Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Azura's Star NA PC Thread PART 3

• Sixth
    Sixth
    ✭✭✭
    Can we get a moment of silence..

nngKRO9.jpg
    u0SH9HR.jpg
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Rank 17 Eightt: CP160 StamBlade
    Rank 15 Sixthh: CP 160 StamSorc
    f**k magicka characters

maybe I'm zerging... maybe I'm running solo.... play how you wanna, pst for the 1v1
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixth wrote: »

nngKRO9.jpg
    u0SH9HR.jpg

What is this post even complaining about?

What I see:
    1) AD and EP attacking each other at Aleswell
    2) AD and EP leaving DC tri-keeps alone
    3) DC has Brindle, a non-home keep that allows them access to many back line AD targets
    4) DC has Dragonclaw, a home keep that allows access to many back line EP targets
    5) DC, with the lowest population, still holds 5 keeps, which is only 1 keep less then having all 6 home keeps (just a different configuration), that is awesome

I just can't even.

Oh, is it because AD has Glademist Lumbermill? You are right, I'm shocked and appalled AD would do something like that *shame*.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    @usmcjdking errantly missing one from that list
    When making a list it's considered poor form for the person making it to include their own name.

He is talking about me...duh >:)
  • Sixth
    Sixth
    ✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »

nngKRO9.jpg
    u0SH9HR.jpg

What I see:
    3) DC has Brindle, a non-home keep that allows them access to many back line AD targets
    4) DC has Dragonclaw, a home keep that allows access to many back line EP targets
    5) DC, with the lowest population, still holds 5 keeps, which is only 1 keep less then having all 6 home keeps (just a different configuration), that is awesome

I just can't even.

Oh, is it because AD has Glademist Lumbermill? You are right, I'm shocked and appalled AD would do something like that *shame*.

Getting real defensive there taytay, that post could be taken numerous ways, one of them being DCs lack of activity hence the population post
    Daggerfall Covenant
    f**k magicka characters

maybe I'm zerging... maybe I'm running solo.... play how you wanna, pst for the 1v1
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

nngKRO9.jpg
    u0SH9HR.jpg

What I see:

I just can't even.

Getting real defensive there taytay, that post could be taken numerous ways, one of them being DCs lack of activity hence the population post

What could I possibly have to be defensive about? Just trying to make sense of a seemingly pointless post.

So you were happy that DC had 5 keeps but only 2 bars pop? Or just pointing out that DC had 2 bars pop which required 2 screenshots and a "moment of silence" for some reason?

Its my own fault for trying to understand your implication(s), should've just ignored like everyone else.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Sixth
    Sixth
    ✭✭✭
    Seemed you got defensive cause you thought I was implying something about AD not attacking EP I guess. Take my post how you want it, its about our population
    Daggerfall Covenant
    f**k magicka characters

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

nngKRO9.jpg
    u0SH9HR.jpg

What I see:

I just can't even.

I'd like to thank both EP and AD for leaving DC's tri keeps alone (at least last night.) Best way to keep a lower pop faction in the campaign.

Though it was almost a shame DC decided to hit chal when we should have snaked ash to start an offensive on AD. But then I remembered EP's huge score lead so I don't feel so bad about DC going in that direction lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont usually gank. I run Ambush, Ransack, Shadowy Disguise, Killers blade and Mass hysteria on my SnB bar. I find it tough to play, but it's very rewarding when you're *** *** up

Running with 15k in resists, buffed to 16kish when I ransack and a huge amount of Stamina in Azuras

Edit #3, in case anyone says anything, it is based off Syphers Stamblade build he had up, but I swap out some skills and gear. He used widowmaker and viper, I don't

He has a valid point; swapping tremor and Ransack out wouldn't dilute your build. Here's the passive you are missing out on (found online. The exact wording might be different in game):

- "Activating a Shadow ability grants you Major Ward and Major Resolve, increasing Spell Resistance and Physical Resistance by 5280 for 4 seconds. This duration is increased for each piece of Heavy Armor equipped".

- "Each slotted Shadow ability increases your Max Health by 3%".

- can be used with any weapon (better with dual weld since you can gain extra dmg on enemies that are stunned/immobilized. S+B just lets you block better).

Here's the Passives you currently enjoy:
    - "Also afflicts enemy with Major Fracture, reducing Physical Resistance by [y] for 12 seconds.
    You gain Minor Resolve, increasing your Physical Resistance by [z] for 12 seconds."

- must use S+B.

As you can see, you might be holding yourself back running Ransack. The major ward/resolve > the taunt proc/minor resolve, plus you get extra health which is better if you ran heavy armor as a nightblade. IF you are never in stealth for ganking, having that extra health+armor feels more important than the bonus you get running full medium. Plus you can now rotate monster helms based on the PvP you are seeing each night.

And you can probably swap out shadowy disguise if you can find a way to escape without it.

Just my two cents. I can't judge since I'm running somewhat of a "monk" style Templar build which has a few downsides and a weird style of play lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Sixth
    Sixth
    ✭✭✭
    I know, I didnt mean what I was running was the best. I just have fun using SnB and Tremorscale. If I wanted to be a kill bot I'd go Vipers and DW. I put my NB away anyway, I'm trying to run a DW Stamsorc, but having trouble with gap closing since Streak is SO buggy. Any tips on that?
    Daggerfall Covenant
    f**k magicka characters

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know, I didnt mean what I was running was the best. I just have fun using SnB and Tremorscale. If I wanted to be a kill bot I'd go Vipers and DW. I put my NB away anyway, I'm trying to run a DW Stamsorc, but having trouble with gap closing since Streak is SO buggy. Any tips on that?

Understood!

Run ball of lighting instead of streak. I think that morph isn't effected by the current bug plus it will absorb some meteor Ultimates and other projectiles as you try to run. It will also stun players around you, giving you an option to escape WB spam/NB trying to gank you.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Sixth
    Sixth
    ✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Understood!

Run ball of lighting instead of streak. I think that morph isn't effected by the current bug plus it will absorb some meteor Ultimates and other projectiles as you try to run. It will also stun players around you, giving you an option to escape WB spam/NB trying to gank you.

I think only Streak does the stunning, but that sounds good. If it's not affected by the bug, then I'll def swap out morphs. A skill should not be as buggy as Streak is, jesus
    Daggerfall Covenant
    f**k magicka characters

• Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    @Sixth you want streak.
    Some say speed kills, I hope to be proof of that.

Main- Speed Kills Nord Stamina Sorcerer
    +11 alts (every class, mag+stam)
  • Sixth
    Sixth
    ✭✭✭
    Necation wrote: »
    @Sixth you want streak.

Streak isnt a reliable skill
    Daggerfall Covenant
    f**k magicka characters

• Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sixth you want streak.

Streak isnt a reliable skill

No skill in this game is reliable. You want streak for sure!
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭

nngKRO9.jpg
    u0SH9HR.jpg

What I see:

I just can't even.

I'd like to thank both EP and AD for leaving DC's tri keeps alone (at least last night.) Best way to keep a lower pop faction in the campaign.

Though it was almost a shame DC decided to hit Chal...

AD WANTED you guys to take Chalman. The only reason AD attacked Aleswell was because EP took Bleak and Ales resources, as well as Nickel, and we didn't want to deal with both sides of the map when DC was low pop.
    As it was, EP tried backdooring us at Aleswell FD. lol

That's why there was little fight to keep Ales and Bleak from DC later on. (The small pug group that took Glade farm got thrashed in zone).

DC will be back to poplock in 2 days... we know that's coming and want Blue to focus northern Keeps. lol ;)

On a separate note, the fights at Sej, BRK and Arrius were pretty fierce last night. Good to see AD working together.
    Edited by Heike on March 21, 2017 5:30PM
    Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Understood!

I think only Streak does the stunning, but that sounds good. If it's not affected by the bug, then I'll def swap out morphs. A skill should not be as buggy as Streak is, jesus

It does a stun around you at the start of the spell for both morphs. Difference is, streak does dmg and additionally stuns everything in the path of your steak. Ball of lighting will only stun around you, doesn't deal dmg, but gives you 1.8 seconds of absorbing all projectiles cast towards you. It completely eats up meteor so that's something to not brush off lightly.

So if you want an offensive spell, use streak. If you are looking for a defensive escape mechanic, run Ball of lighting. That simple :)

- Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    @Sixth aoe stun from streak is invaluable in outnumbered situations. Don't use streak going through doorways or in towers. It rarely glitches in an open area. Personally, I didn't like bol. I like to streak into night blades that are cloaking and get the stun--> apply the slow from rending slashes--> harrass the slow Nightblade with hurricane

• Sixth
    Sixth
    ✭✭✭
    @Sixth aoe stun from streak is invaluable in outnumbered situations. Don't use streak going through doorways or in towers. It rarely glitches in an open area. Personally, I didn't like bol. I like to streak into night blades that are cloaking and get the stun--> apply the slow from rending slashes--> harrass the slow Nightblade with hurricane

Thanks, just trying Stamsorc coming from my NB. So Im a spoiled person cause Ambush is such a good gapcloser. 2 times Streak has bugged on me resulting in my death so it's a little frustrating.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    f**k magicka characters

• Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    @sixth I'm pretty used to not having a gap closer since I've been playing dualwield Stam sorc since dark brotherhood. Lots of people I've talked to can't stand not having a gap closer. My advice to them... use stampede on 2h back bar. If you don't want to run 2h and still can't live without a gap closer, use silver leash from the fighters guild line.
    Edited by Speed_Kills on March 21, 2017 6:29PM

• donJay
    donJay
    ✭✭✭
    I like the challenge AD has been giving us. Keep it coming yo
    ANIMOSITY BEST GUILD NA + EU
    Former Los Pepes
    Former Nemesìs
    Former Dynamic
    Former Nexus

EP | Magplar l Argonian l don-Jay
    DC | Magden | High Elf | don-Bae

Magden Solo PvP Vid
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    parkham wrote: »
    I've locked into the AZ campaign. I hope to be getting with an EP group there soon.

I've gotten murdered a few times already showing up at a keep while it got attacked with a giant mob of Blues Flags. And then murdered again while doing a scouting mission. Forgot to sneak and some dude ran up to me QUICK and I was dead before saying "what the?!" haha it was fun.

Hopefully I can get some PVP vets from EP to show me the ropes.

You've come to the right place. :-)
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vurian97 wrote: »
    There comes a time when you grow irritated with what you see and there comes a time when you just shrug and go away.

I returned yesterday as my first day back and DC managed to fight only AD the entire time I was online. Why? Because AD kept pushing DC for no utter reason than to just get AP. We took Nikel (I wasn't surprised, it was their home territory, but it was owned by EP), they attempted a back-door and got wiped. We went to Ash to retake it from EP, AD showed up to attempt a backdoor. Once again, we wiped them. Sure enough, they took Bleakers as we were headed to go hit Chal for a dethrone. I shrugged and said that I was done with Azura's Star for the night. If I wanted to just PvP and smash faces I would go into Trueflame. I play in Azura's Star because the map is actually interesting there and isn't constantly flipping with AP Farms and every other nonsense that goes on in Trueflame.

Yesterday was awful in my opinion. It's no surprise to me though. After winning 8 months in a row, we were bound to get ganged on once we were lesser in numbers. I do find it funny that a select group of EP like to t-bag me anytime they zerg me down though, as does a select player on AD. It is adorable to say the least that you pay enough attention to where I died so you can return to said spot to t-bag. :)

I hope more people change over from Trueflame & Haderus when this campaign cycle ends... and I don't mean for just DC, I mean for all factions. This campaign cycle had been exciting and very fun for the first few weeks. I was gone for half a week due to computer problems but now I am back and I see that half week really shook up DC for some reason. Whether it's PAX going on, Double AP made them tired of PvP, or just general life getting to people, but we definitely had less numbers than usual last night. (It was a Wednesday anyway, some people go to Church then, so once again, no surprise)

For the few fights that I did experience yesterday, they were fun, they were challenging, and to say the least, I felt accomplished with what I did for the day. Keep it up everyone, every day that we all continue to play in the campaign, every day that we bring reason to motivate ourselves to return, is another day that Azura's Star remains a Campaign that we get to play in.

DL has started running again, and we are gonna home AS. We'll see ya on the battlefield.

We won't teabag you though.
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also a public notice for those of you who obsess over 1vX or dueling, you make up 1% of the population, this is a large scale pvp game. I heard For Honor has a 1v1 mode, why don't you go check that out

Word.
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magus wrote: »
    I'm beginning to play in Azura's more.

Some thoughts: The NPCs are stronger than 99% of the players on this campaign and siege is overtuned. Siege and NPCs are not PVP. I can build around no CP, no issues but those two aforementioned issues annoy me.

Don't Xv1 someone and teabag them unless you are willing to 1v1 said person. Teabags are reserved for guildmates who die before they get a rez.

The thing a lot of people can't seem to get is that failure to 1vX = getting Xv1'd. People that try and pull people out of a siege or around a tree and get all bent out of shape when the wrong combination of X show up and cry "Xv1 horribleness" turn all of these "1vX-ers" into boys who cry zerg.

And there is a lot of that lately in all of Cyro.

Yup. Get run over by a raid while riding to IC? Sure you were "Xv1ed". Get crushed by 4 or 5 guys while trying to Kodi up a rock after a failed gank?

You just 1vXed and lost. No crying. There's no crying in PvP.
  • Sixth
    Sixth
    ✭✭✭
    3 posts in a row, well done my friend
    giphy.gif
    Edited by Sixth on March 21, 2017 10:08PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    f**k magicka characters

• apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grunim wrote: »
    WhiteMage wrote: »
    I'm so excited for all these new arrivals from Trueflame or elsewhere, because buried beneath all the heavy healbots and pocket dks, there are some fantastic solo players I've had the opportunity to duel.

Are there any specific guilds that have announced they are definitely re-homing to Azura's after Trueflame's current cycle ends? Thanks :)

DL for EP is re-homing Azura's.

:-)
  • Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    apostate9 wrote: »
    Grunim wrote: »
    WhiteMage wrote: »
    I'm so excited for all these new arrivals from Trueflame or elsewhere, because buried beneath all the heavy healbots and pocket dks, there are some fantastic solo players I've had the opportunity to duel.

Are there any specific guilds that have announced they are definitely re-homing to Azura's after Trueflame's current cycle ends? Thanks :)

DL for EP is re-homing Azura's.

:-)

Great...more EP. More playing on AD incoming @Heike
  • Ophh
    Ophh
    Soul Shriven
    The transitive property of equality actually suggests that 1vX does in fact equal Xv1. Discuss.
    @Ophelan - Roll Initiative
    'Ophh - MagDK
  • jameslogan
    jameslogan
    ✭✭✭
    I was about to type something salty about a certain faction not needing any more players and certainly not any more coordinated guilds, and then I remembered that I've already hit a healthy level of sodium for the day.
    Betsy
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 posts in a row, well done my friend
    giphy.gif

Well, I just logged on to read and respond, cuz I can't live on this forum like some people seem to...

So, Uh...thanks? I guess? Or?
This discussion has been closed.