The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Prediction - impregnable armor will be tomorrow's qq

Lughlongarm
Lughlongarm
✭✭✭✭✭
It is almost a given that proc sets will be nerfed/adjusted on the next update(which is good). If you just think about it, impregnable armor even today, considered to be one of the strongest sets in non CP pvp, and was kept in check only due to proc sets(which doesn't crit anyway). Taking proc sets out of the picture, will make this set insane as players will once again will have to relay on crits for spike dmg. It's kinda ridiculous that the value of this set is so high and also exclusive. 7 impen pieces will produce 60% of this set value 5 piece bonus, and it's the only way to get crit resist on a non CP environment.
This set is even worse compared to the old "black rose" set as it can come in every armor type. I'm telling you, without consideration to this topic, impregnable armor will be mandatory for most builds on non CP pvp.

What do you think?
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its already op.. it creates perma blockers and dodge rollers.
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on June 24, 2017 4:11PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a good point kind of.

But most people have low crit in non cp anyway. So i'm guessing people who go for higher base stats overall, maybe even shadow.

I don't think you should be allowed to reduce all crit bonus dmg in non cp. Kind of messes with classes such a nbs who will go straight down to the bottom of stamina builds in non cp bgs when procs get nerfed. It'll negate most of their passives and their play style. 100% crit on cloak, more crit chance passives, more crit dmg etc...

I don't know, 2500 crit resist is a lot for a 5th piece though. Thats what 37% crit dmg reduction? From a 5th piece?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But most people have low crit in non cp anyway. So i'm guessing people who go for higher base stats overall, maybe even shadow.

I don't think you should be allowed to reduce all crit bonus dmg in non cp. Kind of messes with classes such a nbs who will go straight down to the bottom of stamina builds in non cp bgs when procs get nerfed. It'll negate most of their passives and their play style. 100% crit on cloak, more crit chance passives, more crit dmg etc...

I don't know, 2500 crit resist is a lot for a 5th piece though. Thats what 37% crit dmg reduction? From a 5th piece?

Yes and yes.

It's a great set that's counter is pretty much Raw power offensive "brawler" builds (I hope this becomes the new meta as it's always been my style)

But RIGHT now aren't NBs probably one of the most common and one of the most successful PvP classes?
    Edited by Waffennacht on June 24, 2017 4:18PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes and yes.

It's a great set that's counter is pretty much Raw power offensive "brawler" builds (I hope this becomes the new meta as it's always been my style)

But RIGHT now aren't NBs probably one of the most common and one of the most successful PvP classes?

Well nbs have the best synergy with proc sets, thats all.

Its not that nbs are OP its that procs are OP and when they a nerfed depending of how hard they are nerfed nbs will go straight to the bottom of pvp stam classes i think.
    PS4 EU DC

• Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [quote="I don't know, 2500 crit resist is a lot for a 5th piece though. Thats what 37% crit dmg reduction? From a 5th piece?[/quote]

Think about what it takes to build 37% crit damage, it's crazy value for 5th piece. In terms of value it's equal to 50% reduction in both sprinting and roll dodging.

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now NB's can put more in resource management due proc sets... In combination with potions and other bonuses my stam NB has 1400 magicka regen and 2700 stam regen.... I can dark cloak around 10 times in combat in which I stop taking damage... Without proc's NB's cannot put this much into resource management and kill something.... ZOS did not intend for you to be able to run a regen template and have 2k weapon damage and still be able to burst you down in less then 2 secs...... Honestly when they nerf proc sets then NB's will fall back in line .....
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    Right now NB's can put more in resource management due proc sets... In combination with potions and other bonuses my stam NB has 1400 magicka regen and 2700 stam regen.... I can dark cloak around 10 times in combat in which I stop taking damage... Without proc's NB's cannot put this much into resource management and kill something.... ZOS did not intend for you to be able to run a regen template and have 2k weapon damage and still be able to burst you down in less then 2 secs...... Honestly when they nerf proc sets then NB's will fall back in line .....

If nbs don't put that much into resource management they will get melted. They have the worst healing in the game, they are forced to roll a lot otherwise they die.

Zos nerfed siphoning into a useless skill so they only resource management they have is the 15% passive unlike other classes. If they had a decent sustain skill like other classes, e.g. Dark deal, helping hands, battle roar, repentance then they could go into more dmg.

Honestly all i'd change on my proc nb would be automaton over viper and troll king over selene. If they did nerf proc sets into uselessness. I'd have slightly less burst and troll king would make up for automaton not increasing heals. I'd not to be out of cloak more because you wouldn't be able to burst anything and coming across anything such as a magplar or mag dk would require you to spam SA in the hope they somehow forget to heal and die.
    PS4 EU DC

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If nbs don't put that much into resource management they will get melted. They have the worst healing in the game, they are forced to roll a lot otherwise they die.

Zos nerfed siphoning into a useless skill so they only resource management they have is the 15% passive unlike other classes. If they had a decent sustain skill like other classes, e.g. Dark deal, helping hands, battle roar, repentance then they could go into more dmg.

Honestly all i'd change on my proc nb would be automaton over viper and troll king over selene. If they did nerf proc sets into uselessness. I'd have slightly less burst and troll king would make up for automaton not increasing heals. I'd not to be out of cloak more because you wouldn't be able to burst anything and coming across anything such as a magplar or mag dk would require you to spam SA in the hope they somehow forget to heal and die.

For some sick reason I'm sitting here reading this and wringing my hands going, "Good... Good..."
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nahh I think people will complain about sorc next.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »

That's just a constant, you sometimes forget it's going on, like white noise, but it's always there...

I personally believe, however, so few players know the importance of impen that the majority will bypass the set thinking it's worthless.

It doesn't have nearly the cool factor that most players are attracted to - plus it is a defensive set and I feel the majority of the base is far more offensively oriented
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's just a constant, you sometimes forget it's going on, like white noise, but it's always there...

I personally believe, however, so few players know the importance of impen that the majority will bypass the set thinking it's worthless.

It doesn't have nearly the cool factor that most players are attracted to - plus it is a defensive set and I feel the majority of the base is far more offensively oriented

Well most people i run into in bgs have an idea about pvp.

Some are free kills basically, but bgs has an overall higher quality of pvpers i think.
    PS4 EU DC

• KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While your right the majority will ignore the set players I need to worry about for example players in BG when they work the set is really strong.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While your right the majority will ignore the set players I need to worry about for example players in BG when they work the set is really strong.

I geared my mag sorc again yesterday and i fail too see whats so strong about them?

If 2 decent stam players jump on me im in trouble my shields fall so fast that i can't really do much else, then if they combo ults i die.
    PS4 EU DC

• SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I geared my mag sorc again yesterday and i fail too see whats so strong about them?

If 2 decent stam players jump on me im in trouble my shields fall so fast that i can't really do much else, then if they combo ults i die.

It is not about being strong. The game is fairly balanced even if some people dont believe it (tho stamNB with 2-3 proc set are probably top of the food chain). If you somehow remove or nerf all overperforming procsets the builds that were doing fine without them and against them will rise to the top. MagSorcs will definitely be one of those that will rise.

(Not to mention that removal or significant nerf to burst provided by procset will naturally force some people to go for more crit heavy burst, those will struggle against 2 builds -> impreg armor builds and magsorcs)

But no need to think about anything like this, because I have no doubt ZoS will fail at adjusting like they did with tremorscale or pirate skeleton. Or to sounds less snarky they will adjust tem by very small amount, that will have no results
    Edited by SodanTok on June 24, 2017 5:58PM
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Were those players running proc sets?Anything when they nerf Damage proc sets depend on how they do it for example if the nerf Proc sets damage considerable everyone going to build for crit and pen.Two things which shields are not affected by.Which will lead to people complaining about sorcs again.Since they won't be able to burst through their shields.
  • AAbrigo
    AAbrigo
    ✭✭✭

Were those players running proc sets?Anything when they nerf Damage proc sets depend on how they do it for example if the nerf Proc sets damage considerable everyone going to build for crit and pen.Two things which shields are not affected by.Which will lead to people complaining about sorcs again.Since they won't be able to burst through their shields.

That is easy.

Nerf proc sets like they will and make shields take crit dmg.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you make shields crittable, they've got to crit themselves, like heals, which is far more detrimental to you. Forget it.

Procs are just too powerful. Someone calculated the damage benefit from Viper five bonus equals 800 weapon damage, that's insane! Just cut procs in half, at least the heavy hitters like Skoria, Selene and Veli. For PvP. Si, make them effected by Battle Spirit.

To kill a magsorc, you do what you do to a stamblade. You wait for the opening, when they attack, and then stun them and unload your combo. Stamblades are equally unkillable with dodging until they attack. Don't assume building a glass cannon means you should have the right to evaporate other players by merely looking at 'em.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AAbrigo wrote: »

That is easy.

If you did that, because they have 0 resistance, a heal would be 9-50% more efficient than a ward - completely making them useless
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is easy.

They won't make shields take crit damage sorc will cry to much.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That is easy.

If you did that, because they have 0 resistance, a heal would be 9-50% more efficient than a ward - completely making them useless

Make them crit-able and give them resistances. Not really gonna matter considering so many shield stackers have like 9k resists anyway.
    PS4 NA DC
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Right now it seems like a good defensive set but not OP to me. If everyone starts wearing Impregnable, then it'll make sense to build for raw damage instead of crit.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is easy.

Make them crit-able and give them resistances. Not really gonna matter considering so many shield stackers have like 9k resists anyway.

You then make my build OP:

27k resistance
    Over 2k impenetrable (imagine if I used impregnable!)
    45k+ magicka (so 10kish shields)
    Minor and major protection.

Might as well add.... 50% more to my wards
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes and yes.

Its not that nbs are OP its that procs are OP and when they a nerfed depending of how hard they are nerfed nbs will go straight to the bottom of pvp stam classes i think.

Na. Even without procs it's the best 1vX class right now because of cloak working 10% of the time instead of 1% of the time like it has been in recent memory. It won't be meta anymore though, but it won't be the weakest stam class. StamDK is weak right now unless running dizzy swing in heavy, one play style. Stamden is pretty weak, maybe cause people haven't worked out how best to play it but I haven't met a single stamden who has been able to fight for more than 30 seconds. Stamplar/Storc I'm not even sure about, I'm not seeing many in EU but PC EU has historically been the most cancerous platformand all I'm seeing in PvP right now is stamblades, magblades, magplars, magdens spamming bird and the occasional magdk.
    Edited by Magıc on June 24, 2017 7:53PM
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's probably too much value for a 5 piece. And that will become more evident as it becomes more widely available.

I doubt it will generate that much QQ, as it isn't as obvious as other sets, but it probably needs to be toned down just a hair.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭

I was thinking the same thing with automaton when viper gets the nerf hammer, only problem I have with it is it won't boost my incap. Don't see any other options tho if I want to continue using 2 five pieces and a monster set.

To OP: Impreg will make you extra tanky especially against NB's for sure but the only issue is your giving up a 5 pc for it that you could have used for more regen or more damage. Where as with proc sets you could have invested heavily into regen and still have crazy damage. Whether that's a fair trade off tho idk, up for more discussion I guess.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tried it and I am not a fan of this set in Bgs. The majority of my deaths in BGs are caused by non-critting procs, so wearing a set that reduces the critical damage wasn't very effective.

However, yes it is quite strong in CP Cyrodiil.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is easy.

They won't make shields take crit damage sorc will cry to much.

Because shields aren't OP and get melted by 2 decent players?
    PS4 EU DC

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magıc wrote: »

Yes and yes.

Na. Even without procs it's the best 1vX class right now because of cloak working 10% of the time instead of 1% of the time like it has been in recent memory. It won't be meta anymore though, but it won't be the weakest stam class. StamDK is weak right now unless running dizzy swing in heavy, one play style. Stamden is pretty weak, maybe cause people haven't worked out how best to play it but I haven't met a single stamden who has been able to fight for more than 30 seconds. Stamplar/Storc I'm not even sure about, I'm not seeing many in EU but PC EU has historically been the most cancerous platformand all I'm seeing in PvP right now is stamblades, magblades, magplars, magdens spamming bird and the occasional magdk.

Stam dk 2h S&b in heavy is still really good.
    PS4 EU DC

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't see the point in building for pen and crit.

I'd rather have higher base stats for better heals as well as healing is crap this patch.
    PS4 EU DC

• Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fresh video by BakerOfCakes, explains the merits of impregnable armor, especially on non CP environment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6cNRUhU51k