The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

CP Gear Cap Increase, Do You Want It?

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I would like to stay with CP 160.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WHY WOULD YOU WANT THIS. THERE IS LITERALLY NO REASON, IT WOULD JUST BE A GIANT PAIN AND JUST CONTRIBUTE TO THE POWER CREEP. WHY DO YOU PEOPLE SAY THESE THINGS.
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, increase the gear cap!
    We need an increased great cap but with the possibility to upgrade the existing one ( some new material or token)
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No because it's pointless with the scaling system. Also, all my gold CP 160 gear will cry real tears.
  • tommalmm
    tommalmm
    ✭✭✭
    You mean I would have to grind every single piece of gear again? That's months of pure grinding. No thank you.
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to CP200 = "This one goes to 11"
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    have to re farm gear while staying the same powerwise and everythig else becomes stronger.
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might as well, they just buggered the hard earned vMA and vDSA weapons anyway. It would save me the inventory space of storing them for when they change their mind in ~1 year as I could safely decon them.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Out of all the "yes" posts in this thread not a single one has come up with a reason for increasing the gear-cap while the game still scales everything since OneT. NO ONE WILL SEE AN INCREASE IN POWER OR EFFECTIVENESS BASED ON HOW THE GAME CURRENTLY FUNCTIONS IN TERMS OF SCALING. All it would do would create an incredible time-sink with no actual reward other than getting back to where you were before being forced to re-grind all of your gear. This would drive myself and countless others away from the game. Level reqs for gear need to be eliminated completely or forever be at 160 with how the game currently scales content.
  • Insanepirate01
    Insanepirate01
    ✭✭✭
    Some people just want to see the world burn.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nor I think it will happen.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Cinder82
    Cinder82
    ✭✭✭
    the cap will be raised.. no question. its in it disign. i have all the sets i need in gold.. content dsnt feel rewarding anymore. when they raise the cap everyone will run dungeons and trials again.. and so on.. and in time this will repeat.. so the content stays relevant.. if not it will slowly die... this is how this game works. new gear is super ez to get.. so who cares.. also the diff between like 160cp gear and 200 cp gear will be tiny.. so you dont have to get new gear... but for the people like me , its way more fun to have something new to play for.

they will never let the gear stick at a silly nr like 160cp.. max cp is 3600 .. makes no sence.. gear shld match cp or they shld remove it completely.. wich will not happen because of reasons above!

sry bad english.
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually I just changed my mind. Going to cp 180 would allow me to clean out my bank and inventory space.
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other, explain.
    Khenarthi wrote: »
    I'd like gear cap to be at a nice round number... 200 maybe? Or just do away with it completely, so that max gear is just "level 50".

ZOS said something before about alleviating the grind or safeguarding hard-grinded gear before raising the cap (I can't remember).

I really like the idea of making gear just level 50--and deleting all the niche gear levels that are only used on someone's first character. And refund all the blacksmithing, etc. skill points that a new level 50 now has to farm in order to craft gear for themselves. I'd much rather get those back points back (without losing the ability to craft gear) than earn new ones en route to a higher level cap.

As for there being enough skill points in the game, I think that really depends on the types of content folks are interested in. Sure there are lots of points if you do everything, but not everyone PvPs, does group content, likes to quest, etc. And if we get too many, they could always let us put points into both morphs and let us switch between them in designated areas so that folks could more easily adjust their builds for different activities.

• CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swear. if the gear CP cap is increased. I am quitting this game and getting a life.
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would be the point of this? A useless grind is all I can see.
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other, explain.
    I would say yes to gear cap being upped but ZOS should give us a way to upgrade our current gear to the new cap without us grinding again (specially if you use lots of bound gear). This upgrade should require the current mats we use for crafting.
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinder82 wrote: »
    the cap will be raised.. no question. its in it disign.

Actually, no, it's not in the design at all. There's no reason in the game design for them to ever add a higher tier of gear. Technically, they have never raised the gear cap previously, so why do people think they "have to" now? Ruby level has always been the highest tier for gear and that has never changed. They only adapted the old gear levels for the newer cp system. So, the only change that has ever been for the highest tier gear has been a switch from V16 to CP160. Literally just tool tip change.

With how combat scaling works the game and how they added dropped sets to the game when they changed from the old vet system to the cp system--and these are 2 things that you can count on never going away--there's simply no reason to ever raise the gear cap, according to game design. The direction the game is going, gear-wise, is toward more meta and more options for builds, not a higher gear cap.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other, explain.
    Id rather they up the quality limit. (to say... Mythic) ; At least that way no gear is lost. And it could actually count as an increased stat and affect in no way the current leveling/balancing

Another interesting idea would be to upgrade/craft quality to some other level (Aetherial) and lower its stats SLIGHTLY in exchange for a SECOND trait.

There are seriously so many ideas one can come up with that does NOT send everyone scrapping for new gear and making their current gear useless. The double trait one with lower stats can be interesting because it wouldnt be better in all builds, so some may choose to keep the higher stat gear while other choose the double trait etc... and you arent 'missing' out as much if you dont go up to that quality.
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other, explain.
    If this ever happens, there better be a way to bump what we have now up to that level.
    PC - NA @LadyLavina 1800+ CP PvP Tank and PvP Healer
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only way I would want a gear increase is if we get a big expansion where most of the gear is noticeable better than anything base game I'm not going to grind for a CP 180 monster helm or shoulder that I already have in CP 160 I'm not against a gear cap increase is the nature of MMOs but grinding for gear I already have at 160 just to make get it again in CP 180 would be a drag.

If they want to up the gear level instead they should just add another upgrade level above yellow Legendary
    Edited by RebornV3x on January 5, 2018 8:33PM
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If anything, lower the gear cap to level 50, and make CP levels purely about the CP skills. Much more new-player friendly, because I felt awful telling a player who just dinged 50 and asked for advice on end game gear that he wasn't done grinding yet and actually had another ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY levels to go...

ESO's biggest strength (imo) is the variety of set bonuses and their effects, and I love that keeping all gear at the same level means ZOS are challenged to create interesting new set bonus effects instead of taking the lazy MMO route of just raising the gear cap and saying "you need this new gear just because it has higher numbers" while also relegating existing gear to being useless. It means the variety of end game armour sets is the best in the genre and will only get better with each new update.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    1000 times no. I'm not gonna invest the 1000+ hours again that I spent to get all the gear I have. Neither do I have the motivation to run the old trials again.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh , already voted on this one :'(
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iiYuki wrote: »
    have to re farm gear while staying the same powerwise and everythig else becomes stronger.

Actually, you'd become weaker. If the gear cap was raised to CP200 from CP160, your CP160 gear would effectively become CP120. Go craft yourself a set of CP120 gear and go try to kill something. Let me know how that works.

Raising the gear cap in a scaled system would SERIOUSLY break the game.
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya im not going to re grind all the dungeon stuff
    If the current gear upgrades. Um not sure i care. Seems like somwthing else would just get adjusted.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raising the cap higher than 160 would make a LOT of players angry. People like me have spent thousands in gold to get good gear, plus weeks farming dungeons we don't want to do to get specific sets. That would be a VERY VERY bad move for ZOS to do that, and there wouldn't be any reason for it.
  • Smmokkee
    Smmokkee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other, explain.
    No way in hell.
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    you really want to regrind all your different sets for all your toons? I personally don't want to. I only have 6 toons which out of 5 i often play, 2 healer, using each 4 sets combinations, 2 stam using at least 4 sets combinations and one magika using 2 depending, no way i wann regrind al of these and re-golden them.
    Edited by Insandros on January 5, 2018 11:12PM
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont see why not, now we have transmutation
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other, explain.
    Not an increase in the cap of gear.

An addition of fetishes/totems that the player can level by way of quest.

1200 CP the player can apply a fetish/totem to their equipment. (Banners, Feathers, Bones, etc.)

2400 CP unlocks a new set of achievement quests for new fetish/totems.

3600 CP unlocks the last set of achievement quests for new fetish/totems.

A player can only have one fetish/totem from each tier.

Some possible Categories for the Fetish/Totems: Crit increase, Direct damage, Direct healing, Daedra damage, Healing received, Stam/Magi/Health recovery, Fear immunity, Disease immunity, Poison immunity, Damage reduction, Shield damage, etc.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos