Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Warlord and Magician CP being removed in Morrowind

• GoldenLight
    GoldenLight
    ✭✭✭
    What I said on the 20th of March but included a new one for heavy with the change...
    Why not just do it this way....

Under Tower:

Magician = Reduce Magicka costs when wearing (Light armor (5 Pieces))
    Warlord = Reduce Stamina costs when wearing (Medium Armor (5 Pieces))

New one:
    Resolve: Reduce Damage when wearing (Heavy Armor (5 Pieces))

That way every armor type gets a bonus to where they need. Magicka reduction for wearing 5 Light armor, Stamina costs reduction for wearing 5 medium armor and damage reduction when wearing 5 heavy armor (which gets rid of the problem with cost reductions with heavy armor focus and still leaves 16% reduction to cost for stamina and magicka with the appropriate armor.

Leave Sprinter and Bashing focus there giving a total of 5 options for points and balance the game.
    "Wonderful! Time for a celebration... Cheese for everyone!"

Options
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just make all pvp no champ points
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would ZOS perhaps consider 2 different CP trees? 1 for PVE which is only active in PVE areas and one for PVP which is only active in PVP areas that way you don't have to try to balance for both while also having some actives that do absolutely nothing (crit resist in pve for instance). If I have 600 cp, I can spend 600 cp in the PVE tree and 600 in the PVP tree with only one of them ever being active at any given time.
    Options
  • Absalon
    Absalon
    ✭✭✭
    Any official statement about this so far?
    CP 810 (PC-NA)
    Harnak - Magplar Healer (PVE)
    Gavin - Magsorc DPS (PVE)
    Manthys - Magplar DPS (PVP)
    Adrya - Stamblade DPS (PVP)
    Targesh - Stamplar DPS (PVP)
    Options
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absalon wrote: »

Nothing other than a short mention in an eso live saying their team was still working it.

Chances are they hope this thread dies. And their changes are probably set in stone already so we are only waiting on PTS
    Options
  • Fodore
    Fodore
    ✭✭✭✭
    I say good. If people need to crutch on cp for sustain then that is just bad.
    Before judging a man walk a mile in his shoes.
    After that who cares?
    They're a mile away and you've got their shoes.
    Options
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fodore wrote: »
    Aaaaaaand... you've just proved that you don't understand the issue surrounding the change, in any way at all.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

Options
  • Absalon
    Absalon
    ✭✭✭

If you have enough CP to provide more sustein, there is nothing wrong on rebuild yourself to compensate on another stats. It's the prize for your hard work.
    CP 810 (PC-NA)
    Harnak - Magplar Healer (PVE)
    Gavin - Magsorc DPS (PVE)
    Manthys - Magplar DPS (PVP)
    Adrya - Stamblade DPS (PVP)
    Targesh - Stamplar DPS (PVP)
    Options
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course people need to crutch on CP for sustain. The game is designed so we have to crutch on CP for sustain. The devs have raised ability costs across the board several times to compensate for CP sustain. Couple that with the fact that most fights in this game demand that you DPS the boss as hard as you can for as long as you can. Not to mention that CP doesn't even come close to compensating for dumping any and all sustain, since most DPS builds still utterly depend on healers to throw Orbs or Shards at them.
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
    Options
  • Amayna
    Amayna
    ✭✭✭

Nothing other than a short mention in an eso live saying their team was still working it.

Chances are they hope this thread dies. And their changes are probably set in stone already so we are only waiting on PTS

That's fine, when the subscription start to cancel we'll see them change it back, however the problem is some people don't ever come back

Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amayna wrote: »

That's fine, when the subscription start to cancel we'll see them change it back, however the problem is some people don't ever come back

Pretty sure this change will bring more people back, at least the good experienced pvp'ers that left because of the state of pvp.

Battlegrounds
    Warden
    *New balanced changes?*

This 0 regen meta thats been around for a few months is just bad for the game, its about time it's gutted and i really hope this cp change does it.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still remember the proc crit nerf. When everyone thought it will be impossible to do this and that, its going to destroy builds, people will quit etc. And here we are again with the same bs. Just adapt and move on.
    Edited by pieratsos on April 10, 2017 2:37PM
    Options
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont let the thread die
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
    Options
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »
    Dont let the thread die

Since they're doing a private PTS server. It's not like it matters I don't think will even be able to see the actual changes until they're implementing them. Maybe I'm wrong
    Options
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    Since they're doing a private PTS server. It's not like it matters I don't think will even be able to see the actual changes until they're implementing them. Maybe I'm wrong
    I figured I wouldn't take the chance, so I've stopped putting CP into cost reduction, and am playing with no more than 15% Mag/Stam regen from CP.

;)
    Options
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    Dont let the thread die

You are indeeed wrong. They confirmed that everyone will be able to test changes to the base game patch part of Morrowind on PTS. And that includes champion points.
    Options
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaeme Diam wrote: »
    Ridiculous change. If it goes live it'll be my last straw.

Agreed. I'm going to wait before purchasing two copies of Morrowind (for my wife and I). If these changes to CP and the resource cost reduction thing hits, then we are both out. It would be the final straw for us more casual gamers that already struggle for resource management help.
    Options
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing Skyforge and loving it. If this stupid change goes through, I suggest many of you try it out.
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
    Options
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing Skyforge and loving it. If this stupid change goes through, I suggest many of you try it out.

I need a MMO to look and play as nice as ESO

Which is why I'll be sad to leave if Morrowind disappoints me by nerfing everyone and balancing around the less than 1%'s who shouldn't matter in a massive multiplayer game
    Edited by Nelson_Rebel on April 16, 2017 2:46PM
    Options
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I need a MMO to look and play as nice as ESO

Which is why I'll be sad to leave if Morrowind disappoints me by nerfing everyone and balancing around the less than 1%'s who shouldn't matter in a massive multiplayer game

Skyforge does. Graphics are actually a bit better than eso since it's a year newer. Combat is very action arcade-ish
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
    Options
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    Jaeme Diam wrote: »
    Ridiculous change. If it goes live it'll be my last straw.

Agreed. I'm going to wait before purchasing two copies of Morrowind (for my wife and I). If these changes to CP and the resource cost reduction thing hits, then we are both out. It would be the final straw for us more casual gamers that already struggle for resource management help.

Same. If this goes through, this game no longer gets my money.
    Options
  • Tankerbells
    I myself- run with 100 points into Tenacity, and the rest go into Shadow Ward- so I'm sorta looking forward to them removing cost reductions, be sorta fun with all those people running around- not knowing how to play the game anymore... I'm a DK tank,. Wife's sorc build (20k dps- no tank buffs)- runs with 100 points into Tenacity- and the rest go into Magicka Recovery.
    PC/NA, DC - CP861 - StamDK (PVP), MagDK (PVE), and Tank
    Options
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    nothing is set in stone. but i dont believe we will get a huge nerf like this with nothing going on elsewhere to balance it out.

i also believe this change isn't coming with morrowind.

However, my thoughts? ZOS Really needs to stop changing fundamental mechanics like this so drastically. This is a big one on resource management even if it gets buffed elsewhere so the nerf is marginal. I still believe you guys need to stop changing things so heavily.

Evidently, you never saw 12 people wailing on one of those troll build tanks in Cyro who take no freaking damage. Of course, you could be one of those tanks.This is a balance change. I just wish that they wouldn't nerf the PVE so hard along with it. Of course, I will probably just dust off my gold set of Seducer and change my other gear that doesn't support regen.
    Options
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    nothing is set in stone. but i dont believe we will get a huge nerf like this with nothing going on elsewhere to balance it out.

i also believe this change isn't coming with morrowind.

However, my thoughts? ZOS Really needs to stop changing fundamental mechanics like this so drastically. This is a big one on resource management even if it gets buffed elsewhere so the nerf is marginal. I still believe you guys need to stop changing things so heavily.

On my own opinion, they are not making huge changes, simply do what should had be done. Content is easy, why? Because people DPS like crazy, animattion cancel, almost inifnite ressources, healer doing DPS, when game was design, i'm sure 4 men was intent for 4 mens, 2 DPS, healer and tank, not 2 DPS dpsing for 6 with fast animation cancel and inifnite ressources, doing this balence the game back again, they are way less radical they i would had been, i would have instore skills cooldown like other games... now, healer will think a bit more and provide the damage dealers ressources and be a bit less selfsish by thinking about doing that 15-25k dmg and being on the damage charts. Now maybe, dungeon will be a team skillful rather that individual finger spammers. They didn'T changed fundamental mechanivs, simply make so that their design mechanics gets done how they planned it, not to be counter with some design weakness though to fix. Thhat's what i think.
    Options
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw_Beta
    Oreyn_Bearclaw_Beta
    Soul Shriven
    JinMori wrote: »
    Personnaly I like what I'm seeing.

Sure, it's not set in stone and is subject to change, but, these things are usually, actually, pretty, set in stone. I don't think we will see a return of reduced cost CP stars. But I'm certainly interested to see if there will be other changes made in other passives and abilities to compensate. Maybe reduce cost glyphs will get a buff?!

What about pve? No one use those glyphs.

We will be most likely. I could care less if we have to compensate for sustain with glyphs. It's a level playing field, so everyone will likely be doing it.

The problem that might not be evident to everyone is that there are heavy attack builds that have unlimited sustain. On live, they are much simpler rotations but don't result in the DPS of more complicated version.

The big fear is that the the sacrifices you make to sustain a more complex rotation will end up leaving them below a simpler heavy attack rotation, thus removing skill from end game. If that happens, the raiding community is going to leave this game.
    Options
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's funny how we thought that the CP nerf was the worst part

The reality of the nerfs are 9000% worse than any of us here imagined

I'm actually speechless at how insane the nerfs are
    Edited by Nelson_Rebel on April 20, 2017 7:23PM
    Options
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm actually speechless at how insane the ners are

Telllll me about it.
    Options
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Telllll me about it.

I can't even comprehend how they think that the combination of all these nerfs is a good idea

Nerfs to EVERY form of sustainability was hit

Armor types, CP, amor sets, skills, class passives, racial passives

It's just incomprehensible on a sociological level IMHO
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Options
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Telllll me about it.

I can't even comprehend how they think that the combination of all these nerfs is a good idea

Nerfs to EVERY form of sustainability was hit

Armor types, CP, amor sets, skills, class passives, racial passives

It's just incomprehensible on a sociological level IMHO

Ya way overboard.

That said, they. Would have simply said hey this is the max change we will make for sustain and will bring the floor back up over some testing cycles. We shall see.
    Options