The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Congratulations to all the new Grand Overlords

• Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hafgar_W wrote: »
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Made 1.7m AP today, should be Overlord tomorrow.

For all the toxic salty kids who keep coming in the thread saying that getting Grand Overlord doesn't mean skills, I also agree. I suggest that you read the replies before posting because your argument got countered a dozen times already.

Grand Overlord is a honorific title for players who have been playing this game for a long time. Nothing more, nothing less.

With Homestead AP buff, no CP nubs getting killed left and right, double AP and AP bonus, people are now getting ridiculous amount of APs with almost no efforts catching up on ranks that would have taken months to achieve prior of Homestead.

Anyway, nite!

Frozy, I doubt even 5% of the total PvP population will actually get close to Grand Overlord this week, let alone achieve it. But the point is, most people don't PvP enough for that, even with double AP and healing springs or regeneration.

If we see an abundance of people wearing the title in a week, you can tell me I was wrong. Otherwise, be ready for some serious jokes over Discord :smiley:

Even if you account for the huge boost in activity, there's just no way people are going to make tens of millions in a single week when we're only getting double AP. Unless they do the intentional boost thing, but that wasn't happening today on PC NA TF. There was a little too much reliance on siege damage, but for now people are behaving and trying to get real fights in. Hopefully ZOS is getting the data they need out of this.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Apokalypt
    Apokalypt
    ✭✭✭
    Even with double ap and fast keep flipping, you need 133 hours to rank 50.

Also, stop whining, PvP was zergfest either way, and the no lifers are preventing keep flipping.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AvA rank is irrelevant, you can still pvp with or against ppl even if they are max rank, afaik. ^^

But yea its lame that ppl afk at outposts just gathering ap like that, just for the record.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yuke wrote: »
    Yuke wrote: »
    Im glad that my guild and me have a different definition of endgame pvp.

What is your definition of endgame PVP sir Yuke? Winning the campaign pvedooring ressources the last hours of the cycle and earning Nirnhoded Restoration Staff of Fury? Killing a group of 15 pugs with 4 players and posting videos about it?

With all due respect I have for you, unfortunetly, there is nothing else in endgame PVP. Maybe when we get battlegrounds with a proper ranking system. Until that happen, reaching the highest possible rank is the only thing to distinguish yourself from other players. And at the end of the week, it will be meaningless. Thanks Zenimax.

We dont fight pugs only. There are also some very bad guildgroups in my videos. <3

What makes you think that AoE blobbing 30-40 pugs with 16 players (and only killing maybe 6-7 at once - so basically zerging them) and posting a video about it is better tho?

At least i know that the people in my group have to use all skills on both of their abilitybars to win a fight. I've sadly seen many of the "organized group" videos posted here in forums, blobbing around in keeps/outposts and in those POVs ive hardly seen people use more than 3-4 skills over the duration of 10-12 minutes.

I really dont want to judge them and i dont think that you find a posting from me ranting about it, i just cant see the fun in it. I know that "playing objectives" is the way 90% of the players play the game and i can also see why people think that endgame pvp is broken because of the "objective trading" going on now.

My initial post just indicates that playing objectives is not the way we play in our small guild and therefor we cant be bothered less if people trade useless APs or grind ranks with even less meaning. You dont even have a decent pvp ability system to spend those grinded PvP ranks on.

Only thing bothering me is that i cant sell my akaviri motifs anymore and im still sitting on my 4 500k motifs i bought weeks ago. ._.
    gotta agree on that, ranks and ap are just useless feathers people try to primp themselves with
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yesterday I had this idea.

They do have the data to combine all the AP earned through all your characters of the same faction. They could do what they did with champion points and combine all your alliance ranks together into a universal number that keep going up. This way, we could distinguish who earned the most AP with all his/her characters of the same faction, no matter the alliance rank.
    Edited by frozywozy on February 28, 2017 6:52PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All 5 star titles coming after Lord FENGRUSH are insignificant. All titles who came before zerged or fed themselves, or in some cases both. Except Azoi. Congrats Azoi!
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I had this idea.

They do have the data to combine all the AP earned through all your characters of the same faction. They could do what they did with champion points and combine all your alliance ranks together into a universal number that keep going up. This way, we could distinguish who earned the most AP with all his/her characters of the same faction, no matter the alliance rank.

I like that, I never stick with one character for very long.
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    All 5 star titles coming after Lord FENGRUSH are insignificant. All titles who came before zerged or fed themselves, or in some cases both. Except Azoi. Congrats Azoi!

Good save!
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Dro-m'athra Destroyer already means nothing thanks to bug, now GO will mean nothing too coz "roleplaying". At least Master Angler will always be most OP title.
    I'm pretty sure there aren't any faulty Dro-m'athra Destroyers....

At least on PS4 NA there are currently less than 50 ppl who have the title. Have not found nor heard of any current Dro-m'athra Destroyers that weren't legitimate. It is different on the PC servers?
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Dro-m'athra Destroyer already means nothing thanks to bug, now GO will mean nothing too coz "roleplaying". At least Master Angler will always be most OP title.

What bug let you get that title? The one that lets you kill rakkhat without him fighting back won't give you the title. For the title you need to do other achievements killing him in different ways, including HM.

Either I don't know what bug you mean or you have no idea what you're talking about.
  • Godspeed
    Godspeed
    ✭✭✭
    During the last ESO Live stream, I remember Brian starting up the point saying : "We are going to double the AP gain for killing and healing players.." then he made a short pause, I told myself, nice. He made the right move. Then he kept going ".. and we are also doubling the AP gain for capturing keeps, outposts and ressources. I facepalmed and knew he just ruined endgame PVP.

My group have been running since the servers came back up. Made around 750k APs in few hours. We just got emperor. This is going to get even worse. Everyone are and will be earning easy PVP ranks, some will even be Grand Overlord by the end of the week, ruining the efforts of everyone who got GO already.

People are not even trying to defend objectives anymore. They wait until it flips to push the flags and flip it back to get maximum AP.

That was a big mistake imo. RIP endgame PVP.

If pvp ranks = power like in daoc and war you would have a point. You're crying about something that just doesn't even matter in this game.

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are getting 400k ap/ hr by afking at a outpost.

Technically it's possible to get 0-50 in double ap week.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't see how that is possible at least where I play, when we take Bleakers for example all enemies are killed.
    Then we go take another keep, if they take breakers again we go back and kill them again.
    Of course this was PS4 Scourge NA where for some reason for the twelve hours I was on yesterday never saw anyone doing this AFK thing. Or maybe I was just to busy having fun getting emp for our alliance.

Maybe this is a PC thing, I will go play some on PC to find out.
    Edited by TequilaFire on February 28, 2017 10:05PM
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    At least on the DC side, one of my top bombers just played in group all day and ended up #2 on leaderboards without AP buffing; so if people were trying to farm AP pve style they weren't very successful.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Darth_Apache
    Darth_Apache
    ✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    At least on the DC side, one of my top bombers just played in group all day and ended up #2 on leaderboards without AP buffing; so if people were trying to farm AP pve style they weren't very successful.

Teach me the ways...
    "Darth Apache XB1, NA, AD, StamBlade, DW/Bow"
    Insurrection - The Eye - The Nightshade Consortium
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't see how that is possible at least where I play, when we take Bleakers for example all enemies are killed.
    Then we go take another keep, if they take breakers again we go back and kill them again.
    Of course this was PS4 Scourge NA where for some reason for the twelve hours I was on yesterday never saw anyone doing this AFK thing. Or maybe I was just to busy having fun getting emp for our alliance.

I'm with you TequilaFire, the PS4 NA Scourge crowd wouldn't do this. Nor do I think they really care. It's so weird hearing whats going on with Bleakers on PC. Surreal almost.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »

Teach me the ways...

The best way to get AP has always been objectives. You push the map and you'll get consistent fights. That objectives now award more AP makes this all the more true.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    do people actually sustain 400k when flipping? why can't "normal players" ruin it? nothing suspicious on Azuras's so far. also made 1.15m today by playing normally (but in significantly longer time). still, outpost (and actually also keep and resource) AP is totally broken (it would be kinda great if it was split between players and maybe with diminishing returns for the same outpost).

But imho not too much harm is done:

Many GOs (or at least very high ranks), are simply part of a good group (sometimes simply part of a very mediocre group with a good leader). Others simply have a lot of time. There are more than a handful such players who are absolutely terrible players and repeatedly get 1vX'd.

At least we'll have a good laugh when ZOS posts stats that nobody ever made more than 100k/h and that the top result was achieved by doing a combination of scouting quests and using 30day reward repkits
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Apokalypt
    Apokalypt
    ✭✭✭

If it works well and they swap fast, it grants about 300k ap/h. So you need around 200 hours from 1-50.
    So, even with 24/7 it would not be possible.
    And due the fact that keep swapping maybe works for <8 hours a day, and with all the disconnects etc....
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kas wrote: »
    do people actually sustain 400k when flipping? why can't "normal players" ruin it? nothing suspicious on Azuras's so far. also made 1.15m today by playing normally (but in significantly longer time). still, outpost (and actually also keep and resource) AP is totally broken (it would be kinda great if it was split between players and maybe with diminishing returns for the same outpost).

Many GOs (or at least very high ranks), are simply part of a good group (sometimes simply part of a very mediocre group with a good leader). Others simply have a lot of time. There are more than a handful such players who are absolutely terrible players and repeatedly get 1vX'd.

At least we'll have a good laugh when ZOS posts stats that nobody ever made more than 100k/h and that the top result was achieved by doing a combination of scouting quests and using 30day reward repkits

I know right.

Then they will come with a new testing week without healing spring and free sharpened VMA weapons at the end. No wait, that would screw up PVE economy. No way this is happening anytime soon, what am I saying.
    Edited by frozywozy on February 28, 2017 10:38PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apokalypt wrote: »

If it works well and they swap fast, it grants about 300k ap/h. So you need around 200 hours from 1-50.
    And due the fact that keep swapping maybe works for <8 hours a day, and with all the disconnects etc....

People were hitting 200k without without double exp

Dont forget ap boosts from campaign and delves.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »
    During the last ESO Live stream, I remember Brian starting up the point saying : "We are going to double the AP gain for killing and healing players.." then he made a short pause, I told myself, nice. He made the right move. Then he kept going ".. and we are also doubling the AP gain for capturing keeps, outposts and ressources. I facepalmed and knew he just ruined endgame PVP.

My group have been running since the servers came back up. Made around 750k APs in few hours. We just got emperor. This is going to get even worse. Everyone are and will be earning easy PVP ranks, some will even be Grand Overlord by the end of the week, ruining the efforts of everyone who got GO already.

People are not even trying to defend objectives anymore. They wait until it flips to push the flags and flip it back to get maximum AP.

That was a big mistake imo. RIP endgame PVP.

Welcome to 2 weeks ago?

How is this any worse then turtling Chal, BRK, Bleakers, Nikel, etc and farming Defensive ticks? It's the same thing really. I'm not sure where this perceived moral high ground is coming from...?

Edited by RinaldoGandolphi on February 28, 2017 11:01PM
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm with you TequilaFire, the PS4 NA Scourge crowd wouldn't do this. Nor do I think they really care. It's so weird hearing whats going on with Bleakers on PC. Surreal almost.

*Mostly* a PC thing. I saw an EP/AD keep trading back and forth every minute for like 4+ hrs yesterday on Skull.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apokalypt wrote: »

People were hitting 200k without without double exp

Dont forget ap boosts from campaign and delves.

The most I've AP I've seen made in a 7 day campaign was a little over 5 million. With double AP that's only 10 million so basically two or so alliance ranks (it takes 10 million AP to go from legate to warlord). To be grand overlord you need more than 64 million total AP. The only thing double AP will accomplish is that players will get it 2 or 3 weeks earlier than they would've gotten it originally.
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It takes 64.680.700 AP to go from 0-50; so that's 161,7 hours of farming with 400.000 AP per hour, or 6.7 days.
    So while that is technically possible, it's humanly impossible unless you're using macroes to keep yourself logged in.
    It would also require a farm that is 100% optimized, going on 24/7, and never interrupted; which is unrealistic.

The average number gained per hour is more like 350.000 AP, from the numbers I have seen people getting (and that is even setting the bar high); in which cast it would take 184,8 hours, or 7.7 days.

The average amount of farm time, total, per day is probably varying from 8-10 hours, usually in the time interval 01.00-13.00. Some days it starts a bit earlier and some days it ends a bit later. Let's just assume that we can get 10 hours of untinterrupted semi-good farming every day, for this double AP week; that's 7 days of 10 hours of 350.000 AP per hour = 24.500.000 AP.

So realistically noone will earn more than 24.500.000 AP during this week; and that is given that they are able to be there for every single hour of when the farming is available (mostly during the night when people are sleeping). This excludes people who have a life, unless they macro, which is a different problem.

So some people, who farm AP, will get up to 24.500.000 AP during this week, which isn't even halfway to Grand Overlord, but most people, and by most I mean over 90% of the population, who actually bother to attend the AP farming, will be lucky if they even get just half of this, which even then is probably a very high estimate.

A lot of people who were already sitting at higher ranks, start 40's to be precise, will however be able to get Grand Overlord this week if they attend all farming sessions for every hour they go on. Some people who participating in all the farming that also happened prior to this week, including this week aswell, will also be able to get Grand Overlord this week, these are the people who were in the late 30's, rank-wise, to be precise. But again we are talking about maybe 5-10% of the player base, who has no real life obligations and can afford to sit through the night, to attend all the AP farming.

So in summary the projections you and other people are making on these forums; of people getting Grand Overlord in a week, are wildly exaggerated.

Is it a problem though? Yes ofcourse it is. ZOS really should have patched this for the double AP week; even if it meant turning off AP for taking keeps and rescources through a hotfix. Ultimately I think the blame lies with ZOS and not the individual player, but that is just my opinion.

Below is the AP table for anyone who want to check the AP requirements for the ranks themselves:
    PvP Rank |Rank Points Till Next Level |Total Rank Points Gained
    0 | 700 | 700
    1 | 1600 | 2300
    2 | 6400 | 8700
    3 | 14400 | 23100
    4 | 25600 | 48700
    5 | 40000 | 88700
    6 | 57600 | 146300
    7 | 78400 | 224700
    8 | 102400 | 327100
    9 | 129600 | 456700
    10 | 160000 | 616700
    11 | 193600 | 810300
    12 | 230400 | 1040700
    13 | 270400 | 1311100
    14 | 313600 | 1624700
    15 | 360000 | 1984700
    16 | 409600 | 2394300
    17 | 462400 | 2856700
    18 | 518400 | 3375100
    19 | 577600 | 3952700
    20 | 640000 | 4592700
    21 | 705600 | 5298300
    22 | 774400 | 6072700
    23 | 846400 | 6919100
    24 | 921600 | 7840700
    25 | 1000000 | 8840700
    26 | 1081600 | 9922300
    27 | 1166400 | 11088700
    28 | 1254400 | 12343100
    29 | 1345600 | 13688700
    30 | 1440000 | 15128700
    31 | 1537600 | 16666300
    32 | 1638400 | 18304700
    33 | 1742400 | 20047100
    34 | 1849600 | 21896700
    35 | 1960000 | 23856700
    36 | 2073600 | 25930300
    37 | 2190400 | 28120700
    38 | 2310400 | 30431100
    39 | 2433600 | 32864700
    40 | 2560000 | 35424700
    41 | 2689600 | 38114300
    42 | 2822400 | 40936700
    43 | 2958400 | 43895100
    44 | 3097600 | 46992700
    45 | 3240000 | 50232700
    46 | 3385600 | 53618300
    47 | 3534400 | 57152700
    48 | 3686400 | 60839100
    49 | 3841600 | 64680700
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know right.

Then they will come with a new testing week without healing spring and free sharpened VMA weapons at the end. No wait, that would screw up PVE economy. No way this is happening anytime soon, what am I saying.

How would free vMA Sharpened weapons screw over PvE economy? Those things are bound anyway. If you're going to discriminate please, at the very minimum, apply logic to your argumentation.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zinaroth wrote: »

It takes 64.680.700 AP to go from 0-50; so that's 161,7 hours of farming with 400.000 AP per hour, or 6.7 days.
    So while that is technically possible, it's humanly impossible unless you're using macroes to keep yourself logged in.
    It would also require a farm that is 100% optimized, going on 24/7, and never interrupted; which is unrealistic.

The average number gained per hour is more like 350.000 AP, from the numbers I have seen people getting (and that is even setting the bar high); in which cast it would take 184,8 hours, or 7.7 days.

The average amount of farm time, total, per day is probably varying from 8-10 hours, usually in the time interval 01.00-13.00. Some days it starts a bit earlier and some days it ends a bit later. Let's just assume that we can get 10 hours of untinterrupted semi-good farming every day, for this double AP week; that's 7 days of 10 hours of 350.000 AP per hour = 24.500.000 AP.

So realistically noone will earn more than 24.500.000 AP during this week; and that is given that they are able to be there for every single hour of when the farming is available (mostly during the night when people are sleeping). This excludes people who have a life, unless they macro, which is a different problem.

So some people, who farm AP, will get up to 24.500.000 AP during this week, which isn't even halfway to Grand Overlord, but most people, and by most I mean over 90% of the population, who actually bother to attend the AP farming, will be lucky if they even get just half of this, which even then is probably a very high estimate.

A lot of people who were already sitting at higher ranks, start 40's to be precise, will however be able to get Grand Overlord this week if they attend all farming sessions for every hour they go on. Some people who participating in all the farming that also happened prior to this week, including this week aswell, will also be able to get Grand Overlord this week, these are the people who were in the late 30's, rank-wise, to be precise. But again we are talking about maybe 5-10% of the player base, who has no real life obligations and can afford to sit through the night, to attend all the AP farming.

So in summary the projections you and other people are making on these forums; of people getting Grand Overlord in a week, are wildly exaggerated.

Is it a problem though? Yes ofcourse it is. ZOS really should have patched this for the double AP week; even if it meant turning off AP for taking keeps and rescources through a hotfix. Ultimately I think the blame lies with ZOS and not the individual player, but that is just my opinion.

Below is the AP table for anyone who want to check the AP requirements for the ranks themselves:
    PvP Rank |Rank Points Till Next Level |Total Rank Points Gained
    0 | 700 | 700
    1 | 1600 | 2300
    2 | 6400 | 8700
    3 | 14400 | 23100
    4 | 25600 | 48700
    5 | 40000 | 88700
    6 | 57600 | 146300
    7 | 78400 | 224700
    8 | 102400 | 327100
    9 | 129600 | 456700
    10 | 160000 | 616700
    11 | 193600 | 810300
    12 | 230400 | 1040700
    13 | 270400 | 1311100
    14 | 313600 | 1624700
    15 | 360000 | 1984700
    16 | 409600 | 2394300
    17 | 462400 | 2856700
    18 | 518400 | 3375100
    19 | 577600 | 3952700
    20 | 640000 | 4592700
    21 | 705600 | 5298300
    22 | 774400 | 6072700
    23 | 846400 | 6919100
    24 | 921600 | 7840700
    25 | 1000000 | 8840700
    26 | 1081600 | 9922300
    27 | 1166400 | 11088700
    28 | 1254400 | 12343100
    29 | 1345600 | 13688700
    30 | 1440000 | 15128700
    31 | 1537600 | 16666300
    32 | 1638400 | 18304700
    33 | 1742400 | 20047100
    34 | 1849600 | 21896700
    35 | 1960000 | 23856700
    36 | 2073600 | 25930300
    37 | 2190400 | 28120700
    38 | 2310400 | 30431100
    39 | 2433600 | 32864700
    40 | 2560000 | 35424700
    41 | 2689600 | 38114300
    42 | 2822400 | 40936700
    43 | 2958400 | 43895100
    44 | 3097600 | 46992700
    45 | 3240000 | 50232700
    46 | 3385600 | 53618300
    47 | 3534400 | 57152700
    48 | 3686400 | 60839100
    49 | 3841600 | 64680700

Like I said in alot of my replies in this thread, I never said that people could farm 64 millions AP in a week. I said that alot of people who were high ranks already would get it with almost no efforts, abusing the Homestead AP buff on top of the double AP week on top of killing no CP inexperienced players on top of AP bonus.

All these factors combined together make people part of organized groups get between 1 and 2 millions AP a day (What I have been getting the past 2days), numbers that would have taken weeks to get prior of Homestead.

Thanks for your well written useless explanation though.

Zinaroth wrote: »

I know right.

How would free vMA Sharpened weapons screw over PvE economy? Those things are bound anyway. If you're going to discriminate please, at the very minimum, apply logic to your argumentation.

I was just making a bad joke calling out the wrong approach Zenimax took to appeal players to PvP (increase AP gains for capturing objectives instead of stopping only at killing and healing players). Giving away free sharpened VMA weapons do ruin the economy when you think about all the repair bills from the failed VMA runs and all the pvpers who have to craft a whole specific set of pve gear only for that single purpose though. ;)
    Edited by frozywozy on March 1, 2017 8:13AM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

• Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your well written useless explanation though.

It might be useless for you; because it is basic knowledge for anyone who is knowledgeable on PvP.
    But I see a lot of people on this community who go on the forums and read stuff, take it for 100% accurate, then go on the social outlets like YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and biggest of all Twitch, and project what they read on forums, like they're on a crusade. This is further enhanced by high profile PvPers and certain streamers, who make it their personal agenda to hunt down everyone farming AP.

Informing the unkowing masses of the true numbers, of the facts, and presenting them with varied opinions on the subject, disallows such unhealthy witch hunts, which serves no purpose other than inflate egos and cause dissonance in the community.

It's just like real life where a president can get elected because of his hate towards other people based on people's prejudice which is again based on the lack of informed and unbiased knowledge, or only being exposed to one point of view, and then being lead on by big profiles who make it their personal agenda to use that malcontempt to make something bigger of themselves - a vicious circle that should be stopped.

Not that I am claiming any grand moral or anything; just wanted to clarify that useless to you does not mean useless in general.
    Giving away free sharpened VMA weapons do ruin the economy when you think about all the repair bills from the failed VMA runs though. ;)

I guess that makes a point. ;)
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A similar thing happened in pve where some wall was bug and people were exploiting it to get the Dro'mathra destroyer title. It got hotfixed in short time but why is this not being looked into even though it was obvious this would happen?

Imagine the outrage if Dromathra exploit wasnt fixed fast and on top of that ZOS makes an event where you deal double damage in that dungeon. Even saying '' We know people are exploiting to get the title but we'll look into that after the event''.

If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So end game pvp is apparently about getting alliance war ranks and not murdering people, which hasn't changed. 8/10 thread 4/10 complaint, try again.