Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

CP Gear Cap Increase, Do You Want It?

• sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    No, I would like to stay with CP 160.
    I'm against it, but they've already said they'll do it at some point. I'd be alot more sanguine about it if they either auto-upgraded my chars' 160 jewellery to the new cap (200 for example), and my crafted 150 outfits and weapons to one level below the cap (190 for example). And if no power was lost, I'd be happy. I've also noticed that almost no-one here has mentioned gear under cap, like 150s, which cost far less to make for a tiny fraction of "power" reduction.
    Edited by sentientomega on October 22, 2017 3:39PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly Champion Points should never have been associated with Gear in the first place. Limit gear to Level 50 and have CP only grant you passive bonuses. The very fact that Gear level continues after lvl50 up 160 CP is still a bit weird to me, and increasing the cap more will just anger a lot of people cause a whole new farm would have to start.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't like it at all but it surly comes with a positive side effect; I could finally clear my bank which takes me to 5 min to scroll though to find an item which I eventually will find on one of my other characters with full bag space that is completely unrelated to that item lol
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other, explain.
    What difference would raising the cap do? Its not like they would raise gear cap to the cp cap. So not much would change other than causing people to have to grind more gear.

Since now all gear scales to level, they can't use this method to kill certain gear combos.
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadzilla wrote: »
    Players speculate about a great man things. Even if it comes to fruition does not mean they were right.

Clearly in the case of gear CP level increase it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out it is likely coming at some point. Zos has already stated as much just a few months ago, but did not enlighten us as to when.

The main issue is Zos increases the cap for the hell of it. No rhyme or reason, they just feel like it. LOL, with SO release they increased the level cap to v14 and said that it was needed for the new content, LMAO. Zos has vision, remember that.

In the end a thread of this subject is just silly. The poll is even sillier.

1b4.png

LET ME BE SILLY!

It wouldn't be silly, it would be absolutely freaking [snip].

[Edited for inappropriate language]
    Edited by ZOS_Mika on October 22, 2017 9:36PM
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell no i spent millions of gold and ap on my arsenal. Literally over 30 sets of gold gear and probaly 100 gold weapons. Ran vma hundred of times for all the weapons of every style to trait too. At this point of the game I want to limit grinding so damn much.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • T4T2FR34K
    T4T2FR34K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, increase the gear cap!
    Shadzilla wrote: »
    With the new transmutation system coming, I also smell a potential gear cap increase coming for the near future. Being able to re trait gear will make the new grind much easier than the old one. Might not be this year, but most certainly 2018... We have been rocking CP 160 gear for a very long time now, do you want to see the cap increased? Elaborate.

Yes...of course it needs to be raised...monsters scale, weapons/gear don't....?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fail to see how the retrait system would mean a gear cap increase.

Main reason is with the design of ESO a gear cap increase serves zero purpose other than to create a pointless grind. It is a grind even with the retrait system since we would have to grind the crystals since we can only store a max of 200.

Many who played the game during the first year remember the lvl cap increase to v12 within a couple months. Most players had not reached the cap to begin with. A few months later Zos increased it again to v14 merely because they felt like it.

Their flawed reason for the increase to v14 was that the new content with Upper Craglorn required the higher level. Basically Zos stated they felt like making us spend pointless time grinding gear for a 3rd time in the same year.

Power creek does not come from gear in ESO like in other games with tiered gear and really only one gear type per class/role. Zos may someday understand the system they have designed unless they are just increasing the level cap because they find the threads in the forums entertaining.
  • The_Smilemeister
    The_Smilemeister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other, explain.
    Whether we want them to or not, they'll probably do it anyway. Wouldn't be the first time ZOS ****** over players... or the last.
  • Xoelarasizerer
    Xoelarasizerer
    ✭✭✭
    How significant would the next level of all gear in gold quality's numbers be compared to it all as gold cp160?

There's people that have broken over 1000+cp by now so it dosen't matter what number of cp they would set the next tier of all gear attainable at, someone will have access to wearing it as soon as it's released.

For the crafted gear side of things, either people with max crafting will just start to find the new tier of nodes whether they go instead of ruby tier, whether or not they can use the next hypothetical level of gear yet or not...

Or the new node will make the same mistake ruby initially did with I.C's release and try to be exclusive to a zone, and thus drown that zone in a node farming frenzy. Or the new nodes could always break the tradition and be a reward for some new difficult challenge. But that'd just try to put off end-game gear players from crafting sets even moreso.
    Edited by Xoelarasizerer on October 22, 2017 6:23PM
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other, explain.
    It's a shame that so much of the new gear is still eclipsed by the old and easiest-to-get gear. The best way to help with the feeling of progress is to add stronger sets with the new content, but they'll keep pumping out weak armor sets and raise the gear cap level. I place the odds of people grinding Craglorn trials for BIS gear at 2:1 when the gear cap rises again.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the scaling system, I think a gear cap increased would mean that everyone with CP160 gear would be instantly nerfed (like if they were currently wearing cp120 or cp140 gear). This would be terrible to have to regrind all gear just to get back to current level of effectiveness.

If, on the other hand, they made it so even with the new gear cap, anyone wearing 160 gear would see no difference in performance, this wouldn't be as bad. Then CP200 gear, for example would just increase stats over what they currently are with CP160 gear. There would be regrinding, but it would be semi-optional, and you would see a benefit from the new gear, not just be working to get back to where you started.

Opposed to it either way, but the difference between these 2 possible scenarios would determine whether or not I continue playing.
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm playing another game if they do that. Out of all the flaws that I stick with that may be my big one to call it.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No but I sense it's coming now that trait changing is coming next patch
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The gear cap should be raised at some point certainly, it wouldn't make sense to be using the same level gear forever. The timing isn't right yet, however.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other, explain.
    Remove gear level just have gear drop and we can wear it like a true es game
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    ain't going through all that again, was a chore-bore getting to where I am
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remove gear level just have gear drop and we can wear it like a true es game

This.
    Gear cap serves no purpose.
    I would say that the gear levels only serve to confuse new players who don't understand why their gear is getting worse as they level up.
    It's counter intuitive and silly.

Right now on all my alts I grind them to level 50 and then start doing content so that any gear that drops for them is at level cap and might be useful for a different character or build, or even might just be worth selling.
    That way all mats are end game too, I don't have to worry about picking up more beech or cotton.

Just ditch gear levels altogether.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other, explain.
    At this point why not just get rid of all levels, and get the new players in grinding CP straight away?
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well...I'd have 400+ free bank space from deconning...sure. Let's do it!
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    The gear cap should be raised at some point certainly, it wouldn't make sense to be using the same level gear forever. The timing isn't right yet, however.

But... if gear scale is changed to cp170-200 - the game scales so guess what - you are still using"the same level gear" except the label has changed.

Changing gear levels makes no sense in a scaled game - removing gear levels makes a lot more sense.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've spent so much time grinding and golding out gear. If they raise the cap, I'll quit the game. Not going through all that again. All the people that said yes are real masochists.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if zos is looking for players to spend less time in-game and spend even less in their cash shop, by all means, raise the cap.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I would like it to stay the same, mainly because it will make all of our gear obsolete and we will all have to start from the beginning again, farming and crafting.
    I wasn't happy that my CP 160 prosperous gear I used to gain cash is now trash, Imagine how we would all feel when our entire bank and inventories are full of trash.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remove champion level gear, it should max out at 50.

Then instead of raising the CP cap next time they should raise the level cap. More attributes and skill points please.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we remain with the level system we have now, I don't see that adding a higher cap does anything positive. They increase the cap, everyone has to grind out new gear (which is bound to annoy a lot of people). But we don't actually get stronger do we? The way it all works now, the content adjusts to our level doesn't it? So its not like we get an extra 20 levels and become more powerful or anything.
    This, right here, is all that needs to be said ...
    poke.gif
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, due to my little OCR I want 200cp gear cap. With new re-trait system it will be fun.
    And new crafting materials tier to change red weapon visuals.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EvilCroc wrote: »
    Yes, due to my little OCR I want 200cp gear cap. With new re-trait system it will be fun.
    And new crafting materials tier to change red weapon visuals.

I take your OCR and i raise you my OCD, i say the cap needs to be CP666 ...
    w00t.gif
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Just stop it.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This only works for people with only one character and have only 1 or 2 armor sets that they use. Completely screws over the people that spent days and weeks running dungeons , overland content, trials and such getting the best gear for their characters. There is no benefit of raising the gear cap.
    Edited by Skinzz on October 23, 2017 5:13AM
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?