The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

CP Gear Cap Increase, Do You Want It?

• DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, I would like to stay with CP 160.
    We have enough insane grind in game we don't need more... Plus so many complain about easy content already, this would make them worse.
    Edited by DanteYoda on June 18, 2018 11:33PM
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With the way the current gear scaling is setup they would increase the CP cap on gear, and we would have to grind for new gear for the exact same stats we have now. Why would anyone want to do this?
    love is love
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This thread is idiotic. Please let this idea die off. There is no appetite for extra unrequired grinding.
    Edited by Skoomah on June 18, 2018 11:37PM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other, explain.
    No

But I’d much rather they remove gear levels entirely(hear me out)

And instead use the skill line levels as 1-100 and add passivea the to replace CP
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

But I’d much rather they remove gear levels entirely(hear me out)

And instead use the skill line levels as 1-100 and add passivea the to replace CP

Not sure if we're in the same boat here...

My vote would be to remove levels, and then scale the gear within range. Or, up to a cap.

So, you'd have an iron dagger, which would scale 1-15. You'd have a steel one which'd scale 16-25... or your steel one would scale 1-25. With the only real change being, you wouldn't need to replace your gear constantly. If it's the latter, drop sets could simply be Ruby tier, and scale to everyone, so you could actually farm and work towards your build, without having all the mess of sorting out if the set item you just got is at the magical 160, or garbage.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just keep it as-is. It’s a system people are familiar with and are accustomed to. Due to scaling, there isn’t much point to increasing the cp cap on gear.
  • redshirt_49
    redshirt_49
    ✭✭✭✭
    This thread has necro'd too much. Calling @ZOS_JesC to put it down.
  • Itzmichi
    Itzmichi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmm?
    Here, have a chill pill 💊!
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As MANY MANY others have stated, in a game in which levels your character, gear cap increase doesn't make ANY sense and there would be absolutely no progression. You'd see major riots with many many veteran players leaving the game due to the grind required to increase their gear. You'd also see players like me, who are solo questers, that don't run the content required to collect the mats necessary to change traits, leaving the game. I have hundreds of pieces of CP160 gear in my inventory used on numerous alts... this would be an absolute game-breaker for me!!
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I along with many others will simply leave the game rather than suffer through an unnecessary grind that has no effect on gameplay. If there was ever a way to effectively kill ESO, raising the CP cap on gear would be it.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *** No
  • DestroAvArt
    DestroAvArt
    Soul Shriven
    Nope. but higher cap in new sets better stats maybe good so that we don't need to reacquire old sets.kind of refreshing i guess when acquired.maybe do it on the next content.......
    Edited by DestroAvArt on July 14, 2018 7:58AM
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other, explain.
    Taunky wrote: »
    I'm all for increasing it to at least 200.

@Taunky That's either bait or you know nothing about the grind required for end game.

Either way, terrible idea bud.
    PC - NA @LadyLavina 1800+ CP PvP Tank and PvP Healer
  • Jerkling
    Jerkling
    ✭✭✭✭
    the game scales, increasing items CP level would do exactly nothing
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is an option "No and ban OP for this poll"?
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »
    Only if they give us a way to increase our gear from 160 to whanever, without having to discard the current gear.

This
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other, explain.
    My first instinct is no. Upon further reflection, they should just make the gear cap level 50 and remove a few tiers of mats. They are totally pointless.

If they did increase the cap without giving people a pretty simple way to upgrade their current gear, there would be a mass exodus from this game. If you told me I had to farm VMA/DSA again, I would uninstall.
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, increase the gear cap!
    YES !!! anything to raise the ceiling a little higher - theirs barely room to breath in here.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I'll quit. Doesnt make sense anyhow since one tamriel update.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Raise the CP cap to 700 on gear. Make all the new comers to the game grind 1 full year to equal my powah!!
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    I need an excuse to throw out all the junk i've been hoarding that "might be useful one day" - but never did :smirk:

I would be angry at having to throw out all the junk I've been hoarding. :D

But seriously, I don't really want to craft/buy new gear for all my many characters...
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • griffkhalifa
    griffkhalifa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Taunky wrote: »
    I'm all for increasing it to at least 200.

Why? It's an arbitrary number and would just make people re-craft/grind for the same gear again for no reason. I can't think of a legitimate reason for why anyone would want to increase it.
    PS4 NA
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really don't want to grind for gear for 15 characters again.

It's frustrating enough every DLC the BIS gear changes.

Honestly if the gear cap ever got raised, I'd probably quit the game, and I'm at over 4000 hours last time I checked.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    INB4 Lock
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, increase the gear cap!
    Yeah, but just for the fun of the forums being full of angry people. I wouldn't to any effort to upgrade my gear though.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Tilleroeshi
    Might as well just delete all our characters and start anew. I can level new characters like slicing warm cheese but having to redo all the work required for putting together 15 or more different builds and upgrading them took years. I would for sure be done with this game.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You wash ya mouth out with soap
  • vometia
    vometia
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking as a new player who's just about reaching the end of that road... no. It's an awful lot of effort just to stay in the same place. It's not as if there's even any visual benefit, given that levels 4-10 look exactly the same for any given set of armour.
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other, explain.
    If the gear I have now scales then yes, otherwise no. Way too much gold invested.
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ugh, no. Gear grinds burn me out. CP 160 was bad enough.
    Edited by jainiadral on July 19, 2018 10:05AM