Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Azura's Star NA PC Thread PART 3

• WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joshlenoir wrote: »
    I'd be happy to duel anyone here that thinks I run from fights though:)

I think you run you run from fights.

Fite me.

<3
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • Munavar
    Munavar
    ✭✭✭
    ~9:00ish last night; It appears the Trueflame people arrived a week early (I believe the campaign still has yet to reset).

The Blue Wave at Nikel and Roe was a bit much. Somewhere in the 40-60 range.
    Not to be out done, the Red Sea at BRK was just crazy; there must have been 100+. They stretched from lumber to nearly the mine.

Nice job AD in taking the blows and eventually pushing back.

Mods,
    I know people complain about the sturdiness of the guards and the damage of the siege but can you pass on a message to Brian to reduce\remove poisons (like many have suggested) from no CP? Continuous +60% costs are over the top.
    Dae - TM
  • Alishka_Gunter
    Alishka_Gunter
    ✭✭✭
    Not possible.

According to Josh I only zerg surf and this morning the zerg was down at Alessia. There's no possible way I would ever be caught away from the safety of the zerg.

Sarcasm aside, I don't discriminate when it comes to who gets arrows flung at them... Except wing spamming DK's. I stay the hell away from them lol.
    GM of Einherjar (EHJ)

Alishka Gunter - Stamina Nightblade
    Gunter Smash - Magicka Dragonknight
    Alishka Tempestas - Magicka Sorcerer
    Alishka Arrowflinger - Stamina Nightblade
    Alishka Hides In Bushes - Magicka Nightblade
    Gunter Hearts Blueberries - Magicka Templar

• Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also not familiar to forums so if someone can explain how I managed to quote myself tyvm lol
  • Malibulove
    Malibulove
    ✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »
    Malibu has great calfs, also you probably typed your post in the quote brackets.

Thanks man.
    Chill Bro of Chill Bros

Hooked-on-a-Feeling - Stamsorc (EP)
    Freddíe Mercury - Lead singer of Queen (EP)
    A Blizzard Wizard Lizard - P2Warden (DC)
    Prequels Anakin - Mageblade (AD)
  • Malibulove
    Malibulove
    ✭✭✭
    What is 'Xv1 ganking'? Especially as a Stamblade you have great perma Stealth, groups full of people sieging or capping flags don't. So how would they ever catch you, unless you sought them out.

And at that point if you tried to blow-up somebody in a siege-line or something and get snagged, were you really Xv1'd or was the gank just unsuccessful?

Because it's not really you getting ganked if you're literally the one coming out of stealth on some unaware target. Since the way to avoid getting killed in that scenario would be to just not come out of Stealth and avoid an obvious group of players running around.
    Chill Bro of Chill Bros

• Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Malibulove wrote: »
    What is 'Xv1 ganking'? Especially as a Stamblade you have great perma Stealth, groups full of people sieging or capping flags don't. So how would they ever catch you, unless you sought them out.

And at that point if you tried to blow-up somebody in a siege-line or something and get snagged, were you really Xv1'd or was the gank just unsuccessful?

Because it's not really you getting ganked if you're literally the one coming out of stealth on some unaware target. Since the way to avoid getting killed in that scenario would be to just not come out of Stealth and avoid an obvious group of players running around.

Xv1 ganking is when you gank (from stealth) someone that is already in the middle of being hit by multiple people, a complete overkill method to make sure you get the killing blow and feel Superior
    It's also when you run a group of nightblades or other classes that sit in stealth and wait for someone to pass by and charge up heavy attacks and get ready to spam Ults on the one person
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm that @Alishka_Gunter will break away from a zerg... and does not care who gets arrows. loool

Edit: or coldfired
    Edited by Heike on March 20, 2017 2:24AM
    Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • Alishka_Gunter
    Alishka_Gunter
    ✭✭✭
    Lol Heike!!!! <3 bro lol. Good fights today! Look forward to more
    GM of Einherjar (EHJ)

• Alishka_Gunter
    Alishka_Gunter
    ✭✭✭

Xv1 ganking is when you gank (from stealth) someone that is already in the middle of being hit by multiple people, a complete overkill method to make sure you get the killing blow and feel Superior
    It's also when you run a group of nightblades or other classes that sit in stealth and wait for someone to pass by and charge up heavy attacks and get ready to spam Ults on the one person

I don't even know what to say to that Josh lol. You are making up new terms. Let's review what ganking actually is...

It is a word commonly used in online video games, usually used in an MMORPG. Ganking is the process in which a group of charecters gang up on one or more players that do not have a chance to defend themselves, Or when one high level player does the same action to a player way below his or her own level.

So now that we understand the definition of ganging, let's review. Devine and me killing someone from stealth, whether it's done with a bomb like Valla or Devine, or with a Focus Aim shot like any bowtard would use to kill an unsuspecting person is the point of ganging. You do the very same thing when you attack from stealth with an Incap Strike. Wait??? You drop ultimates too?!?? Heaven forbid you actually do the exact same thing we do.
    GM of Einherjar (EHJ)

• Speed_Kills
    Speed_Kills
    ✭✭✭
    Vurian, where's my 200k?
    Some say speed kills, I hope to be proof of that.

Main- Speed Kills Nord Stamina Sorcerer
    +11 alts (every class, mag+stam)
  • No_True_Scotsman
    No_True_Scotsman
    ✭✭✭✭
    So who are the top 10 players on AZ?
  • Zander98
    Zander98
    ✭✭✭
    Inb4 AZs 4th thread has to be opened.
    Zane Altise- The Drunken Sorc

"The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head"-Pratchett
  • Alishka_Gunter
    Alishka_Gunter
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone will have a different point of view but my list would be; (current, active players only)

From EP

- Mr. Dude
    - Zane Altise
    - Booz
    - Malleus (spelling might be off)
    - PuG Shellshock

From DC

- Narmleth the White Mage
    - Anomaly
    - Fengrush (I hate to list him for principles sake but he is the original stam sorc)

From AD

- Valla Voidstorm (not the best 1v1 but has some epic bombs and is a great person to chat with, very funny)
    - Machete
    GM of Einherjar (EHJ)

• Alishka_Gunter
    Alishka_Gunter
    ✭✭✭
    Zander98 wrote: »
    Inb4 AZs 4th thread has to be opened.

Aye. This thread will be closed during maintenance tomorrow. Oddly enough, same person(s) that got the original closed.
    GM of Einherjar (EHJ)

• Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Equipping a set, being a vamp, slotting a skill and using a speed pot isn't exploiting....

Night's Silence + Conceal Weapon + Vamp + Major Expedition?
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This, what is happening right now in AS, is a result of (all 3) faction stacking.

Spread out people, hit some random ***.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necation wrote: »
    Vurian, where's my 200k?

Doubt you get an answer. *giggles*

• ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hardly get to play in AZ anymore...

Now I just come here for the comments <3
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necation wrote: »
    Vurian, where's my 200k?

I will literally pay you 200k upfront to make an EP toon that you enjoy so you can reap terror with me.
    Doooo iiiiiiiiiit
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Malibulove
    Malibulove
    ✭✭✭
    Endless Fury is in a more broken state than when Radiant Destruction got canned with a -21% dmg reduction, and Mass Hysteria is still bugged, so much so that most NB builds plan around just living long enough to put pump out Fears until one of them finally bugs out and sticks somebody in a 4 second CC they can't break from.

Fight me.
    Chill Bro of Chill Bros

• Alishka_Gunter
    Alishka_Gunter
    ✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    Equipping a set, being a vamp, slotting a skill and using a speed pot isn't exploiting....

Night's Silence + Conceal Weapon + Vamp + Major Expedition?

:smile:

We have a winner!

Pretty sure that's the furthest thing from an exploit but you know, when your under distress act like a monkey and fling stuff hoping that something will stick.
    GM of Einherjar (EHJ)

• cbaudersub17_ESO
    cbaudersub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @Alishka_Gunter, thanks for the in-game tell. :smile: ...and props again for getting away. Your health was low enough to die from tripping over a tree stump. Great use of the surroundings and situation. Also, the AD-take/EP-defense of Drake was fun. Easily could have gone the other way if some more AD didn't show up. Guess some peeps wanted a small break from the SEJ-BRK version of the bridge war.
  • Alishka_Gunter
    Alishka_Gunter
    ✭✭✭
    Anytime! Was a good fight and I got very lucky to escape that situation! I think I had 3% health when I turned the corner of the tower lol. I will say that sorc that went in got lucky as I was out of range for my follow-up hits and he turned the corner when I did get in range. Definite well-played by you folks!
    GM of Einherjar (EHJ)

• FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Xiaring
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good fights last night overall. Got to run with Total Domination (And their three raids.) for a bit before going for a MoL farm.

Organization is still lacking, severely, on AD side (especially compared to EP. Having finally gotten to play on both) but the fights were fun and AP was flowing at a steady rate. I had some fun surfing with them on my tank. Including blowing through the Chal gate literally on top a group of ten or so EP (full speed horse + rapids), snaring them all, and giggling like a madman as the destro train followed-up behind me while the whole group of EP (I know I caught a few of them with maps out) desperately tried to get away or hurt me through Spell Wall.
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So i popped in here to marvel at how the thread made it to 20 pages. i went back about 3-4 pages to see what the current conversation was about and I feel like I've lost some brain cells. frankly, its a little embarrassing. I know Haderus caught a lot of flak for the recent emp flipping (which tbh, that hasnt really happened since the Homestead update) but It's a pretty competitive server right now and has the potential to be a pretty amazing server on par with Trueflame. EP is always in large numbers, AD is usually medium to large and DC is always guaranteed a good fight.

Champion Points arent going anywhere. even in battlegrounds, champion points will still be around. NO CP is like, the gluten free version of pvp and will never be taken seriously. Im honestly surprised to see how many of the old Chillrend / Thornblade competition homed on Azura's.

inb4 the lock
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »

Champion Points arent going anywhere. even in battlegrounds, champion points will still be around. NO CP is like, the gluten free version of pvp and will never be taken seriously.

Pretty sure they even stated they are leaning to no CP for BGs. Saying it isnt taken seriously is pretty silly. The only reason CP is the go-to right now is that is where the main servers were focused. If they have 4 campaigns, 3 non CP and 1 CP.. would it still be considered that way?

Frankly they should tune sets according to nonCP - let it translate to CP.. because on CP campaigns you can pretty much get away with whatever you want in builds. CP PvP is more or less busted at this point.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    If they have 4 campaigns, 3 non CP and 1 CP.. would it still be considered that way?

honestly? i think that one CP campaign would be exactly how trueflame is now. it would probably be very competitive. It'll be where champions go to compete. Whats something you keep saying about CP enabled campaigns? the TTK is too long, unsatisfying or whatever you say to justify it. a longer TTK translates to more skill needed to take a player down. otherwise what are you doing? bombing them with burst?

Sure there are cheese builds. and No CP discourages that to an extent* but having CP allocated makes someone tougher which in turn makes the competition tougher and more competitive.
    Edited by Rickter on March 20, 2017 2:20PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When TF campaign ends (later this week?) we might be seeing a migration over to Azura's. How significant that is and how it affects faction balanced remains to be seen but Azura's is already feeling more zergy after the double AP/no CP event.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
This discussion has been closed.