The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

CP Gear Cap Increase, Do You Want It?

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I would like to stay with CP 160.
    No thank you

It became useless and meaningless with OT
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would be the point of making us grind again for max gear and then gold those out? With One Tamriel there's not much of a point. I would actually take a break from the game if they did, I'm sure my other friends (both pve and pvp) would as well.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    77% said they don't want gear CP increase.

Therefore, expect to get CP increase in a patch coming soon >:)
  • Crusism
    Crusism
    ✭✭
    Honestly, increasing the gear cp cap is ridiculous: it's just a total waste of time and it's completely artificial to gameplay.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Unless Zos automatically scales 160 that you own. I am not farming lich again. Plus jewelry crafting nightmares.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After I golded all my gear? Heck no
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did 264 runs on VMA to get all gear including double drops lol must been 400runs with that and what do we get a backstab. Anways not been playing for year, but if i do someday i will just craft my own gear and not bother with grind. Its bs and at the end you are basicly scammed by ZOS stripping you down for your work...
    Edited by Malmai on June 18, 2018 2:10PM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, please, anything but that! :cold_sweat: I would cry, rage quit, unistall the game, and then cry some more :sweat_smile: It would be the stuff of nightmares, especially for people who play multiple roles; imagine grinding for all those tanking and healing sets all over again... MA staves, VO daggers, the BSW inferno... the horror.
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP 180 gear: 5000 of each material needed.
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’d be the end of ESO for me. No way in hell I’d try to farm / craft / grind the amount of gear I have currently.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hell no
    & why hasn't the necromancer been slain yet?

Edited by Gythral on June 18, 2018 3:06PM
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • redshirt_49
    redshirt_49
    ✭✭✭✭
    thisIsJustHereToAnnoyYouByHavingYouWasteYourTimeReadingThis
  • Panomania
    Panomania
    ✭✭✭✭
    Constant vertical gear climbs in other games are the bulk of what contributes to the "grind" feel most claim to dislike. Increasing the gear cap would serve absolutely no purpose.

See, its kind of like increasing minimum wages. On the surface it seems like a great thing, like people would be getting more. But then you think it through, and you realize all that would happen is that businesses who employ people will have to increase their prices to compensate for the increased wages, driving up everyone's cost of living. And then you would, if you understood how businesses work, see that it would create a cascade reflex that further increases prices. Now people at the top income brackets wouldnt much be affected by such, because they have the resources to compensate (much as top end players in ESO). Middle income brackets would be hit the hardest, since its doubtful businesses would increase their wages in a corresponding manner....and the people you'd claim to want to help, the little guy, would see no real benefit, and in many cases would see them penalized, since jobs would be less plentiful as companies struggle to trim the fat (just as you'd see newer players shrug and move to "less grindy" games). Just as players would see no real benefit from increased armor level caps, since you can be certain mob offenses and defenses would be raised accordingly.

In the end minimum wage increases only really benefit governments, who seem to be caring for the people while actually harming them, all the while increasing their tax revenues and inflating the economy...just as this increase in armor level cap would only benefit ZOS while hurting the player base.

.....and thats how you twist this ridiculous necro'd post into another ridiculous economic or political debate. You're welcome.
    Edited by Panomania on June 18, 2018 3:39PM
    The opinions of others should always be heard, especially if they dont agree with your own! But you always reserve the right to laugh at them.
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other, explain.
    Crusism wrote: »
    Honestly, increasing the gear cp cap is ridiculous: it's just a total waste of time and it's completely artificial to gameplay.

Then stop necroing this long dead thread.
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thread necro, but no, hell no...
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS needs to really nail down how they want to go about giving MEANINGFUL progression. A 0.001% increase in a CP star's effectiveness that you've been investing in because it directly relates to your build or a 1% increase in a CP star that's totally unrelated to your setup (but you invest in anyway because you have nothing better to do with those points) is becoming increasingly boring. Increasing the CP of gear and giving us a new resource to farm or w/e would momentarily breathe some life into the game with the rush of 'gotta have it now' people rushing to get it, and the more patient people making truckloads of gold off the gotta have it now crowd, but ultimately would do nothing for the long term life of the game.

I'd love to be able to invest my CP into something that's more than just a static, ever-diminishing increase to something general - like damage, healing, crit damage, w/e. Like investing CP to buy new morphs for skills, etc to further customize my skills to make a really unique build.
  • mesmerizedish
    mesmerizedish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other, explain.
    I don’t really see much point in CP-leveled gear anymore. When CPs were first introduced it was because they were just reusing the existing veteran rank system, but at this point it’s just confusing to explain to new players that there are three different level caps.

Make gear max out at 50. Back-convert higher level gear to 50 and adjust monster stats accordingly.
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other, explain.
    Crusism wrote: »

bad necromancer, leave this thread alone.
    PC - NA @LadyLavina 1800+ CP PvP Tank and PvP Healer
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other, explain.
    Shadzilla wrote: »
    With the new transmutation system coming, I also smell a potential gear cap increase coming for the near future. Being able to re trait gear will make the new grind much easier than the old one. Might not be this year, but most certainly 2018... We have been rocking CP 160 gear for a very long time now, do you want to see the cap increased? Elaborate.

They need to do a complete overhaul of the cp system and increase the base level. This linear progression has everyone set chasing and having to reset the total playstyle and build. People dont ser this is the cheapest most and regurgitated progression system in the history of MMos its horrible
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    family-man-jones.jpg
  • griffkhalifa
    griffkhalifa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tucker3711 wrote: »
    Why not?

Uhhh, I can think of a million reasons why not. The real question is, "why?"

All it does is make people have to craft new sets and spend gold upgrading them.
    PS4 NA
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why not?

Uhhh, I can think of a million reasons why not. The real question is, "why?"

All it does is make people have to craft new sets and spend gold upgrading them.

I'm pretty sure, ZOS waits until everyone has crafted goldjewelry. :trollface:
    Noobplar
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like that, but give us a crafting option to upgrade current 160 gear to whatevers the cap is, so we dont need to farm the same stuff again. Or, add new gear with the new cp cap..

That is the only way I could tolerate it.Alot of the gear I have took too long to acquire.Would be a nightmare or possibly worse than before farming new gear that is nothing more than an upgrade to what you previously had.Not to mention that with this the mobs and such would also be 180.So it really makes a gear cap increase futile.Want to us to grind stuff.Change the meta,but don't make us grind the same sets over again it's redundant.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other, explain.
    F*** no just adds more useless ore and another pointless temper grind for the same crap with slightly larger numbers and zos will nerf the game accordingly making the increase pointless to begin with.
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, increase the gear cap!
    yes, increase the cap to 750.
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Taunky
    Taunky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for increasing it to at least 200.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, I can't remember how I voted in this thread back when it was still new, so I get to find out when this goes live... but...

My current vote would be to strip levels from items completely. Scale our gear to our level based on its material. So, Ruby tier is still the best, but it's just, "here's a rubedo jack," not, "here's a CR160 rubedo jack, and here's a 150."
  • Shadow-Fighter
    Shadow-Fighter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    makes no sense but increase it :p
    Natch Potes is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not?

Because one tamriel made levels meaningless. If you raise the cp requirement to 180, 200, or 2,000,000, it wouldn't matter, because after farming for the same gear you have right now (which isn't a short-lived task), you would have the same amount of power you have right now. Everything is scaled, so all that would do would instantly make gear weaker for anyone under the cap.