Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Sorcs and Favoritism

• Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Witar wrote: »
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    Sorc is still way out of line compared to the other 3 (current) classes and will be more so in Morrowind.

But keep going, it's entertaining.
    So... Twoshotting people from stealth on stamblade is ok, but sorcs are way out of line, right Kas?)

and next thing..nb have big burst only from stealth and its just heavy attack with skill and outside stealth this cant be compared to sorc combo which is tankly as dk in small scale and have the best burst in game with his few skills combined

+ everyone QQ about nb 1shoting from gank but then if nb will not 1shot someone he will not kill this someone because of this crpeepy sustain with survivability.....until next patch I have hope..
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who else is ready to be disappointed by the lack of Sorc nerfs on tomorrow's PTS patch?

I know every Monday the same thought goes through my head "Surely they've got to to something.." and every time Zenimax lets me down.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorc is still way out of line compared to the other 3 (current) classes and will be more so in Morrowind.

So... Twoshotting people from stealth on stamblade is ok, but sorcs are way out of line, right Kas?)

That twoshot build dies in one rotation If caught in the open, has 0 sustain and can't tank damage. Atleast it has it's tradeoff. :wink:
    EU | PC
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    STEVIL wrote: »
    DODHitman wrote: »
    @op

You cry about sorcs.....but yet stacked shields last 3.5 secs tops with an og that knows hows to anni-cancel.
    There are still sally ass proc sets
    Streak is still bugged
    Shuffle is still god compared to 98% of the skills in game
    We have to build to get the "OP" shields you *** about

You want too complain/***......lets talk about the pets they shoved down our throats and the crazy dps they are now putting out. We "NEVER" asked for it.......at all, *** we asked to get rid of the dam class line cause it has been junk from day one. Now they "overtune" the garbage and all of a sudden its a "nerf sorcs *** fest".

Seriously, we have been nerfed a lot since day one.....look at the true issue before crying nerf.
    These dam pets are a joke and always have been......now they are screwing with our main damage skill lines.

Animation cancel won't affect how fast you apply shields because of the global cooldown. Even if you cancel the shield you won't be able to apply another one until the global cooldown ends, and at that point no animation cancel will do just as fine. Animation cancelling abilities does nothing for 90% of the abilities in game as it currently stands. Weaving is needed, but this ain't 1.5 anymore. Animation cancelling just adds an unneeded layer of difficulty to the rotation.

Not disagreeing with you on everything else you wrote, didn't even read your post tbh :D it's just so triggering when people call themselves skilled just because they do something that's completely unnecessary in most cases.

had you read the post or maybe just that sentence more carefully, you would see the reference to Ac was for the attacker not the shield caster.

At least that is how i read it - Ac speeding up damage done to the shield user.

And had you read mine correctly you would've known that AC speeds up absolutely nothing. Mate u wot

one form of Ac is weaving and weaving does generate more damage than not weaving. or do folks weave just for the heck of it?
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neighbor wrote: »
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Let's follow the idea to buff classes instead of nerfing them, so:

NBs:

1- Give cloak its purge back
    2- Give impale, CW, assa will and cripple frozen dmg and a chance to proc frozen status
    3- Reverse strife cost nerf
    4- Give grim focus a chance to proc on class skill use while keeping the buff on activation
    5- Make agony a stam morph
    6- Make power extraction return stam for each enemy hit and buff its dmg on a 10%
    7- Allow casting shadow out of combat and make twin shadows a toggle like sorc pets (if you want)
    8- Reverse any change done to Manifestation of terror... we want the trap back (invis to enemies)
    9- Reverse any changes to be done on Siphoning strikes

DKs

1- Bring inferno back to its original form. Make FOO work on flame dmg and get rid of cauterize, instead make it a poison dmg skills (poison cloud)
    2- Reduce magicka cost for each skill in a 10%
    3- Make the combustion passive work on flame or poison dmg and not on statuses. A 5% dmg increase would be nice
    4- Reverse most of the changes done to flappy wings, except reflecting ultis.
    5- Make choking talons a stam morph doing poison dmg. Keep the cost
    6- Increase base heal of GDB a 40%
    7- Get rid of obsidian shard healing and make it heal the caster, make stonegiant a physical dmg skill (costing stam)
    8- change the 40% extra dmg on full heavy attackson Armaments for a 20% extra dmg on light and heavy attacks
    9- Get rid of fragmented shield, change it for a flame cloak
    10- Reverse any change done to ash cloud (give back the missing chance on attacker)

Temps

1- Reverse any changes done this morrowind patch. You are killing a class that doesn't deserve it.

Ok sorcs, do you agree with those suggestions?

This right here. If the devs want to do all this, then fine, leave Sorcs how they are. In fact, I would prefer these changes (for some reason they gave my Inferno away to Stam Sorcs and gave me some ghetto inner-light instead).

But realistically it is just easier to nerf a broken class.

hahhahaha, Ghetto inner-light. I love it.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DODHitman wrote: »
    @op

You cry about sorcs.....but yet stacked shields last 3.5 secs tops with an og that knows hows to anni-cancel.
    There are still sally ass proc sets
    Streak is still bugged
    Shuffle is still god compared to 98% of the skills in game
    We have to build to get the "OP" shields you *** about

You want too complain/***......lets talk about the pets they shoved down our throats and the crazy dps they are now putting out. We "NEVER" asked for it.......at all, *** we asked to get rid of the dam class line cause it has been junk from day one. Now they "overtune" the garbage and all of a sudden its a "nerf sorcs *** fest".

Seriously, we have been nerfed a lot since day one.....look at the true issue before crying nerf.
    These dam pets are a joke and always have been......now they are screwing with our main damage skill lines.

Animation cancel won't affect how fast you apply shields because of the global cooldown. Even if you cancel the shield you won't be able to apply another one until the global cooldown ends, and at that point no animation cancel will do just as fine. Animation cancelling abilities does nothing for 90% of the abilities in game as it currently stands. Weaving is needed, but this ain't 1.5 anymore. Animation cancelling just adds an unneeded layer of difficulty to the rotation.

Not disagreeing with you on everything else you wrote, didn't even read your post tbh :D it's just so triggering when people call themselves skilled just because they do something that's completely unnecessary in most cases.

had you read the post or maybe just that sentence more carefully, you would see the reference to Ac was for the attacker not the shield caster.

At least that is how i read it - Ac speeding up damage done to the shield user.

And had you read mine correctly you would've known that AC speeds up absolutely nothing. Mate u wot

one form of Ac is weaving and weaving does generate more damage than not weaving. or do folks weave just for the heck of it?

Instead of calling me out, read what I wrote :)
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is that sorcs weren't hit hard this PTS round because ZOS is relying on them to carry everyone through new content.

Most every "elite" player already has at least one sorc and most every trials dps is already a mag sorc, so at first it won't appear that much is amiss going by leaderboards and completion rates. Never mind the fact that trials groups will now be--more so than now--8 sorcs plus whatever tanks and healers they run.

This will be the case because it's much easier for ZOS to preserve this status quo and launch Morrowind than for them to adjust nightblades and sorcs favorably and launch the expansion.

The difficulty increase of current content and the nerfs to other classes will just provide extra incentives for non-sorc mains to grind up a warden in the new zone.

But, even though ZOS can't nerf sorcs at the moment, those nerfs are coming hard once ZOS gets over the fiasco of Morrowind bugs in five-six months. We're talking Templar-level nerfs.

So sorcs are just lucky this time, but they better start proposing substantive nerfs to their class, rather than just saying "nuh-uh we don't need nerfs because I died or we got nerfed in the past." ZOS knows you need nerfs and everyone got nerfed in the past. Everyone else is also getting nerfed now--even the Wardens.

Sorcs need to start playing ball in their nerf discussions, and get over their persecution complex, otherwise nobody will have any sympathy for them when the other shoe drops.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That twoshot build dies in one rotation If caught in the open, has 0 sustain and can't tank damage. Atleast it has it's tradeoff. :wink:

Just like every sorc that does not use harness + pirate.
    But sorcs the problem. Sure.

Also if sorcs are so op why are you still jumping into zergs with your magblade?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Also if sorcs are so op why are you still jumping into zergs with your magblade?

Lol touché
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

1. Its the spec that reminds me most of magicka melee nb (lotus, concealed etc).
    2. My mount on my sorc is 4% speed and 0 stam
    3. I get bored by sorc quickly
    4. Ap = gold
    5. Explosions
    6. It's my main

Can prob come up with some more reason after I get some sleep.

And no a sorc with just hardened and healingward (no pirate) is still tankier than my sniper. While still popping high damage frags.

But sure Derra. I'm sure you don't see all the reroll sorcs popping up in cyro nowadays.

Buff sorcs, nerf magblades some more! :smile:
    Edited by Master_Kas on May 8, 2017 8:32AM
    EU | PC
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reality is that if Sorc gets nerfed hard(er) every class will be equal. In misery. Go ahead if you want the game to be *** for everyone. If you don't want that, don't call for nerfs but for buffs instead.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    The reality is that if Sorc gets nerfed hard(er) every class will be equal. In misery. Go ahead if you want the game to be *** for everyone. If you don't want that, don't call for nerfs but for buffs instead.

You really don't get the flavour of this patch, do you? This patch is to nerf everything because tha game is way too easy, there won't be any buffs and now the game is *** for 4 of 5 classes, Warden is tbh not really overperforming.
    You better start giving good advices how to nerf sorcs properly and don't let ZoS do the job because your beloved sorc will be dead just like stamnb is in pve or magdk was for almost 1 and a half years

Edited by BohnT on May 8, 2017 8:59AM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »

You really don't get the flavour of this patch, do you? This patch is to nerf everything because tha game is way too easy, there won't be any buffs and now the game is *** for 4 of 5 classes, Warden is tbh not really overperforming.
    You better start giving good advices how to nerf sorcs properly and don't let ZoS do the job because your beloved sorc will be dead just like stamnb is in pve or magdk was for almost 1 and a half years

Soo, what's the prob? Streak is the only skill that has doubling cost for using it. Shields duration was nerfed. Hurricane DoT was nerfed. Crystal Frag 10% dmg nerf.
    Pet were buffed, curse got one DoT.
    Are shields overperforming bc of pirate skeleton? Is the dmg higher bc of destro buffs? Or are these truly sorc issues?

Just don't apply the pirate skeleton buff to shields and the perspective on OP shields will change a lot. Shield stacking demands a lot of time you can't use to attack. Wiki says 3 shields cost (4590 Harness + 4590 Resto + 3405 Hardened) 12.585 Magicka.

Dark exchange? Let it cost resources if interrupted and make it a resource-regen over time with an burst heal or a hot. Is a Over-Time skill with an resource-costing interruptable channel still over the top?

Lower the familiar pulse dmg a bit. The second curse explosion, don't know if it has to go. It's annoying but it takes 12secs to go off (you can purge it) and most sorcs reapply it anyway after the first.

There you have it. Streak, hurricane, dark exhange, frags, pets, curse and shields toned down. Anything else you want to see nerfed?
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Soo, what's the prob? Streak is the only skill that has doubling cost for using it. Shields duration was nerfed. Hurricane DoT was nerfed. Crystal Frag 10% dmg nerf.
    Are shields overperforming bc of pirate skeleton? Is the dmg higher bc of destro buffs? Or are these truly sorc issues?

Just don't apply the pirate skeleton buff to shields and the perspective on OP shields will change a lot. Shield stacking demands a lot of time you can't use to attack. Wiki says 3 shields cost (4590 Harness + 4590 Resto + 3405 Hardened) 12.585 Magicka.

Dark exchange? Let it cost resources if interrupted and make it a resource-regen over time with an burst heal or a hot. Is a Over-Time skill with an resource-costing interruptable channel still over the top?

Lower the familiar pulse dmg a bit. The second curse explosion, don't know if it has to go. It's annoying but it takes 12secs to go off (you can purge it) and most sorcs reapply it anyway after the first.

There you have it. Streak, hurricane, dark exhange, frags, pets, curse and shields toned down. Anything else you want to see nerfed?

Yes a dark exchange nerf is needed along with it changed to restore resources over time. It was over buffed aswell as hurricane, streak and curse plus pets in pve. You can't list things which got nerfed event though they were simply overperforming and still are.
    Dodge roll has the same cost penalty as streak and it is truely needed. Maybe you never played before the nerfs but it was impossible to kill a sorc back then they could streak from warden to drake with the right gear, same goes for dodge roll you could easily dodge endlessly and no one could stop you.

Pets are just crazy op now, yes they were weak and unusable for ages but they got simply too good.

The echo from curse is often seen as useless but as you said as long as you spam shields you can't attack but your curse will be on the enemy and your frags are surely ready after 4 seconds of shieldstacking so you can go defensive or streak away and just attack when the curse explodes.

You have good points but your post changes from good to crying about the nerfs too fast.
    Don't see this as personal attack just a small advice to make it easier for others to react calmly to your post
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But sure Derra. I'm sure you don't see all the reroll sorcs popping up in cyro nowadays.

Which is a stupid statement to make again.

I´m not saying nothing about sorc is problematic. What i say is: When you take away harness and pirate skeleton nothing about sorc is overperforming (apart from pets in duels) imo.
    Apart from that - no i don´t see a lot of reroll sorcs stick around. 90% of the accountnames i know that suddenly show up on sorc are in for a very harsh reality check when they still get toasted on the "OP" class while not being able to kill anything.
    Furthermore i think the popularity of sorc also relates to the permanent nerf of all mobility skills with streak being the last semi vaible tool. People want to play solo and in small groups and sorc is the only non stealth class that can still do that.

So how about making some real arguments instead of hopping onto the nerfbandwagon?

I won´t go in too deep on your comparison of a stealth gank template to a permanently visibile open world build apart from: You should probably really sleep more.

Edited by Derra on May 8, 2017 10:23AM
    <Noricum>

• TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you know what:)

instead of playing game looking arround forum it is more fun:D....since 2 weeks i do like that...didnt even open game and play but look here everyday:)....

there is better balance here than the game with players comments...:)....
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a bit interesting that sorc seems to be the least common "most played" class:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/340344/which-is-class-do-you-have-the-longest-gameplay-on/p1
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes a dark exchange nerf is needed along with it changed to restore resources over time. It was over buffed aswell as hurricane, streak and curse plus pets in pve. You can't list things which got nerfed event though they were simply overperforming and still are.
    Dodge roll has the same cost penalty as streak and it is truely needed. Maybe you never played before the nerfs but it was impossible to kill a sorc back then they could streak from warden to drake with the right gear, same goes for dodge roll you could easily dodge endlessly and no one could stop you.

Pets are just crazy op now, yes they were weak and unusable for ages but they got simply too good.

The echo from curse is often seen as useless but as you said as long as you spam shields you can't attack but your curse will be on the enemy and your frags are surely ready after 4 seconds of shieldstacking so you can go defensive or streak away and just attack when the curse explodes.

You have good points but your post changes from good to crying about the nerfs too fast.
    Don't see this as personal attack just a small advice to make it easier for others to react calmly to your post

Correct. I wasn't around (or at least not long enough to notice) when streak had no penalty. I'm fine with the increasing costs btw.

I'd like to add that at least dark conversion isn't as op as it's writen here. You have to build up at least some stam regen on your mSorc to use it without beeing suicidal in PvP. And if one builds around a specific skill and makes sacrifices to gain an otherwise secondary stat he should be able to put it to good use.

On the other hand dark deal is, rightly mentioned, really strong. But to shed some light on it, there are indirect nerfs that makes it harder for heavy armor stam sorcs to use it as frequently as on live. Constitution gets nerfed, resulting in 42% less mag regen through ha, making it harder to have this resource up. On the same time it will be needed more than on live due to the cost reduction and (again) constitution changes.
    I can't access the PTS bc the download just stops somewhere but I'm interested about the experience of these changes. Are the constitution changes leading to a reduced usage of d/d or are they barely noticable?
    And again, if a stam char builds around mag regen while he could add something more usefull, he might deserves to have that advantage.
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0.2 seconds LOL
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0.2 seconds LOL

yes, 20% increase. and skeleton and bsw nerfs. Sorcs got hit really hard.
    Edited by SanTii.92 on May 8, 2017 5:44PM
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    0.2 seconds LOL

Careful it could be like the last sorc nerf to curse where next week dark deal only takes 0.8s to cast and it casts again for free instantly 4 seconds later. PTS isn't over yet.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    0.2 seconds LOL

May I ask the firendly neigbor what's his suggestion to the sorc class beside +0.2s cast time and -10% dmg from frags?
    Also Pirate Skeleton will not proc on shields anymore. BSW is toned down. Hitting offense, defense and res management.

Careful it could be like the last sorc nerf to curse where next week dark deal only takes 0.8s to cast and it casts again for free instantly 4 seconds later. PTS isn't over yet.

Or the other frag morph will become instant. ;)
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on May 8, 2017 5:54PM
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good afternoon.

What's everyone mad about today?
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs pvp wise got it hard enough already. They won't be better than any templar variation, stam warden and maybe some more coming next patch.

Now is only needed to tune down scamp's dps.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which is a stupid statement to make again.

I´m not saying nothing about sorc is problematic. What i say is: When you take away harness and pirate skeleton nothing about sorc is overperforming (apart from pets in duels) imo.
    Apart from that - no i don´t see a lot of reroll sorcs stick around. 90% of the accountnames i know that suddenly show up on sorc are in for a very harsh reality check when they still get toasted on the "OP" class while not being able to kill anything.
    Furthermore i think the popularity of sorc also relates to the permanent nerf of all mobility skills with streak being the last semi vaible tool. People want to play solo and in small groups and sorc is the only non stealth class that can still do that.

So how about making some real arguments instead of hopping onto the nerfbandwagon?

I won´t go in too deep on your comparison of a stealth gank template to a permanently visibile open world build apart from: You should probably really sleep more.

Double negative arghh
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    smacx250 wrote: »
    It's a bit interesting that sorc seems to be the least common "most played" class:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/340344/which-is-class-do-you-have-the-longest-gameplay-on/p1

@smacx250
    Respondents are self-selecting and sample size is too small to be representative. There are tens of thousands of players without access to the forums, to say nothing of those who 1) aren't on the English forums and 2) never saw that thread.

Poll results not viable basis for drawing conclusions as to actual play-time by class.

Moreover, even if sorcs are the "least common 'most played' class," then the poll results would lend credence to the idea that the sorc population is benefitting from more and more rerolls due to class imbalance, i.e. people haven't been playing sorcs for a long time and are just picking them up now.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    waitwhat wrote: »
    smacx250 wrote: »

@smacx250
    Respondents are self-selecting and sample size is too small to be representative. There are tens of thousands of players without access to the forums, to say nothing of those who 1) aren't on the English forums and 2) never saw that thread.

Poll results not viable basis for drawing conclusions as to actual play-time by class.

Moreover, even if sorcs are the "least common 'most played' class," then the poll results would lend credence to the idea that the sorc population is benefitting from more and more rerolls due to class imbalance, i.e. people haven't been playing sorcs for a long time and are just picking them up now.
    Which could be why ZOS is taking the measures they are. I completely agree that it is an absolutely tiny and likely skewed sample, but the correlation with the class nerfs relative to a rebalancing of the overall class distribution is what I found interesting. However, I draw no conclusion from it.
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vosital wrote: »
    @IzakiBrotherSs

Do you really think this is some sort of conspiracy against Sorcs that the entire community is in on? You go on any part of the forum, Reddit, TF, etc, and you will see the same thing. EVERYBODY who has played against a competent Sorc knows how game breaking this class is. Even streamers, who try to stay unbiased, will straight up tell you Sorcs are insane right now. Here is one example:

https://youtu.be/u-uvmYxHBN0?t=1h39m45s

I'm not thinking anything. I'm asking to give me evidence. So far you've given none to prove your point.

Dude. This was about my breaking point with your posts. Let me clue you in on something. Your rebuttals, responses, retorts and comebacks to nearly everything is prove it. Show me evidence. You can't prove it. Blah, blah blah. Then you finish by saying you have no problem beating Sorcs as if this very fact alone PROVES your point. This isn't a court and you are not the ESO Judge and Jury. People do not have to provide you with video, complex mathematical equations, and screen shots attached to every post. People have experiences in the game of ESO and come to the forums to find information or express feelings and opinions. It's your right as the reader to accept or dismiss them. I main a Nightblade and play all of the other classes. I know my Sorc has a better overall tool kit than my other classes as a whole. Much better. And I don't need to prove it to you. I hate to say that because I love my Nightblade.

Where do you think all of this "Sorc Hate" is coming from? Do you think it is a conspiracy? Or maybe there is an underlying reason that has been quietly building up and finally exploded after the recent patch notes. People keep comparing passives, skills, 2 shields, 3 shields, nerfs, buffs, lack of buffs, etc. I'll tell you exactly what makes Sorc one of the most overpowered classes in the game. And most of it has nothing to do with the Sorc itself.

It started with the the nerf to shields everyone likes to remind us about. However annulment was buffed to resist physical damage at the same time giving Sorcs 3 universal shields instead of 2. Sorcs do not like to mention this. Most Sorcs could care less about the duration nerf other than to use it in "you see we are not OP!" arguments. Then came the change to armor sets in One Tamriel allowing Lich to be run in a 5/5/2 set up and therefore granting access to a monster set, damage set, and arguably the best sustain set in the game. Next is access to 3 of the best Ultimates in the game in the form of Eye of the Storm, Negate, and Soul Assault. Then comes the 8% damage buff to Fire destro and curse becoming undodeable and unblockable. All of these above mentioned things are packed into a class that can do it all from range, enjoys some of the best maneuverability in the game, and one of the best executes. I won't even get into PvE. It is an accepted fact that Mag Sorc is the best. Hands down. Most of the things I listed have absolutely nothing to do with Sorc class itself, except for one thing. All of the things I listed synergize with the Sorc FAR better than any other class. Top tier damage, top tier defense, top tier mobility, all wrapped up into one class. And throw in best PvE class for the cherry on top.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. If the game were to freeze in its current state. Why would any new player, just starting the game, wanting to enjoy and do well in all of the content, play anything BUT a Mag Sorc. The Sorc may not be first place in every single event but the Sorc is on the podium in EVERY single event. And it is the only class that can say that.

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killset wrote: »
    Where do you think all of this "Sorc Hate" is coming from? Do you think it is a conspiracy? Or maybe there is an underlying reason that has been quietly building up...

There is. That reason is ineptitude for 90% of the playerbase.

- combined with streak making sorc the only class that can still fight open world without sneak.
    If you only fight sorcs because it´s the only thing left you can see you´ll inevitably die the majority of your deaths to that class.

Just look at duels and you´ll see that sorc without pets isn´t overperforming there (atleast from my perspective). This leads to the question: Why is that?
    How can a class that is in line or even disatvantaged in some regards be dominant in open world pvp?
    <Noricum>

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Killset wrote: »

I'll tell you exactly what makes Sorc one of the most overpowered classes in the game. And most of it has nothing to do with the Sorc itself.

It started with the the nerf to shields everyone likes to remind us about. However annulment was buffed to resist physical damage at the same time giving Sorcs 3 universal shields instead of 2. Sorcs do not like to mention this. Most Sorcs could care less about the duration nerf other than to use it in "you see we are not OP!" arguments. Then came the change to armor sets in One Tamriel allowing Lich to be run in a 5/5/2 set up and therefore granting access to a monster set, damage set, and arguably the best sustain set in the game. Next is access to 3 of the best Ultimates in the game in the form of Eye of the Storm, Negate, and Soul Assault. Then comes the 8% damage buff to Fire destro and curse becoming undodeable and unblockable. All of these above mentioned things are packed into a class that can do it all from range, enjoys some of the best maneuverability in the game, and one of the best executes. I won't even get into PvE. It is an accepted fact that Mag Sorc is the best. Hands down. Most of the things I listed have absolutely nothing to do with Sorc class itself, except for one thing. All of the things I listed synergize with the Sorc FAR better than any other class. Top tier damage, top tier defense, top tier mobility, all wrapped up into one class. And throw in best PvE class for the cherry on top.

Pretty much all this is true. And this is exactly why you see sorcs so strongly defending calls for 'nerf this sorc skill, nerf that sorc mechanic'.. Its not sorcs, it's all the non-sorc stuff that they use which needs looking at. Non-sorc stuff that they generally use because its just better than any class alternatives. I mean don't forget to add to your list the only spammable they have access to(which also got a recent buff) - CS..

btw. At the mo, I'm finding Sorcs are having a hard time in BG's. Small area's making it easy to get closed-down - eating aoe's (in said small spaces) from both teams draining shields fast, Much smaller shields due to NoCp - and sustain issues keeping them up (even with Lich). Stamplars seem strong in there. It's also been stam-heavy from my experience too - so harness isn't returning much either.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.