The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Congratulations to all the new Grand Overlords

• Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ah great you guys pre-prime time emped? On first day of no-CP? So much for a leisurely evening :/
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Talcyndl wrote: »
    Talcyndl wrote: »
    I don't think this will really make much difference in the long run.

Although whatever Golden Vendor items the RNG Gods choose next weekend will probably be selling for cheaper than normal. :)

Nice, so I can finally get a good bargain on maw of the infernal, gold skooma smuggler ring or frost staff of burning spellweave?
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    Ah great you guys pre-prime time emped? On first day of no-CP? So much for a leisurely evening :/

Emp happened during mid afternoon. Populations were all max pop. No cheesing.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People have been feeding players AP , exploiting and some as far as CE use since the launch of the game . How is one double AP week going to smear titles anymore then the entire lifetime of the game ?
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People have been feeding players AP , exploiting and some as far as CE use since the launch of the game . How is one double AP week going to smear titles anymore then the entire lifetime of the game ?

I already answered this question several times through all my replies in this post. I though better of yourself @Rohamad_Ali than simply posting in a thread skipping all the other posts.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't mind earning double AP or more people earning Grand Overlord faster. To be honest, since I switched factions midway, I'd prob already be one if achievements were shared across all toons. But I do mind people cheesing the system by flipping flags without fighting. I mind anyone exploiting something. And I put equal blame on ZOS and the players involved. Both are at fault.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »

For some one who always goes on about competitive play, you have an extremely flexible definition of prime time.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many people only like PvP if they can have something others cannot. More CP, more titles. PvP should be fun for PvP's sake. I would rather have a working lag free game than any type of progression and I've been playing since launch.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This so hard. Progression is secondary to just playing PvP itself.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I already answered this question several times through all my replies in this post. I though better of yourself @Rohamad_Ali than simply posting in a thread skipping all the other posts.

Apologies for not reading every post , I am in the rain but to the point . With titles , people will know who has earned and who has not earned them . At least Wheeler is trying something to improve performance and get the people he needs to make a successful test . If this does lead to a better Cyrodiil and the only casualties were a few ranks boosted , then that is a small price to enjoy the game in the future wouldn't you think ?
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

For some one who always goes on about competitive play, you have an extremely flexible definition of prime time.

? I never said that emp happened at primetime. I think you need to read slower.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

• Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So many people only like PvP if they can have something others cannot. More CP, more titles. PvP should be fun for PvP's sake. I would rather have a working lag free game than any type of progression and I've been playing since launch.

Apologies for not reading every post , I am in the rain but to the point . With titles , people will know who has earned and who has not earned them . At least Wheeler is trying something to improve performance and get the people he needs to make a successful test . If this does lead to a better Cyrodiil and the only casualties were a few ranks boosted , then that is a small price to enjoy the game in the future wouldn't you think ?

The thing is, like I said in multiple posts, they could have encouraged people to play in the campaign by doubling the AP gains for killing and healing players only. Doubling AP for flipping objectives only promote abusing and exploiting.
    Edited by frozywozy on February 27, 2017 9:39PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

• Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    During the last ESO Live stream, I remember Brian starting up the point saying : "We are going to double the AP gain for killing and healing players.." then he made a short pause, I told myself, nice. He made the right move. Then he kept going ".. and we are also doubling the AP gain for capturing keeps, outposts and ressources. I facepalmed and knew he just ruined endgame PVP.

My group have been running since the servers came back up. Made around 750k APs in few hours. We just got emperor. This is going to get even worse. Everyone are and will be earning easy PVP ranks, some will even be Grand Overlord by the end of the week, ruining the efforts of everyone who got GO already.

People are not even trying to defend objectives anymore. They wait until it flips to push the flags and flip it back to get maximum AP.

That was a big mistake imo. RIP endgame PVP.

Welcome to 2 weeks ago?
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Dro-m'athra Destroyer already means nothing thanks to bug, now GO will mean nothing too coz "roleplaying". At least Master Angler will always be most OP title.

I will now spend all of my time figuring out a fishing bug so I can steal the value of that achievement as well. And then I will sell my bug so that everyone can be special and everyone can have Master angler.

everyone-can-be-super-and-when-everyones-super-no-one-will-be.jpg
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on February 27, 2017 9:51PM
  • MrSinister213
    MrSinister213
    ✭✭✭
    RIP end game PvP?

Sounds like OP is nothing more than a PVE title chaser. End game PvP for me is just that, the Player vs. Player.
    @TTV.BuyMoreCrowns
    Camelot Unchained Soon (ar 49 AD) high elf nb
    High Elf Slayer (ar 38 EP) dunmer dk
    Zangief (ar 37 DC) high elf sorc
    Papi Chulo (Ar 42 AD) stam sorc

wouldnt call myself a pve'er or pvper. my preferred endgame is crown crates.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RIP end game PvP?

Sounds like OP is nothing more than a PVE title chaser. End game PvP for me is just that, the Player vs. Player.

Sounds like your logic is primary grade school. Please come again.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

• Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... people will do in one week of testing what they would've done in two? OMG, a free week's worth of AP! LOL.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On the bright side, this data should help them. Maybe is is the placebo affect and I am just imagining it, but my ping is 100% better without CP.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You haven't answered my question though. What is your own definition of endgame PVP?

I didnt because its hard to answer that question i guess.

If i tell people we play for good fights, they will tell me that they consider those fights where they blob around in keeps/outposts as good fights too.

If i tell them furthermore that after those fights i need the feeling that we have won because me and my group members used the right skills at the right time on a target we managed to identify as important while being outnumbered (all the time -> difference to keep attack/defense where much more people are in the area but spread out over a huge area) without sitting in 4-6 stacked healing spring fields on top of the safety provided by AoE cap mitigation they will call me an elitist ...

So yeah, guess we wont find the answer to that question...
    Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    So... people will do in one week of testing what they would've done in two? OMG, a free week's worth of AP! LOL.

Since you havent read any post and went straight into posting, let me counter your biased reasoning for the 4th time. It is not only about what you could have achieved in 2weeks. It is fighting unexperienced players dealing with no CPs and Homestead patch increase value of ressources to 1500, keeps and outposts to 6000, now worth 3600 and 14.5k with ap bonus.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

• Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ROFL. Surfing the ZERG should be an achievement of to which you would have received. This is coming from a player who says I don't run in groups of more than 16 and we push the map to split up other stacked factions.

I've sir would like to award you the Hipocar for all the double cheeking you do on a permanent basis.

Aside from EP massed a zerg larger today than I have seen DC do in a few months congratulations you are making a comeback as the zergiest faction on the map.......
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This so hard. Progression is secondary to just playing PvP itself.

Though part of me wishes there was a weekly score that was calculated based on deaths/killing blows/objectives captured. It could tank you a flat value and you can see how you stand in PvP, instead of using the AP zerg board to see how you are farming a useless currency.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frozy - if it makes you feel any better.

On EU people have been flipping outposts for nights and days since the change was introduced. Effectively this week saves them just the next week of outpostflipping.

Hopefully we don´t see them again in pvp afterwards - because atleast it will be pointless for them.

I play for my rank. It´s just a personal motivation though. I would have barely reached rank 50 by now (if i had not switched realm) with almost never joining a grp of more than 6 players (after the first 6 months).
    It´s still a personal achievement and always will be for people that know they can be proud in the way they´ve earned their ap.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Anyone with any interest in actual competitive play needs a different game than eso
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yuke wrote: »

You haven't answered my question though. What is your own definition of endgame PVP?

I didnt because its hard to answer that question i guess.

If i tell people we play for good fights, they will tell me that they consider those fights where they blob around in keeps/outposts as good fights too.

If i tell them furthermore that after those fights i need the feeling that we have won because me and my group members used the right skills at the right time on a target we managed to identify as important while being outnumbered (all the time -> difference to keep attack/defense where much more people are in the area but spread out over a huge area) without sitting in 4-6 stacked healing spring fields on top of the safety provided by AoE cap mitigation they will call me an elitist ...

So yeah, guess we wont find the answer to that question...

It is hard to answer because there is no real answer. Like I said in my first post, until we get battlegrounds, arenas, with some kind of ranking and gear to buy with tokens that require ranking, Endgame PVP for me is getting Grand Overlord.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

• Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Though part of me wishes there was a weekly score that was calculated based on deaths/killing blows/objectives captured. It could tank you a flat value and you can see how you stand in PvP, instead of using the AP zerg board to see how you are farming a useless currency.

You mean a type of scoring that rewards based on different types of objectives? I could get behind that, though deaths/killing blows would have to be tweaked to avoid abuse for people who kill friends for AP.

You know would I would like to see? Alliance loyalty rewards/ranking system that are broken into different tiers and granted based on how many times you fought for your alliance. Longer you stick with your alliance, the better the reward you get at the end of the campaign-- or something akin to this concept. Would be another way to control alliance flip floppers. Without totally bringing back alliance locking to campaigns.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on February 27, 2017 10:20PM
  • NedicWildling
    NedicWildling
    ✭✭✭
    You are overreacting to a change that will last a week, if someone was already close enough it doesn't matter. GO isn't a skill based achievement so acquiring it shouldn't be considered end game pvp. I can understand if you are frustrated with more people having it since you have one GO and another one soon to be i think? But it really is irrelevant at this point. if there was a bigger reward or more meaningful reward than just a scroll and some stars maybe.
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    On the bright side nobody should be jumping on sieges when you drop 2 plus because they will have AP to purchase. No excuses. :)
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

You mean a type of scoring that rewards based on different types of objectives? I could get behind that, though deaths/killing blows would have to be tweaked to avoid abuse for people who kill friends for AP.

You know would I would like to see? Alliance loyalty rewards/ranking system that are broken into different tiers and granted based on how many times you fought for your alliance. Longer you stick with your alliance, the better the reward you get at the end of the campaign-- or something akin to this concept. Would be another way to control alliance flip floppers. Without totally killing alliance locking campaigns.

I came up with my example quickly. But I think we can discuss a way to provide a universal ranking system that won't be easily abused.

Reason I said a ratio of all three, was to make so that it punished you for only flipping resources without attacking another player. If you did this consistently, it could sense that a player was "farming" AP and ignoring pvp. So they would be placed at bottom of the totem pole for ranking. Ideally it won't punish your AP gains, you'd still play for map control (and we can have another stat showing how many objectives were taken).

If that same player attacked a resource, and meet an enemy, you could get a better score because either one of you will be dying. And because it was near a "rated" objective, you can promote pvp map play or add objectives to promote a healthy pvp experience.

For group play styles, we can look at the time it takes to take an objective from a similar size or outnumbered situation. I'm not sure how this can be done, but the game could record your kills/deaths and if you succeeded in taking the keep. This can go into a different ranking table and you can see "Pact Militia Raid #100 - each players stats, and the gross average score". And the team that gets the actual objective win could get more points. This way it rewards both teams for duking it out, but bragging rights goes to the winning side. This might be better for battlegrounds though.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure people even look at pvp ranks anymore.

At least it's not as bad as what they did to emp, worked my behind off to get those passives and then they make the tree useless.

These days I don't even care/look at pvp rank. Heck people are lucky if I even bother to see their name. It's all about the alliance shields above the toon for me.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will be a lot of people getting Grand Overlord kill achievement LOL

Well AP, EMP have all been exploited and cheated through so bad it has made pvp rank a joke for a long time, plus rank gives you nothing other than an epeen title and a skill point.

I know some players have earned it the legit way and gratz to you, at least you know you did it the right way and had a satisfying game experience.

just seems like zos is a fish out of water these days flopping all around not knowing which way to go, I just want fun and some signs of balance in pvp, I don't care about the titles, or even the AP that much all that will come if I am having fun and playing.