The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v3.0.1

• Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    0d68063c9a3d76a74bf37ba9f2702f.png
    Personalities
    • Drunk Personality
      • Fixed an issue where you would appear to pop up when standing from a crouching position.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Would it be possible to include a way for characters to have a bit of personality even when sitting (in a chair or otherwise). For instance with the drunk personality, that character would still be drinking while sitting. Or is this already in and I know nothing like Jon Snow?
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    4062d2b345e6084dd255a4a136f9b6.png
    General
    • Captain Jenassa, the navigator to Vivec City and Seyda Neen, has had her location added to the maps in cities throughout Tamriel.

Coldharbour
    • Soul Shriven in Coldharbour:
      • The hooded figure will now appear when quest is granted.
      • You will now be able to defeat the Dremora during the Heavy Attack tutorial.
      • You can no longer take the tutorial version of this quest if you are already on the Vvardenfell tutorial.
      • You will no longer be permanently locked down by the Coldharbour Sentinel.
      • Molag Bal no longer freezes during this quest.

THANK YOU!!! Will this allow us to do the "Morrowind starting quest" on our existing characters too?

(not at home on my computer to test)
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • Gomumon
    Gomumon
    ✭✭✭
    Weps wrote: »
    Problem is, eh eh, they're telling you they're doing it for the lower level'd players.
    But they're not.

They're just nerfing everything to the ground for everyone.
    They're reviewing their poorly poorly POORLY designed CP System to help weaker players, then they change skills to restore resources based on your character level.
    Say what?

Exactly! The rhetoric that they're raising the floor and reducing barriers to entry for low level players is BS. At max level, I'm noticeably worse on the PTS as I am on live using the same gear. Using gear for sustain, I can last as long but my damage is crippled just as bad. That means that anyone lower than me in CP will suffer even more than I do with content that is remaining the same difficulty.

As I've said before, this is all just a ploy to keep us in the hamster wheel without doing very much work. They know Morrowind doesn't offer much more than any other DLC, but are product-tying it to the Warden class to avoid looking like they're offering a straight P2W class. This is likely why there's an NDA--they want as few unbiased reviews of the content circulating outside their forum as possible to minimize the risk of pre-order cancellations once people realize how underwhelming most of the content will be.

• OMA
    OMA
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for finishing the new housing interiors. I like them both! They are interesting and unique from each other. Good Job.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gomumon wrote: »
    At max level, I'm noticeably worse on the PTS as I am on live using the same gear. Using gear for sustain, I can last as long but my damage is crippled just as bad. That means that anyone lower than me in CP will suffer even more than I do with content that is remaining the same difficulty.

Using what content in the game as a reference?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Gomumon
    Gomumon
    ✭✭✭
    At max level, I'm noticeably worse on the PTS as I am on live using the same gear. Using gear for sustain, I can last as long but my damage is crippled just as bad. That means that anyone lower than me in CP will suffer even more than I do with content that is remaining the same difficulty.

I posted somewhere else about it. On a robust training dummy, did 28% more DPS on live with 600 CP, normal magicka potions, and my Weapon Damage enchantment losing charge halfway through, than I did on PTS with 630 CP, and Spell Power potions on a normal training dummy. I tried swapping BSW for Seducer, but the extra sustain didn't compensate for the loss in damage.

I start the fight with a fully charged heavy attack, then start my rotation (weaving light attacks in-between each):
    Eruption
    Sea of Flames
    Rearming Trap
    Bar Swap
    Engulfing Flames
    Burning Embers
    Blockade of Fire
    Molten Whip 3x
    Engulfing Flames
    Burning Embers
    Blockade of Fire
    Molten Whip 1x
    Bar swap.

Repeat.
    With my standard gear, I am usually able to do that 2 times using a potion and ultimate in between for resource management before I have to use a few heavy attacks. On PTS, I made it to the first whip then was gassed. I think the only reason I didn't do less DPS was the amount of CP I reallocated to Staff Expert instead of Elemental Expert.

I am very comfortable with that rotation too. I played on Xbox before I moved to PC, and magicka DK was my main there as well. A new player who isn't totally comfortable with their parse, especially during live action, is going to feel extremely underpowered. Dungeons which used to be accessible to people at 160 like Veteran City of Ash II or Veteran Direfrost Keep are going to be impossible to complete on hard mode for those players. Moreover, experienced players who use the dungeon finder are going to be less likely to stick around for a low level DPS and will probably either vote to kick and shout for a replacement more frequently, or will leave and re queue after 15 minutes (especially if they're a Tank or Healer).

This is exactly why I feel like the rhetoric that these changes are largely to the benefit of newer players. It doesn't add up. After testing, it just seems that they're trying to perpetuate grinding, and that they're just trying to make the Warden look good in contrast--like when Best Buy takes their high end TV and optimizes the settings, then makes the settings on lower end TVs look crappy in comparison.

TL;DR: I do significantly less damage on PTS than on live, despite being more optimized during PTS tests. Newer players will likely suffer the most.
  • MaxTM
    MaxTM
    ✭✭✭
    GZ Zos! You "fix" so many things by making it COMPLETELY impossible for a magicka type to restore Stamina. Youre basically destroying builds not making more builds balanced but REDUCING the full amount of viable Builds. Same as you did to Ressources.
    What is the intention behind this? Kill all different builds so everybody is forced to play HeavyAttack-Builds paired with StamTanks?
    This change to necrotic orb and spears is even worse than the one before. SPLIT THEM! For heavens sake give your players the possibility to do things. Youre just making everything worse by cornering the remaining players into playing the most boring builds of all time.
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I posted somewhere else about it. On a robust training dummy, did 28% more DPS on live with 600 CP, normal magicka potions, and my Weapon Damage enchantment losing charge halfway through, than I did on PTS with 630 CP, and Spell Power potions on a normal training dummy. I tried swapping BSW for Seducer, but the extra sustain didn't compensate for the loss in damage.

I start the fight with a fully charged heavy attack, then start my rotation (weaving light attacks in-between each):
    Eruption
    Sea of Flames
    Rearming Trap
    Bar Swap
    Engulfing Flames
    Burning Embers
    Blockade of Fire
    Molten Whip 3x
    Engulfing Flames
    Burning Embers
    Blockade of Fire
    Molten Whip 1x
    Bar swap.

Repeat.
    With my standard gear, I am usually able to do that 2 times using a potion and ultimate in between for resource management before I have to use a few heavy attacks. On PTS, I made it to the first whip then was gassed. I think the only reason I didn't do less DPS was the amount of CP I reallocated to Staff Expert instead of Elemental Expert.

I am very comfortable with that rotation too. I played on Xbox before I moved to PC, and magicka DK was my main there as well. A new player who isn't totally comfortable with their parse, especially during live action, is going to feel extremely underpowered. Dungeons which used to be accessible to people at 160 like Veteran City of Ash II or Veteran Direfrost Keep are going to be impossible to complete on hard mode for those players. Moreover, experienced players who use the dungeon finder are going to be less likely to stick around for a low level DPS and will probably either vote to kick and shout for a replacement more frequently, or will leave and re queue after 15 minutes (especially if they're a Tank or Healer).

This is exactly why I feel like the rhetoric that these changes are largely to the benefit of newer players. It doesn't add up. After testing, it just seems that they're trying to perpetuate grinding, and that they're just trying to make the Warden look good in contrast--like when Best Buy takes their high end TV and optimizes the settings, then makes the settings on lower end TVs look crappy in comparison.

TL;DR: I do significantly less damage on PTS than on live, despite being more optimized during PTS tests. Newer players will likely suffer the most.
    Very well said. +1

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• Insanepirate01
    Insanepirate01
    ✭✭✭
    Elder nerfs online is dying. They're too busy implementing dumb things like frost staff tanking and keeping your feet on the ground like seriously. It just seems like they have no idea what they're doing and any change they make won't be fixed for at least a couple of years. Who's going to enjoy constantly heavy attacking and running out of resources. They are so out of touch with their player base it's not even funny. This game was really good after one tamriel PvE wise they should've kept it there. Downhill since then
  • Gomumon
    Gomumon
    ✭✭✭
    Elder nerfs online is dying. They're too busy implementing dumb things like frost staff tanking and keeping your feet on the ground like seriously. It just seems like they have no idea what they're doing and any change they make won't be fixed for at least a couple of years. Who's going to enjoy constantly heavy attacking and running out of resources. They are so out of touch with their player base it's not even funny. This game was really good after one tamriel PvE wise they should've kept it there. Downhill since then

Agreed. PVE has been the best it's ever been to get new guild mates up to speed. We got a guildie who is just over 200 who was a Sorc using a Shock Staff and a bow, and in a week had him doing vet DLC pledges with us pulling over 20K DPS with Julianos body, Torug's pact head, shoulder, and staves, and random jewelry. THIS made him feel inspired to keep playing and keep working at his rotation, and to replace his gear. We helped him farm Ilambris, which put him at 22K, the got him willpower Jewelry which put him at 25K. This is with less than HALF of my CP, mind you.

We were able to do this because we, ourselves, were at a comfortable place in PVE. But when every vet starts having to scramble for themselves again, more newbies are going to be left behind.

There are a million other things ZOS can do to make this game more appealing to newer players and help them catch up quicker than breaking CP.
    1. Fix drop tables! Nobody is ENJOYING farming WGT 100 times to be a meta healer just to keep getting prosperous or something. Remove traits useless to the game at end game from end game content, and useless to the set. Same goes for undaunted shoulders.
    2. Have better tooltips explaining what stats effect what. Everything a player needs to know about their stats should be available in game.
    3. Create make the CP campaign max level only that way people can't put themselves in situations where they'll ***.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we have a stamina based heal for Ww plz??? Take the houl morph with a hot and make uz use stamina and scale of wd and max stam, that would be awesome... So far the only way to cope with the current situation is having 18-20k magica and wearing heavy armor for constitution to give us back some magica for heals. If this would change I could many give medium armor a shot. And for the people who haven t played ww in PvP... Just imagine a stam dk who can only use coagulating dragon blood only for heals. It sucks a bit and forces ww users into heavy armor for any kind of reliable heals!!!! @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Thanks
    Edited by IlCanis_LupuslI on April 27, 2017 6:34PM
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9999 Poison Damage and stunning any enemy hit for 5 seconds and can proc every 5 sec? Is this a typo?

@AtAfternoon

Yeah Christ that is nuts. I'm a stamblade and that's nuts. I mean, it has a cooldown 1 sec longer than Viper, and it does poison instead of disease (no minor defile proc chance), but that's insane.

It's a overland set too.

EDIT: Although, with the 8% chance to proc, this is really a DoT set. It won't have nearly the regularity of Viper.
    Edited by waitwhat on April 27, 2017 11:24PM
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno which parts, if any, are included in and or lifted from the NDA?

The class changes from the base game are not under NDA.

Also, everyone, please remember this is only the start of our second week on the PTS. There are still adjustments to be made in the coming patches.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

May we please have a crit restore on the resource return of Siphoning Strikes & morphs? It would allow those abilities to viably restore resources for a class which already struggles with sustain, while still requiring the class to invest more heavily in critical chance to achieve that resource return.
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.

"30s to eval"
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mutey wrote: »
    9999 Poison Damage and stunning any enemy hit for 5 seconds and can proc every 5 sec? Is this a typo?

I just found my new armor set, for all my characters. >:)

Indeed. Why both making a sensible build when you can just proc set to victory?

@Mutey

I mean, with these notes that proc build seems to be included in what the developers are calling sensible.

"30s to eval"
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kay1 wrote: »
    Tremorscale: Reduced the duration of the snare applied by this Item Set to 4 seconds from 8 seconds.
    Developer Comments:
    Spoiler
    Reducing the duration of the snare from this Item Set to match its cooldown means it will be more difficult to maintain 100% uptime on any given target and gives that target more counterplay to avoiding being locked down by it.

Ok that's cool.

Defiler (Medium)

(2) Weapon Damage
    (3) Weapon Critical(4) Weapon Critical
    (5) When you deal Critical Damage, you have an 8% chance to summon a Hunger that spews poison to all enemies in front of it, dealing 9999 Poison Damage and stunning any enemy hit for 5 seconds. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.

HAHAHAHA WTF Gina tell them to stop using illegal substances

That guy just nerfed a set because the uptime was ridiculous and they release a set that can perma stun users without stamina? HAHAHAHA why is no one triggered this set is gonna be META and is gonna ruin PvP even more.

@Kay1

Yeah I would prefer stamblades buffed in a way that is not this set. I won't even need to farm weapons and jewelry to combine it with viper.

"30s to eval"
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I can't help but feel the simpler solution to Orbs and Shards would have been to just have a morph for each.

It would probably have been a lot less work to just not change them in the first place, too.
    Edited by waitwhat on April 27, 2017 11:38PM

"30s to eval"
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    ZOS has misidentified the proc set issue.

The issue with proc sets isn't the damage they do - it's the ability to recover from that damage that makes it broken. So now that every class has gotten a massive nerf to their low-hp recovery capabilities with the exception of Sorcerer - proc sets will just walk right back into being blatantly OP. At least right now players have the capability to counter proc set burst with strong reactive healing by wearing sets that increase the potency of healing (whether it be HA or Damage/Stat increase).

So far for BGs it's either be a sorc, or wear proc sets.

Price increases on Reactive armor coming down the pipes? Stock up now walkers!

"30s to eval"
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9a1c38d3c666dfde4572d8e04fcd6e.png

Nightblade
    • Shadow
      • Shadow Barrier: Increased this passive ability’s base duration of Major Ward and Major Resolve to 3/6 seconds from 2/4 seconds.
        Developer Comments:
        Increasing the duration of this passive’s bonuses will improve the overall survivability of Nightblades. Heavy Armor, tank-focused Nightblades in particular should have a much smoother time maintaining nearly consistent uptime on these buffs with a combinations of abilities such as Refreshing Path or Summon Shades.
    • Siphoning
      • Siphoning Strikes: Fixed an issue where the heal from this ability and its morphs could not critically strike.

[/list]

Really liking the increased armor buff duration, it was quite annoying keeping major ward/resolve up in a 5/1/1 light armor set up, which only had a 5 second duration(only 1 heavy piece). with fear as my only regular shadow skill(can't spam shadow image), i can probably have a much better up time for armor buffs if i CC people on cooldown.

its still 25% time increase for every heavy armor piece right? making a 5/1/1 light armor set up have 6*1.25=7.5 sec of major ward/resolve? @ZOS_GinaBruno

This buff seems to be a red herring, crappy buff to distract us from the non-fix to Siphoning Strikes.

As a magblade tank, you will only activate this ability regularly with path. You can't cloak or fear, because they deaggro. You won't inflict meaningful dps with Concealed Weapon, and you aren't going to be recasting shades that often.

"30s to eval"
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RavenRoxie wrote: »
    Templars...............................

giphy.gif

You forgot to remove the NB from your list.. Unless maybe magblades still work in some fashion? :pensive:

@preedb16_ESO2

Nightblades don't cry.

"30s to eval"
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These sets are garbage. They do not promote a skill environment but instead who runs the most cancer.
    Edited by Kalante on April 27, 2017 11:53PM
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moncho11 wrote: »
    So the only sustain Nightblades now have is the passive that gives 15% resource recovery. As is SA is not worth it. To make it worth it the heal needs to scale with stats and cost needs to be flipped. Can't understand if I need stamina why should I use stamina. Finally as a stamblade this is the only skill I use magicka in PVE.

Now I understand the changes and wanting to bring damage down but looking at nightblades it feels like leveling does not help. Relentless focus is still clunky in PVE, shades are not used, and power extraction does not compare to Steel tornado in dmg. So basically the last skill in each tree is very underwhelming. If all classes had their active regen removed including SA then maybe we could be on equal footing but I still have not seen changes to Dark Deal.

Anyways rant done. I guess it's for the best been playing for 6months and can't get in a normal Trial on Xbox cause I play a stamblade(no proc sets) and I have already spent almost $1000 bucks in crowns.

@Moncho11

That is not a rant. It is a very thoughtful and poignant summary of our situation.

"30s to eval"
  • Mutey
    Mutey
    ✭✭
    waitwhat wrote: »
    Mutey wrote: »

I just found my new armor set, for all my characters. >:)

Indeed. Why both making a sensible build when you can just proc set to victory?

@Mutey

I mean, with these notes that proc build seems to be included in what the developers are calling sensible.

@waitwhat

I personally think sets such as this should not work in cyrodiil. The whole point is you are fighting the other players and they keep talking about providing more 'opportunity to counterplay' which you can't do if something is undodgeable or your opponent can pretty much perma stun you without any effort.

I saw someone burn a camp the other day and that made their bear set proc...
    Edited by Mutey on April 28, 2017 12:15AM
  • Ribouldingue
    Ribouldingue
    Soul Shriven
    Master Writs
    • Added Research Scrolls to the Master Writ merchant. These scrolls will reduce each active research time of a given tradeskill by 24 hours and have a 20 hour cooldown.

Oooooooh!

Great ! Just as if a player doing master writs didn't have all researches done already.
    It is as clever as granting intricated items as reward for normal writs at max level.
  • Ribouldingue
    Ribouldingue
    Soul Shriven
    FlyLionel wrote: »
    Can nightblade cloak make us invisible to our group mates, please? This would really help us not get noticed for our non contribution to the group.

Lol...wow

Our siphoning attacks can crit heal now? And we get major armour for 2 seconds more..sick yo. At the very least they did buff us. Still the worst class though.

And major warding or not we are still killed in one shot as soon as resurrected if we are stupid enough to continue to play a magicka NB. I don't use siphoning attack anymore since the increase of cost in magicka but I am confident they'll soon nerf sap essence too
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dpencil1 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Synergy change:
    - One possible solution: Return 100% value of the max resource and 50% of the lower resource. This would also help people trying to run hybrids, since that's apparently something you are trying to encourage, and this change hurts them too.

OMG! They used my idea! So happy I could contribute! :D
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I understood 100% what they were saying, I think this is a really good compromise. Templar gets to have this special extra utility, but everyone still gets orbs. And magicka tanks can pick up some stamina.
  • Dracan_Fontom
    Dracan_Fontom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nzbb71suyj8e.jpg
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no love for DKs...
  • Bullitt
    Bullitt
    I currently have 12/12 character slots full on PS4 will more be added w/ update or must I Delete a toon to make a Warden character
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bullitt wrote: »
    I currently have 12/12 character slots full on PS4 will more be added w/ update or must I Delete a toon to make a Warden character

2 more slots are available to buy with the release of Vvardenfell.

Yes 2, not 3 for some stupid reason.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~