Sorcs and Favoritism

• wimhwimladimf
    wimhwimladimf
    ✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    haha, suck it peasants.

At any rate, most of the criticism on how sorcs are supposedly OP is misconceived and exaggerated.
    People just love to hate on this class and always have. I appreciate that the devs acknowledge this and balance accordingly.

The rest of yall need to seriously just learn to play.

The bias is strong with this one. Have you played on pts with a sorc?
    I did and it is laughable how op that thing is I had no sustain/heal/damage problems in 4 hours of bg fights, while seeing other class just light and heavy attack me after 30 seconds. I had no optimal gear and could kill so many ppl in few seconds I even had some 1vX I won with a class I never played on live.
    Sorc is too strong in anything from pvp to pve this has go stop

Dont wanna call you a troll, but without video anyone can make the same claim with <insert random class here>.

You know that we are not allowed to share videos about bgs. Ask any competent sorc about the changes and they will tell you the same thing

You can also make videos on Cyrodil. Also iirc, BG have disabled CP which offer quite a lot options for survivality. Perhaps things you're talking about occur only on maps with disabled CP?
    Options
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All these things should be addressed not to make the Mag sorc crappy but to balance them. I don't want another dead class like magblade magdk or stamplar ( last two in respect to the last year)

The ***? stamplar still the best class on pts.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
    Options
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »
    All these things should be addressed not to make the Mag sorc crappy but to balance them. I don't want another dead class like magblade magdk or stamplar ( last two in respect to the last year)

The ***? stamplar still the best class on pts.

Can you read what i mentioned in the last year that doesn't says how good they are now but they were outclassed during the whole last year. There were like 4 stamplars on PC EU and 3 of them were free kills and the other one is a god tier pvper that wrecks you regardless of class
    Options
  • Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10% reduction on frags and heavy attack fix seems legit. I'm somewhat happy.
    It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
    Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
    It lies behind stars and under hills,
    And empty holes it fills,
    It comes first and follows after,
    Ends life, kills laughter.
    Options
  • Vosital
    Vosital
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does Zenimax even realize how stupid Dark Exchange and shields are right now? A *** frags nerf? Are you kidding me?
    Options
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no point to even having a PTS. Devs are going to do what they want regardless of our input.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vosital wrote: »
    Does Zenimax even realize how stupid Dark Exchange and shields are right now? A *** frags nerf? Are you kidding me?

Pretty sure I've never killed anyone on my magsorc without a frag being part of that burst...
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and shields
    What's wrong with them? Anyone can have those.
    You're being counterproductive and just wanna nerf sorcs to completely unplayable state to get your petty revenge for all the salt sorcs made you cry.
    It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
    Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
    It lies behind stars and under hills,
    And empty holes it fills,
    It comes first and follows after,
    Ends life, kills laughter.
    Options
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove the shields. Nerf the all the damage input -50% and make everything cost 80% more. That would make salty people happy.

Sarcastic? Yes. The sorcs aren't the problem the problem is heavy meta builds you have forced people to play with.

Actually Sorc has been somewhat playable at recent times and it went tons of nerfs already. Shields down to 6s... etc etc.

Also yet to see single sorc that was not killable nor anything even remotely like that.

Have seen 100's of various ridicilious tanks and such that can sustain so much damage that sorc shields are laughable at best.

Also yet to see Sorc that was not beatable in 1v1 and the damage output is not that HIGH on PvP.

If you are having troubles with sorcs at current state of the game maybe it is not Sorcs but you and your skill to play? There is your answer.

Also as said the problem is not sorcs it the damn META game with it's heavy armour focus that has broken the game.
    Options
  • ljb2k5_ESO
    ljb2k5_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So 3/4ths of the classes got their balls chopped off, so the answer is clearly to finish the job on the fourth class? I am pretty sure the right answer here is to call for buffs to DK, NB, and Temp, not hobble the Sorc so everyone must do PVP in a wheelchair too. You don't fix the problem of almost everyone sucking by finishing the job, you undo it!
    Options
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miswar wrote: »
    Remove the shields. Nerf the all the damage input -50% and make everything cost 80% more. That would make salty people happy.

Sarcastic? Yes. The sorcs aren't the problem the problem is heavy meta builds you have forced people to play with.

Actually Sorc has been somewhat playable at recent times and it went tons of nerfs already. Shields down to 6s... etc etc.

Also yet to see single sorc that was not killable nor anything even remotely like that.

Have seen 100's of various ridicilious tanks and such that can sustain so much damage that sorc shields are laughable at best.

Also yet to see Sorc that was not beatable in 1v1 and the damage output is not that HIGH on PvP.

If you are having troubles with sorcs at current state of the game maybe it is not Sorcs but you and your skill to play? There is your answer.

Also as said the problem is not sorcs it the damn META game with it's heavy armour focus that has broken the game.
    Have you every played a Magdk?A equally skilled Magic DK will not beat a Magsorc in a 1v1.They best they can hope for is a stalemate. They don't have the burst to get through a sorc shields and they give sorcs magic back to shield stack more whenever they attack them.

Every stam build plus magdk,magplar and maybe magic NB will have to run heavy next patch you take way to much damage as anything but a sorc in medium or light armor. Watch if nothing change about sorc before the PTS ends people asking for sorc nerfs will skyrocket.
    Options
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna use some of the salt from this thread to put it on my popcorn. What a read this has been. ZOS killed off my DK so I made a sorc. I've never been happier in PvP lol they pretty much melt everything. 5 lich/5 BSW/2 pirate skeleton. Infinite sustain, 39k magicka, 3600 spell damage 45% critical chance lol. It's not even fair
    Options
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    I'm gonna use some of the salt from this thread to put it on my popcorn. What a read this has been. ZOS killed off my DK so I made a sorc. I've never been happier in PvP lol they pretty much melt everything. 5 lich/5 BSW/2 pirate skeleton. Infinite sustain, 39k magicka, 3600 spell damage 45% critical chance lol. It's not even fair

I am right there with you man. I've been saying this for years now, Reroll to Sorc and this game becomes easy mode. I can watch TV and get the highest PvE DPS barely paying any attention at all. In PvP, no other setup really has a chance as long as my shields are up. The power of Developer Privilege is strong.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BSW? In PvP? And for a second I thought your post was serious...
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • HugeMuffin
    HugeMuffin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neighbor wrote: »
    Hutch679 wrote: »

I am right there with you man. I've been saying this for years now, Reroll to Sorc and this game becomes easy mode. I can watch TV and get the highest PvE DPS barely paying any attention at all. In PvP, no other setup really has a chance as long as my shields are up. The power of Developer Privilege is strong.

Zenimax's motto: Sorcs - If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
    Options
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »

Have you every played a Magdk?A equally skilled Magic DK will not beat a Magsorc in a 1v1.They best they can hope for is a stalemate. They don't have the burst to get through a sorc shields and they give sorcs magic back to shield stack more whenever they attack them.

Every stam build plus magdk,magplar and maybe magic NB will have to run heavy next patch you take way to much damage as anything but a sorc in medium or light armor. Watch if nothing change about sorc before the PTS ends people asking for sorc nerfs will skyrocket.

games not supposed to be balanced around 1v1....
    Options
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

Bsw is awesome for pvp. You'll proc it so often and i mean 600 spelldmg is nothing to sneaze at.
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proc BSW with what? Staff attacks and force pulse? I can't imagine the uptime being worthwhile.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proc BSW with what? Staff attacks and force pulse? I can't imagine the uptime being worthwhile.

That's what I thought until I actually tried it... imagine it as an alchemist with much more uptime.
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Subversus , stop with the gear set talk. You're going to distract them from the whining.

This actually baffles me a bit. Seems to me that would be the best way to balance (factoring skills used, etc, of course.)

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Does BSW stacks with a charged staff and a flame glyph?
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Any fire damage can proc BSW, including burning status effect from a flame glyph. There is no 'stacking' though, as that damage is flat value based on glyph, not spell damage.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Any fire damage can proc BSW, including burning status effect from a flame glyph. There is no 'stacking' though, as that damage is flat value based on glyph, not spell damage.

Yup, but a charged staff increases the chances of applying the burning status. And the glyph has moar to do with Torug's affect, that reduces the glyph cooldown...

I don't know if anyone has tested that set up...

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
    Options
  • Prospero_ESO
    Prospero_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Well Sorcs are definitely "balanced" around 1vX right now Kappa

Enjoy getting wrobeled
    Options
  • Smmokkee
    Smmokkee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone else feels the sustain nerf.. meanwhile sorcs still in the fight with DD. It's sheer comedy that ZoS had the balls to change siphoning strikes and leave DD as is..

Options
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killset wrote: »
    Wait what? Where are you getting the fact that Magicka Sorcs were "god tier" in One Tamriel? This was most definitely not the case. Magicka Templars and DKs were better back then. Now? Magicka Sorcs are still worse than DKs. Pets Sorcs are the strongest class at the moment in AOE and Cleave damage, DKs still outparse them in single target (and single target is more important). Just because you see the highest parses on YT from Pet Sorcs, doesn't mean they are the best. There are plenty of numbers you don't see.

In PvP, as far as shields go, go make a Sorc (cause you obviously don't play one), and shield stack while there are 4 people beating on you. You'll see that you'll vaporise in a matter of seconds if you don't start to kite and play skillfully (and your magicka will vanish too). Shields are strong in 1v1. The more people there are, the worse they get. The cost of shields is already pretty high (roughly 3k per shield on average) and you have to stack 2 or 3 of them every 6 seconds. In Morrowind? Shields will cost 16% more magicka. Try spamming that while maintaining the same damage output as you have now. You won't. The Sorc survivability doesn't come so much from shield stacking, but from Streak for kiting and repositionning, while Healing Ward heals you back to full health, and at that point you're ready to re-engage. Daedric Mines also play a huge part in Sorcs' ability to move, kite and survive. Then there's obviously Pirate Skeleton which was a mistake since the start. Fact is: Sorcs don't have a viable defensive mechanic aside from running away and shield stacking (cause they are the only class with a class shield). Do I like that mechanic? No I ***ing hate it. Is it OP? In certain situations it is, in others its not, including outnumbered situations.

So you provide absolutely no valid arguments about the fact that Magicka Sorcs or Shields are OP.

Wait. What? The more people beating on a Sorc the worse they get?! Does ZOS know this? All joking aside, this holds true for every class, why should Sorcs be any different? And I get that you are saying they aren't any different. It's just that Sorcs can mitigate better than many classes while still being able to lay down crazy damage. This is where the problem is at it's core. This is why there were a million posts complaining about Sorcs before the patch notes were even released. Now that they are released, it is like a slap in the face to anyone who doesn't main Sorc.

Stamplar. Continue to beat down on them for a minute. Burst heal to full they cast a power of the light. Dawn break and then jabs. Ded sorc. They have crazy survivability and no draw backs. They hardly have any regeneration because they kill so fast they must repent the bodies in one combo
    Stamplar don't have have access to a burst heal only HOT.Also after the stamplar use POTL on you Block the DB and streak through him healing ward hardened you shouldn't be a cap and will be fine.

Rally
    Options
  • Vosital
    Vosital
    ✭✭✭✭
    Smmokkee wrote: »
    Everyone else feels the sustain nerf.. meanwhile sorcs still in the fight with DD. It's sheer comedy that ZoS had the balls to change siphoning strikes and leave DD as is..

DD and Harness were unchanged too.
    Options
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Burning Spell weave Lich with Pirate skeleton BIS for a sorc you hit harder than if you're running spinners.The only Issue you will have is getting a Sharpened BSW Flame staff.Force pulse and weaving you can have a really good uptime on it.Even against a magplar just proc the burning effect once and you got it 600 spell damage with a 40% maybe higher uptime.
    Edited by KingJ on May 5, 2017 4:30PM
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Burning Spell weave Lich with Pirate skeleton BIS for a sorc you hit harder than if you're running spinners.The only Issue you will have is getting a Sharpened BSW Flame staff.

why not a sharpen lich staff?

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
    Options
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Smmokkee wrote: »

DD and Harness were unchanged too.

Harness can be slotted by virtually everyone.
    Even heavy armor guys with a 5+1+1 setup.

Doesn't have anything to do with the sorcs.
    PS4 EU - CP 1000+ - EP Loyal

My EU Preciouses
    Aemon Dk | Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Guari Gaburiefu | PvP Stamplar - Soon PvE tank
    Nadija Zenobia | 45k+ PvE Dk - PvP Leaper
    Naga del Serpente | High Elf Magicka Sorc PVE DPS - Soon tb 2nd crafter
    Azor Ahai V | Dunmer Magicka DK for PVP and Pve
    Jabba D'Cat | Khajiit Stamplar
    Gennarino Auditore | 7k Weapon damage Bosmer Stamblade / Ganking experimental build
    Rina Inbasu | Dunmer Magblade, my bomblade
    Zelgadis Greywords | High Elf Magplar
    Nachael Jordan | Redguard Stamsorc DPS
    Orghuz Diul | StamWar DPS
    This-Will-Buff-If | Argonian Warden Trial Off tank
    Amelia Tesla Sallilune | Breton Magden PvP DD / PvE healer
    Sap-My-Shield | PvP Nooblade, now dead PvE Tank
    Options