The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Congratulations to all the new Grand Overlords

• FMonk
    FMonk
    ✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Talcyndl wrote: »
    One week of double AP = 2 weeks of base AP. Maybe three weeks when figuring in the anticipated higher population and overall focus on AP.

I don't think this will really make much difference in the long run.

I think you forgot the part where there is no CP, and most people didn't adjust their gear and have no idea how to deal with it. Also, read my first post again. My group is getting 300k ap / hour. Some of us got over a million AP already since maintenance. Do the maths.

Also, I never said that people would get 64millions APs in the double AP week. I said that alot of people will be getting their GO rank without any hardwork (they were already high ranks).

Well yeah, running around in a 20 man group steamrolling unorganized pugs during the middle of the day when there's no organized opposition is going to get you a lot of AP.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind the ap. Grand overlord and EMP for that matter is about who plays a lot... not who is good. When one of your mates became EMP who is also a Grand overlord I took all 12 of my toons out to cyrodil including a level 14 knowing I would get a double achievement on every one of them.... and I did. Many of the Grand overlord s largest gains were from early wabbajack and other closed campaigns that would fight then everyone would run off and let one person get the tick. Nothing wrong with it then and now.... meh.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • poietin
    poietin
    ✭✭✭
    I thought we played in Cyrodiil because we enjoy killing other players not because we enjoy getting certain titles. Alliance rank doesn't reflect skill and even before the increase of AP gains, you can just repair walls, spam heal and farm inexperienced players to get AP. A high alliance rank could just mean you have way more time to play and are really dedicated to wall repair. Who cares that all these people are gonna get GO in a short period of time? It would just make killing bad GO more sweet. Unless there is a dueling arena, your PVP title really doesn't mean anything.
    Personally, I love the increase AP gain because I get to sell more Akaviri motifs to help fund my dream of owning the Ebonhear Chateau.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    poietin wrote: »
    I thought we played in Cyrodiil because we enjoy killing other players not because we enjoy getting certain titles. Alliance rank doesn't reflect skill and even before the increase of AP gains, you can just repair walls, spam heal and farm inexperienced players to get AP. A high alliance rank could just mean you have way more time to play and are really dedicated to wall repair. Who cares that all these people are gonna get GO in a short period of time? It would just make killing bad GO more sweet. Unless there is a dueling arena, your PVP title really doesn't mean anything.
    Personally, I love the increase AP gain because I get to sell more Akaviri motifs to help fund my dream of owning the Ebonhear Chateau.

It doesn't mean that I enjoy killing players that I don't also come in Cyrodiil to achieve the highest possible rank in the game. Your argument is biased. I also never said that getting the highest rank reflect skills. It only means that you have either played the game alot, been around for a long time, been killing alot of people or in most scenarios, a mix of all these factors. It is an honorific title for people who have been playing this game for a long time.

Now the title is getting ruined because of all the ridiculous AP buffs we're getting again and again. I know that you and alot of people who are centurion rank don't care if people get GO earlier than expected, but for us players who dedicated alot of time to get it the hard way, it is game breaking.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • incite
    incite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Plz let them get Grand Overlord this way, ill relog to my Tyro alt and *** on their faces, gg

Imo, people tend to forget with certain ranks come certain expectations, if you get rekted by someone whos 13 ranks below you, the joke is on you zergbois...

Shame :blush:
    PC EU

no1 knows me, no1 cares about me but sshh, don't tell

• poietin
    poietin
    ✭✭✭
    You should probably petition ZOS to come up with another title for players that got GO earlier. It should be called the Original Gangster.
    Edited by poietin on February 28, 2017 12:44AM
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    FMonk wrote: »
    Talcyndl wrote: »
    One week of double AP = 2 weeks of base AP. Maybe three weeks when figuring in the anticipated higher population and overall focus on AP.

I don't think this will really make much difference in the long run.

I think you forgot the part where there is no CP, and most people didn't adjust their gear and have no idea how to deal with it. Also, read my first post again. My group is getting 300k ap / hour. Some of us got over a million AP already since maintenance. Do the maths.

Also, I never said that people would get 64millions APs in the double AP week. I said that alot of people will be getting their GO rank without any hardwork (they were already high ranks).

Well yeah, running around in a 20 man group steamrolling unorganized pugs during the middle of the day when there's no organized opposition is going to get you a lot of AP.

Gotta get emp for prime time somehow, or the steamroll will slow down!
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    makeumrage wrote: »
    Stop complaining guys. Its no worse then the healing grand overlords of the past when you use to get mega ticks just for hitting healing springs in a zerg. Its not like GO means anything just the same as Former Emp does. A title just determines timed played not skill.

too much common sense in a single post, i cant take it.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol grand overlord is basically Templar zergers, bomb blades or dedicated AP farmers. It really has never determined skill.
    Edited by thankyourat on February 28, 2017 1:27AM
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only end game PvP content in this game are the fights themselves, and improving your mechanics and skill with which you fight them. Alliance ranks merely require time to obtain. If you're caught up on rank, you're avoiding the true challenge of PvP, just saying.

That said, it is frustrating when the time and commitment required to acquire achievements is reduced for newer players after you've worked to get them. How would you like it if the Maw skin and hard mode title were made available for completing nMoL, or Master Angler just required fishing one zone?

I understand why the OP is frustrated. I am close to getting my first star, and I've played solo or in very small groups which I've led personally since IC patch. I don't farm AP or engage in fights where aoe damage is the answer, nor do I pay much attention to my rank, but it still feels satisfying to see it rising up there.

That said, rank means very little when there are people out there like...well...we all know them...who did nothing but run between Bleaker's and Chalman at prime time to reach GO.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting GO today and rank 50 later in the week. I don't think I'm diminishing anyone's GO achievement by getting it this week rather than next week. All it is is a time investment. The only thing diminishing it are people trading objectives for 500k an hour. Those people should be fairly obvious to the majority of the pvp community to spot as you know most of the high rank players already. Honestly ZOS needs to do something about it.

In any case I agree that doubling AP while objectives give such a large amount already was really stupid.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Should we reclassify this as exp farming so it gets nerfed sooner? Is this a viable way to level up as well?
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am looking forward to an easy Kill a Grand Overlord achievement.

I am still going out to defend keeps and resources without waiting for them to flip, double ap or triple AP, and if there is a group bombing AFK flagflippers and repping walls, I will join it. I don't think any amount of outrage or anger, justified or not, is going to change the current situation, so the only thing anyone can do is play how we think the game ought to be played, and don't worry about other people's choices. They are the ones who have to live with them.

If someone is so lacking in self-awareness that they still feel proud of themselves after earning a cool rank the easy way (by exploiting, boosting, or afk outpost flipping), they aren't going to be moved by an appeal to their sense of honour or fair play.
    AD is the best looking faction. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rofl, this is a joke right?

Grand Overload was basically like Realm Rank 10 or 11 in DAOC...Its not really about Skill more about Time.

There were zergs of Realm Rank 11 players in DAOC...ZERGS....we're talking 60+ people...and they were mostly *** half the time.

This game is no different..Grand Overload players aren't any better then any other player i've seen...Most are pretty downright awful in all honesty and got their Rank via being carried by 23 other people at this point.

So if you're wanting a metric of skill...GO is not the way to determine it...
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everyone lag out the servers in protest!!!
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Esgameplaya1
    Esgameplaya1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find it funny that you are concerned about this issue. What a joke that achievement is!! Oh and congratulations to all the new grand overlords!!
    KpAo1Vv.gif

• loki547
    loki547
    ✭✭✭✭
    poietin wrote: »

It doesn't mean that I enjoy killing players that I don't also come in Cyrodiil to achieve the highest possible rank in the game. Your argument is biased. I also never said that getting the highest rank reflect skills. It only means that you have either played the game alot, been around for a long time, been killing alot of people or in most scenarios, a mix of all these factors. It is an honorific title for people who have been playing this game for a long time.

Now the title is getting ruined because of all the ridiculous AP buffs we're getting again and again. I know that you and alot of people who are centurion rank don't care if people get GO earlier than expected, but for us players who dedicated alot of time to get it the hard way, it is game breaking.

Hi.
  • Darth_Apache
    Darth_Apache
    ✭✭✭
    I've gotta get in on this double ap. 155cp Stamblade and still no vigor! I'm a mess in PvE with no self heals besides mark target...
    "Darth Apache XB1, NA, AD, StamBlade, DW/Bow"
    Insurrection - The Eye - The Nightshade Consortium
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grand Overlord is "endgame pvp" ? Wat

Wait.... there's an endgame PvP?? lol
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • MLRPZ
    MLRPZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo, it fixed the lag, no more bridgefight, everything is happening at Seja/nikel/bleakers now

At least I got GO way before that BS
    Edited by MLRPZ on February 28, 2017 2:10AM
    AD // Marc the Epic Goat // Templar // AR50
    EP // The Goatfather // Templar // AR44
    AD // Unforgoatable // Sorc // AR33
    EP // You Goat Rekt // NB // AR28
    EP // Bill Goats // Swarden // AR28
    AD // Goat Ya // NB // AR24
    AD // Unforgoatten // StamDK // AR 21
    DC // Egoatcentric // Stamsorc // AR16

and many unused PVE chars

REMOVE FACTION LOCK

AoE Rats
    RIP Zerg Squad
    RIP Banana Squad Inc
    Not your typical goat

• Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be nice to actually get into pvp and get AP,, in queue at 169 for EP lol
    edit- Every campaign is pop locked
    Edited by Sigma957 on February 28, 2017 2:42AM
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not unless they are overlord already they wonr't. Nice exaggeration.
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting GO before this involved some combination of the following things:

-Kill a delve boss every hour
    -Bridge
    -Attack the tower door
    -Wait for the tick
    -Repair Walls
    -Rapid Regen
    -Play 24/7

Sorry but the achievement had very little integrity to begin with.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Made 1.7m AP today, should be Overlord tomorrow.

For all the toxic salty kids who keep coming in the thread saying that getting Grand Overlord doesn't mean skills, I also agree. I suggest that you read the replies before posting because your argument got countered a dozen times already.

Grand Overlord is a honorific title for players who have been playing this game for a long time. Nothing more, nothing less.

With Homestead AP buff, no CP nubs getting killed left and right, double AP and AP bonus, people are now getting ridiculous amount of APs with almost no efforts catching up on ranks that would have taken months to achieve prior of Homestead.

Anyway, nite!
    Edited by frozywozy on February 28, 2017 5:28AM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If every single Grand Overlord wasn't around for no diminishing returns, or never took part in AP trading, or didn't take advantage of a class-exclusive path to mondo gains, then I might care. As it is, though, on Trueflame NA PC we're getting all our AP the old-fashioned way, with murder and playing the map. So unless you suddenly skipped off to EU servers or a campaign that doesn't matter, then I don't even know what you're talking about.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when it comes to pvp and ranks you should never change how the currency works to earn said ranks, i hit rank 9-44 in the same system i dont want GO given to me
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well judging from just tonight, I liked tonight's gameplay alot: people laying down sieges and taking keeps and resources. Much better than the usual choke points.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually sad I can't play this weak I'm pretty much only one PvP rank away from my first star on my magblade. Made almost 80℅ of my AP playing solo PvP as well. I didn't even abuse proxy det, vicious death, or the destro ultimate. Just good old fashion, destro/resto
  • Hafgar_W
    Hafgar_W
    ✭✭✭
    Made 1.7m AP today, should be Overlord tomorrow.

For all the toxic salty kids who keep coming in the thread saying that getting Grand Overlord doesn't mean skills, I also agree. I suggest that you read the replies before posting because your argument got countered a dozen times already.

Grand Overlord is a honorific title for players who have been playing this game for a long time. Nothing more, nothing less.

With Homestead AP buff, no CP nubs getting killed left and right, double AP and AP bonus, people are now getting ridiculous amount of APs with almost no efforts catching up on ranks that would have taken months to achieve prior of Homestead.

Anyway, nite!

Frozy, I doubt even 5% of the total PvP population will actually get close to Grand Overlord this week, let alone achieve it. But the point is, most people don't PvP enough for that, even with double AP and healing springs or regeneration.

If we see an abundance of people wearing the title in a week, you can tell me I was wrong. Otherwise, be ready for some serious jokes over Discord :smiley:
    Vokundein
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
    @Hafjoldr - Oathsworn of Vokundein
    Ignorance is a curse.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    . I would rather have a working lag free game than any type of progression and I've been playing since launch.

Lag free? Have you tried minesweeper?