The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Homestead] Bolt Escape Bug Explained (Video)

HoloYoitsu
HoloYoitsu
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7gFISooHIQ

Bolt Escape now bugs out, fails on cast and traps you in an inescapable root. None of the sorcs I talked to understood what was going on, so here's a brief summary of the findings from the video.
  • Most easily reproducible on mile gates, on the two outer towers.
  • Bug occurs when attempting a blink that would move your toon through a bug causing spot.
  • Bugged spots correspond with spots that also bug out Necrotic Orb (cause the orbs to disppear midair).
  • When blink bugs you are rooted in place similar to "slow falling". The game does not count it as a CC effect and no effects that proc from CC will proc from it.
  • The magicka for the blink is still consumed.
  • Unlike "slow falling" you can still dodge roll but it will not animate or move your toon in any way, though you gain the dodge immunity.
  • The root tends to last 3-5 sec - variable length.

Edit: The bug can also be triggered on 3rd floor outer wall keep towers when blinking towards the stairs, as well as keep inners on the back flag blinking towards the postern.
  • Zyn
    Zyn
    ✭✭
    Thought I was going crazy. Thx for the post ;)
  • gibous
    gibous
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is great - thanks for putting the vid and post together. Hopefully it will help the devs fix the issue.
    Reddington James — Magsorc & Magplar (NA PC)
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been in Cyrodiil in a couple weeks, but I've noticed the same thing in PVE.
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter
    Exquisite Bedlam - Sorcerer AD rank 34
    Cinnamonspiderdreams - Sorcerer EP rank 24
    Synaris Astarte - Templar DC rank 24
    Cinnamon Spider - Nightblade AD

Youtube - Cinnamon_Spider
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think its the same bug but sometimes I cant use anything when im rooted in a doorway as a magicka templar
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Ernest145
    Ernest145
    ✭✭✭
    It happens a lot in resource towers also.
    Invictus

Big Ernie - Templar - EP Grand Overlord
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Chori
    Chori
    ✭✭✭✭
    There we go, I dont have a sorc brain to figure this out XD. Extremely frustrating last night while trying to streak thru enemies
    EP NA-PC - Invictus - Odem Mortis
    1. Stamina NB Cat - ChoriB'Good
    2. Magicka NB High Elf - Lîndara
    3. Stam Sorc High Elf - Lindara Moonlight
    4. Red Guard Stamina DK - Chorî
    5. Red Guard Stamina Templar - Choripaninikinnie
    6. Magplar High Elf - Vagitarian Sillonour
    Don't tell me you lag, I play with 200-300 ms all the time ^_^
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs have been Templarred!

At least it only lasts a couple seconds. Templars charge move used to lock them out of all skills, dodges, weapon swap for a full 30 seconds for like a year and a half.

Not that this helps your problem at all. Fix it ZoS!

edit: BTW, excellent video. The use of editing was done very well and the bit at the end with Necrotic Orb shows that it may be a general bug that affects certain skills, or a general bug that effects certain areas of the world.
    Edited by danno8 on February 11, 2017 7:12PM
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also made a thread over this before learning more. Honestly though, I feel everyday since the patch im having more and more issues.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh... my.... god....

ZOS what have you done to my class.....
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/319931/bolt-escape-and-morphs-are-bugged-in-pvp#latest

Made a topic before aswell, let's hope they fix this fast, it's sooo annoying...
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5GwJUwbWH8&feature=youtu.be

Best one so far

@ZOS_GinaBruno Is it adressed, are you looking into it now???

2.5k+ Champion Points

• Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's awful. Getting killed by potatoes because of the silence/stun that comes with it :'(
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I thought it was just lag! Thanks for doing the research.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess that ZOS did some research and discovered that sorcs were still able to use their class evasion skill to avoid death, so they decided to nerf it again my making it root us in place instead of you know... bolt ESCAPING.

I played pvp for a couple hours since the patch dropped and this bug screwed me over 20+ times and straight got me killed 5 or so times. I didn't make the connection to what caused it since it feels like everything snares/roots/stuns in this game. The bug feels like the old lag CC where you character freezes but no CC animation plays.

Thank you for tracking this down.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hexys wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5GwJUwbWH8&feature=youtu.be

Best one so far

@ZOS_GinaBruno Is it adressed, are you lookzing into it now???
    gCNVEgC.gif
    Fall Damage Unicorn approves.
    XtI0CMl.jpg
  • SamTheSwan
    SamTheSwan
    ✭✭
    Why reactive armor on mag sorc tho?
    PC NA
    Magicka Sorc- 'Cadderly

• HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SamTheSwan wrote: »
    It's more of a troll build for smallmanning, you sacrifice some dps, but gain in survivability. The loss in max burst potential isn't even that huges; for frags + curse, you're looking at about 3.1k less on your max dmg when you compare switching out reactive for spinners, which is substantial. But that calc is vs the tankiest of builds. Then when you consider that many people don't have more than 18k resists to begin with, the potential burst loss is even less.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    It's more of a troll build for smallmanning, you sacrifice some dps, but gain in survivability. The loss in max burst potential isn't even that huges; for frags + curse, you're looking at about 3.1k less on your max dmg when you compare switching out reactive for spinners, which is substantial. But that calc is vs the tankiest of builds. Then when you consider that many people don't have more than 18k resists to begin with, the potential burst loss is even less.

When does reactive kick in? I guess it does when youre hardcced, like stunned or knockdown, but roots and possibly snares? Thanks in advance. (sorry for derailing thread)

PC EU
    PvP only
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »

When does reactive kick in? I guess it does when youre hardcced, like stunned or knockdown, but roots and possibly snares? Thanks in advance. (sorry for derailing thread)
    Hard CC, roots & negates.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @HoloYoitsu

This bug is not just confined to Bolt Escape. Doing PVE questing in the Caldwell Gold Zones yesterday on my DK. Casting Volatile Armor and other AOEs under archways or narrow corridors like shown in your video caused the skill to not work(yet take my magicka) and caused me to be stuck and rooted in place unable to move just your Bolt Escape on your Sorc shows,

So it seems this bug is not limited to just Bolt Escape, and may be far deeper then orginally thought.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fails happen with incap same way but you don't get stuck. Just go spastic.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @HoloYoitsu

This bug is not just confined to Bolt Escape. Doing PVE questing in the Caldwell Gold Zones yesterday on my DK. Casting Volatile Armor and other AOEs under archways or narrow corridors like shown in your video caused the skill to not work(yet take my magicka) and caused me to be stuck and rooted in place unable to move just your Bolt Escape on your Sorc shows,

So it seems this bug is not limited to just Bolt Escape, and may be far deeper then orginally thought.
    silky_soft wrote: »
    Fails happen with incap same way but you don't get stuck. Just go spastic.
    Interesting, could anyone provide some vid of this bug happening w/ other skills?
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Little update: Bolt Escape also bugs out going through resource tower doorways.

Yay.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Little update: Bolt Escape also bugs out going through resource tower doorways.

Yay.

Any arch. Including the ones at the milegates.
  • incite
    incite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also happens at certain spots in IC
    PC EU

no1 knows me, no1 cares about me but sshh, don't tell

• InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its happened to me a few times in open-world too - so I guess there must be certain spots there too.

re. Reactive. I tried this on my magsorc once. The thinking is sound - most of the time when sorcs die its due to burst while CC'd (which stops them from re-shielding). The reactive 5-piece kicks in exactly when you need it.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Attention please... this needs fixing ASAP.

2.5k+ Champion Points

• LegendaryChef
    LegendaryChef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a feeling that the same idea of thing is happening with CC break in these positions, couple of times on the milegate today I was stunned and couldn't break it at all with plenty of stam....
    Zzoro/Elliot Brown/Baldy ~Kitesquad/Noricum~
    PC EU.
    Spider mount was the only good part about morrowind release.