Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Azura's Star NA PC Thread PART 3

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heike wrote: »
    I guess this past week should demonstrate to all of those conspiracy theorists and onion historians, that TM has absolutely no loyalty to AD, whatsoever.

They're here for AP and good, fun fights, as they choose to find fit. And they'll do it on any faction they want.

People can stop calling them AD loyalists now.

Pissing into the Honey Pot.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Sixth
    Sixth
    ✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    I guess this past week should demonstrate to all of those conspiracy theorists and onion historians, that TM has absolutely no loyalty to AD, whatsoever.

They're here for AP and good, fun fights, as they choose to find fit. And they'll do it on any faction they want.

I believe it's a Blueberry pot now
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Rank 17 Eightt: CP160 StamBlade
    Rank 15 Sixthh: CP 160 StamSorc
    f**k magicka characters

maybe I'm zerging... maybe I'm running solo.... play how you wanna, pst for the 1v1
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixth wrote: »

I believe it's a Blueberry pot now

Blueberry Pie :)
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Joshlenoir wrote: »
    Scamh wrote: »
    Magus wrote: »
    DC flavor of TM is in progress

First thing i ran into this morning on my NB was this full out DC leprosy pandemic and next thing that registers is Josh telling me that I found TM. Seriously wtf TM, I was about to report for botting: k ZOS I'm looking at 7 destrobots, 3 healbots and 2 rootspambots here, pls remove.

It's common knowledge now that TM isn't meant to be a skilled group, I ended up 1v1'ing 2 of their players yesterday that branched off from the group, and not to my surprise one of them was their best player [snip], who can't even admit they are good, and another cp900+ magdk who doesn't even wear their tabard and barely runs with them :lol:

[Edit to remove name.]

So you beat someone who was probably running in a group build? How much are your pvp lessons?

To be fair, it's not like it makes much of a difference. You need skill to make the gear work. When I was running my zerg Magsorc with AoEs and destro ults, I could still kill someone 1v1 or wasn't as good as me.

That's not what a group build is....We build specifically for group comp. My templar doesn't have a single dps skill on my bar (minus vamp drain). I run skills that complement who is in group and alter my sets depending on the same factors. I don't build to 1vX so yeah maybe a lot of us will get killed 1v1 outside of the group...but we aren't designed to 1v1 outside of the group.

Med-large group play is a totally different animal than getting excited over a few kills at a time...and you can't really compare skill-levels of the two. (I can call any 1vX-er that gets killed by us bad because they are horrible at 1vX-ing us...just like we get ribbed for not being able to kill things solo...It's not gonna help the group to run around a rock or tree for 3 minutes and wait until you can drop an ult/snare combo and then roll away)

Except you run with 10-12 people lol... nobody is going to 1v12 a group with 6 spamming BoL. You run an easymode group comp and "resource farm" with an actual small zerg, that isn't hard or difficult especially given that the amount of pugs constantly wiping to you were AD squishblades that can't tell a destro ult from an infernal guardian lol. Run a strong 4-6 man group and then see how you do in those situations.
    Edited by Joshlenoir on March 31, 2017 10:50PM
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Explain the difference between "easy mode" group comp and "good 4-6" man groups. I'm pretty sure group comp is relevant regardless of group size. Which is why I said I change up what I'm running depending on group comp (size, classes, skill level, tendencies to push/pull). So your good 4-6 man group is probably also running "easy mode" from the perspective of the squishblades you wipe.
    Marek
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭

Not really, except maybe in your eyes. Because, once they leave DC to log their EP toons, I'm sure some covenant folks will, again, start screaming foul and how "TM is so awful for this server."

( FOTM is orange mango, btw. Let's at least try to get the fruits right. You know... for nutritional sake)

Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭

Not really, except maybe in your eyes. Because, once they leave DC to log their EP toons, I'm sure some covenant folks will, again, start screaming foul and how "TM is so awful for this server."

( FOTM is orange mango, btw. Let's at least try to get the fruits right. You know... for nutritional sake)

TM - bad for your servers since 2014. 9/10 1vX-ers recommend heal nerfs to combat TM breakouts.
    Edited by PenguinInACan on April 1, 2017 12:01AM
    Marek
  • Scamh
    Scamh
    ✭✭✭
    Explain the difference between "easy mode" group comp and "good 4-6" man groups. I'm pretty sure group comp is relevant regardless of group size. Which is why I said I change up what I'm running depending on group comp (size, classes, skill level, tendencies to push/pull). So your good 4-6 man group is probably also running "easy mode" from the perspective of the squishblades you wipe.

...our groups have multiple squishblades. It's risky, which makes it fun. I'd be bored out of my brain if I ran in a perfectly safe little zerg of multiple destro ults and stacked heals vs a couple of pug forces.
    The Upside Down (Stamplar) - Osaka Sewers X (Stamblade) - A Scanner Darkly (Magblade) - Taylor Swiftborn (Stam sorc)
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭

...our groups have multiple squishblades. It's risky, which makes it fun. I'd be bored out of my brain if I ran in a perfectly safe little zerg of multiple destro ults and stacked heals vs a couple of pug forces.

It's all on who you fight. It's not perfectly safe when you are fighting 50-60 w/siege and emp.
    Marek
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jesus, what is with TM taking so much ***? People should go to TF for 10 minutes if they think what TM does is somehow cheap or bad gameplay. Props for switching to DC, it really does help the campaign.

You have builds with low survivability so that makes your playstyle somehow more fun? Maybe your squishblades need to work on their builds a little...
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    Jesus, what is with TM taking so much ***? People should go to TF for 10 minutes if they think what TM does is somehow cheap or bad gameplay. Props for switching to DC, it really does help the campaign.

You have builds with low survivability so that makes your playstyle somehow more fun? Maybe your squishblades need to work on their builds a little...

It's a cycle. We're used to it now. The troubles of being around as a guild this long i guess.
    Marek
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not gonna lie, most ingame things don't bother me but the TM chain remembrances while Rowsdowser is taking like 40K DPS is rage inducing lol.
    Edited by usmcjdking on April 1, 2017 2:15AM
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magus wrote: »
    DC flavor of TM is in progress

First thing i ran into this morning on my NB was this full out DC leprosy pandemic and next thing that registers is Josh telling me that I found TM. Seriously wtf TM, I was about to report for botting: k ZOS I'm looking at 7 destrobots, 3 healbots and 2 rootspambots here, pls remove.

It's common knowledge now that TM isn't meant to be a skilled group, I ended up 1v1'ing 2 of their players yesterday that branched off from the group, and not to my surprise one of them was their best player [snip], who can't even admit they are good, and another cp900+ magdk who doesn't even wear their tabard and barely runs with them :lol:

[Edit to remove name.]

So you beat someone who was probably running in a group build? How much are your pvp lessons?

To be fair, it's not like it makes much of a difference. You need skill to make the gear work. When I was running my zerg Magsorc with AoEs and destro ults, I could still kill someone 1v1 or wasn't as good as me.

That's not what a group build is....We build specifically for group comp. My templar doesn't have a single dps skill on my bar (minus vamp drain). I run skills that complement who is in group and alter my sets depending on the same factors. I don't build to 1vX so yeah maybe a lot of us will get killed 1v1 outside of the group...but we aren't designed to 1v1 outside of the group.

Med-large group play is a totally different animal than getting excited over a few kills at a time...and you can't really compare skill-levels of the two. (I can call any 1vX-er that gets killed by us bad because they are horrible at 1vX-ing us...just like we get ribbed for not being able to kill things solo...It's not gonna help the group to run around a rock or tree for 3 minutes and wait until you can drop an ult/snare combo and then roll away)

Except you run with 10-12 people lol... nobody is going to 1v12 a group with 6 spamming BoL. You run an easymode group comp and "resource farm" with an actual small zerg, that isn't hard or difficult especially given that the amount of pugs constantly wiping to you were AD squishblades that can't tell a destro ult from an infernal guardian lol. Run a strong 4-6 man group and then see how you do in those situations.

I love that imagery lol
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    I'm not gonna lie, most ingame things don't bother me but the TM chain remembrances while Rowsdowser is taking like 40K DPS is rage inducing lol.

We run the other morph...bout time people got our cheese in the right flavor.
    Marek
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

LOL, WTF is "easymode group comp"? Should they run an ineffective group composition to make other people happy? Wait until everyone is running 3 Wardens in their group if you are unhappy now.

TM is annoying to fight but they don't run around preening themselves as leet 1vX'ers or use shady tactics and stealth bomb outnumbered puglets. If new chums are repeatedly dying to TM resource farming, maybe you should educate them instead.

If DC really needs help on Azuras, maybe I'll dust off my DC toons. Haddy has been pretty lousy lately and TF too laggy.
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

LOL, WTF is "easymode group comp"? Should they run an ineffective group composition to make other people happy? Wait until everyone is running 3 Wardens in their group if you are unhappy now.

TM is annoying to fight but they don't run around preening themselves as leet 1vX'ers or use shady tactics and stealth bomb outnumbered puglets. If new chums are repeatedly dying to TM resource farming, maybe you should educate them instead.

If DC really needs help on Azuras, maybe I'll dust off my DC toons. Haddy has been pretty lousy lately and TF too laggy.

Yes, DC needs help on Azuras now. I would prefer if folks who have long played for DC in PvP came and balanced the server rather than people like me whose only DC character was my master enchanter created at launch and who never really played the game at all.
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭

An easymode group comp is running over half of the group as templars or magsorcs in a group consisting of 10-12 with the only abilities you need being breath of life, healing ward, destro ult, and encase (or talons). While outnumbering the people you fight / wiping the same pugs over and over again, it isn't difficult given the actual skill level of the players within the group.
    I don't "run around epeening myself as a leet 1vXer" but I am glad that you see me that way. Neither do I use "shady tactics" to "stealth bomb" outnumbered puglets, I'm perfectly fine running solo and killing people by myself while outnumbered, you're just using the same washed up overused and untrue insult everybody that doesn't understand how my nightblade plays uses against because they are unable to go toe to toe with me or complain that I am hard to kill (with or without troll kings).
    1. I can't gank, I'm a redguard, I get 0 stealth bonuses
    2. I'm not a vampire, so even if I did want to gank im slow in stealth anyways
    3. I'm sometimes in heavy armor, which is the complete antithesis to any ganking build.
    Lastly, I play more than one class as well, MagDK / Magplar, and I can tell the good ones from the bad.
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭

An easymode group comp is running over half of the group as templars or magsorcs in a group consisting of 10-12 with the only abilities you need being breath of life, healing ward, destro ult, and encase (or talons). While outnumbering the people you fight / wiping the same pugs over and over again, it isn't difficult given the actual skill level of the players within the group.
    I don't "run around epeening myself as a leet 1vXer" but I am glad that you see me that way. Neither do I use "shady tactics" to "stealth bomb" outnumbered puglets, I'm perfectly fine running solo and killing people by myself while outnumbered, you're just using the same washed up overused and untrue insult everybody that doesn't understand how my nightblade plays uses against because they are unable to go toe to toe with me or complain that I am hard to kill (with or without troll kings).
    3. I'm sometimes in heavy armor, which is the complete antithesis to any ganking build.
    Lastly, I play more than one class as well, MagDK / Magplar, and I can tell the good ones from the bad.

A few things.....we run 3-4 templars out of 12-14 group total...not half or close to "over half". When I am on my templar I spend more time using vamp drain, restoring aura, purify, spears, or resto ult...but yeah please just use templar buzz words while defending yourself against nb buzz words. We also are always hurting on sorcs. Maybe in a 12 man group we will have 3. So we are at 7 out of 12 people as sorcs (both mag and stam) and templars (both mag and stam). Show me the easy mode cheats for that group comp. Not to mention whatever random builds myself and a few others decide to be testing that night.

If you die to more numbers, just say you died to more numbers. That's the justification. It doesn't mean you are a bad player, and it doesn't mean the players that killed you are bad.
    Marek
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wooo pop-locked DC! This is an awesome sight to behold.

@WhiteMage why you not #1? Have I not been feeding you enough AP? :(
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Sixth
    Sixth
    ✭✭✭

A few things.....we run 3-4 templars out of 12-14 group total...not half or close to "over half". When I am on my templar I spend more time using vamp drain, restoring aura, purify, spears, or resto ult...but yeah please just use templar buzz words while defending yourself against nb buzz words. We also are always hurting on sorcs. Maybe in a 12 man group we will have 3. So we are at 7 out of 12 people as sorcs (both mag and stam) and templars (both mag and stam). Show me the easy mode cheats for that group comp. Not to mention whatever random builds myself and a few others decide to be testing that night.

If you die to more numbers, just say you died to more numbers. That's the justification. It doesn't mean you are a bad player, and it doesn't mean the players that killed you are bad.

I agree, it's completely different play styles. It doesn't make me happy, or will I ever say I died fairly (to me). But numbers wins wars, if you have more numbers, you'll win more fights. Battlegrounds is coming out and that'll satisfy people that me, who just want to do small scale fighting and showcase more self-skill. Then theres people like you, who wanna do group play and have cordination through voice chat to demolish 20-30 people at a time. We all just gotta learn to accept each others play styles and steer clear or just stop attacking each other on the forums and IG. (Except Boozdog n don-jay lmaooo)
    Daggerfall Covenant
    f**k magicka characters

maybe I'm zerging... maybe I'm running solo.... play how you wanna, pst for the 1v1
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    Azura's is a different world. Dominion Knights, moved here after a lengthy 2 week debate in the guild. The driving factor was learning to play more deliberately. CP campaigns suffer from excessive regen and mitigation. The super players who can roll dodge forever or the super tanks that never die are all systematic problems that ESO faces. Moving to a NON CP campaign affords players the opportunity to learn (forcibly) how to play with skill. Builds are tightly balanced, choices in abilities matter. This is the number 1 reason we moved. My members are good players, they understand the basics and do well against equally skilled groups. I wanted to give them the opportunity to learn how to be better. For those of you who don't know me, I am a college professor, and surprisingly enough moving to AZ is like a lab for me to help my members learn more skill. The other reason we came to AZ is foresight. I think I heard somewhere that the battlegrounds are going to be non CP. If that's the case 30 days on AZ will teach my members a lot. The fact that AD hasn't won a campaign on TF in a while or that Haxus and invictus are strong and win 90% of the time did not effect our choice. We have been on TF over a year fighting those 2 guilds and others the entire time. Those groups are very organized and they have the largest number of veteran PVP players running with them. There is no doubt in my mind that they will win most of there engagements. So lets not assume why DK is here. There is no hidden agenda to win a campaign or even crown emperors. We are simply here to have fun and learn to be better PVP players. Don't let 1 or 2 players convince other super groups or guilds to move over or come in and fight your battles for you--I say this because someone sent me a tell saying they would get haxus to come over to AZ to fight us, which is not necessary.

Group and Guild leaders from any faction will tell you, Taran is a nice guy, he does not zerg the map on purpose. They will also tell you I don't micro manage the AD faction or other guild groups. I try to foster a level of cooperation and positive relationships with everyone. Treat me with respect and I'll do the same. DK won't T-bag you or hold some vendetta against you or your group/ guild. We simply play to have fun, we play the map no matter where we are. If a fight needs our help we do it and if not we move on to another. We win some and we loose some that's the nature of the game but we never run to the forums to throw salt. Take the time to enjoy the opportunities that ESO gives.

Welcome.
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a side note, I have received a complaint today from one of my guildies about the continual harassment on the forums of Tertiary Meat and I was specifically asked to address this. Just because a guild chooses to participate in group PvP in Cyrodiil does not mean individuals of said guild have consented to forum harassment.

I am requesting that the moderators to take a stronger approach to people who name and shame specific guilds. If I am mistaken that naming and shaming of guilds is allowable, please PM me so that I can counsel my guildie who sought my help. Thanks guys.

Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• Sixth
    Sixth
    ✭✭✭
    Grunim wrote: »
    As a side note, I have received a complaint today from one of my guildies about the continual harassment on the forums of Tertiary Meat and I was specifically asked to address this. Just because a guild chooses to participate in group PvP in Cyrodiil does not mean individuals of said guild have consented to forum harassment.

I am requesting that the moderators to take a stronger approach to people who name and shame specific guilds. If I am mistaken that naming and shaming of guilds is allowable, please PM me so that I can counsel my guildie who sought my help. Thanks guys.

Noone FORCES them to look at the forums, if the mods haven't removed it yet, it can't be that bad
    Daggerfall Covenant
    f**k magicka characters

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Joshlenoir I was not speaking directly to your habits since I've been MIA from Azuras. I surely was not complimenting you. Seeing you gate camp while emp has pretty much forever fixed your views on sportsmanship in my mind... and I was on the same faction.
    Yes, DC needs help on Azuras now. I would prefer if folks who have long played for DC in PvP came and balanced the server rather than people like me whose only DC character was my master enchanter created at launch and who never really played the game at all.

I started on DC. My sorc is way out of date - still DW/Dawnbreaker and no destro ult - but it might be nice to update her and take her off mule duty.
  • Sixth
    Sixth
    ✭✭✭
    @Joshlenoir I was not speaking directly to your habits since I've been MIA from Azuras. I surely was not complimenting you. Seeing you gate camp while emp has pretty much forever fixed your views on sportsmanship in my mind... and I was on the same faction.

I started on DC. My sorc is way out of date - still DW/Dawnbreaker and no destro ult - but it might be nice to update her and take her off mule duty.

DW/ Dawnbreaker on a Magsorc? I'd like to have seen that
    Daggerfall Covenant
    f**k magicka characters

• Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a great time to dust her off, with double XP from the festival through the weekend you can get that destro ulti in no time doing some Skyreach runs :)

• WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wooo pop-locked DC! This is an awesome sight to behold.

@WhiteMage why you not #1? Have I not been feeding you enough AP? :(

I have a life that I have to get back to occasionally. For example, I had a graduate school application to submit, and lots more exams and deadlines coming up.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭

I never accused anyone of cheating.. I'm not *** longbottom, Lady daephina, series, Akarios, you're saying those are the only templars you ever run with? not that i care whether they are or aren't, just stating what it seems to be. Also when I die to TM, I'm always dying to numbers, I thought we have already established that.

I gate camped DC as an EP emp because DC was absolutely notorious that cycle and gate camped everybody, had the *** zerg night cap every single night (north american players helped too), and I was sick of it, cry me a river. That was also one of the campaigns where EP was actually the underdog, not anymore though, they pretty much switched places with DC.
  • Scamh
    Scamh
    ✭✭✭

Oh gods you're not taking that much sh**, you drama queen. I just adressed TMs silly group composition, it made me laugh but it's sorta sad, right? The NBs do just fine.

The Upside Down (Stamplar) - Osaka Sewers X (Stamblade) - A Scanner Darkly (Magblade) - Taylor Swiftborn (Stam sorc)
  • Sixth
    Sixth
    ✭✭✭
    Fun night with LoDG, held onto Blackboot for most of the night and AD didnt really care, we kept wiping those who tried to take it back. They finally sent double our numbers to BB and took it back, we poked the bee hive lmao
    Daggerfall Covenant
    f**k magicka characters

This discussion has been closed.