The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dive

Skander
Skander
✭✭✭✭✭
It's a projectile (not a beam) but it's not reflectable.

Why?
I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
-Elder Nightblades Online
Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because they thought that reflecting a bird would look really stupid (and it would) and that the animation and travel time were so slow and obvious that it would never land if it was reflectable or dodgable. This was all said on an ESO live by Wrobel when they were showcasing the Warden before Morrowind launch.
    PC/EU DC
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a summon, not a projectile
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, a flying surprise attack that can't be dodged nor reflected is balanced.

Ok, good to know

what a disgrace
    Edited by Skander on September 17, 2017 11:58AM
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because they thought that reflecting a bird would look really stupid (and it would) and that the animation and travel time were so slow and obvious that it would never land if it was reflectable or dodgable. This was all said on an ESO live by Wrobel when they were showcasing the Warden before Morrowind launch.

Sounds like Dark Flare :|
    Noobplar
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Destruent wrote: »

Exactly, dark flare has the lower end of the stick, ofc. Templar op pls nerf

Edited by Skander on September 17, 2017 11:59AM
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All good, but then it should have a 1.6 second cast time just like Dark Flare which also has a similar travel time.

This way it's raining, no pouring Birds from the same player.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dive is not considered a Projectile.

It is a summoned Pet, which suicides into your enemy.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »

Yeah, if ZOS is anything it is consistently inconsistent.
    PC/EU DC
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »

It's a projectile. No matter how you want to look at it.
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ball of Lightening also absorbs Soul Strike for some reason, while we are on the topic of inconsistencies.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »

All good, but then it should have a 1.6 second cast time just like Dark Flare which also has a similar travel time.

This way it's raining, no pouring Birds from the same player.

I think their reasoning is Dark Flare hits harder and defiles where Dive just does damage. If Dark Flare was made like Dive it would be absolutly brutal. They didn't talk about that on the ESO live if I remember correctly. It's just my guess.

Honestly, even on my Warden I don't use dive much. I don't like the way it looks or sounds. I think the bird kammakazi animation is odd. I would have preferred a summon or something. Maybe summon a cliffracer that flies around a target and attacks them for x seconds. Sort of how the sword from the Morkuldan set works.
    PC/EU DC
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because of pvp devs
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love these threads where people take one skill from class A and compare it with skill from class B. It is always very insightful... not

It is not projectile any more or less you are projectile headbutting someone.
    Edited by SodanTok on September 17, 2017 1:02PM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    I love these threads where people take one skill from class A and compare it with skill from class B. It is always very insightful... not

An object in motion with thrust of some kind behind it, sounds like a projectile. Now if you were vomiting at the same time, that would be exceptional.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If dive isn't a projectile, Flare is not too:

If you see Flare description it says: CONJURE a ecc ecc

Your argument is invalid
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It's not counted as a pet though, otherwise it'd proc sets like Necropotence & Hunt Leader.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

It's not counted as a pet though, otherwise it'd proc sets like Necropotence & Hunt Leader.

Bond with Nature
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skander wrote: »

If dive isn't a projectile, Flare is not too:

If you see Flare description it says: CONJURE a ecc ecc

Your argument is invalid

We can argue all day if living thing in self induced motion is projectile and it would not matter (birds arent considered projectiles in normal word, so there's that). Because there are no rules that says projectiles must be dodgeable/reflectable, all your arguments are invalid. The only thing you can argue about is effect of this on your perceived balance.
    Mojmir wrote: »

An object in motion with thrust of some kind behind it, sounds like a projectile. Now if you were vomiting at the same time, that would be exceptional.

I think you never saw Dive in action in this game. Otherwise you would notice warden is not thrusting anything.
    Edited by SodanTok on September 17, 2017 1:52PM
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why do people argue the definition of a projectile? It doesn't matter. It isn't like ZOS is going to say "Oh, well they proved that it is, by definition, a projectile. Due to the laws of the English Language we must change the game mechanics to follow." They will simply say, "yeah, well this is an unreflectable projectile so eat my bird spam!"

ZOS isn't bound to provide consistency in language and logic when it comes to gameplay. Calling them on that won't change anything.
    PC/EU DC
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dive is a joke of a skill. In both PvE and PvP. In PvE its way too slow. In PvP due to the fact that its way too slow its undodgeable. Just make the damn thing faster. It would also make the Warden feel less clunky and clumsy to play.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dive is a joke of a skill. In both PvE and PvP. In PvE its way too slow. In PvP due to the fact that its way too slow its undodgeable. Just make the damn thing faster. It would also make the Warden feel less clunky and clumsy to play.

Get use to it, it won't feel clunky at all - it's like living in the future
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »
    So, a flying surprise attack that can't be dodged nor reflected is balanced.

Ok, good to know

what a disgrace

@Skander It has a higher tooltip dmg then surprise attack on identical stats fyi, so yea...fun.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • artal
    artal
    ✭✭✭
    Well sadly

Sadly its still counted as some sort of pet since it proc bound with nature... btw did you tested hunt leader, i was curious if it proc that.

But all that aside I was saying even on pts that its to strong for spamable ability to be undodgable and unreflectable. When I'm 1vxing on stamblade even super bad wardens can be proper annoyance and cant get you killed if you are not close to los.
    Its like Hitchcock movie out there sometimes.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    artal wrote: »
    Well sadly

Sadly its still counted as some sort of pet since it proc bound with nature... btw did you tested hunt leader, i was curious if it proc that.

But all that aside I was saying even on pts that its to strong for spamable ability to be undodgable and unreflectable. When I'm 1vxing on stamblade even super bad wardens can be proper annoyance and cant get you killed if you are not close to los.
    Its like Hitchcock movie out there sometimes.

Does not trigger hunt leader
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, the Templar gap closer is a perfect example of flying through the air to headbutt someone and it IS reflectable.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »

Well, the Templar gap closer is a perfect example of flying through the air to headbutt someone and it IS reflectable.

The secondary morph of that gap closer deals it's DMG as AOE DMG but it's still considered a direct DMG ability. So master at arms/fire staff will buff it but it will ignore dodge. It might still reflect.

Either way, can't compare a ranged spamable with an AOE/direct cc gap closer.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why do people argue the definition of a projectile? It doesn't matter. It isn't like ZOS is going to say "Oh, well they proved that it is, by definition, a projectile. Due to the laws of the English Language we must change the game mechanics to follow." They will simply say, "yeah, well this is an unreflectable projectile so eat my bird spam!"

ZOS isn't bound to provide consistency in language and logic when it comes to gameplay. Calling them on that won't change anything.

@Luigi_Vampa
    you are exactly right. its like arguing with your parent when your a child. you might be able to prove them wrong but your still not getting what you want.

@Neoauspex toppling charge can be reflected with scale? what???
    Edited by scipionumatia on September 19, 2017 6:38PM
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Neoauspex wrote: »

The secondary morph of that gap closer deals it's DMG as AOE DMG but it's still considered a direct DMG ability. So master at arms/fire staff will buff it but it will ignore dodge. It might still reflect.

Either way, can't compare a ranged spamable with an AOE/direct cc gap closer.

That's what I'm saying, it's ridiculous that the headbutt is reflectable and the ranged spammable is not. @scipionumatia it's reflectable by tower guard eclipse... Probably the Templar version too but nobody ever uses it so there's no way of knowing.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why it should be dodgiable:
    hakuKqK.jpg?1

Light armor, full dmg, carried by immanse shields.
    The screenshot was taken by a medium armor user (not a nightblade so you can't even cloack it)
  • C0ndor
    C0ndor
    ✭✭
    U got 12k health? If u took the deep fissure means that you was straight in front of him. Try not to. 6k cr compared to deep fissure means it critted for a lot, get some impen pieces/add some crit resistance in cp tree, will help a lot also against other classes burst. A mag dk can do exactly the same amount of dmg you showed here and in heavy armor if timed with skoria. Consider the full burst come every 3s so u got time to heal yourself.