The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sorcs and Favoritism

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The salt here is both hilarious and real.

Just wait until people get a load of Wardens. Lol!
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a lot of you guys are focusing on the wrong things: Lich isn't the problem, Amberplasm isn't the problem. The issue is the resource return from Harness Magicka, and how the sorc is the only class that can combo Harness with another large shield. Make Harness and Hardened not stack and 95% of the problems with magic sorc disappear overnight.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously calling for nerf? What is wrong with people?
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Everything a Warden can do, a Sorc can do better. Sorcs get way better passives and active damage skills, better mobility, and better shields. Wardens are basically a mix between Sorcs and Templars, and as such they sacrifice a lot of damage to bring utility instead. Don't think for a second that they compare to the broken abomination of a class that is the Sorcerer.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Its really simple

Protection doesn't need to work against Shields.

Increase Shield Cost

Those two changes would fix a lot of issues.

OK, then I want mobility back since light armor offers no protection. like taking it easy on the streak stacking cost increase, or adding snare immunity to streaking....or boundless storm removing snares.

And dont tell me sorcs are the most mobile when everone can spam a gap closer just as fast as we streak, and stam sorc just lol.
    Edited by Malamar1229 on April 18, 2017 8:35PM
  • ButtersEP
    ButtersEP
    ✭✭✭
    Don't be surprised to see Mag nb's to make a big come back in end game raids. The self sustain from siphoning attacks is going to go a long way in longer fights.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Yeah @Minalan

Sorcs have real weakness, I know we talk about it in TS quite bit...the absolute hatred towards Sorcs borders on irrational.

Furthermore, Streak is a 10m port, most gap closers are 18m if im not mistaken? So you need 2 Streaks to cover the distance of one gap closer, and at an increased cost.

I surmise Sorcs won't be as powerful as many here think they are once the update comes out....how things look on paper and in small PTS testing is very very different to how things work out in live practice.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ButtersEP wrote: »
    Don't be surprised to see Mag nb's to make a big come back in end game raids. The self sustain from siphoning attacks is going to go a long way in longer fights.

@ButtersEP Siphoning Attacks was nerfed ... did no one see that in the patch notes?
  • Cyrisus
    Cyrisus
    Soul Shriven
    I think a lot of you guys are focusing on the wrong things: Lich isn't the problem, Amberplasm isn't the problem. The issue is the resource return from Harness Magicka, and how the sorc is the only class that can combo Harness with another large shield. Make Harness and Hardened not stack and 95% of the problems with magic sorc disappear overnight.

The way I see it this is the correct approach. Very underrated solution (remove stacking of ward + harness/dampen) that would fix almost all the problems in one go.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ButtersEP wrote: »
    They nerfed siphoning attacks I haven't tested the magic version yet need to make my magica NB on pts but my stamblade using leeching only gives 1500 health back and 350 stam back from heavy and light attacks.So I expect similar numbers from siphoning attacks.
  • NoRefunds
    NoRefunds
    ✭✭✭
    mag sorcs are going to be HARD COUNTERED by templar eclipse and the new warden skill that absorbs projectiles that every warden is going to use since it also buffs ultimate generation, and 90% of people is going to play warden, so sorc is not going to be that great to be honest
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait what? Where are you getting the fact that Magicka Sorcs were "god tier" in One Tamriel? This was most definitely not the case. Magicka Templars and DKs were better back then. Now? Magicka Sorcs are still worse than DKs. Pets Sorcs are the strongest class at the moment in AOE and Cleave damage, DKs still outparse them in single target (and single target is more important). Just because you see the highest parses on YT from Pet Sorcs, doesn't mean they are the best. There are plenty of numbers you don't see.

In PvP, as far as shields go, go make a Sorc (cause you obviously don't play one), and shield stack while there are 4 people beating on you. You'll see that you'll vaporise in a matter of seconds if you don't start to kite and play skillfully (and your magicka will vanish too). Shields are strong in 1v1. The more people there are, the worse they get. The cost of shields is already pretty high (roughly 3k per shield on average) and you have to stack 2 or 3 of them every 6 seconds. In Morrowind? Shields will cost 16% more magicka. Try spamming that while maintaining the same damage output as you have now. You won't. The Sorc survivability doesn't come so much from shield stacking, but from Streak for kiting and repositionning, while Healing Ward heals you back to full health, and at that point you're ready to re-engage. Daedric Mines also play a huge part in Sorcs' ability to move, kite and survive. Then there's obviously Pirate Skeleton which was a mistake since the start. Fact is: Sorcs don't have a viable defensive mechanic aside from running away and shield stacking (cause they are the only class with a class shield). Do I like that mechanic? No I ***ing hate it. Is it OP? In certain situations it is, in others its not, including outnumbered situations.

So you provide absolutely no valid arguments about the fact that Magicka Sorcs or Shields are OP.

Wait. What? The more people beating on a Sorc the worse they get?! Does ZOS know this? All joking aside, this holds true for every class, why should Sorcs be any different? And I get that you are saying they aren't any different. It's just that Sorcs can mitigate better than many classes while still being able to lay down crazy damage. This is where the problem is at it's core. This is why there were a million posts complaining about Sorcs before the patch notes were even released. Now that they are released, it is like a slap in the face to anyone who doesn't main Sorc.

• Dixa
    Dixa
    ✭✭✭
    Vosital wrote: »
    Every single patch, we expect some kind of nerfs or adjustments to the overtuned class that is the Sorcerer in this game. Yet every single time, they get the best of the patch notes. The gap between Mag Sorcs and everybody else just gets more and more ridiculous every time.

Take last patch for example. Mag Sorcs were god tier in PvP and PvE. What happened? A raw 8% damage increase and a better Haunting Curse.

This patch? Almost every aspect of the game is getting toned down and nerfed, except Sorcs and shields.

There is a major problem in this game when a full light armor Sorc in Lich can spam shield indefinitely and be harder to kill than any kind of heavy armor tank. There is no reason to play anything else in PvP. You do the most damage, are the most mobile, and are the hardest to kill. In PvE you outparse everyone by a huge margin.

We get it Zenimax, this class is your favorite and they need to be vastly superior to every other class in the game in every aspect of the game. But this is just getting ridiculous. It is so unprofessional for this kind of ridiculous favoritism to exist by a major company.

sorcs were in a bad state from the launch of the game and for a VERY long time after with dk's and templars being the best at what they do this ENTIRE TIME.

• Dixa
    Dixa
    ✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    Wait what? Where are you getting the fact that Magicka Sorcs were "god tier" in One Tamriel? This was most definitely not the case. Magicka Templars and DKs were better back then. Now? Magicka Sorcs are still worse than DKs. Pets Sorcs are the strongest class at the moment in AOE and Cleave damage, DKs still outparse them in single target (and single target is more important). Just because you see the highest parses on YT from Pet Sorcs, doesn't mean they are the best. There are plenty of numbers you don't see.

In PvP, as far as shields go, go make a Sorc (cause you obviously don't play one), and shield stack while there are 4 people beating on you. You'll see that you'll vaporise in a matter of seconds if you don't start to kite and play skillfully (and your magicka will vanish too). Shields are strong in 1v1. The more people there are, the worse they get. The cost of shields is already pretty high (roughly 3k per shield on average) and you have to stack 2 or 3 of them every 6 seconds. In Morrowind? Shields will cost 16% more magicka. Try spamming that while maintaining the same damage output as you have now. You won't. The Sorc survivability doesn't come so much from shield stacking, but from Streak for kiting and repositionning, while Healing Ward heals you back to full health, and at that point you're ready to re-engage. Daedric Mines also play a huge part in Sorcs' ability to move, kite and survive. Then there's obviously Pirate Skeleton which was a mistake since the start. Fact is: Sorcs don't have a viable defensive mechanic aside from running away and shield stacking (cause they are the only class with a class shield). Do I like that mechanic? No I ***ing hate it. Is it OP? In certain situations it is, in others its not, including outnumbered situations.

So you provide absolutely no valid arguments about the fact that Magicka Sorcs or Shields are OP.

@IzakiBrotherSs

Single-target is more important? Since when? I look at the Trials leaderboards and I see 4-6 magsorcs in every top group. If magDKs have better single-target DPS and single-target is the most important parse, why are the top Trials groups running so many magsorcs?

Just some quick match on the current vMoL leaderboards, with the assumption that both tanks are DKs and both healers are Templars, we've got the following class composition for leaderboard raid DPS:

271 sorcs (49.5%)
    141 DKs (25.7%)
    86 templars (15.7%)
    50 nightblades (9.1%)

you think sorcs are operating in a vacuum? they are benefiting from the same external sources of resource regeneration as every other class.

just because right now - today - sorcs are overplayed does not mean the pendulum won't swing elsewhere, or swing back to magicka dks later down the road.

all this shows is the game has been out long enough for those that do vet trials to have one of each class geared up and ready to roll with the new fotm
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paraflex wrote: »
    I'd image with how much people are upset about sorcs well see some nerfs on the PTS

You'd think so, but every time PTS Cycle rolls around, everyone is like "uhh.. can you maybe balance the game so PvP is not 90% Sorcs and Trials don't consist of 8 Sorcs 1 DK for the DPS?"

And somehow Sorcs never get nerfed, and they get the most benefit from the patch.

It is like this every. single. time.

Have you only been playing ESO for the last 3 months? Because otherwise this is a ridiculous lie. Sorcs got continuous nerfs for TWO YEARS straight (2015 and 2016)! I guess you weren't here when Bolt Escape got hot hit with the worst nerf in MMO history, an exponentially increasing cost! And where were you when Surge got nerfed into uselessness? Believe it or not, Sorcs never used wards in 2014, we could survive on Surge alone.

Sorcs have been crap since the Imperial City DLC. The only thing that's changed in the last few months is that Stamina got nerfed a little and Destro staff got buffed a little. The ONLY buff PvP Sorcs have seen is the tiniest little change to Curse. The only buff for PvE Sorcs was a slight increase to Volatile Familiar damage, finally making it a viable DOT.

Cyrodiil is full of unkillable DKs and Templars in heavy armor, so I guess most of the whining is coming from Nightblades. NBs were literal god-mode since the IC dropped, so there's a lot of crying ever since Stamina got balanced with Magicka a few months ago. Did these guys really think they were going to be OP forever?

Sorcs are fine. If you got nerfed then complain to ZOS about THAT, but leave Sorcs alone!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm 95% sure that they will nerf sorc in the coming PTS patches.

and then it will get reverted and given a buff for the live update
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashnunn wrote: »
    Shields will cost more - moving points over to regen will take away from max magicka = reduced shield size.

Shield spamming, while still possible, will be much harder
    Mate, please. Logic doesn't work on these forums.
    Sorc could be the weakest class in the game and people would still cry about it because they lost vs one.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not going to read all the pages but I will agree with a post I saw on the first page.

I get the feeling everyone saying Sorcs are god mode/easy mode haven't played one.

Shield stacking doesn't do a thing when you have someone with good burst rotation beating on you the whole time. More than 1 person attacking you and all you are doing is surviving while doing 0 damage to them.

Smart players know how to make Infernal Guardian essentially do nothing so - yeah - I could spam shields but I'm gonna die anyway.

Now factor in the new CP structure and the amount a shield can do is greatly reduced.

Sorcs can point the finger the other way.

NB right now has great burst and for whatever reason you can still stun/root from stealth attacks.

Templars can go from no health to 100% very easily while also doing good damage.

And some DK builds can sustain forever in 1v1 and at times 1vX.

Don't let the fact that the top 1% of PvP players that use a Sorc insanely good represent the whole class as OP. The same could be said of every top player in each class.

I agree these nerfs look like garbage on paper and a lot of you have a reason to be mad - but I can almost promise if this went live today that you would see Sorcs melt easier than they do now without being able to spam all the shields in the current meta.

I would go as far to say that with the CP tree listed in this PTS patch if I tried casting all 3 shields I would have 0 magicka left and it would only last for 6 seconds which afterward would mean I couldn't cast anything when they ran out.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tell ZOS you were going to play a warden but Sorcs just look so much better.

BAM. Sorc nerf overnight. Better yet tell them that sorc pets are better than warden pets and maybe ZOS will remove pets from Sorc and replace them with a few skills that just make you smell bad.

ALL MUST BOW BEFORE WARDEN

So sayeth the marketing department at ZOS hq.
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Methinks someone pulling the strings at ZOS is a bad sorc main. :trollface:
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every single patch, we expect some kind of nerfs or adjustments to the overtuned class that is the Sorcerer in this game. Yet every single time, they get the best of the patch notes. The gap between Mag Sorcs and everybody else just gets more and more ridiculous every time.

Take last patch for example. Mag Sorcs were god tier in PvP and PvE. What happened? A raw 8% damage increase and a better Haunting Curse.

This patch? Almost every aspect of the game is getting toned down and nerfed, except Sorcs and shields.

There is a major problem in this game when a full light armor Sorc in Lich can spam shield indefinitely and be harder to kill than any kind of heavy armor tank. There is no reason to play anything else in PvP. You do the most damage, are the most mobile, and are the hardest to kill. In PvE you outparse everyone by a huge margin.

We get it Zenimax, this class is your favorite and they need to be vastly superior to every other class in the game in every aspect of the game. But this is just getting ridiculous. It is so unprofessional for this kind of ridiculous favoritism to exist by a major company.

Bolt escape nerf, ball of lightning nerf, streak nerf, crit surge nerf, more recently....shield nerf, ultimate max nerf. hurricane nerf,.....

Sorcs used to be pretty powerful (against all but mag dk) back in the days of unlimited bolt escape, but not anymore.

Also any stamina character is more mobile than a mag sorc if played right.
    NoRefunds wrote: »
    mag sorcs are going to be HARD COUNTERED by templar eclipse and the new warden skill that absorbs projectiles that every warden is going to use since it also buffs ultimate generation, and 90% of people is going to play warden, so sorc is not going to be that great to be honest

yep
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Make Hardened scale with max health like dk and Templars shields.
    Edited by Aquanova on April 19, 2017 8:37AM
    NA/PC
  • Cyrisus
    Cyrisus
    Soul Shriven
    Not going to read all the pages but I will agree with a post I saw on the first page.

I get the feeling everyone saying Sorcs are god mode/easy mode haven't played one.

Shield stacking doesn't do a thing when you have someone with good burst rotation beating on you the whole time. More than 1 person attacking you and all you are doing is surviving while doing 0 damage to them.

Smart players know how to make Infernal Guardian essentially do nothing so - yeah - I could spam shields but I'm gonna die anyway.

Now factor in the new CP structure and the amount a shield can do is greatly reduced.

Sorcs can point the finger the other way.

NB right now has great burst and for whatever reason you can still stun/root from stealth attacks.

Templars can go from no health to 100% very easily while also doing good damage.

And some DK builds can sustain forever in 1v1 and at times 1vX.

Don't let the fact that the top 1% of PvP players that use a Sorc insanely good represent the whole class as OP. The same could be said of every top player in each class.

I agree these nerfs look like garbage on paper and a lot of you have a reason to be mad - but I can almost promise if this went live today that you would see Sorcs melt easier than they do now without being able to spam all the shields in the current meta.

I would go as far to say that with the CP tree listed in this PTS patch if I tried casting all 3 shields I would have 0 magicka left and it would only last for 6 seconds which afterward would mean I couldn't cast anything when they ran out.

Sorcs are by far one of the easiest classes to play with extremely high reward on the current patch so saying that only the 1% are making the class look really strong is as far from the truth as you will get. Shieldstacking is a big reason why most of the really stupid, 0 counterplay builds work (Petsorcs, Pirate Skeleton, etc.). I believe shieldstacking does everything if you know how to play it properly. When stacked correctly they prevent any sort of burst while also keeping up tempo. You only lose if you're a lot worse than your opponent. However, if you're equally skilled they won't have a chance at beating you while you just faceroll your keyboard and watch them die. Assuming equal skill level I don't think there's a single matchup where a sorc straight up loses. In a worst case scenario they will go even.

P.S: Infernal Guardian hasn't been viable for a long time now so using it as a foundation makes no sense. Any decent player would just slot Pirate Skeleton instead and be unkillable.
  • Cyrisus
    Cyrisus
    Soul Shriven
    NoRefunds wrote: »

Force Pulse.
  • wimhwimladimf
    wimhwimladimf
    ✭✭✭
    Using shields on Sorc in pvp is waste of MP, because you dont get the same values in pvp as you get in pve. On top of that they last too short, so just time your burst after 6s and sorc will run out of mana in no time.
  • Draqone
    Draqone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »
    sorceresr never got big nerf like other classes, example: magdk since game start was godmode, then nerf to the ground and unplayalbe for over year, templar have buff an nerf but big nerfs very hurting like now stamplar is unplayable in vpe since few months and now more unplayable, nb similiar, once was good and then now until now and nb is stil worst class for dps while sorc was damn never that down with nerf like other classes and this is balance? while very other class was up and at the bottom sorc was never at bottom, only as average or on top

Because Sorc was never over the top. It was always average and sometimes almost on top.

See vMA Weekly leaderboards. No, clearly Sorcs are totally not on top right now. It's not like the lowest score for a sorc is higher than the highest score for any other class.
    ESO Balance:
    “All skills are equal, but some skills are more equal than others.”
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Killset wrote: »

Wait. What? The more people beating on a Sorc the worse they get?! Does ZOS know this? All joking aside, this holds true for every class, why should Sorcs be any different? And I get that you are saying they aren't any different. It's just that Sorcs can mitigate better than many classes while still being able to lay down crazy damage. This is where the problem is at it's core. This is why there were a million posts complaining about Sorcs before the patch notes were even released. Now that they are released, it is like a slap in the face to anyone who doesn't main Sorc.

Yeah Sorcs can mitigate more damage than a Templar, a DK or any stamina build. Yeah. See the sarcasm? Most of these classes have better healing and better mitigation (flat damage reduction) as well as a sustainable stamina pool (Repentance, Helping Hands/Battle Roar) these 2 magicka classes are therefore more resiliant. That's not talking about the fact that they mostly use Heavy Armor, which Sorcs don't benefit from nearly as much. Stamina builds... Block, Dodge, easy access to snare immunity (Shuffle), great synergy with heavy armor (heavy armor sets that grant you insane amounts of damage that in turn optimizes your healing). Sure, you can say Sorc's defenses are OP. But if that's OP, what about all the other classes that resist much better to pressure.

FYI, Resistances, Mitigation % and Block don't become worse the more people you have beating on you. Dodge becomes more effective the more incoming damage there is. The only defense that scales the same way as Shields is Healing

Do you know that casting 3 shields without any cost reduction in CP costs roughly 13k magicka? You know that's 1/3 of most Sorcs' magicka pools. With Harness it goes down to about 8k total. And you have to reapply those shields every 3 seconds (3 skills = 3 global cooldowns = 3 seconds). That's if there isn't too much pressure on you, but enough to make you cast Healing Ward. That's the most expensive/resource intensive defense out of any class. You mentionned Pirate Skeleton. I think you realize that that's what really is OP, not the the shields.
    Edited by Izaki on April 19, 2017 10:40AM
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Draqone wrote: »
    sorceresr never got big nerf like other classes, example: magdk since game start was godmode, then nerf to the ground and unplayalbe for over year, templar have buff an nerf but big nerfs very hurting like now stamplar is unplayable in vpe since few months and now more unplayable, nb similiar, once was good and then now until now and nb is stil worst class for dps while sorc was damn never that down with nerf like other classes and this is balance? while very other class was up and at the bottom sorc was never at bottom, only as average or on top

Because Sorc was never over the top. It was always average and sometimes almost on top.

See vMA Weekly leaderboards. No, clearly Sorcs are totally not on top right now. It's not like the lowest score for a sorc is higher than the highest score for any other class.

Cause its the most popular class? Magblades are better at vMA than Sorcs are.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

yeah, he was never on bottom and was sometime on top and mostly just as average while every other class was for few patches on bottom, as I wrote, mag dk was unplayabe over year, nb was good at 1 patch and now what? now we have nb who is from last few patches on bottom in every espect in pve, mayb vMA can be exception but its doesnt matter as for solo pve and we have stamplar who whill struggle more in pve than in last few patches like nb but stamplar is more unplayabe.

I have seen how sorc awlays always was playable on on not bad spot if not on very good spot while very other class had their time with struggle to just play in anything, sorc had never this problem

So what? Doesn't that mean that the class is balanced? I'm pretty sure that that's the exact definition of balance.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »

@IzakiBrotherSs

Single-target is more important? Since when? I look at the Trials leaderboards and I see 4-6 magsorcs in every top group. If magDKs have better single-target DPS and single-target is the most important parse, why are the top Trials groups running so many magsorcs?

Just some quick match on the current vMoL leaderboards, with the assumption that both tanks are DKs and both healers are Templars, we've got the following class composition for leaderboard raid DPS:

271 sorcs (49.5%)
    141 DKs (25.7%)
    86 templars (15.7%)
    50 nightblades (9.1%)

... Because you can't have a full melee group? Logical, isn't it? In every trial there is always situations where you can't have everyone stacked on the boss, which is why there are so many Sorcs. That's particulary the case in vMOL. Ask anyone on those leaderboards what is more important single target or AOE damage. Single Target damage is what allows you to burn bosses quicker. You'll see that I'm right. Here on Xbox we also have 4-5 Sorcs per group. The only reason you see so many Sorcs is because NBs suck so bad right now that there's no point in even playing one, they can't compare to the ranged Sorc in terms of ST or AOE damage, and they are VERY far behind the melee classes too. I can guarantee you that if NBs were on par with the other classes you'd see the number of Sorcs drastically change. Sorcs have the most AOE damage for trash pulls, which in the end is pretty irrelevant because its syncing Destro Ults (and 1 or 2 Negates in Hel Ra) is what speeds things up.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade