The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Congratulations to all the new Grand Overlords

frozywozy
frozywozy
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
During the last ESO Live stream, I remember Brian starting up the point saying : "We are going to double the AP gain for killing and healing players.." then he made a short pause, I told myself, nice. He made the right move. Then he kept going ".. and we are also doubling the AP gain for capturing keeps, outposts and ressources." I facepalmed and knew he just ruined endgame PVP.

My group have been running since the servers came back up. Made around 750k APs in few hours. We just got emperor. This is going to get even worse. Everyone are and will be earning easy PVP ranks, some will even be Grand Overlord by the end of the week, ruining the efforts of everyone who got GO already.

People are not even trying to defend objectives anymore. They wait until it flips to push the flags and flip it back to get maximum AP.

That was a big mistake imo. RIP endgame PVP.
Edited by frozywozy on March 1, 2017 8:15AM
Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
Frosted - Magplar - AR50
Frodn - Magden - AR50
Warmed - Magblade - AR50
Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
  • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
  • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
  • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
  • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
  • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
  • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
  • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
  • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
  • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
  • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
  • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
  • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
  • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
  • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
  • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
  • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
  • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
  • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
  • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
  • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
  • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
  • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
  • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
  • Introduce dynamic population
  • Lower population cap by 20%
  • Add Snare Immunity potions
  • Bring resurrection sickness
  • Fix character desync
  • Fix cc breaking bug
  • Fix gap closer bug
  • Fix health desync
  • Fix combat bug
  • Fix streak bug
  • Fix server lag
  • ExcaliburESO
    ExcaliburESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup no point pvping anymore if everyone gets grand overlord.... Like if everyone is below grand overlord is fine cuz once ppl get it they imediatly get big boost in skill.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yup no point pvping anymore if everyone gets grand overlord.... Like if everyone is below grand overlord is fine cuz once ppl get it they imediatly get big boost in skill.

What part didn't you get about "it took days and days of playtime for actual GOs to achieve the rank and now players are getting it in a week of easy pvdooring"?
    Edited by frozywozy on February 27, 2017 8:22PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im glad that my guild and me have a different definition of endgame pvp.
    Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »

What part didn't you get about "it took days and days of playtime for actual GOs to achieve the rank and now players are getting it in a week of easy pvdooring"?

He doesn't value the integrity of work and time investment.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • ExcaliburESO
    ExcaliburESO
    ✭✭✭✭

ruin pvp rank system isnt same as destroying pvp.
  • makeumrage
    makeumrage
    ✭✭✭
    Stop complaining guys. Its no worse then the healing grand overlords of the past when you use to get mega ticks just for hitting healing springs in a zerg. Its not like GO means anything just the same as Former Emp does. A title just determines timed played not skill.
    Edited by makeumrage on February 27, 2017 8:26PM
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yuke wrote: »

What is your definition of endgame PVP sir Yuke? Winning the campaign pvedooring ressources the last hours of the cycle and earning Nirnhoded Restoration Staff of Fury? Killing a group of 15 pugs with 4 players and posting videos about it?

With all due respect I have for you, unfortunetly, there is nothing else in endgame PVP. Maybe when we get battlegrounds with a proper ranking system. Until that happen, reaching the highest possible rank is the only thing to distinguish yourself from other players. And at the end of the week, it will be meaningless. Thanks Zenimax.
    Edited by frozywozy on February 27, 2017 8:32PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

• Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • ExcaliburESO
    ExcaliburESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess its not that bad that i was palatine and got to legate, also someone can always pay few milions to some raid to get boosted with def ticks.
    Edited by ExcaliburESO on February 27, 2017 8:26PM
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LoL QFT!

Also well-done to Frozy if he was troll-posting, I'll bite:

AP gains have nothing to do with why the state of PvP is so sour, if anything people are actually playing the map now even if imperfectly. Cyro is a joke because certain groups on many factions do things like PvDoor the map in the mornings while nobody is on to defend and the scoring system considers that a "win" in terms of the overall campaign score in our only outlet to "Endgame PvP".

Kinda sounds like you from your original post. Overlords indeed lol...

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What is your definition of endgame PVP sir Yuke? Winning the campaign and earning Nirnhoded Restoration Staff of Fury? Killing a group of 15 pugs with 4 players and posting videos about it?

The best end game pvp was when VE and CN had that forum circle-jerk contest on how many times Daniel/Zheg got killed. They included a kill counter and everything lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's time to manup and go solo.

PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually outpost flippin is a bigger problem then a dubble AP event. Theese two combined is the worst though :D
    :]
  • makeumrage
    makeumrage
    ✭✭✭
    Actually outpost flippin is a bigger problem then a dubble AP event. Theese two combined is the worst though :D

No worse to me then EMP to bes slaughtering 15+ Of thier own guild or friends on different colors on resources to farm ap. Itll always be there. Are issue isnt the reward system but the lack of mods and punishment. Maybe not ban people no but a mod to time them out of the campaign would be nice. Or a staff team designated to cracking down on boosters would be nice. Dont take our shiny things away beacuse of turds lol.
  • Isellskooma
    Isellskooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why does it matter that there's more of them? They all Zerg, 5% of GWLs are actually good, they know how to play when solo, lead small groups PvP ranks have been worthless since the start.
    Edited by Isellskooma on February 27, 2017 8:54PM
  • makeumrage
    makeumrage
    ✭✭✭
    Why does it matter that there's more of them? They all Zerg, 5% of GWLs are actually good, they know how to play when solo, lead small groups PvP ranks have been worthless since the start.

Not worthless entirely.. SKILL POINTS!!!
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I call bs on this one. Would like to see anyone getting 64 million AP in a week.......
  • makeumrage
    makeumrage
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    I call bs on this one. Would like to see anyone getting 64 million AP in a week.......

Possible. But not likely. Given the end leaderboards for one weekers like Haderous where top guys end with 4-5mill before the tic buffs, I could see maybe 10-20mill in one week with double AP for those guys with no jobs or wives and play 12+ hours lol.
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One week of double AP = 2 weeks of base AP. Maybe three weeks when figuring in the anticipated higher population and overall focus on AP.

I don't think this will really make much difference in the long run.
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talcyndl wrote: »

Although whatever Golden Vendor items the RNG Gods choose next weekend will probably be selling for cheaper than normal. :)
    Tal'gro Bol
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One week of double AP = 2 weeks of base AP. Maybe three weeks when figuring in the anticipated higher population and overall focus on AP.

I think you forgot the part where there is no CP, and most people didn't adjust their gear and have no idea how to deal with it. Also, read my first post again. My group is getting 300k ap / hour. Some of us got over a million AP already since maintenance. Do the maths.

Also, I never said that people would get 64millions APs in the double AP week. I said that alot of people will be getting their GO rank without any hardwork (they were already high ranks).
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

• Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During the last ESO Live stream, I remember Brian starting up the point saying : "We are going to double the AP gain for killing and healing players.." then he made a short pause, I told myself, nice. He made the right move. Then he kept going ".. and we are also doubling the AP gain for capturing keeps, outposts and ressources. I facepalmed and knew he just ruined endgame PVP.

My group have been running since the servers came back up. Made around 750k APs in few hours. We just got emperor. This is going to get even worse. Everyone are and will be earning easy PVP ranks, some will even be Grand Overlord by the end of the week, ruining the efforts of everyone who got GO already.

People are not even trying to defend objectives anymore. They wait until it flips to push the flags and flip it back to get maximum AP.

That was a big mistake imo. RIP endgame PVP.

While i agree that its stupid allowing it to be happening. To say end game pvp is about that rank is extremely laughable. Its a nice feat but its a result of hours played.

Imo end game is about great fights against top guilds and winning them. Not a rank
  • Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What is your definition of endgame PVP sir Yuke? Winning the campaign pvedooring ressources the last hours of the cycle and earning Nirnhoded Restoration Staff of Fury? Killing a group of 15 pugs with 4 players and posting videos about it?

With all due respect I have for you, unfortunetly, there is nothing else in endgame PVP. Maybe when we get battlegrounds with a proper ranking system. Until that happen, reaching the highest possible rank is the only thing to distinguish yourself from other players. And at the end of the week, it will be meaningless. Thanks Zenimax.

We dont fight pugs only. There are also some very bad guildgroups in my videos. <3

What makes you think that AoE blobbing 30-40 pugs with 16 players (and only killing maybe 6-7 at once - so basically zerging them) and posting a video about it is better tho?

At least i know that the people in my group have to use all skills on both of their abilitybars to win a fight. I've sadly seen many of the "organized group" videos posted here in forums, blobbing around in keeps/outposts and in those POVs ive hardly seen people use more than 3-4 skills over the duration of 10-12 minutes.

I really dont want to judge them and i dont think that you find a posting from me ranting about it, i just cant see the fun in it. I know that "playing objectives" is the way 90% of the players play the game and i can also see why people think that endgame pvp is broken because of the "objective trading" going on now.

My initial post just indicates that playing objectives is not the way we play in our small guild and therefor we cant be bothered less if people trade useless APs or grind ranks with even less meaning. You dont even have a decent pvp ability system to spend those grinded PvP ranks on.

Only thing bothering me is that i cant sell my akaviri motifs anymore and im still sitting on my 4 500k motifs i bought weeks ago. ._.
    Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just double AP. That means anyone who hits GO his week would have only had to spend one more week farming AP at the same rate to hit it anyway if this event didn't happen...
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm already sitting out, cant deal with crap anymore

started to play WoW - at least for quests etc - feels so much better
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you forgot the part where there is no CP, and most people didn't adjust their gear and have no idea how to deal with it. Also, read my first post again. My group is getting 300k ap / hour. Some of us got over a million AP already since maintenance. Do the maths.

Also, I never said that people would get 64millions APs in the double AP week. I said that alot of people will be getting their GO rank without any hardwork (they were already high ranks).

Not sure that 300kAP/hour is even double what some groups (including IIRC one of yours) was getting with normal AP since the keep changes.
    Tal'gro Bol
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many people only like PvP if they can have something others cannot. More CP, more titles. PvP should be fun for PvP's sake. I would rather have a working lag free game than any type of progression and I've been playing since launch.
  • Pchela
    Pchela
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    let them get GO, leave pvp and not come back because they got the 5 stars, and pvp can be for the ones who want the fights.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

We dont fight pugs only. There are also some very bad guildgroups in my videos. <3

What makes you think that AoE blobbing 30-40 pugs with 16 players (and only killing maybe 6-7 at once - so basically zerging them) and posting a video about it is better tho?

At least i know that the people in my group have to use all skills on both of their abilitybars to win a fight. I've sadly seen many of the "organized group" videos posted here in forums, blobbing around in keeps/outposts and in those POVs ive hardly seen people use more than 3-4 skills over the duration of 10-12 minutes.

I really dont want to judge them and i dont think that you find a posting from me ranting about it, i just cant see the fun in it. I know that "playing objectives" is the way 90% of the players play the game and i can also see why people think that endgame pvp is broken because of the "objective trading" going on now.

My initial post just indicates that playing objectives is not the way we play in our small guild and therefor we cant be bothered less if people trade useless APs or grind ranks with even less meaning. You dont even have a decent pvp ability system to spend those grinded PvP ranks on.

Only thing bothering me is that i cant sell my akaviri motifs anymore and im still sitting on my 4 500k motifs i bought weeks ago. ._.

You haven't answered my question though. What is your own definition of endgame PVP?
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

• Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dro-m'athra Destroyer already means nothing thanks to bug, now GO will mean nothing too coz "roleplaying". At least Master Angler will always be most OP title.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bubbygink wrote: »
    It's just double AP. That means anyone who hits GO his week would have only had to spend one more week farming AP at the same rate to hit it anyway if this event didn't happen...

No. Like I said earlier, no CP = super easy kills because most people never pvped without CPs on a competitive campaign. It's an exponential gain of APs. Just watch my stream, been streaming all day. People drop like flies left and right. Not to forget the pre-buff of Homestead patch that increased AP gain largely for capturing objectives.
    Edited by frozywozy on February 27, 2017 9:26PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

• Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug