The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v3.0.1

• Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, ladies and gents, they reversed no sustain changes, made a few token efforts to make Warden semi weaker, and generally speaking did nothing to the content.

The balance they wanna push is here to stay, folks. We all knew it was gonna happen. So if you had problems with it, tough! It's here to stay.

Look for a new game or suck it up, children, because they have dug in their heels.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on April 24, 2017 10:48PM
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore_lai wrote: »
    Didgerion wrote: »
    In PVP - magica players need stamina just to break free and roll dodge occasionally. If you need to use stamina skills - then that is a hybrid build and you need to prioritize you magica and stamina pools according to your resource needs.

Also you don't need to brake free all CCs or all roots. Prioritize them. For example let streak CC run out - you really don't need to break that free if your HP is not dangerously low.

I have 0 stamina skills on my PVP build and I could sustain my stamina for breaking free.

If breaking free is a problem in morrowind please send a report to ZOS - maybe they have to adjust braking free costs. But i didn't see any nerfs on stamina end for magica users either than these shards. Which I don't see how it helps you on live currently? Do you get a shard after each cc break or do you dark convert all your stamina for magica and then use a shard and you are 100% full on all resources? - If it's the second scenario then - well my friend that's the exact reason of all these nerfs happening.

;
    So you're saying that you do PvP, yes? And, as a magicka player you have never felt, ever, your stam pool being pressured.
    Interesting...
    Also, EDIT: errr - to make things clear, no I do not use stam skills as a magicka player. The only time I'd probably use them would be shuffle on a Tava's DK or Dark Conversion as a magsorc because I can get high stam regen.
    Honestly, no - for me - the changes they are making don't nerf/hurt my play-style in any shape or form (if anything, I get a buff), but it's not all about me as an individual.

I mostly do 1v1 fights as I don't like the state of zerf groups in Cirodiil now.
    And in 95% of the duels I don't have problems with my stamina. The only time when I have stamina problems is when fighting against players who actively uses roots, But then Again if I see that I'm low on stamina then I choose to buff myself up instead of breaking the root free. Also I don't have cc immunity potions in my arsenal to counter that root spam.

Again you are making a valid point that magica users does not have an option to restore their stamina pool - but this is not a game breaking deficiency - currently there are virtually no magica players who build themselves around shards to recover their stamina pool - so nothing changed here for Morrowind - and I don't think it needs to be changed - there are too many changes already that I don't agree with.
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »
    I mostly do 1v1 fights as I don't like the state of zerf groups in Cirodiil now.
    And in 95% of the duels I don't have problems with my stamina. The only time when I have stamina problems is when fighting against players who actively uses roots, But then Again if I see that I'm low on stamina then I choose to buff myself up instead of breaking the root free. Also I don't have cc immunity potions in my arsenal to counter that root spam.

Again you are making a valid point that magica users does not have an option to restore their stamina pool - but this is not a game breaking deficiency - currently there are virtually no magica players who build themselves around shards to recover their stamina pool - so nothing changed here for Morrowind - and I don't think it needs to be changed - there are too many changes already that I don't agree with.

That makes more sense then (bolded part).
    I will say then though, that your perspective is somewhat biased.
    Most of these changes will hurt small-group play, IMO - where stam *can* be an issue depending on what you are fighting.
    Between the Repentance nerf and what they want to do with Shards/Orbs only giving back the max stat pool - it will hurt.
    And same applies for PvE (like in the example I gave you) - sometimes it is very important to have stam, even as a magicka character in a fight that will pressure your stam.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Look.. To everyone complaining about the shard or change. I still don't think it is quite right that the choice of precisely which resource a player what's to restore is not available. However you all need to understand that no matter the devs end up settling on in regards to these 2 skills, one fact will remain - stamina and magicka restore will be available to every healer in the game.

Those that claim the best solution is to revert shards and five orbs a stam restore morph are failing to see that doing so whould go against what zos is trying accomplish here which is having viable healers across every class. Why would it go against? Doing said change should create a similar scenario that is currently on live anyways... It would result in templar being the only healer that can simultaneously have access to both resource aid (shard + orb) whereas non templar healers are forced to choose only one via whichever or morph making them just as undesired come morrowind as they are now in real end game.

No.. the REAL solution here is to change shards back to only healing stam, orbs back to only magicka and then deleting the useless trapping webs as it currently exists and create a new skill in its place that functions as a stamina restore synergy in a unique way from shards.
    Edited by exeeter702 on April 24, 2017 10:57PM
  • Morbash
    Morbash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Titles

Renamed the title "The Tick-Tock Terrorizer" to "Tick-Tock Tormentor".

Lmao, I know exactly why they changed this.
    "War doesn't build character; it reveals it."
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DemonNinja wrote: »
    Still NO FIX for Streak

GG

Posted about this in a streak-specific thread, but we have a fix for this coming in next week's PTS patch to be fully tested.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

The point of patch notes is to be INCLUSIVE OF ALL RELEVANT PLAYER FACING CHANGES to the game. (Excluding NDA type things, of course.)

Please stop spreading stuff around - it gets confusing and lost in the clutter of the forums. This is the first game I have ever played or worked on professionally where the development team does things piecemeal like this.

Why would she add an addendum to a fix that isn't in this week's notes? That's ridiculous, unnecessary and actually confusing. Patch notes are for, you know, what's actually patched in live/ test. They're not for state of the game announcments of each and every woe currently plaguing ESO.
  • Kehnara
    Kehnara
    @ZOS_GinaBruno What about those of us on console who received an invitation to the MW beta test? Do we need to download something special since we do not have a PC copy of ESO?

Thank you so much!
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Heavy Armor, tank-focused Nightblades"

I know we are unicorns and all but "nightblade tanks" takes a lot less time to type. Unless this wording is deliberate… :tongue:

ZOS: we want every class to beable to fulfill every role!!!! Play how you want!!!!! :blush:

Also ZOS: we can't be bothered to actually balance the classes so one class will always be better for certain roles than others :trollface:
    AD is the best looking faction. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
  • Stamicka
    Stamicka
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Defiler (Medium)
    (2) Weapon Damage
    (3) Weapon Critical(4) Weapon Critical
    (5) When you deal Critical Damage, you have an 8% chance to summon a Hunger that spews poison to all enemies in front of it, dealing 9999 Poison Damage and stunning any enemy hit for 5 seconds. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.

... You realize that in an environment where people will be in medium/ light armor where it's hard to sustain resources that a 5k AOE proc and STUN (which doesn't have to require the use of resources) will probably be too strong right? The game already has enough proc sets aimed towards Stam players.. no need to add more, especially in the new environment that's coming.
  • TazESO
    TazESO
    ✭✭✭
    Morbash wrote: »
    Titles

Renamed the title "The Tick-Tock Terrorizer" to "Tick-Tock Tormentor".

Lmao, I know exactly why they changed this.

Yup.

• Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    820f4143858e14dc6d7b760783dbba.png
    General
    • Fixed an issue where Millenith was referred to as "fffffffMillenith" on certain steps of Crafting Certification. Unrelated, we’ve also removed the cat from the office.

Keeping an eye out for a missing *** tat.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rykoth wrote: »
    So some of you people are whining because they didn't fix everything you've all been whining incessantly about when you wanted it right this instant?

Good lord. You're like children that need to be sent to their room when not getting your way.

Have some patience.

I'll even spell it out for you.

P A T I E N C E

Learn it. Let the devs do what they're going to do. And if you don't get your way exactly, learn to deal with it or go away.

Lol.. you are funny. I am back just reading the forums after being gone the last 24 months and downloading the PTS as I type. While I have yet to see gameplay, or even do anything meaningful in game, the complaints in the forums are identical to what I left about combat changes. If accurate, twenty-four months is is a game lifetime, not something this instant.
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno which parts, if any, are included in and or lifted from the NDA?

The class changes from the base game are not under NDA.

Also, everyone, please remember this is only the start of our second week on the PTS. There are still adjustments to be made in the coming patches.

Obviously it's still not good enough for us, the players. The balance teams removed nb cleanse, broke cloak and now refuse to acknowledge that siphon is essential.

All while giving warden free cleanse with free resource and undodgable skills. We know that minor changes can be done quickly in the past. This is just garbage.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcaceresw wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno so nothing about the Morrowind music? I wanted at least to hear the whole new Morrowind theme.

THAT, I would expect some time about 2 weeks before Morrowind launches, as part of the pre-luanch, "you know you want it" madness.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    FeaR Turbo wrote: »
    SO TANKS CAN ONLY GET BACK 1 KIND OF RESOURCE ?!?!?

WHAT IS GOING ON.

0 SUSTAIN CHANGES?????????????????

NOT EVEN ONE?????????????????

-_-
    Well the NB siphon ability now being able to crtical is somewhat of a change.

• LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    GJ ZOS , i lost 3 years cause now my templar is nothing,
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Templar
    Aedric Spear
    Spear Shards: The synergy from this ability and its morphs now restores Magicka or Stamina based on whichever has the highest maximum, instead of whichever has the largest missing percentage.
    Known Issue: Luminous Shard’s resource return for the casting Templar is still restoring resources based on the largest missing percent. This will be fixed in future PTS patch.

Do you not want magicka specs to be able to tank...anything ever?
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Gomumon
    Gomumon
    ✭✭✭
    So some of you people are whining because they didn't fix everything you've all been whining incessantly about when you wanted it right this instant?

Good lord. You're like children that need to be sent to their room when not getting your way.

Have some patience.

P A T I E N C E

Learn it. Let the devs do what they're going to do. And if you don't get your way exactly, learn to deal with it or go away.

In the meantime, if you value your hard earned money, cancel your Pre-Order and your Plus and get a refund. I did, with no hassle. No sense in paying them while you wait and see if this game is going to be something you want to continue to invest time and money in. That's not being whiny, that's just being a smart consumer.

As a business owner who provides a monthly service, I promise you that any cancellation in services will be taken more seriously than every little complaint. And while people like @Rykoth will remind you that ZOS is entitled to do with their game as they please, people like me will remind you that you're entitled to do with your money as you please.

Food for thought: every 2-4 months of ESO Plus can buy a new game. :)
    Edited by Gomumon on April 25, 2017 2:07AM
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gomumon wrote: »

Have some patience.

P A T I E N C E

In the meantime, if you value your hard earned money, cancel your Pre-Order and your Plus and get a refund. I did, with no hassle. No sense in paying them while you wait and see if this game is going to be something you want to continue to invest time and money in. That's not being whiny, that's just being a smart consumer.

As a business owner who provides a monthly service, I promise you that any cancellation in services will be taken more seriously than every little complaint. And while people like @Rykoth will remind you that ZOS is entitled to do with their game as they please, people like me will remind you that you're entitled to do with your money as you please.

This is good advice. There is no need to rush into this purchase or subscribe if you have any doubts. Just wait and see. The data ZOS is most interested in is financial and they will adjust things if they see something isn't going well with the community especially if it affects sales. I have seen this in other games, they will recognize and adjust.

The opposite is true as well. If you are really liking what they are doing then show them with your financial support.
  • Eisotopius
    Eisotopius
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, ZOS guys, I don't think you understand what any of the feedback was actually complaining about.

Revert Shards and Orb to how they are on live. They're not a problem. Hell, the way they're set up now means it's actually impossible to get magicka from an outside source if you're a stamina tank and need to have both.

Revert all the ability cost changes or all the ability refund changes. Pick one; either nerf would be fine on its own, but together they're disastrous.

The only really necessary sustain nerf has been removing the two cost-reduction stars, which still hurts, but can at least be made up for elsewhere. Everything else you did is still too much all at once, and until you realize that, there will still be a problem. Those changes are not necessary at this time. If you really want to keep going down that road, fine, but at least greatly reduce the magnitude of the changes if you're not willing to entirely revert them.

And for the love of god. STOP BALANCING THE ENTIRE GAME BASED ON TRYING TO KEEP PVP AND PVE TOGETHER. THEY'RE NOT THE SAME, STOP TREATING THEM LIKE IT.
    Edited by Eisotopius on April 25, 2017 2:59AM
  • trbrelinskib14_ESO
    trbrelinskib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Have some patience.

P A T I E N C E

Ah yes, the great consumer advocate... <rolls eyes> I really don't see what all the fuss is about here.

There really is no reason to freak out. This is basically just pathetic. This absolutely sounds like a bunch of spoiled brats screaming about basically nothing... at least in the overall view of things. It's like EXTREME tunnel vision with an added touch of delusion.

I mean really? You are going to freak out because you can't think or see outside of your own box? You can't dominate someone as easily now, is that it? The only thing that matters is YOUR build? The only thing you can see or care about is your ideas? Sorry to break it to you, but no, that's not the only thing that matters.

They are obviously trying to make balance changes. That means CHANGES... HELLO, you do know what change means right? So instead of freak out, try out the changes in the context of everything else, give them feedback (WITHOUT sounding like a blithering screaming idiot) and learn to adapt. Things change, especially in MMO's. Learn to adapt to the new standard.

Everybody that is freaking out, seems completely stuck in their theories of how it did work (in their head for their build - whether that is how it actually is) and not how it actually is playing out with the new changes in the full context of ALL the changes. Stop complaining and play test it. I still can't believe people are reading the changes and refusing to actually test it... I mean really? Why would they listen to your screaming, if you aren't even willing to play test it and give actual...you know...REAL feedback?

Keep in mind, the changes apply to everyone, they aren't picking on you or your type/build. The whole point of balance, is to make it so there are multiple ways to achieve similar goals and builds are relatively balanced with each other. Not one build is the MUST build. That promotes more diversity in builds and allows people to play what they want, more than what they think they have to play in order to be competitive. Again, these changes will change how things work. But the overall goal is to try to make it balanced across the board. With that in mind, test it and give respectful feedback - and feedback is not spelled INSULT or DISRESPECT.
  • Gomumon
    Gomumon
    ✭✭✭
    [Rambles in White Knight]

tenor.gif

The only thing that matters in playing a game is having fun. If people are no longer having fun with it, there's no reason to continue paying for it. There's nothing "spoiled" about people voicing disdain with a product they pay for and subsequently taking their money elsewhere.

Edited by Gomumon on April 25, 2017 3:41AM
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @trbrelinskib14_ESO It is feedback. It definitely is biased against support of the game at current, but there is constructive feedback in his post. Some may not enjoy the changes to their skills, or the base mechanics of the game. As for adapting, they may love their build and not be willing to grind what they would need to change their build into something else that's viable.

If people feel the way the person you replied to does, his advice is good. In the end his opinion is valid feedback, and shouldn't be taken as insulting or disrespectful. These changes may be nothing for some. If it affects someone's enjoyment of the game then these changes are very meaningful to them in a negative way.

I haven't seen any examples of how these changes will be better for build diversity. What build diversity has these changes brought for you? I think for my class I will have less viable skills to use.
    Edited by JimT722 on April 25, 2017 4:00AM
  • Gomumon
    Gomumon
    ✭✭✭
    JimT722 wrote: »
    I haven't seen any examples of how these changes will be better for build diversity. What build diversity has these changes brought for you? I think for my class I will have less viable skills to use.

I think a lot of people are referring to no longer being rejected from a trial tanking with something other than a DK or healing with something other than a Templar--mostly the latter.
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think a lot of people are referring to no longer being rejected from a trial tanking with something other than a DK or healing with something other than a Templar--mostly the latter.

That is a nice goal, and something I do support. I don't like what they did to a large number of skills across all the classes. Many of the nerfed skills I don't think will be usable meaning less class skills being a viable option.
  • Gomumon
    Gomumon
    ✭✭✭

That is a nice goal, and something I do support. I don't like what they did to a large number of skills across all the classes. Many of the nerfed skills I don't think will be usable meaning less class skills being a viable option.

My sentiments exactly. I agree with their intent, but not their execution. I really don't see how, after 3 years, they're going to basically admit they're still having issues balancing 4 classes, claim the fix is to homogenize them more than they are (especially for stam builds), then try to sell you on a 5th class.

At this point I would like to know if they truly want more diversity and variability among classes, or if they want more similarity. If their vision for the future is the latter, then WTF is the point in buying the Warden? lol
    Edited by Gomumon on April 25, 2017 4:23AM
  • Nazarousb14_ESO
    Nazarousb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand, why we would be going back to beta and early launch type game play, where sustain was terrible. If we remember this game almost died and the terrible sustain was one reason. I thought this lesson had been learned already?
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still NO FIX for Streak

GG

Posted about this in a streak-specific thread, but we have a fix for this coming in next week's PTS patch to be fully tested.

Awesome, thanks Gina
  • Capt_Morgan
    Capt_Morgan
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand, why we would be going back to beta and early launch type game play, where sustain was terrible. If we remember this game almost died and the terrible sustain was one reason. I thought this lesson had been learned already?

I've been thinking much the same thing. While I agree with sustain needing to be critical. We need more ways that are viable than heavy attack. Heavy attack builds are some of the most boring things to play.
    MagBlade main since early Access. Long live the warlock.
    PC/NA
    @CAPT_Morgan
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My sentiments exactly. I agree with their intent, but not their execution. I really don't see how, after 3 years, they're going to basically admit they're still having issues balancing 4 classes, claim the fix is to homogenize them more than they are (especially for stam builds), then try to sell you on a 5th class.

At this point I would like to know if they truly want more diversity and variability among classes, or if they want more similarity. If their vision for the future is the latter, then WTF is the point in buying the Warden? lol

From what I've heard about the warden from videos I have watched from the sources allowed to post despite the nda, all of the wardens abilities in their skill trees are interesting and well thought out. No matter if you focus on healing, tanking, or damage; the class has tons of fun and unique abilities in its three class skill trees.

The problem is I don't feel that any of the original classes have ended up in a good place. Many skills just are painful to use, required to be viable, or changed to a state that's no longer useful. I feel that every class needs be rebuilt from the ground up. Even more so to fit the style of combat they strive to achieve. With the state of the rest of the classes, I won't buy an expansion to just play a class that is well thought out and designed with the current combat system direction thoughtfully taken into account.