We need more DC and you guys were a pleasure to fight.

:heart:

That was very kind of you to say :)

Some of my fondest pvp experiences were on Azura's and I think there are a few in my guild that would love to come back to noCP.

I will put the feelers out and see what they say!!

You must understand however, we've put a lot of time and investment into Shor and I would like to see that pan out. We shall see though!!! thanks again!!
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You fellas classed up the server and made good attempts at things being not so crummy during the reign of a guild we Can't Name.

Totally understand if things are fun over in Shor - @DeadlyRecluse and I have meant to poke around over there with a little AD group so maybe we'll run into each other. I'm still turned off to CP, but to each their own!
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭

There is nothing wrong with zerging as long as it doesn't kill pvp. if you want to run in a 24 man group then that's fine go ahead and try to take as many keeps as you can as long as their are a good amount of people defending, the problem comes is, as you can see by what AD has been doing is that they get in a group of 20 to fight 5 people..... like what kind of "fun" pvp is that?for the group of 20 you probs don't even have to try to kill the 5 people and for the 5 people no matter how hard you try you can get through all that damage and heals. This just ends up killing pvp.

For example when dc zerged last campaign yeah it was annoying getting 10+v1 then getting t bagged but what ever it's part of the game I chose to play solo, the problem comes in when these 10+ people go take keeps that are completely undefended and just take over the whole map, no one wants to come home from a hard day at work/school to a one colored map with no pvp
    Edited by Mihael on October 9, 2017 10:55PM
  • Malibulove
    Malibulove
    ✭✭✭
    The imbalanced fights don't even matter that much. Fengrush brought the biggest group of fan boys ever to Azura's and it made the map better even with a constant pop-locked DC.

Where Azura's (now Sotha) has always lived or died, is what those big groups do during the 14-18 hours that aren't prime-time.

If they relentless push to make sure everything stays their color and that all objectives are controlled by them for maximum points, the map becomes inactive and players inevitably re-home. If it gets left alone, the map will have recovered enough by the next day that all three factions flock back to it.
    Chill Bro of Chill Bros

Hooked-on-a-Feeling - Stamsorc (EP)
    Freddíe Mercury - Lead singer of Queen (EP)
    A Blizzard Wizard Lizard - P2Warden (DC)
    Prequels Anakin - Mageblade (AD)
  • Sovi3tKitsch
    Sovi3tKitsch
    ✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »

There is nothing wrong with zerging as long as it doesn't kill pvp. if you want to run in a 24 man group then that's fine go ahead and try to take as many keeps as you can as long as their are a good amount of people defending, the problem comes is, as you can see by what AD has been doing is that they get in a group of 20 to fight 5 people..... like what kind of "fun" pvp is that?for the group of 20 you probs don't even have to try to kill the 5 people and for the 5 people no matter how hard you try you can get through all that damage and heals. This just ends up killing pvp.

For example when dc zerged last campaign yeah it was annoying getting 10+v1 then getting t bagged but what ever it's part of the game I chose to play solo, the problem comes in when these 10+ people go take keeps that are completely undefended and just take over the whole map, no one wants to come home from a hard day at work/school to a one colored map with no pvp

Agreed, (Sort of. I don't see anything wrong with taking a undefended keep, I rarely see anyone attempt to defend Dragonclaw for instance and AP is AP.) I've mostly been trying out other campaigns for the last couple days because there isn't much to do in Sotha. Getting "zerged down" happens though. If you're taking a objective on the map anyone can see that it's flagged and someone is likely to come investigate or defend. Could be a few pugs, could be a nearby group. If the map is yellow though, we should have zero interest in defending anything.

**On that note: I would like to bring back the fishing guild "Master Baiters of Tamriel". Seems like as good a time as any to fish in Sotha...
  • Phreeki
    Phreeki
    ✭✭✭
    Well gratz to the current AD EMP taking all the tri-keeps on the map and camping resources with a group of 10.
    You have become the DC.
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »

Agreed, (Sort of. I don't see anything wrong with taking a undefended keep, I rarely see anyone attempt to defend Dragonclaw for instance and AP is AP.) I've mostly been trying out other campaigns for the last couple days because there isn't much to do in Sotha. Getting "zerged down" happens though. If you're taking a objective on the map anyone can see that it's flagged and someone is likely to come investigate or defend. Could be a few pugs, could be a nearby group. If the map is yellow though, we should have zero interest in defending anything.

**On that note: I would like to bring back the fishing guild "Master Baiters of Tamriel". Seems like as good a time as any to fish in Sotha...

When I meant undefend keep I mean emp keeps and try keeps that the lower pop faction has no one to defend, and when I said 20 people fight 5 people I didn't mean a Zerg just so happened to his brindle and there was only 5 people to defend I mean a Zerg hit chalman and there is only 5 people to defend period whether at the keep or not, this happens because the constant zerging outside of prime time like @Malibulove said that kill pvp
  • EdmundTowers
    EdmundTowers
    ✭✭✭
    I log in to an all Yellow map 3bars vs 1bar v 1bar and there's tons of AD in zone typing LFG lol. RIP Sotha. I don't recognize a lot of these people that are in zone now. It's none of the AD regulars I usually see. Bunch of bandwagon faction hoppers who only want to play on whatever side is winning I bet. I've been in Vivec lately. Lag sucks but at least their are players to fight.

Maybe you don't recognize the pugs because you run so many guild-only groups and a lot of pugs would rather run IV or Pantsless?

Sttb2T4.gif

I don't get your point. I was mentioning the people I saw in zone trying to build a 20 player group on a map that is all yellow with only bleakers blue and farragut red (3 bars AD, 1bar DC, 1 bar EP). What's the point of this? There is no one to fight.
    Co GM of Imperium of the Eagle, PvP Guild NA PC, ~Aldmeri Dominion~
    Tyrael Allynna Aldmeri Magplar
  • The_1st_Elder
    The_1st_Elder
    ✭✭
    JDG (Judgment) is coming back to Sotha Sil on EP. (Will be back fully when Sotha resets) some people like myself are playing in Sotha already to get used to being back in no cp conditions.
    We mainly play oceanic time when most of us are on so letting you guys know in advance.

PS JDG is a pure 1vX guild where the only reason you get in is by 1vXing.

Edited because typo
    Edited by The_1st_Elder on October 10, 2017 11:11AM
    Main EP - Caius Targaryen - Stam DK
    EP - Viselyx Targaryen - Mag NB
    DC - Tyron Targaryen - Stam Templar
    AD - Vaeron Targaryen - Stam Sorc