Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

CP Gear Cap Increase, Do You Want It?

• Kavatchian
    Kavatchian
    ✭✭✭
    Other, explain.
    People survived when they added Vet 15, and 16. Players would get over having to re-craft/upgrade gear again. Personally I think they need to ditch the whole system. The champion point system is a utter mess. You can only up CP levels so far before they do what they did in a previous revision, and make you waste more CP to gain a extra 1%. Long term it needs to be redone.
    Edited by Kavatchian on January 6, 2018 1:29AM
    North America | Xbox One | Prince of Evil
    -Necromancer | High Elf MagSorc
    Kavatchian | High Elf MagDK
    Xavier Vivicus | Breton Magblade
    J'zah the Khajiit | Stamblade
    -Blu | Argonian Healer
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I would like to stay with CP 160.
    Another option that would give the exact same function, would be to delete all the 160 gear from every character in the game.

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't need pointless things like gear cap to feel progressed.
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kavatchian wrote: »
    People survived when they added Vet 15, and 16. Players would get over having to re-craft/upgrade gear again. Personally I think they need to ditch the whole system. The champion point system is a utter mess. You can only up CP levels so far before they do what they make you waste more CP to gain a extra 1%. Long term it needs to be redone.

Right. That was before they implemented the "Scaling" system. It's impossible to raise the gear cap now without seriously breaking the game.
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, increase the gear cap!
    I was tempted to hit the "no" button immediately but then: Farming gear has become much less of a hassle with transmutation. And whatever I just upgraded to gold tends to be nerfed to oblivion with the next update anyway. So why not? :D
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like 100% of my gear becoming obsolete overnight. Who needs to enjoy this game's massive build diversity anyways?
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly ZO are at least considering this. I recall that they specifically didn't rule out the possibility of an increase when questioned.

Here's the thing.

This possibility is a HUGE turn off to even jumping on ESO's end-game gear grind treadmill. If it's not forever then I'd be crazy to bother.
  • U_D_D_I_N_R
    U_D_D_I_N_R
    ✭✭✭
    551 votes on no just explains it.
    Edited by U_D_D_I_N_R on January 6, 2018 5:27PM
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It just doesn't make sense to do so.
    You move the stick up so you can currently lose power to reach the end of the stick to just be in the position you are at now, because of how scaling works. Not to mention all the time lost farming gear and farming/buying mats to upgrade said gear.
    What is the point? There is no power gain. There's only temporary power loss until you get back to where you are now. Just seems like a waste of time.
    Edited by Kel on January 6, 2018 6:40PM
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lol I made this thread 2 months ago... even I came to realize that it would brutally murder ESO player base...sure im 1 of the fewest if not the only 1 who actually have only 1 character... for the past 4 years...how much would it cost me? proly @ 500k gold at best to regold new stuff and reenchant etc... but think of those who have 14 chars... rip. if some are heavy armor users...the gravestone gets even wider.
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......just NO plz I just got done grinding my gear and I don't want to start the struggle from the start.....just let me have fun with my gear.....me no want grind again :(
  • KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tbh, part of the fun with expansions back in WoW was the need to find new gear and such.

The loot hunt is a valid game mechanic to some extent.
    KanedaSyndrome's Suggestions For Game Improvements
    The Fortuitous Collapse of the Wave Equation
    The Best Plans Require No Action
  • KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    If I need new gear or want to try something different is one thing, but to grind out a whole new set, is just time being spent. When a game becomes a chore, why play.

Could perhaps add a system where crafters can upgrade existing gear to a higher level for some steep material costs.
    KanedaSyndrome's Suggestions For Game Improvements
    The Fortuitous Collapse of the Wave Equation
    The Best Plans Require No Action
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh, part of the fun with expansions back in WoW was the need to find new gear and such.

The loot hunt is a valid game mechanic to some extent.

Eh...that's what drives alot of players away from WoW as well, myself included.
    You beat your head against the wall knowing that epic BiS weapon you and your guild spent months farming is going to be replaced by starter green gear in the next expansion.
    There is a feeling of futility in that..a question of "what's the point?"....after awhile, you just don't bother anymore, and good enough is just good enough.
    Look at artifacts in Legion. You spend the entire expansion powering up the Ashbringer...just to give it up for some "of the whale" green weapon.
    Yes, some find it fun, that's true. Alot of people also stop raiding because of it too.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Think i said no already but thread popped back up on "participated" so... no... gear cap across the board increase makes no sense in scaled environment.

maybe, maybe maybe a way to make a small select targeted up-tick to make some elements more worthwhile - like say allow crafted to go to cp200 but usually that is just a camel in the ten thing so... no not even for that.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Isildurrr
    Isildurrr
    ✭✭✭
    Makes no sense to increase gear cap at all, I don't even think I have to explain why.
    www.isildurrr.com
    www.twitch.tv/isildurrr_
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other, explain.
    SAY NO TO MEANINGLESS VERTICAL PROGRESSION

You don't get any more powerful. mobs are buffed to compensate, and the power creep it introduces gets class skills nerfed.

NO NO NO
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't get any more powerful.

Yea, but it gives me an excuse to do a spring cleaning and throw out all the junk set pieces i've been hoarding because of "what if they get useful one day" :p
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Increasing the gear cap would force players to regrind hundreds of pieces of gear and re-golding dozens of set ups. Why is this a good idea again????
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

Yea, but it gives me an excuse to do a spring cleaning and throw out all the junk set pieces i've been hoarding because of "what if they get useful one day" :p

Pretty bad reason though.....
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

Pretty bad reason though.....

And expensive....
    And time consuming....
    And it doesn't solve the problem since you'd probably just collect replacement sets...
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7neGRLjA3I
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shadzilla wrote: »
    With the new transmutation system coming, I also smell a potential gear cap increase coming for the near future. Being able to re trait gear will make the new grind much easier than the old one. Might not be this year, but most certainly 2018... We have been rocking CP 160 gear for a very long time now, do you want to see the cap increased? Elaborate.

if they ever increase the cp gear cap ill instaquit, uninstall and never look back.
  • Thaumic
    Thaumic
    ✭✭✭
    I'd only be okay with a gear cap increase if they introduced a system to upgrade existing CP160 gear to the higher level through a crafting mechanic. Perhaps by requiring the use of a bunch of crafting materials, and maybe even a new skill added to each crafting skill line to allow upgrades (which could then also allow you to upgrade lower level stuff so you don't have to keep crafting new versions when leveling a character - which would be good for new players and old alike).
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff)
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kavatchian wrote: »
    People survived when they added Vet 15, and 16. Players would get over having to re-craft/upgrade gear again. Personally I think they need to ditch the whole system. The champion point system is a utter mess. You can only up CP levels so far before they do what they did in a previous revision, and make you waste more CP to gain a extra 1%. Long term it needs to be redone.

That's why they should've capped Cp for each update, rather than letting people glitch, exploit, etc to get 2k cp already
  • Highstake
    Highstake
    ✭✭✭
    Other, explain.
    So if cp160->cp170, I would have to re-re-re-re-run all those vTrials, to have the desired max cp cap level gear? Noway, excluding, only, if transmute stations would have an additional option to make it so...
    Last time, when we went from v14 to v16, was a little tough enough...
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not even if they decided to simultaneously include an item that you could use to level up current gear. Because that would of course be unnecessarily convoluted and require a large quantity per item, no doubt, and a limited way to obtain said item.

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Cinder82
    Cinder82
    ✭✭✭
    you can find n official awnser to this in 1 of there streams.. and they will raise the cap. end of story! they will raise when they think it will be the right time to raise it. thats wat they say. so yeah there you go. they can also put in a currency that you can find in dungeons etc to up-grade youre gear to the new level.. so everyone will be happy... i dont want be stuck in this gear forever.. so thank god they will.
    Edited by Cinder82 on January 8, 2018 12:33AM
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why on earth would you want to re-craft and re-grind the same equipment you are already wearing.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinder82 wrote: »
    you can find n official awnser to this in 1 of there streams.. and they will raise the cap. end of story! they will raise when they think it will be the right time to raise it. thats wat they say. so yeah there you go. they can also put in a currency that you can find in dungeons etc to up-grade youre gear to the new level.. so everyone will be happy... i dont want be stuck in this gear forever.. so thank god they will.

You'll still be using the same gear...your rotation and build won't change. You'll just have to re-grind and re-upgrade the same stuff you are wearing now. Gear won't change unless skills/classes change.
    It's one of the main reasons this idea makes very little sense.
    Edited by Kel on January 8, 2018 1:32AM