The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Prediction - impregnable armor will be tomorrow's qq

• TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anti_Virus wrote: »
    After they nerf proc sets Stam DK will be almost dead.
    NBs will be more balanced. And the game will be more enjoyable, unless you're a stam dk

NB's will be useless depending on the severity of the nerfs.
    PC NA
    Characters:
    Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
    Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
    Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You guys do know Riposte can be purged right?

Only one class has a purge.

It's expensive and takes an ability cast.

Support Purge is even more expensive and unrealistic.

And Riposte instantly reapplies on the next crit. It has no internal cooldown.

Do you use a dot bro? An aoe? Ok, then you have Minor Maim on you 100% of the time, no exceptions. Have fun.

@NightbladeMechanics that's why I later posted:
    Derra wrote: »
    You guys do know Riposte can be purged right?

Well purging riposte when trying to kill a target wearing it is basically this:
    don-quixote-windmill.jpg

That cracked me up! I was more or less talking bout Betty...

Cuz I like Warden... :)

Edit: I thought about it some more, it's Betty + run away lmao! Actually I'm thinking if burst is 3/4 abilities, you may not trigger it per burst.... Maybe... I should have thought this through a bit more....

Edit edit:

For those as slow as me, what @Derra means is, there is no cool down on Riposte and if you purge you'll very likely just re proc it.... Harumpf

So... I already beat you to the punch brah.

I don't see that post. Not reading the whole thread, just where I'm tagged.

Then how the heck did you see my original post? @NightbladeMechanics ?

Riddle me that! Lol I'm guessing you read it cuz it was short didn't you? Admit it you ignored the longer posts!

Ah just messin ;)

I was scrolling down and noticed the short blurb about it being purged. I spoke up to correct you. I want the set to be properly understood.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    Cries wrote: »
    Anti_Virus wrote: »
    After they nerf proc sets Stam DK will be almost dead.
    NBs will be more balanced. And the game will be more enjoyable, unless you're a stam dk

NB's will be useless depending on the severity of the nerfs.

Nb will be fine with no procs.
  • MikeMeezy77
    This armor is great, I run full heavy impen in BGs. May have went a little overboard with the traits but it works. As far as taking damage from procs go, well you know how that is in No CP. In BGs you literally have to have a good team that communicates and works together to shine IMO
  • out51d3r
    out51d3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I theorized the same thing. Basically, 3 things kill you. Procs, Crits, and Ultimates. With procs gone, crits become more important, and Impregnable completely shuts them down. If they do nerf procs, average ttk will go up quite a bit, probably too high.

I'd rather have too high ttk than proc sets though.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    This is a self-fulfilling prediction..

Simply by stating that it will be tomorrow's QQ will cause hundreds of fotm-ers to immediately go and get themselves a set of impreg - and thus it becomes tomorrows QQ.

It is irrelevant whether it really is OP or not - the only thing that is relevant is whether people believe it to be OP - and so blame it for them losing.

We see cycles of this kind of stuff all the time.

Usually when I see these prediction threads, OP is a merchant... OP?
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    This is a self-fulfilling prediction..

Simply by stating that it will be tomorrow's QQ will cause hundreds of fotm-ers to immediately go and get themselves a set of impreg - and thus it becomes tomorrows QQ.

It is irrelevant whether it really is OP or not - the only thing that is relevant is whether people believe it to be OP - and so blame it for them losing.

We see cycles of this kind of stuff all the time.

Usually when I see these prediction threads, OP is a merchant... OP?

As the OP, I can promise you that i'm not a merchant. And even if i was I'm kinda late for the train, as this set price spiked after several popular ESO streamers/youtubers, made a video builds using this set.
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    I feel pretty divided about being a merchant for this set though --- selling a sturdy piece brings a load of money, but I also know that somewhere, a permablock tank is being born. Feels like leaving a huge carbon footprint :)
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is almost a given that proc sets will be nerfed/adjusted on the next update(which is good). If you just think about it, impregnable armor even today, considered to be one of the strongest sets in non CP pvp, and was kept in check only due to proc sets(which doesn't crit anyway). Taking proc sets out of the picture, will make this set insane as players will once again will have to relay on crits for spike dmg. It's kinda ridiculous that the value of this set is so high and also exclusive. 7 impen pieces will produce 60% of this set value 5 piece bonus, and it's the only way to get crit resist on a non CP environment.
    This set is even worse compared to the old "black rose" set as it can come in every armor type. I'm telling you, without consideration to this topic, impregnable armor will be mandatory for most builds on non CP pvp.

What do you think?

For Open pvp and everyone just Spamming aoes in Groups, taking keeps i Personal prefer Bastion of the Heartland
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Jynxe
    Jynxe
    ✭✭
    You guys should know by now that this game will never even be close to being balanced until they have pve gear and strict PvP gear, it's that plain and simple. You cant balance skills around all these sets,cp, no cp, and animation canceling so something is going to have to give really. I'm really not going to type 500 pages of how to balance your game because that's not my job. From what I've experienced in talking or explaining things to zos is like talking to a brick wall so don't waste your time.
    Edited by Jynxe on July 4, 2017 3:17PM
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jynxe wrote: »
    You guys should know by now that this game will never even be close to being balanced until they have pve gear and strict PvP gear, it's that plain and simple. You cant balance skills around all these sets,cp, no cp, and animation canceling so something is going to have to give really. I'm really not going to type 500 pages of how to balance your game because that's not my job. From what I've experienced in talking or explaining things to zos is like talking to a brick wall so don't waste your time.

because crit resistance is great in PvE
  • Jynxe
    Jynxe
    ✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »
    Jynxe wrote: »

because crit resistance is great in PvE

prosperous is good for pvp
    Edited by Jynxe on July 5, 2017 2:17AM
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess the point went over your head. This is a set that gives nothing but a ton of crit resistance, which is literally only useful in PvP.

So why even bring up the PvP vs PvE debate when this set is exactly what youre asking for - only useful in 1 of the 2 sides of the game?
  • Gulkrim-mur
    Gulkrim-mur
    ✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    Right now NB's can put more in resource management due proc sets... In combination with potions and other bonuses my stam NB has 1400 magicka regen and 2700 stam regen.... I can dark cloak around 10 times in combat in which I stop taking damage... Without proc's NB's cannot put this much into resource management and kill something.... ZOS did not intend for you to be able to run a regen template and have 2k weapon damage and still be able to burst you down in less then 2 secs...... Honestly when they nerf proc sets then NB's will fall back in line .....

Siphoning strikes still good iv seen most nbs reck with out proc sets. Infact most good pvp players refuse to use proc sets.
  • Gulkrim-mur
    Gulkrim-mur
    ✭✭✭
    Right now NB's can put more in resource management due proc sets... In combination with potions and other bonuses my stam NB has 1400 magicka regen and 2700 stam regen.... I can dark cloak around 10 times in combat in which I stop taking damage... Without proc's NB's cannot put this much into resource management and kill something.... ZOS did not intend for you to be able to run a regen template and have 2k weapon damage and still be able to burst you down in less then 2 secs...... Honestly when they nerf proc sets then NB's will fall back in line .....

If nbs don't put that much into resource management they will get melted. They have the worst healing in the game, they are forced to roll a lot otherwise they die.

Zos nerfed siphoning into a useless skill so they only resource management they have is the 15% passive unlike other classes. If they had a decent sustain skill like other classes, e.g. Dark deal, helping hands, battle roar, repentance then they could go into more dmg.

Honestly all i'd change on my proc nb would be automaton over viper and troll king over selene. If they did nerf proc sets into uselessness. I'd have slightly less burst and troll king would make up for automaton not increasing heals. I'd not to be out of cloak more because you wouldn't be able to burst anything and coming across anything such as a magplar or mag dk would require you to spam SA in the hope they somehow forget to heal and die.

Siphoning strikes. My nb has 3.4k wep 3.3k impen 1.7k stam regen 35k max stam 26k hp 27k phys 25k mag res. Every light attack weave with skill returns a third of my skill cost with siphoning strike, also im 5 medium 2 hvy and i do run 5 impreg. No gross proc sets
    Edited by Gulkrim-mur on August 30, 2017 4:35PM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If nbs don't put that much into resource management they will get melted. They have the worst healing in the game, they are forced to roll a lot otherwise they die.

Zos nerfed siphoning into a useless skill so they only resource management they have is the 15% passive unlike other classes. If they had a decent sustain skill like other classes, e.g. Dark deal, helping hands, battle roar, repentance then they could go into more dmg.

Honestly all i'd change on my proc nb would be automaton over viper and troll king over selene. If they did nerf proc sets into uselessness. I'd have slightly less burst and troll king would make up for automaton not increasing heals. I'd not to be out of cloak more because you wouldn't be able to burst anything and coming across anything such as a magplar or mag dk would require you to spam SA in the hope they somehow forget to heal and die.

Siphoning strikes. My nb has 3.4k wep 3.3k impen 1.7k stam regen 35k max stam 26k hp 27k phys 25k mag res. Every light attack weave with skill returns a third of my skill cost with siphoning strike, also im 5 medium 2 hvy and i do run 5 impreg. No gross proc sets

Siphoning gives like 120 of a stat per weave so unless you skills somehow cost 300 a cast your likely confused with a pre nerf siphoning strikes.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nCats wrote: »
    I feel pretty divided about being a merchant for this set though --- selling a sturdy piece brings a load of money, but I also know that somewhere, a permablock tank is being born. Feels like leaving a huge carbon footprint :)

Oh god you're right. Now I feel terrible about selling all of them. Must Decon to prevent more permablock tanks...

Everyone must do their part!
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Necroooooooo
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah. It's pretty much overkill for a single defensive stat that causes you to lose a 5pc bonus. Wizards riposte on the other hand...
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »
    Nah. It's pretty much overkill for a single defensive stat that causes you to lose a 5pc bonus. Wizards riposte on the other hand...

Though in CP which has a higher crit DMG/crit chance level, impreg will give you equal if not more than trans letting you to pick sturdy for a multi source defense. And as far as I know, it's a reliable crit defense set for stamina players without a pocket healer running trans.

Otherwise reposte gives a good mitigation; unless a DK/NB starts giving away minor maim like candy with their AOE CC abilities.

Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Though in CP which has a higher crit DMG/crit chance level, impreg will give you equal if not more than trans letting you to pick sturdy for a multi source defense. And as far as I know, it's a reliable crit defense set for stamina players without a pocket healer running trans.

Otherwise reposte gives a good mitigation; unless a DK/NB starts giving away minor maim like candy with their AOE CC abilities.

I've never felt my defenses lacking with 7-8 impen trait pieces in either format (both noCP and fakePvP), and the extra 500 from impreg doesn't seem sexy enough to make it that OP vs. the option of another 5pc bonus.

And re CP, players have much, much, much higher base resistances in there anyway the difference in incoming crit damage isn't going to be so severe you'd need to stack more impen unless you find yourself fighting PvE potatoes, and they're free AP anyway.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I've never felt my defenses lacking with 7-8 impen trait pieces in either format (both noCP and fakePvP), and the extra 500 from impreg doesn't seem sexy enough to make it that OP vs. the option of another 5pc bonus.

And re CP, players have much, much, much higher base resistances in there anyway the difference in incoming crit damage isn't going to be so severe you'd need to stack more impen unless you find yourself fighting PvE potatoes, and they're free AP anyway.

Yes, but the point of impregnable is that it gives you the freedom of choice to run any other trait. It's not "just" that few extra impen points.

5 heavy/ 2m, 7 well fitted get's you incredible mobile for a HA build.
    5 medium/ 2h, 7 reinforced gives you nearly HA resistance values.
    7 divines let's you boost whatever stat quite a bit. Or just go with 7 impen and you sit at around 60% crit resist.

It allows you to fill holes in your build, if you're looking for something like that. If that is straight better or worse than a different 5p bonus is up to your build.

Also, in cp pvp crit dmg modifier are a bit higher than in that other, unbalanced pvp mode.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on September 1, 2017 10:26PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, but the point of impregnable is that it gives you the freedom of choice to run any other trait. It's not "just" that few extra impen points.

5 heavy/ 2m, 7 well fitted get's you incredible mobile for a HA build.
    5 medium/ 2h, 7 reinforced gives you nearly HA resistance values.
    7 divines let's you boost whatever stat quite a bit. Or just go with 7 impen and you sit at around 60% crit resist.

It allows you to fill holes in your build, if you're looking for something like that. If that is straight better or worse than a different 5p bonus is up to your build.

Also, in cp pvp crit dmg modifier are a bit higher than in that other, unbalanced pvp mode.

Correct, it gives you flexibility. Direct comparison can be hazy with sets like this. Even tri stat suggests they wanted the set used by everyone to help stamina players get high stack of impen that trans set gives mag classes (even sorcs/DKs can run trans if they use entropy or a hot potion.)

When I tested impreg versus trans for my Templar, impreg was giving me easy 4k crit resistance without much CP dumps. That meant I could shore up physical resistances with LA focus without giving up offensive sets/stats through gear.

But trans gives Regen stats, and didn't require me to keep a 5pc on all the time, which won me over.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its an excellent, versatile set that can benefit many classes and playstyles. Its still easy to get around the crit resist - it just means having to be a bit more experimental in your playstyle.

I think its what ZoS is aiming for - it gets people out of their comfort zone and trying something different to kill people instead of "one rotation/build/gear set, kills all"
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A better way to think of impregnable on a tank is 500 crit resist and 32% reduced block cost. I don't think its OP personally, but dp with this info as you will.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    A better way to think of impregnable on a tank is 500 crit resist and 32% reduced block cost. I don't think its OP personally, but dp with this info as you will.

But you forgot the best part.. having cheap block cost lets you permablock.. so you can get away with light or medium armor.

If it wasn't for impreg, I couldn't run light armor on my BG heal-specced magplar. The light armor helps tremendously with regen and dmg.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is it tomorrow already.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »

Kinda. People are already QQing about permablock builds that still do nice damage. They just haven't realized that it's impreg armor that makes it possible ;)

• Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AAbrigo wrote: »
    KingJ wrote: »
    Nahh I think people will complain about sorc next.

That's just a constant, you sometimes forget it's going on, like white noise, but it's always there...

I personally believe, however, so few players know the importance of impen that the majority will bypass the set thinking it's worthless.

It doesn't have nearly the cool factor that most players are attracted to - plus it is a defensive set and I feel the majority of the base is far more offensively oriented
    While your right the majority will ignore the set players I need to worry about for example players in BG when they work the set is really strong.

I geared my mag sorc again yesterday and i fail too see whats so strong about them?

If 2 decent stam players jump on me im in trouble my shields fall so fast that i can't really do much else, then if they combo ults i die.
    Were those players running proc sets?Anything when they nerf Damage proc sets depend on how they do it for example if the nerf Proc sets damage considerable everyone going to build for crit and pen.Two things which shields are not affected by.Which will lead to people complaining about sorcs again.Since they won't be able to burst through their shields.

That is easy.

Nerf proc sets like they will and make shields take crit dmg.

If you did that, because they have 0 resistance, a heal would be 9-50% more efficient than a ward - completely making them useless

Make them crit-able and give them resistances. Not really gonna matter considering so many shield stackers have like 9k resists anyway.

You then make my build OP:

27k resistance
    Over 2k impenetrable (imagine if I used impregnable!)
    45k+ magicka (so 10kish shields)
    Minor and major protection.

Might as well add.... 50% more to my wards

Transmutation, Necro, 1pc Chudan 1pc Pirate Skeleton?
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    SanTii.92 wrote: »

Kinda. People are already QQing about permablock builds that still do nice damage. They just haven't realized that it's impreg armor that makes it possible ;)

not really. The reduce cost of block&bash glyph is what is carrying those builds.